PDA

View Full Version : Bought a New and FIRST Toy

SlowStee
06-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Springfield XD .45ACP Tactical

Just picked it up today. Got an awesome deal and I'm pretty excited to own my first Handgun! :thumbsup

BIG thumbs up to Badger guns and Ammo:headbang.

lit666
06-02-2008, 03:26 PM
it looks like a gun.

73Dustr
06-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Good choice Julian. When we going shooting?

lasttimearound
06-02-2008, 04:41 PM
if you dont mind my asking, how much did that set you back?

HAMRHEAD
06-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Any reason you went with the Springfield instead of a Kimber or H&K? Not that there is anything wrong with springs, I love them I was just curious. Good choice on the .45 too!

Breecher_7
06-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Very nice....

STANMAN
06-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Any reason you went with the Springfield instead of a Kimber or H&K? Not that there is anything wrong with springs, I love them I was just curious. Good choice on the .45 too!

Price would be my guess. Does Kimber even make anything in the non-1911 field? I mean the 1911 grip is radically different than the other guns mentioned, and you either LOVE it (me), or HATE it (other people who don't know that John Browning was the only person in the world who should have ever designed a gun:rolf)(Besides Gaston Glock that is)(that was just for you Breecher:rolf)

Reverend Cooper
06-02-2008, 07:16 PM
chicks and gunz are hott thats why my wife has here own also

Breecher_7
06-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Price would be my guess. Does Kimber even make anything in the non-1911 field? I mean the 1911 grip is radically different than the other guns mentioned, and you either LOVE it (me), or HATE it (other people who don't know that John Browning was the only person in the world who should have ever designed a gun:rolf)(Besides Gaston Glock that is)(that was just for you Breecher:rolf)

:stare

STANMAN
06-02-2008, 08:29 PM
:stare

U Heart teh Glock:thumbsup:rolf

Breecher_7
06-02-2008, 08:47 PM
U Heart teh Glock:thumbsup:rolf

U heart the Cock...... :loser

STANMAN
06-02-2008, 08:49 PM
U heart the Cock...... :loser

I do eat alot of chicken, I don't know if it's rooster or hen though.:rolf

Breecher_7
06-02-2008, 09:02 PM
I do eat alot of chicken, I don't know if it's rooster or hen though.:rolf

:rolf

SlowStee
06-02-2008, 11:19 PM

The XD is like half the price of a Kimber or H&K.

MurphysLaw88GT
06-02-2008, 11:35 PM
and it will work all day every day

WickedSix
06-02-2008, 11:53 PM
Good looking gun :thumbsup even better target :rolf :rolf

SlowStee
06-03-2008, 10:24 AM
if you dont mind my asking, how much did that set you back?

The XD comes with Case, Gun Holster, Clip holster and a few other goodies.

All for about $600

SlowStee
06-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Good choice Julian. When we going shooting?

and WHENEVER you ready son :headbang

93RedDevilZ28
06-03-2008, 05:02 PM
Springfield XD .45ACP Tactical

Just picked it up today. Got an awesome deal and I'm pretty excited to own my first Handgun! :thumbsup

BIG thumbs up to Badger guns and Ammo:headbang.

A mighty fine lookin weapon.

Breecher_7
06-03-2008, 05:37 PM
The XD comes with Case, Gun Holster, Clip holster and a few other goodies.

All for about $600

Next time your in the market, hit me up. I could have gotten you a smokin deal on that gun. I paid $500 for mine, exact same package. To bad you cant return firearms.

Rocket Power
06-03-2008, 05:46 PM
You can.... for a restocking fee of 60% since now it's considered used :rolf

HITMAN
06-03-2008, 09:46 PM
IMO, Glocks are hugely over-rated. What a shitty trigger. I'd sooner shoot a Jennings.

STANMAN
06-03-2008, 09:52 PM
IMO, Glocks are hugely over-rated. What a shitty trigger. I'd sooner shoot a Jennings.

the 15lb NY trigger FTL. The 3lb competition trigger FTW. And in a gunfight, or defending your family, would you rather be shooting a Jennings or a Glock?:rolf

1siksrt
06-05-2008, 12:14 AM
I heard bob likes to play with guns:D Joel was looking at buying one after our up north outing... SHit from the sounds of it we should have came by your place and tested a bunch out:rolf

SlowStee
06-05-2008, 01:08 AM
the 15lb NY trigger FTL. The 3lb competition trigger FTW. And in a gunfight, or defending your family, would you rather be shooting a Jennings or a Glock?:rolf

I have read nothing but good things about XDs. Never personally experienced any kind of jam, having shooting only 100 rounds through an XD thus far.

I couldnt see the XD failing, I have NO regrets with my purchase.

