PDA

View Full Version : To the BCM Family

Waver
06-02-2008, 01:25 PM
I feel that I should give you all an update on my health status.. Some of you might remember that I was diagnosed with a rare genetic deasease called familliapollup somthing or another....in laymens terms they found over 1500 pollups (small tumers) in my colin. They did a biopsie on some of them and they all trurned negative for cancer. If left untreated (aka not having the colin removed) this could lead to colin cancer, which from what I understand is almost a death sentence. Well anyhow I had a lot of tests done, and that is the last that I said anything about it on here...

Time to bring everyone up to speed.....
I had to wait till my whole family (total of 6 people across the country) had colinoscopys done..well they finally had them and I scheduled the appointment to meet with the surgeon for today. Thank god I did because on Tuesday I ran into some complications. A part of the condition is that you become Anemic, and you will bleed sporratically internally. Unfortunately the bleeding didn't stop this time and I ended up being rushed to the hospital on Tuesday, having half of the blood that a healthy person has. I was released Thursday after having received 2 units of blood (healthy people have 14 units or so, I had 7....9 is the normal amount for someone with my condition). At the hospital I was told that there was nothing that they could really do for me to stop the bleeding and that I will need to keep getting blood transfusions till the surgery (which I will find out today, and the sooner the better)...I spent the weekend with my family and loved ones (my sister got married) and for the most part I am doing o.k., a little tired and weak, but at the same time o.k. I am still bleeding, but that is something that I am going to have to deal with....

I want to thank all of those who have expressed concern for me and have been there for me...It means a lot to me right now. I will post up when the surgery is, so you guys know....Once again thanks for the prayers and the well wishes. My family and I appreciate it.

Smokey1226
06-02-2008, 01:30 PM
wow, i had no idea of all of this! Could be because im rather new compared to most but DAMN, good luck and always keep your head up. Glad you are taking care of it now and not waiting. As i too, have heard colin cancer is tough to beat.

Holeshot
06-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Prayers are with ya man. If I can help in any way send a pm and Ill do my best.

nismodave
06-02-2008, 01:34 PM
We all are behind you man!!!

Let us know if you need anything!!

WhatsADSM
06-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Good thing you started the process when you did!

Good luck with everything, and as mentioned before keep your head up!

lit666
06-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Get well soon Nick.

6forwardgears
06-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Get well soon, Nick :)

johnny--2k
06-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Damn, good luck man.

My mom was diagnosed with Colon Cancer a month after my little brother was born (he just turned 5). She was 46 when she got it, March of 03. Went in for surgery in April, just after her 46th b-day, they removed the cancerous part of her colon, and after she got out of the hospital, she was back to work (Doctor) part time, while doing Radiation/Chemo. As of now, she is 5 years cancer free. Colon cancer can be life threatening if not caught in time, but if they catch it early enough, it's fairly easy to survive. I work with a guy who has had it twice, along with liver cancer 3 times.

Best of luck though man, prayers are with you and your family!

FASTZ2895
06-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Didn't know you had any medical issue's...Keep doing the medical treatment but also add GOD into your Life. Because he can help!

I'll pray for you:)

Flicktitty
06-02-2008, 01:56 PM
We all are behind you man!!!

Let us know if you need anything!!

Exactly what Dave said! if there is anything you need let me know bud!

You'll be fine just be strong. :thumbsup

juicedimpss
06-02-2008, 01:56 PM
hang in there nick.

SmokinRAM114
06-02-2008, 01:57 PM
get well soon man

GRAMPS SS
06-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Prayers with you Nick...you hang in there....

xxtremeteam
06-02-2008, 03:03 PM
as i have said many times nick we are here to help if you need it, it sucks you have to go through this but stay with the treatment in the end it will be worth it see you saturday

Ricky Bobby
06-02-2008, 03:12 PM
good luck with ya

michelle
06-02-2008, 03:23 PM
I wish you the best of luck with this Nick. Keep us all updated when you can.

03CVLX
06-02-2008, 03:32 PM
As everyone else has said, Get well soon and if you need anything let me know. Prayers are with you and your family.

Prince Valiant
06-02-2008, 04:03 PM
ouch...it's the bleeding that causes the anemia since you are loosing blood, but aren't able to take in enough iron to replace the iron lost by bleeding. Very touchy since you had low blood volume, AND the blood you had was a poor carrier of Oxygen due to the presences of the anemia from previous bleeds. Your Heart had to work extremely hard...you are lucky it worked out how it did in your case.

The good thing is that it sounds like your condition is treatable, plus you'll likely continue to get regular colon screening to head off anything before it becomes a problem.

Sucks that you'll have to get regular colonoscopies though....HIYO! :goof

b4mytm
06-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Get better soon Nick.I'll keep you in my prayers.

STANMAN
06-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Get well soon buddy. What type of blood are you, perhaps we could have a couple of BCMers give blood to a GREAT cause!

Cutlass Queen
06-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Get better soon Nick! I had no idea this was going on. I'm just a phone call away if you need anything...btw I'll donate some blood to you if we have the same type :thumbsup

ProjectCamaro
06-02-2008, 05:04 PM
You will be in my prayers!

ProjectCamaro
06-02-2008, 05:05 PM
I'll donate some blood to you if we have the same type :thumbsup

Ditto, what blood type are you and where could we donate to make sure you get it?

Yooformula
06-02-2008, 05:12 PM
omg sorry to hear all of that Nick. what type of blood do you need? maybe we can get some people here to donate blood for ya.

Flicktitty
06-02-2008, 05:22 PM
omg sorry to hear all of that Nick. what type of blood do you need? maybe we can get some people here to donate blood for ya.

:thumbsup Troof. i'm willing to help

Heat Seeker WS6
06-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Nick buddy we're all behind you 110%. :headbang:headbang:headbang

Anything you need let me know :thumbsup

lit666
06-02-2008, 06:42 PM
I've only donated sperm, never blood before. How does one do this and I will help ya out Nick. :thumbsup

Reverend Cooper
06-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Nick if you need anything you have my number

Mudd Runner
06-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Hope everything goes well you know how to get ahold of me if you need anything.

fly5150
06-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with you Nick

Breecher_7
06-02-2008, 08:31 PM
I feel that I should give you all an update on my health status.. Some of you might remember that I was diagnosed with a rare genetic deasease called familliapollup somthing or another....in laymens terms they found over 1500 pollups (small tumers) in my colin. They did a biopsie on some of them and they all trurned negative for cancer. If left untreated (aka not having the colin removed) this could lead to colin cancer, which from what I understand is almost a death sentence. Well anyhow I had a lot of tests done, and that is the last that I said anything about it on here...

Time to bring everyone up to speed.....
I had to wait till my whole family (total of 6 people across the country) had colinoscopys done..well they finally had them and I scheduled the appointment to meet with the surgeon for today. Thank god I did because on Tuesday I ran into some complications. A part of the condition is that you become Anemic, and you will bleed sporratically internally. Unfortunately the bleeding didn't stop this time and I ended up being rushed to the hospital on Tuesday, having half of the blood that a healthy person has. I was released Thursday after having received 2 units of blood (healthy people have 14 units or so, I had 7....9 is the normal amount for someone with my condition). At the hospital I was told that there was nothing that they could really do for me to stop the bleeding and that I will need to keep getting blood transfusions till the surgery (which I will find out today, and the sooner the better)...I spent the weekend with my family and loved ones (my sister got married) and for the most part I am doing o.k., a little tired and weak, but at the same time o.k. I am still bleeding, but that is something that I am going to have to deal with....

I want to thank all of those who have expressed concern for me and have been there for me...It means a lot to me right now. I will post up when the surgery is, so you guys know....Once again thanks for the prayers and the well wishes. My family and I appreciate it.

I have a very similair problem ,I was hospitalized twice late last year and earlier this year for issues like this. You are not alone.

Heat Seeker WS6
06-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Well look at the bright side guys- if you both had optisparks in you, you'd both be screwed. Get well :thumbsup

Brandon W.
06-02-2008, 09:41 PM
were all here for ya :) get well soon buddy

badass88gt
06-03-2008, 06:00 AM
Get well soon Nick.

Waver
06-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Thanks you guys, it does mean a lot to me knowing that you are there..

