PDA

View Full Version : 1.9 Liter Saturn block??

lilws6
05-30-2008, 02:45 PM
I'm looking for a block for my 93 something not blown up. I'm looking to rebuild it any way so if its worn a bit thats ok. i really don't knwo what i'm looking for but i want somethign to replace what i have as i'm tired of burning oil and don't have a lot of time to have the car down. so i figured i'de build anouther block and just swap them way easier right? looking to be pretty cheap as i'm on a very low budget as of now with some stuff i got going on. So let me know if you know of somethign that may help me out. Thanks in advance

spindler27
05-30-2008, 02:48 PM
pm slo ls1

sloLs1
05-30-2008, 07:05 PM
i got a few blocks... but i bet alll you need to do is pull your pistons outs, clean the shit out of them put new rings in and you'll be good to go(as long as the block isnt scored) but they usually arent because they are buring oil <<<< because the oil control ring gets gummed up(so oil cant return through the piston.) its actually a really simple fix! or you could do it your way and build another motor to put in your car.... eitherway let me know what you want to do...

lilws6
05-31-2008, 04:36 PM
whatcha got low budget wise lol i just wana swap the essentials and have the motor going again

Prince Valiant
05-31-2008, 05:07 PM
I hear you can make a paper-mâché that does a reasonable job as a saturn 1.9 block :goof

sloLs1
06-02-2008, 06:06 PM
whatcha got low budget wise lol i just wana swap the essentials and have the motor going again

well see thats the thing... i would like to sell the complete motor. but if all you want is the short block i can keep the head. i have a complete motor out of a '95 which will bolt righ into your car it had a rod knock with only 77k miles on it. havent pulled it apart but i can pull the pan off if you decide on it. For the complete motor i'd want $200 for just the short block i'd take $75... let me know

lilws6
06-02-2008, 07:36 PM
for 200 i would take the whole thing all the sensors would be the same correct? wheres the best place to get pistons and rods for it? if you could take a look inside that would be awsome its not that hard replacing the pistons and rods right? the heads good? sorry bout all the ?'s i'm just trying to get this oil burning fixed i just stopped at walmart for 3 more quarts for the next 1500 miles lol

sloLs1
06-02-2008, 07:50 PM
for 200 i would take the whole thing all the sensors would be the same correct? wheres the best place to get pistons and rods for it? if you could take a look inside that would be awsome its not that hard replacing the pistons and rods right? the heads good? sorry bout all the ?'s i'm just trying to get this oil burning fixed i just stopped at walmart for 3 more quarts for the next 1500 miles lol

:rolf

all the sensors should be the same. the only one you might have to switch over is the oil sender. it bolts right in its just the connector that may be different. i always buy stuff from http://www.streetdesignauto.com/ i used their hypernectic pistons in all my rebuilds. They work great and are cheap! the head should be perfect. the only thing about this head is that in '95 the decided to switch to having 2 coolant temp sensors instead of one. its kinda a ***** to get the pan off considering its sitting on a tire. if and when you come to get it i will pull it off at that time.

lilws6
06-02-2008, 08:17 PM
oh aight so whats with the coolant sensors i just would only use one? i look into the work needed and funds i might just get the short block but i would like to get the complete package as thats how you would like to sell it

sloLs1
06-02-2008, 08:20 PM
oh aight so whats with the coolant sensors i just would only use one? i look into the work needed and funds i might just get the short block but i would like to get the complete package as thats how you would like to sell it

well i almost would kinda perfer to sell just the short block... and yes you'd just use one of the 2 sensors... leave the onther one in so nothing comes out! then i can keep the head for my '95:rolf

either way it doesnt matter to me!

sloLs1
06-02-2008, 08:21 PM

well i almost would kinda perfer to sell just the short block... then i can keep the head for my '95:rolf
and yes you'd just use one of the 2 sensors... leave the onther one in so nothing comes out!

either way it doesnt matter to me!

lilws6
06-04-2008, 05:18 PM
well i have to get tires mounted on the bike yet but i'll buy the short block then for 75 i'm justr not shure when i'll be able to cough it up maybe this weekend yet we'll see what the paycheck looks like

sloLs1
06-04-2008, 06:32 PM
well i have to get tires mounted on the bike yet but i'll buy the short block then for 75 i'm justr not shure when i'll be able to cough it up maybe this weekend yet we'll see what the paycheck looks like

alrighty sounds good to me...