PDA

View Full Version : ~ A/C Tune up & Service Tech ~

awsomeears
05-30-2008, 08:33 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/bradjancarik/CentralAir.gif

Starting June 16th I will be able to Devote most of my Free time on Air Conditioning Tune ups or service after my regular job :thumbsup

( As of now I can possibly squeeze in 1 or 2 no cooling calls just PM me )

Tune Ups

$75 for the general Milwaukee Area
$85 for Racine, Kenosha, Mequon and so on :thumbsup

Sick and tires of having a Tech at your house to preform a Tune up and there in and out in 25- 35 minutes and you have that thought " Boy that was Fast "

I'm not that kind of tech. I will average 1 hour to 1.5 and that's with paper work. Yes I will give you a carbon copy with the Amps, low, high pressure and my general opinion of the system.

I can work on all R-22 and 410a systems ( No cars )

Tune ups should be preformed every single year to keep the efficiency steady from whatever the Factory made it.

A/C service

$65 ( more if your farther away from me ) to drive out and diagnose the problem, and whatever the part may be will be extra. No different from any other company out there.

Lets keep the BS out of this thread because I'm offering my professional Service / Help when 95% of the company's out there need to brush up on there business skills :D so please stay on track :D

Please PM me with any questions

- Brad -

P.S. I do not work for BeeR :alcoholic

awsomeears
06-12-2008, 11:32 PM
Major warm up is near !!!

awsomeears
07-02-2008, 07:44 AM
It's going to get HOT I think lol, unreal summer so far !!!

I have stopped out at a few BCM members homes, so far everyone is dam Cool :)

CobraSnake
07-03-2008, 02:13 PM
do you accept credit card????

Mark

awsomeears
07-03-2008, 07:08 PM
do you accept credit card????

Mark

No sir're bob

CobraSnake
07-10-2008, 12:07 PM
No sir're bob

oh and justin told me that you have a paypal account so yes you do accept credit card.

Mark

awsomeears
07-10-2008, 09:49 PM
lol

He told me that so yea I guess I do !!!

CobraSnake
07-12-2008, 02:30 PM
lol

He told me that so yea I guess I do !!!

which means I might need to you come out and take a look at my AC. I don't know what the problem is but it just doesn't seem to be working properly.

Mark

wrath
07-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Say I were to buy a new AC unit, plunk it down, wire it up, and have it ready for someone such as yourself come along to put the refrigerant in and what not... how much?

Most of the houses I'm looking at have old (10+ years and little evidence of service) non-name brand units or don't have one. I'd rather replace it with a modern more efficient unit. I'm trying to get a ballpark number in my head of "added cost for purchasing a house in Wisconsin".

awsomeears
07-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Say I were to buy a new AC unit, plunk it down, wire it up, and have it ready for someone such as yourself come along to put the refrigerant in and what not... how much?

Most of the houses I'm looking at have old (10+ years and little evidence of service) non-name brand units or don't have one. I'd rather replace it with a modern more efficient unit. I'm trying to get a ballpark number in my head of "added cost for purchasing a house in Wisconsin".

Getting one and plunking it down is not as easy as you think unless your in the field and if you are then you wouldn't be asking me these questions :D to do it right you replace the condenser, coper lines and evap coil. If you do it any other way its the WRONG WAY AND ARE A HACK :rolf !!!!!!!!!!!

The only exception is on units that are fairly new ( new to 8ish years ) because the stuff will match up SEER wise, and well there was a Major Problem to cause the outside condenser to Blow up :thumbsup

I wouldn't WANT to even touch the system to be honest because if its not your direct skill you will mess it up, aka $$$

Check your PM's

wrath
07-19-2008, 09:17 AM
Getting one and plunking it down is not as easy as you think unless your in the field and if you are then you wouldn't be asking me these questions :D to do it right you replace the condenser, coper lines and evap coil. If you do it any other way its the WRONG WAY AND ARE A HACK :rolf !!!!!!!!!!!