The surgury will be in two weeks, when I wont know till tomarrow. From what I was told I will be in the hospital for no more than a week, at home for about a month or so, and then I will go in for another surgury to complete the process so that I dont have to have the colostomy bag attached to me......The doctor who is doing the operation is very well trained, being the first doctor in wisconsin to specialize in this.

As far as blood goes, I am A+, however even if you are not the same type as me or the universal blood type I would still recommend donating blood, because there are a lot of people out there who could use it as well...

I will keep you all updated as well as see many of you in the next few weeks..........once again, thank you all

Beagle
06-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Get well soon Nick.

FASTZ2895
06-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Thanks you guys, it does mean a lot to me knowing that you are there..

The surgury will be in two weeks, when I wont know till tomarrow. From what I was told I will be in the hospital for no more than a week, at home for about a month or so, and then I will go in for another surgury to complete the process so that I dont have to have the colostomy bag attached to me......The doctor who is doing the operation is very well trained, being the first doctor in wisconsin to specialize in this.

As far as blood goes, I am A+, however even if you are not the same type as me or the universal blood type I would still recommend donating blood, because there are a lot of people out there who could use it as well...

I will keep you all updated as well as see many of you in the next few weeks..........once again, thank you all

Hey I have the same blood type...But you 1% of Black blood make you a brother:rolf So how much blood you want me to give:headbang How 2 qts that will make you my blood brother. You will be part of the Jackson 5:rolf

FASTZ2895
06-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Hey I have the same blood type...But you 1% of Black blood make you a brother:rolf So how much blood you want me to give:headbang How 2 qts that will make you my blood brother. You will be part of the Jackson 5:rolf

scottie K
06-03-2008, 08:16 PM
I'll say a prayer nick..

lost a few family members do to cancer... need anything give a shout out homie!!

FASTZ2895
06-04-2008, 10:29 AM

So Neuwave are you ready to become my brother:rolf

srt4eh
06-04-2008, 11:25 AM
wow - my prayers go out to you and your family. I hope all goes well for you. Get well soon!

Waver
06-04-2008, 12:28 PM
So Neuwave are you ready to become my brother:rolf
Sure thing, but does that mean I have to get rid of the stang and get an f body lol

Flicktitty
06-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Sure thing, but does that mean I have to get rid of the stang and get an f body lol

nah, you just have to spray the piss out of everything you own lol.

Waver
06-04-2008, 12:31 PM
nah, you just have to spray the piss out of everything you own lol.
there goes the plastic intake lol

Deggy
06-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Hope everything goes well.

I'm not a religious person so I won't say you are in my prayers, but you will be in my thoughts for sure.

Waver
06-05-2008, 10:26 AM
latest update....saturday the 14th I go in at 6:00 am..............not really looking forward to this.......

michelle
06-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Best of luck to you. You know we're all here for you if you need anything at all. Just call!

CobraSnake
06-05-2008, 10:58 AM
wow dude I had no clue you were going thru this. I know we only met that one time are gilly's but my thoughts are with you. Get better soon.

Mark

FASTZ2895
06-05-2008, 11:20 AM

No you can keep the stang...there always a black sheep in a family:rolf

Slow Joe
06-05-2008, 06:47 PM
latest update....saturday the 14th I go in at 6:00 am..............not really looking forward to this.......

I guess that means that you can't help us move this year :rolf

I had to say it man... Especially since we're moving the 14th... :goof

Dude, I hope you do get better, and all works out for you.

I don't pray much, but I'll definately say one for you. :thumbsup

If ya need anything just give a ring... Or if you decide you want to shoot the shit...

nismodave
06-05-2008, 07:22 PM

Be strong man, I know it wont be easy. Let us know where you are going to be held up. I will stop by.:thumbsup

Or steal your keys and do donuts outside your window.:rolf

GRAMPS SS
06-05-2008, 07:31 PM
hope all goes well nick...you know you can call anytime....and i'll be with dave....we'll beep so you'll know were there....but then again...you'll see a cloud of tire smoke....

be strong buddy....we'll come see ya...