HITMAN
06-05-2008, 01:45 AM

Neither, I'd rather be using a Benelli M2 or that new super-zoot Beretta Xtrema. Hell, I'd even take an old-school Remington 870 over almost any hand guns. Pretty hard to beat a scatter gun for CQB. Which would you rather face, a nervous criminal with a .45 or a pissed off home-owner with a portable, semi-auto Claymore mine?

STANMAN
06-05-2008, 02:31 PM
I have read nothing but good things about XDs. Never personally experienced any kind of jam, having shooting only 100 rounds through an XD thus far.

I couldnt see the XD failing, I have NO regrets with my purchase.

Springfields are nice, I was talking about Glock triggers in my post. You won't find problems with the XD line. As I have stated before, the only "problem" I have with Springfield is when they bought the XD line from HS (who marketed the gun as the HS2000), they doubled the price. A brand new HS2000 was $250, and THE best buy in handguns at the time.

STANMAN
06-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Neither, I'd rather be using a Benelli M2 or that new super-zoot Baretta Xtrema. Hell, I'd even take an old-school Remington 870 over almost any hand guns. Pretty hard to beat a scatter gun for CQB. Which would you rather face, a nervous criminal with a .45 or a pissed off home-owner with a portable, semi-auto Claymore mine?

And yeah, those who have been to el casa de STANMAN know I like my tactical shottys, there's an 870 behind my bedroom door:rolf

USMARINE1108
06-05-2008, 05:54 PM
As I have stated before, the only "problem" I have with Springfield is when they bought the XD line from HS (who marketed the gun as the HS2000), they doubled the price. A brand new HS2000 was $250, and THE best buy in handguns at the time.

They also added the lifetime warranty, I believe. Springfield Armory has an awesome customer service reputation also.

STANMAN
06-05-2008, 07:43 PM
They also added the lifetime warranty, I believe. Springfield Armory has an awesome customer service reputation also.

The HS2000 also had (and Springfield is honoring it by contract:thumbsup) a lifetime warrenty. What Springfield did add was other calibers, and other variations (tactical and compact), when it was the HS2000, it was only offered in 9mm, standard size. Then again, it was only the HS2000 for about 4 months before Springfield decided to get into the plastic fantastic game. Great gun though, just wish the price would have stayed the same:rolf

Rocket Power
06-05-2008, 09:56 PM
I remember seeing the HS2000 in the gun mags back in the day. Springfield should be kicking some money to this site with all the free press they're getting:rolf

USMARINE1108
06-05-2008, 11:11 PM
The HS2000 also had (and Springfield is honoring it by contract:thumbsup) a lifetime warrenty. What Springfield did add was other calibers, and other variations (tactical and compact), when it was the HS2000, it was only offered in 9mm, standard size. Then again, it was only the HS2000 for about 4 months before Springfield decided to get into the plastic fantastic game. Great gun though, just wish the price would have stayed the same:rolf

Huh. I didn't know that.

HITMAN
06-06-2008, 12:39 AM
Springfields are nice, I was talking about Glock triggers in my post. You won't find problems with the XD line. As I have stated before, the only "problem" I have with Springfield is when they bought the XD line from HS (who marketed the gun as the HS2000), they doubled the price. A brand new HS2000 was $250, and THE best buy in handguns at the time.

I have a hard time believing anything designed and built by the same thugs that brought the world the "Yugo" could've built a gun as good as you guys are making it out to be. I may have to shoot one to see if I like it. I have difficulty believing anything with a trigger safety has a decent feel to it. :puke

USMARINE1108
06-06-2008, 07:12 AM
I have a hard time believing anything designed and built by the same thugs that brought the world the "Yugo" could've built a gun as good as you guys are making it out to be. I may have to shoot one to see if I like it. I have difficulty believing anything with a trigger safety has a decent feel to it. :puke

What Yugo are you talking about? The car? :stare

I love my XD, but to tell you the truth, if you ask me, nothing beats a 1911. My Sig (with houge grip) also feels better in my hands then the XD. I put the XD in the same class as Glock, and I think the XD is head and shoulders above the Glock. XD vs 1911 is apples to oranges. The end of all pistols it is not, but very nice and worth owning in my opinion.

STANMAN
06-06-2008, 02:45 PM

I love my XD, but to tell you the truth, if you ask me, nothing beats a 1911. My Sig (with houge grip) also feels better in my hands then the XD. I put the XD in the same class as Glock, and I think the XD is head and shoulders above the Glock. XD vs 1911 is apples to oranges. The end of all pistols it is not, but very nice and worth owning in my opinion.

