PDA

View Full Version : WTB atv

Ricky Bobby
06-02-2008, 06:24 PM
looking at gettin a 4x4 unit friend has grizzly 660 and he loves it just wondering what u guys have one friend is pushing the can-ams and i never even heard of them :confused another said the brute force from kawasaki is good im lookin at the 600 and up cc range also thanx. Also the place im goin doesnt sell the grizzly so i cant get it i have a friend that works there thats why im goin

70 cutlass 442
06-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Buy a Polaris. Enough said.

Ricky Bobby
06-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Buy a Polaris. Enough said.

mmm K thanx man lol u get ur timing all set now :rolf

70 cutlass 442
06-02-2008, 06:42 PM
mmm K thanx man lol u get ur timing all set now :rolf

nope, some bastard on this site jacked our light (you know who you are) so im just going to buy another one since i actualy have a job that i can afford to buy tools/parts. anyways. back to the topic. Canam 800 is good for drag racing and that is it. the suspension is far to soft for normal trial riding. plus they are made in Mexico, then you got that awesome visco lock that polaris sold to them back in the early 90s becuase they worked like such bags of sh!t. not true awd, and when you on de-cel it will pull to the left when 4x4 mode is in. Then you got the girzzly, which feels like like a brick shit house compared to a Polairs. they still use very primitive suspension, cheap drivetrain components, not a true awd setup. severly underpowered. expensive parts and up front purchase price..... Brute force Rides like the yamy. a bit underpowered for all the hype. Honda once again rides like shit with the solid axel, moves out good for a big bore single cyl. the trans sounds like theres a handful of change when you shift under power.... suzukis are just like the kawis, and then you got Arctic cat- rode ok for what it was. looks gay and when in AWD mode, its a ***** to steer.

Ricky Bobby
06-02-2008, 07:29 PM
ah well thanx for the cliff notes :thumbsup

and who ganked ur light thats some bs right thur

70 cutlass 442
06-02-2008, 07:31 PM
i wont say on the bord since im only 99.99 percent sure on who it is. but if you wanna rip a 800 sportsman, i got an 08' On demo you can come beat the hell out of if you want.

Ricky Bobby
06-02-2008, 07:36 PM
were at man i would like to check it out cause my friend has a polaris sportsman 400 and it seems like a turd

70 cutlass 442
06-02-2008, 07:53 PM
were at man i would like to check it out cause my friend has a polaris sportsman 400 and it seems like a turd

thats because it is. they ride nice, but no where near the power of a twin. I actually work at a Polaris dealer so i can let you take out any model you want. :thumbsup

Breecher_7
06-02-2008, 08:27 PM
I say go can-am. But I may be a little biased...

Then again, you wont find a better built or more powerfull unit. 800 Outlander FTW!!!!

Id say polaris is second in line.

Cryptic
06-02-2008, 08:56 PM
We have a Grizzly 660... Its our second Yamaha... I have no compaints

DirtyMax
06-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Go ride an 800 up by Jon and then contact me if you want a hell of a deal on a Blue/Black 07 Sportsman 800 Deluxe. I'll go up to my cabin and get it if you're serious. It probably has 10 miles on it tops. Comed factory loaded with Factory Winch, Aluminum Wheels, Bling Dual Exhaust, etc. It's a pretty kickass machine. Definitely not a turd.

I'm considering getting an older rump-thumper ATV or even just renting one when we go up. Seems we only have time to go on 1-2 rides per year lately and a brand new 800 is alot of $ worth of machine to have just sitting there 350 days a year. Not dead set on this plan of attack yet but money talks I guess... :goof

Not trying to take a sale away from Avenue Lawn & Leisure, who by the way took excellent care of me, :plug: but that's where I bought this one from so I guess it's probably OK to toss it out there.

