PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Drunk Kills father of 5.

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-03-2008, 10:12 AM
A 39 year old scumbag driving drunk crossed the center line on Hwy 32 this morning and killed a father of 5 from So. Milwaukee who was on his way to work at ChryCo in Kenosha. :flipoff2:
I thought of MoparJim when I heard the news as he works at the motors and I believe MoparJim live's in that area too, The victims name was Dave tho, R.I.P.

Yooformula
06-03-2008, 10:13 AM
the guy was drunk in the morning????? prayers for the kids and family.

michelle
06-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Wow, that's horrible.

05caddyext
06-03-2008, 10:55 AM
There was just another guy I believe on Sunday night that was arrested 2 times within 2 hours for drunk driving. He was pulled over, got a dui. Released to responsible party, cop followed them to where the guys truck was. Drunk guy got out, drove away in his truck. Pulled over again for another dui.

My question is - should the "responsible" party also be charged with something? I have always felt they should. I realize you might not be able to stop someone if they are drunk from getting out of your car or house or whereever you take them, but you sure as hell don't have to drive them right back to their car/truck. You are in complete control as to where you take them. If you let them go, you should also be liable for something, IMO. What do you guys think?

Moparjim
06-03-2008, 12:19 PM
WOW - it wasn't me - I haven't heard anything around here today either but I will ask around... Terrible news everytime this happens. Always seems the drunk driver walks away unscathed as well... Is there a link to a news article or something?

Crawlin
06-03-2008, 12:22 PM
responsible party should be charged with endangering lives and negligent homicide if that person would have killed someone in an accident.

kornholio788
06-03-2008, 12:25 PM
After your first DUI I believe you should never be allowed to drive again. period. Just my opinion though. I personally think it is VERY wrong for someone allowed to endager countless lives and be able to drive again. Driving is a privlage. Nothing more. You don't take account for your acctions. Take it away. They catch you driving again...throw you in jail for a couple years for endagering lives. Drunk driving should NOT be tolerated AT ALL. Because then things like this happen. ANd it is just horrible.

flyin_blue_egg
06-03-2008, 12:28 PM
There was just another guy I believe on Sunday night that was arrested 2 times within 2 hours for drunk driving. He was pulled over, got a dui. Released to responsible party, cop followed them to where the guys truck was. Drunk guy got out, drove away in his truck. Pulled over again for another dui.

My question is - should the "responsible" party also be charged with something? I have always felt they should. I realize you might not be able to stop someone if they are drunk from getting out of your car or house or whereever you take them, but you sure as hell don't have to drive them right back to their car/truck. You are in complete control as to where you take them. If you let them go, you should also be liable for something, IMO. What do you guys think?

you are very right...the responsible party would be charged with something, and im pretty sure that if the drunk guy was to go kill somebody the "responsible party" would be charged as an accessory or something like that

flyin_blue_egg
06-03-2008, 12:30 PM
After your first DUI I believe you should never be allowed to drive again. period. Just my opinion though. I personally think it is VERY wrong for someone allowed to endager countless lives and be able to drive again. Driving is a privlage. Nothing more. You don't take account for your acctions. Take it away. They catch you driving again...throw you in jail for a couple years for endagering lives. Drunk driving should NOT be tolerated AT ALL. Because then things like this happen. ANd it is just horrible.

you're right driving drunk is a very horrilbe thing...but taking away someones ability to drive for 1 dui conviction seems like it would do more harm to me. first off people do make mistakes, we are after all human, and by not allowing them to drive for making one mistake, what if they have kids etc. how they supposed to get to work

kornholio788
06-03-2008, 12:34 PM
you're right driving drunk is a very horrilbe thing...but taking away someones ability to drive for 1 dui conviction seems like it would do more harm to me. first off people do make mistakes, we are after all human, and by not allowing them to drive for making one mistake, what if they have kids etc. how they supposed to get to work

Should have thought about that before you got into the car drunk. No one forced you. You know the law. What if you killed someone on the "first mistake" killing a mother and her 2 kids? You **** up. Own up to your actions. Take the pounding in teh ass you deserve. And ride the bus.

