PDA

View Full Version : Member of the car community in need of some help

b4mytm
05-30-2008, 09:23 PM
I asked Yoosof if I could post this here.

The following letter has to do with the Granddaughter of Joe Konkel,who many of you may know as the Santa looking guy that runs the World of Wheels show here in Milwaukee and also owns House of Toys in Muskego.

Please take the time to read and I ask you to please do whatever you can,and atleast keep her in your prayers.
Thanks,
Becky

--------------------

Brittany is 14, she is a very strong and courageous young girl who has a very loving family, Mom (Shelly), Dad (Randy), and her younger sister, (Ali).

Brittany was first diagnosed with cancer when she was 4. Brittany, with the love and support of her family fought the cancer and won. Brittany and her family didn't know at the time that her fight wasn't over.
It seemed her cancer quickly returned again at age 9 and still once more with her courage and the love and support she won the battle.

What was facing them in November of 2006 nobody was ready for Brittany's cancer returned again. Her life once again became doctors, medicine, masks, hospitals, and with all the advanced treatments of today Brittany even found herself many miles and many states away from home and this time her whole family couldn't be there with her.

It saddens me to say that Brittanys treatments are done, there is nothing left the doctors can do.
Brittany is a strong, courageous young girl and she has a loving family.

What we would like to do is give them the opportunity to be back together as a family again so they can enjoy each other with no hospitals and no doctors.
Our goal is to raise enough money to send them to Disney World with all expenses paid. If you are interested in helping us make this special time for the Cayemberg family happen you can send your donation payable to Ixonia State Bank and Mail To:

Ixonia State Bank
Cayemberg Family
PO Box 110
Ixonia WI 53036

Thank you for your consideration
Receipts available upon request

lordairgtar
05-31-2008, 12:07 AM
Thanks for posting this. I live not far from Joe and known him for years. I will write a check tomorrow. Any chance of a fund raiser? I would provide DJ services free if they do it on an open date. Maybe a car show. I will give it a mention Brittany's cause at my first cruise nite of the season this coming Thursday at Jetz in Muskego.

Smokey1226
05-31-2008, 12:13 AM
My old Landscapeing boss was great friends with Joe. He stops in at our station from time to time and i used to do all of the landscaping for his house/business's/and one of his family members. Very nice guy!!!

Car Guy
05-31-2008, 12:14 AM
Any chance of a fund raiser? I would provide DJ services free if they do it on an open date. Maybe a car show. I will give it a mention Brittany's cause at my first cruise nite of the season this coming Thursday at Jetz in Muskego.

A show with all of the proceeds going to the cause is a GREAT idea...!!! On top of an entry fee there could be raffles, auctions on donated items from local businesses, food, and so forth. If done right there would be easily enough $$$ to send her and her family first class.....:headbang

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

lordairgtar
05-31-2008, 12:16 AM
If anything it could go toward paying medical bills too.

Car Guy
05-31-2008, 12:18 AM
If anything it could go toward paying medical bills too.

That too, whatever they choose to do with the $$$ is there choice really.....

I also forgot to mention that my wife worked for Joe at the House of Toys for a couple years, I'll have to mention something about this to her.....

Smokey1226
05-31-2008, 12:21 AM
Does she drive a green focus? I remember when we would cut the grass there, there was always a little focus in the way :mad: lol

I will admit though cleaning his gutters was a PITA.

I'm all for throwing a get together with all money going towards her fund! Sign me up buttercup

That too, whatever they choose to do with the $$$ is there choice really.....

I also forgot to mention that my wife worked for Joe at the House of Toys for a couple years, I'll have to mention something about this to her.....

lordairgtar
05-31-2008, 12:35 AM
I've got unopened model car kits I could donate as well.

Car Guy
05-31-2008, 12:40 AM
Does she drive a green focus? I remember when we would cut the grass there, there was always a little focus in the way :mad: lol

Nope, it was about 5 years ago when she worked there and she had a `91 Red 2-door Grand Am at the time.....

Mr Twigbert
05-31-2008, 12:51 AM
All this is a great idea but who is really gonna organize it? I doubt anyone will step forward..

Thus, KISS (Keep it simple stupid)

I vote we hit up a local place where we all have a reason to go to, like for food.. EVERYONE needs food.. Then just have a jar and toss in what ever you can afford.. I'm not rich but I have no problems tossing in $50-60.. I can't afford to go to Disney land w/ my own kids but neither of them have cancer at the age of 9 either.. Soooooo, I'll find the money some how, some way..