Looks like so:

http://www.powersportstv.com/adminuploadedimage/400x200/2007_Polaris_Sportsman_800EFIDeluxe.jpg

Ricky Bobby
06-02-2008, 10:57 PM
i probably will go up there and check it out :thumbsup

70 cutlass 442
06-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Go ride an 800 up by Jon and then contact me if you want a hell of a deal on a Blue/Black 07 Sportsman 800 Deluxe. I'll go up to my cabin and get it if you're serious. It probably has 10 miles on it tops. Comed factory loaded with Factory Winch, Aluminum Wheels, Bling Dual Exhaust, etc. It's a pretty kickass machine. Definitely not a turd.

Too bad you dont ride it more, its a hell of a machine, i wish polaris had the deluxe again this year becuse the winch and the wheels really set that machine off for sure. but i can vouch 4Eyeds machine is the closest thing to new you will find :headbang

DirtyMax
06-02-2008, 11:14 PM
I still haven't even ridden it yet aside from on and off the trailer loading it, LOL. Those handful of miles are from my brother buzzing around our land Memorial Day weekend. He said it's a fuggin' beast though. Gobs of power, especially considering it's big.

Ricky Bobby
06-07-2008, 05:19 PM
I say go can-am. But I may be a little biased...

Then again, you wont find a better built or more powerfull unit. 800 Outlander FTW!!!!

Id say polaris is second in line.

well bought a 800 renegade today :thumbsup got a smokin deal on it so i pick it up on mon. with 2 place trailer

Breecher_7
06-07-2008, 05:22 PM
I was under the impression you wanted a utility ATV.

Hold on tight with that *****, there monsters.

Ricky Bobby
06-07-2008, 08:23 PM
I was under the impression you wanted a utility ATV.

Hold on tight with that *****, there monsters.

i was then i seen this one and was like **** it i play more than i use it for a utility lol so i got this one pick it up and the trailer on mon :thumbsup

i was watching on youtube it beat a raptor like 3 out of 5 times unless the guy on the raptor dont know how to drive it

70 cutlass 442
06-07-2008, 08:56 PM
well lucky for you when your ready to step up to a polaris, we do take trades :thumbsup Just had to give you some chit, youll have to get pics up when you pick it up!

Breecher_7
06-07-2008, 09:03 PM
well lucky for you when your ready to step up to a polaris, we do take trades :thumbsup Just had to give you some chit, youll have to get pics up when you pick it up!

step up to a polaris..... :rolleyes:

70 cutlass 442
06-07-2008, 09:37 PM
step up to a polaris..... :rolleyes:

well, i guess if you like to support the mexican economy then thats your perogative Amigo

DynoTom
06-07-2008, 09:44 PM
i was watching on youtube it beat a raptor like 3 out of 5 times unless the guy on the raptor dont know how to drive it

I gotta Raptor 700 and would love to run ya !

Just for kicks !

slow90z
06-07-2008, 10:29 PM

Just for kicks !

the video was a 660 raptor, it looked like they were on gravel, but the can am still does haul some ass. its just when you turn that you run into issues

Ricky Bobby
06-07-2008, 11:35 PM
oh i will i think it looks cool diff then the other brands

Just for kicks !id be down after the break in period

the video was a 660 raptor, it looked like they were on gravel, but the can am still does haul some ass. its just when you turn that you run into issues
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6F5hN2-MeU&feature=related
it says in the title 700
im from the SS who the **** turns :rolf

Breecher_7
06-08-2008, 05:15 AM
well, i guess if you like to support the mexican economy then thats your perogative Amigo

Uh, you realize Can Am is located right in sturtevant Wisconsin right? :thumbsup Ive argued this with you before....

Taetsch Z-24
06-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Both of mine are made in Japan, and love it.

the older one is a old Foreman, ya know, the striate 1986 axle one.
newer one is a 450R

Chris

70challenger
06-08-2008, 11:33 PM
honestly as much as a polaris guy as i am, nothing compares to the outlander/renegade 800 for 4x4's. it took me till top of third gear to come past one on my stock predator. they also kicked a$$ in the mudd drags at the red light rally in hurley last year. but i also did see two differant polaris' pulling back tow different outlanders after leaving there.
anyone ridden the new cat 1000 yet?