The only exception is on units that are fairly new ( new to 8ish years ) because the stuff will match up SEER wise, and well there was a Major Problem to cause the outside condenser to Blow up :thumbsup

I wouldn't WANT to even touch the system to be honest because if its not your direct skill you will mess it up, aka $$$

Check your PM's

I am a hack, I never claimed to be otherwise. No offense but...

This is a skilled trade. Once you know the skills then you just need the equipment. It's not magic. What I do isn't magic either. If someone wants to learn it they can keep the lights on in the State of Cheese as well.

In a normal split AC system the condenser is in the cabinet with the compressor and dryer and all the other crap. Then you have copper tube. And my favorite friend: the evaporator. Last I checked the evaporator could be just about anything as long as you use the proper orifice size. Yeah, you often lose efficiency but as long as it's relatively modern it doesn't matter much.

If it's an antique R22 system then yes, I'd replace all the components with a fancy R410a system. I still don't intend to pay someone else to plunk it down on a slab, drill holes in the side of my house, hang tube, and torture my ductwork.

The difficult part of the whole thing is evacuating the system and charging it. Unless something magical has happened since last time I was involved it included a fancy vacuum pump, some gauges, regulators, and the refrigerant. Probably some dye and a UV light for leak chasing. That's what I'm willing to pay a skilled individual for.

On an unrelated note, are you ASE certified?

awsomeears
07-19-2008, 10:10 AM
I am a hack, I never claimed to be otherwise. No offense but...

This is a skilled trade. Once you know the skills then you just need the equipment. It's not magic. What I do isn't magic either. If someone wants to learn it they can keep the lights on in the State of Cheese as well.

In a normal split AC system the condenser is in the cabinet with the compressor and dryer and all the other crap. Then you have copper tube. And my favorite friend: the evaporator. Last I checked the evaporator could be just about anything as long as you use the proper orifice size. Yeah, you often lose efficiency but as long as it's relatively modern it doesn't matter much.

If it's an antique R22 system then yes, I'd replace all the components with a fancy R410a system. I still don't intend to pay someone else to plunk it down on a slab, drill holes in the side of my house, hang tube, and torture my ductwork.

The difficult part of the whole thing is evacuating the system and charging it. Unless something magical has happened since last time I was involved it included a fancy vacuum pump, some gauges, regulators, and the refrigerant. Probably some dye and a UV light for leak chasing. That's what I'm willing to pay a skilled individual for.

On an unrelated note, are you ASE certified?

Certified - Yes
Doctor to fix your Hackery - NO :banana1:

I do quality work !!!

:banana

wrath
07-19-2008, 10:21 AM
Certified - Yes
Doctor to fix your Hackery - NO :banana1:

I do quality work !!!

:banana

ASE certified = Automotive Service Excellence. It's what you should have to work on your own car. Are you certified to work on your own car or are you being a "hack" because you don't have the end-all be-all training and self-proclaimed grandness you seem to profess?

When you install an air conditioner do you bring out a mason to pour the slab, a carpenter to drill the holes, a pipefitter to solder the pipes, and a tinsmith to do the ductwork?

awsomeears
07-19-2008, 09:41 PM
I'll pass on your work, thank you for asking !!!

Lets keep my thread clean, I have helped a bunch of BCM members out here and they are happy.

PonyKiller87
07-19-2008, 10:35 PM
I had Brad over last week and he was able to take care of the A/C units for both the upper and lower of my duplex in one night. I though he did a great job, really thorough and he explained what he was doing while he was doing it. Well worth the money.

awsomeears
07-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Thanks goes out to BCM !!!

I have met about 10 or so people either from the boards or my # was passed along.

lilws6
07-30-2008, 10:36 PM
Quick question when you come out for the tune up do you also look for some problems that there could be and get an estimate?

awsomeears
07-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Quick question when you come out for the tune up do you also look for some problems that there could be and get an estimate?

Yes I do, if I do not spot them and you know of some by all means let me know. One thing I look at is the Whole system, I have yet to find another Num nuts like myself that does this.

The way I look at it is your Duct Work is there to stay, so lets work with what you got and go from there. 95% of the systems out there are undersized :stare:stare:stare:stare

So what I like to do is max out the potential of the system, if I find the system is so far off the Deep End its time to fix it :thumbsup

Check your Pm's