Another non lover of Gaston Glocks masterpiece. Not alot of Glock lovers on here. I like how everyone loves the 1911, which can be the most finicky gun ever, but will shite on a Glock, which will take anything you can throw at it and never fail. When push comes to shove, and I had my life on the line, I would want a Glock in my holster over a 1911, and I LOVE my 1911's! I have never had a Glock jam on me. Ever. And I shoot more in a summer than most people will in their whole lifetime. I have alot of time behind the triggers of lots of 1911's as well, and I will admit, with the correct lubrication and a good quality mag (read Wilson Combat) 1911's can be reliable. I just wouldn't want one in my hand in one of those "life or death" situations where limp wristing or perhaps dropping it on the ground and a piece of dirt could get in the action and cause a stovepipe. Then again, I wouldn't want what the military uses now either which would be the M9, or to us civies, the Beretta 92:rolf

USMARINE1108
06-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Another non lover of Gaston Glocks masterpiece. Not alot of Glock lovers on here. I like how everyone loves the 1911, which can be the most finicky gun ever, but will shite on a Glock, which will take anything you can throw at it and never fail. When push comes to shove, and I had my life on the line, I would want a Glock in my holster over a 1911, and I LOVE my 1911's! I have never had a Glock jam on me. Ever. And I shoot more in a summer than most people will in their whole lifetime. I have alot of time behind the triggers of lots of 1911's as well, and I will admit, with the correct lubrication and a good quality mag (read Wilson Combat) 1911's can be reliable. I just wouldn't want one in my hand in one of those "life or death" situations where limp wristing or perhaps dropping it on the ground and a piece of dirt could get in the action and cause a stovepipe. Then again, I wouldn't want what the military uses now either which would be the M9, or to us civies, the Beretta 92:rolf

Hey hey hey, I never said I am a glock hater!

I will however go on record as being a M9 hater.

STANMAN
06-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Hey hey hey, I never said I am a glock hater!

I will however go on record as being a M9 hater.

The M9 is actually a decent gun for what it is, something to plink with or just shoot to have fun with. And I guess with the good ammo they have now, I would carry a 9mm for self defense even. But yeah, the M9 leaves a lot to be desired as a combat arm, and even for self defense it's marginal.

73Dustr
06-06-2008, 05:54 PM

You're right; you can't compare an XD to a 1911. I absolutely love my XD. I'm not really a huge fan of the Glock. I also agree a mean shotty is hard to contend with.

Hitman, I was pretty skeptical with the trigger safety on the XD as well. It did take a short time to get used to it because you need to know when the safety breaks and when the trigger breaks. Not really difficult, just something different. Like any other gun; once you're used to shooting it, it's awesome.

Eventually, I'd love to fork out some cash for a nice Kimber. Those guns are sick.:drool:

USMARINE1108
06-06-2008, 06:05 PM
The M9 is actually a decent gun for what it is, something to plink with or just shoot to have fun with. And I guess with the good ammo they have now, I would carry a 9mm for self defense even. But yeah, the M9 leaves a lot to be desired as a combat arm, and even for self defense it's marginal.

I can't stand the way the M9 feels in my hand, the way it breaks down (to clean), the sights or the trigger. I don't want to get into a 9mm vs .45 debate (that's a whole other thread :rolf ), but I would rather have the .45. I do own a pistol in 9mm, and it is great, I just prefer .45. A M9 will never be in my collection.

USMARINE1108
06-06-2008, 06:18 PM

http://theprepared.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90&Itemid=40

:shades

STANMAN
06-06-2008, 07:44 PM
I can't stand the way the M9 feels in my hand, the way it breaks down (to clean), the sights or the trigger. I don't want to get into a 9mm vs .45 debate (that's a whole other thread :rolf ), but I would rather have the .45. I do own a pistol in 9mm, and it is great, I just prefer .45. A M9 will never be in my collection.

There are quiet a few 92's in my collection, but then again, there's quiet a few of ALOT of stuff in my collection:rolf And yeah, I will take the .45 over the 9mm any day. Unless I am just plinking, then give me the discounted trigger time that a 9mm provides, or better yet, a .22 conversion kit for a 1911:headbang

STANMAN
06-06-2008, 07:46 PM
http://theprepared.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90&Itemid=40

:shades

Yeah, there's quiet a few tests like that on the net it seems, I mean that's some crazy stuff for a gun to go through and still function. Must be nice to be able to treat a firearm like that and just be like "meh, if it blows or I break it, who cares!" Even if it is just "the original Combat Tupperware" :rolf

USMARINE1108
06-06-2008, 09:06 PM
There are quiet a few 92's in my collection, but then again, there's quiet a few of ALOT of stuff in my collection:rolf And yeah, I will take the .45 over the 9mm any day. Unless I am just plinking, then give me the discounted trigger time that a 9mm provides, or better yet, a .22 conversion kit for a 1911:headbang

I've wanted a .22lr conversion for 1911's for awhile now, but I know that I'd end up with a new complete frame too! :durr A 1911 in .38 could be fun too. So would a 10mm 1911. It just never ends.