DynoTom
06-03-2008, 12:45 PM
I thought of MoparJim when I heard the news as he works at the motors and I believe MoparJim live's in that area too, The victims name was Dave tho, R.I.P.

I was thinking the exact same thing at first !

I was like NO WAY and then they said his name was Dave !

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-03-2008, 01:10 PM
http://www.journaltimes.com/articles/2008/06/03/local_news/doc484550476e72b448701901.txtDriver in Caledonia car crash arrested on third OWI
By JOURNAL TIMES STAFF
Tuesday, June 3, 2008 11:02 AM CDT

CALEDONIA – A Racine man whose SUV allegedly struck an oncoming car, killing its driver, was arrested for drunken driving following the early morning crash in Caledonia.

Martimiano Montano, 39, is accused of crossing the center line of Highway 32 near Botting Road and colliding with the car of David Penkalski around 3:20 a.m., according to a release from the Caledonia Police Department. Penkalski’s vehicle was hit nearly head-on by the SUV, said Racine County Medical Examiner Tom Terry.

Penkalski, a husband and father of 5 children, was on his way to work in Kenosha at Chrysler, Terry said. He was supposed to begin his shift at 4 a.m. Caledonia officers and paramedics tried lifesaving efforts, but he was pronounced dead on the scene at 3:34 a.m. Penkalski, 54, is from South Milwaukee.

Feature Pony
06-03-2008, 01:55 PM
3rd OWI??? That guy should be hung in the city for a public viewing!!!! I hate scrubs like this, I mean WTF was this guy thinking, dude I'm so trashed I think I'm going to drive?? I say lets bring back the death penalty!!

wikked
06-03-2008, 02:40 PM
so that's why the effing road was closed when I thought I was getting to work early. Then there was another accident on 7mile, where they were detouring everyone...

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-03-2008, 02:42 PM
And 3:20 in the morning, you know he was drunk as hell.
Wikked you work at the power plant ?

swift steve
06-03-2008, 03:15 PM
too bad america isnt like japan where lock the sons of bitches up for 15 years on your FIRST DUI!!!

swift steve
06-03-2008, 03:16 PM
i went to high school with a brandon penkalski, unknown if it was his father or not though....

MoCkiN U
06-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Sorry to those on this board of that heritage but whats with the damn drunk mexicans in kenosha area this year? Shooting & killing sheriff deputy on routine stop, killing mother and daughter in DD accident, this accident, causing fights and shootings killing a local bar tender

u_say_go
06-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Sorry to those on this board of that heritage but whats with the damn drunk mexicans in kenosha area this year? Shooting & killing sheriff deputy on routine stop, killing mother and daughter in DD accident, this accident, causing fights and shootings killing a local bar tender
they keep my brother employed. I say off with this guys head...and the buttf**k who killed the pregnant mom in oconomowoc.

michelle
06-03-2008, 04:14 PM
It's going to take a famous person or a famous person's close family member to be killed to make a law change when it comes to drunk driving. For some reason, the law makers haven't gotten the hint with the countless lives lost and families destroyed.

Syclone0044
06-03-2008, 04:38 PM
I thought drunk driving was the official Wisconsin state pastime?? Don't we lead the nation #1 in drunk drivers?

Poncho
06-03-2008, 07:53 PM
I know of a guy w/ 5 DUI convictions. It's nuts.

Al
06-03-2008, 08:58 PM
The sad thing is how many people actually drive drunk.

DirtyMax
06-03-2008, 09:57 PM
The sad thing is how many people actually drive drunk.

True. Quite honestly, if you even feel the alcohol, you're probably already over the legal limit.

LIL EVO
06-03-2008, 10:12 PM
eff the power plant. I swear 2000 employees get out at 5pm and clog up 32 all the way to hwy 100/ryan rd.

wikked
06-04-2008, 09:50 AM
And 3:20 in the morning, you know he was drunk as hell.
Wikked you work at the power plant ?

no but I take 32 to 100 to 94 to downtown :|

Also, the guy wasn't wearing his seatbelt... fail.

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-04-2008, 10:17 AM
True the victim who died was not wearing his seat belt and was partially ejected, probably a good part of why he passed away as ejection=death in most cases, but he was blindsided by a guy bombed out of his mind drunk. :punch: