PDA

View Full Version : Clear bra. Whos got it?

HP ADDICT
06-02-2008, 03:28 PM
How much did it cost. Is it visible? I am getting a new car soon and may consider this. Where is the best place to go for it?

lasttimearound
06-02-2008, 04:02 PM
last time i was in vegas a chick had one, pretty cool, but the plastic cup part was would kind of drag across your skin which would hurt.

Car Guy
06-02-2008, 04:24 PM
last time i was in vegas a chick had one, pretty cool, but the plastic cup part was would kind of drag across your skin which would hurt.

Very nice ^^^, didn't catch that one at first.....:rolf

Back on subject, I didn't even know that clear AUTOMOBILE bras were available...???

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

kornholio788
06-02-2008, 04:26 PM

I came here to post something like this haha. Nice!!!:D:rolf

05caddyext
06-02-2008, 04:40 PM
I gotta believe these things dont work very well. You ever had a regular bra on a car? Look underneath it sometime. They trap all kinds of crap in there, dirt, leafs, those helicopter jobs that are everywhere right now. Now picture all that crap, but in see through form. Doesn't seem like the next great invention, unless you constantly take if off and on to keep the car clean under it.

0TransAm0
06-02-2008, 04:41 PM
the clear ones are like stickers nothing can get underneath it.. it just protects the paint from chipping and such...

johnny--2k
06-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Clear Bra is amazing. A friend had it on his past car and it works wonders. If it is installed PROPERLY, you can hardly notice it. Depending on the color of the car, you may see a line on the hood/fenders where it ends, esp if you wax the car and do a poor job cleaning at that edge. In terms of installers, there are two that I would trust to do a professional/clean job. One is BlackOut, call up Scott, and the other is SID, the pinstripe guy. he has an installer somewhere in Brookfield, who did my friends car, and it was a great job.

It's not cheap though. plan on spending about $600-800 to do an entire front end, bumper, hood, fenders, mirror caps, and if your nice, he might throw in the door edges. Pricing really depends on how detailed the vehicle is (body lines) and if there is a kit available in pre-cut form or if it's custom. 99% of vehicles are available, and the kits are laser cut, so they are very precise in terms of corners, curves, etc...

Good luck, and let me know if you need anything else.

EDIT: Ironically enough, it was on an 06 WRB STi......I may have pics if you want to see them, I'd have to check though.

xxsn0blindxx
06-02-2008, 04:50 PM
There are a few guys at my work who have them and are OCD about their vehicle condition. From what I can tell and what I have heard, they prevent paint chips like they are supposed to. From a few feet away you can't tell they are installed, but when you get closer you can see the line where the bra ends. If you look at an angle you can see the slight texture difference off the bra versus paint. It isn't super obvious and definitely better than having paint chips. Aside from that there really aren't any downsides to them as long as they are installed properly(they usually have warranties if professionally installed). Whenever I get a new car I will definitely be getting a clear bra put on.

swift steve
06-02-2008, 05:44 PM
zinovi motorcars can do a 3M clear bra....dont know what he charges to do one though.

HP ADDICT
06-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Clear Bra is amazing. A friend had it on his past car and it works wonders. If it is installed PROPERLY, you can hardly notice it. Depending on the color of the car, you may see a line on the hood/fenders where it ends, esp if you wax the car and do a poor job cleaning at that edge. In terms of installers, there are two that I would trust to do a professional/clean job. One is BlackOut, call up Scott, and the other is SID, the pinstripe guy. he has an installer somewhere in Brookfield, who did my friends car, and it was a great job.

It's not cheap though. plan on spending about $600-800 to do an entire front end, bumper, hood, fenders, mirror caps, and if your nice, he might throw in the door edges. Pricing really depends on how detailed the vehicle is (body lines) and if there is a kit available in pre-cut form or if it's custom. 99% of vehicles are available, and the kits are laser cut, so they are very precise in terms of corners, curves, etc...

Good luck, and let me know if you need anything else.

EDIT: Ironically enough, it was on an 06 WRB STi......I may have pics if you want to see them, I'd have to check though.

I think you had a pic of that car up before and you couldn't tell it was even on. The bra would be going on a graphite 135i.

H8RADE
06-02-2008, 06:10 PM
The bra would be going on a graphite 135i.

Absolutely choice ride.
Looking at the 335i myself.

johnny--2k
06-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Yes, Thats the car....

You can barely see the line on the bottom edge of the hood in this pic, and the slight "orange peel" effect in the bumper....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/johnny--2k/Me%20Mike%20Tony/IMG_3755.jpg

swift steve
06-02-2008, 07:47 PM
I think you had a pic of that car up before and you couldn't tell it was even on. The bra would be going on a graphite 135i.

i would definitely call zinovi motorcars, he does a lot of BMW, Mercedes, etc etc work, he personally has 2 extremely ballin 2000 BMW M Coupes!!

HP ADDICT
06-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Thanks for all the advice. Now if only the car would get here.

swift steve
06-03-2008, 03:19 PM
talked to bill at zinovi motorcars, said it would be in the $800-900 range, he would have to call for the exact price though.

Syclone0044
06-03-2008, 03:47 PM
The "orange peel" protectant on that blue WRX looks just like a product called "Marr Guard" I used to put on my winter skis to protect the surface from getting all galled up by your ski poles. Is it essentially a thick plastic sticker, kind of like what you get on the screen of a new phone or electronic device?