I suggest BBQuick.. Good food.. Nice parking lot w/ lots of spaces.. We go there, spend $10 on the Sampler (which $10 for all that BBQ is stupid cheap anyways) and what ever you have left over will go to this family.. Then ONE person can take the money and donate it to the family on behalf of BCM.. And give them a shirt or two (at least the little girl) to wear while shes @ Disney land..

lasttimearound
05-31-2008, 12:55 AM
im down for twigs idea... i mean a car show would be great, but with the time it takes and everything, why not just set something up for the bbquick, ive been meaning to go down there for while now.

Car Guy
05-31-2008, 12:58 AM
I can see your point but if it is 'organized' as a legit show/gathering it'll draw a lot more attention/people, and ultimately $$$ for the family. One person alone doesn't have to set it up, everybody could help out a little adding up to one great event.....

Don't get me wrong just having a simple gathering is fine but more people won't take it seriously and not make the effort to really attend. I could be totally wrong but with the number of members on here I don't see why every aspect couldn’t be covered or handled one way or another.....

Not to mention I know for a fact that people are less likely to just donate cold hard cash into a jar opposed to getting something in return. Like an entry into a car show, among other things like a chance at winning something via a raffle and so forth. That's just my two cents and how I see it, but I guarantee you people will attend something that's well organized when all the proceeds go directly to a family in need.....

2 bad z's
05-31-2008, 09:28 AM
lets start tomorrow
All this is a great idea but who is really gonna organize it? I doubt anyone will step forward..

I vote we hit up a local place where we all have a reason to go to, like for food.. EVERYONE needs food.. Then just have a jar and toss in what ever you can afford.. I'm not rich but I have no problems tossing in $50-60.. I can't afford to go to Disney land w/ my own kids but neither of them have cancer at the age of 9 either.. Soooooo, I'll find the money some how, some way..

I suggest BBQuick.. Good food.. Nice parking lot w/ lots of spaces.. We go there, spend $10 on the Sampler (which $10 for all that BBQ is stupid cheap anyways) and what ever you have left over will go to this family.. Then ONE person can take the money and donate it to the family on behalf of BCM.. And give them a shirt or two (at least the little girl) to wear while shes @ Disney land..

lordairgtar
05-31-2008, 09:42 AM
Another idea would be to copy the above letter and make some copies to hand out at car shows and cruise nights this week. I will make some for my Thursday nite show.

lordairgtar
06-02-2008, 05:16 PM
BCM forum disappeared for awhile. I made some copies of the original letter and handed them out to cruisers at Gus' Drive In in East Troy. Also, I brought this up at my car club meeting Sunday night and the club cut a check for $100.00 to send to the family.

b4mytm
06-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Thanks to those that responded so quickly .It is much appreciated.

GRAMPS SS
06-02-2008, 07:05 PM

GREAT IDEA SEANN lets talk with terry about this...i think he would got for it...:thumbsup

GRAMPS SS
06-02-2008, 07:07 PM
PICK a day when he has the LIVE bands playing....more people would be there then...i'm thinking.....he did say ....."what ever i can do for you guys" yesterday............plus we can get B93 that sponsors him to add it to the list of things to say during the day on the air....great idea...

b4mytm
06-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Let me know what you get figured out.
Thanks Wayne!

GRAMPS SS
06-08-2008, 10:11 AM
well this needs to be bumped up so we don't forget about it....have tallked with terrry and a few other key people...looks like with the ok from joe...which i hope becky can get we are going to have a fund raiser at BBQUIKS CAR CRUISE in the summer, when the live music starts up....still have some more ends to tighten up...but need joes ok to continue...

GRAMPS SS
06-09-2008, 06:49 PM
bump....maybe YOOSOF can make this a sticky till what ever we do is done....?????????

b4mytm
06-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Joe is all ok with whatever we do. I left you a message yesterday Wayne about it.

Smokey1226
06-09-2008, 08:39 PM
I just talked to Joe sunday about it as well, i let him know we have someone in the works and ill let him know when we get everything together.

He wanted me to let everyone know

Thank you for thinking of her, and anything we do is greatly appresiated

GRAMPS SS
06-09-2008, 09:56 PM
becky...pm sent

b4mytm
07-18-2008, 06:13 AM
car show Sunday
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29512

They made it to Florida last week.