TURTLE
06-05-2008, 07:38 PM
hey nick... just seeing this now... best of luck with the surgery, and if you need anything... just a call or text away... and i'll be 3rd in line to do some "recovery" burnouts in your car if needed ;)

Waver
06-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Lol you guys, I needed new tires any ways. I dont know what room in columbia st marys I will be in, but I am sure you can get that information from the front desk........

Joe, thias was my plan all along, just so I could get out of helping you move :) jk buddy....

Flicktitty
06-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Lol you guys, I needed new tires any ways. I dont know what room in columbia st marys I will be in, but I am sure you can get that information from the front desk........

Joe, thias was my plan all along, just so I could get out of helping you move :) jk buddy....

LOL, who do i ask for at the front office? Vanilla ice? :goof

Waver
06-06-2008, 10:47 AM
no fool, I dont want the hospital swarmed......you have to ask for rob vanwinkle

Flicktitty
06-06-2008, 10:54 AM
no fool, I dont want the hospital swarmed......you have to ask for rob vanwinkle

oh, i should have known lol.

once someone gets the info as to where you are they should post it or call me, i'll stop by.

TURTLE
06-06-2008, 07:42 PM
bcm phone chain?!?!?!?!?! lol

xxtremeteam
06-23-2008, 12:17 PM
OK BCM update on Nick

I got home late last night from my honeymoon to mexico and was going to see Nick at his house today so I sent a text message asking how he was doing and i got back this

"I'm at St.Marys ozaukee hospital I had a complication after i got home from the surgry"
so i asked what happen and Nick told me his intestines started to shut down the day after he got home from his first stay and surgry he has been there since last Wed. I am leaving shortly to go see him there Nick is in room 121 the number to the hospital is (262) 243-7300 and, I like I said before he is in room 121 I will try to give another update when i get back later this afternoon. I asked nick if he wanted this posted and he said yes he hadnt been to a computer

RanJer
06-23-2008, 12:18 PM
uh oh.... Hope everything turns out ok!!! Hang in there Nick!

LIZMO
06-23-2008, 12:59 PM
hope everything works out for him. best of luck. :)

03CVLX
06-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Hope everything goes ok. Keep us posted on news. I hope to be able to visit a little later this week my cold and cough are finally gone.

badass88gt
06-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Good luck Nick, hope you recover fully.

Cryptic
06-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Stay strong Nick.

xxtremeteam
06-23-2008, 05:07 PM
went and saw nick he is doing much better today and hopes to go home on wed. this week he was awake and very talkative today and very well spirited but seemed very bored

Waver
06-25-2008, 11:33 AM
Hey you all.....just letting you guys know that I should be going home today.......I am feeling quite a bit better and have a lot more energy than I did before....I hope to get out and about for a little bit this weekend, fresh air will do me good. I wil be around till about september and then it is back to the hospital for the final surgury.......other than that ..........life is good...

Heat Seeker WS6
06-25-2008, 11:43 AM
NICK! good to hear from ya buddy!

xxtremeteam
06-25-2008, 11:44 AM
cool i was just going to call you and see how you where and if you got to go home ill try ya later than

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
06-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Glad recovery is going well, stay strong

RanJer
06-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Glad to see things are looking up Nick! Let's just keep it this way!!

HRSEPLA
06-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Glad everything turned out okay in the end:)

Waver
06-25-2008, 05:02 PM
yeah so far so good. just taking things easy. I am going to do some minor things to the car, nothing major, and go to the EAA show....

I just want to thank everne for the prayors and well wishes, It really meant a lot to me.

DirtyMax
06-25-2008, 05:42 PM
Hey, good to see you back here on BCM. Get well soon! :thumbsup

TURTLE
06-25-2008, 06:23 PM
get well soon nick... and if ya need some help with the car... i bet there's a lot of people here that are more than willing to help if you're not quite recovered enough to do it yourself... or if you want people to drink beer and watch you do it... :goof

Holeshot
06-25-2008, 09:27 PM
Nick don't push to hard let your body recover before you start any heavy projects.
Glad your doing better.

Slow Joe
06-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Good to hear you're still alive and kickin... :rolf

Berettaspeed
06-27-2008, 07:09 PM
damn i also had no idea. then again i have not been online or driving around like i used to. I hope you continue to get better which im sure you will. :)