PDA

View Full Version : True Street 86 Monte Carlo Body!

scaleracer
05-30-2008, 01:24 PM
Well anyone that goes to the Nitrous Street Car Brawl there is a guy with an 86 Monte Carlo that's white with the SS decals! Well here is my WIP body I'm going to paint tommorrow! I custom made a removable wing (his car doesn't have a wing that's why it's removable) and a cowl hood! Just posting to see what everyone thinks!
The real car! (Only pic I could find)
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh112/scaleracer15/TrueStreetMc.jpg

My Replica WIP!
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh112/scaleracer15/IMG_1509.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh112/scaleracer15/IMG_1511.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh112/scaleracer15/IMG_1513.jpg

SBC-Fox
05-30-2008, 01:37 PM
you should do the monte with all the lightning bolts down it from the nitrous brawls

scaleracer
05-30-2008, 01:49 PM
you should do the monte with all the lightning bolts down it from the nitrous brawls

yeah but that one is like an 83 or 84! Plus I have the decals for this project already! But it's a good idea I might pick up that year Monte Carlo and do one like it! I got an idea last night to do all of the True Street cars (or as many possible! And take pics of them at the line and group pics! But that's alot of time and money! I probably have around 3 hours in this body now! But it's my 3rd attempt at a wing and cowl hood so it took a little longer to get them just right!

SBC-Fox
05-30-2008, 02:01 PM
your pretty dam good at those i see you pt in serious time but they turn out smoke do Ambrosinis gremlin lol either way im sure this monte will turn out tight as hell nice work

scaleracer
05-30-2008, 02:34 PM
your pretty dam good at those i see you pt in serious time but they turn out smoke do Ambrosinis gremlin lol either way im sure this monte will turn out tight as hell nice work

Thanks! Yeah I do and I'm going to be doing many more soon! I will post pics of the finished body once i'm done! A guy that races with us has all AMC cars nothing else and he has a Orange Gremlin but it is like a Sunburst Orange with t-tops and he says it's suppossed to look like Ambrosinis (but it doesn't at all lol) they just reissued a gremlin kit so i was thinking about doing one up! And now he has a new car so maybe i'll do his new version! I have a Bob Hood Nova old version and Bob Hood is painting my new version of his car right now with a pro stock wing and scoop! Also will post pics of that once it's done!

xxtremeteam
05-30-2008, 02:42 PM
these are kinda cool what kind of money does it take to make one??? a gremlin would be cool but i think id like a 5.0 stang

scaleracer
05-30-2008, 02:56 PM
these are kinda cool what kind of money does it take to make one??? a gremlin would be cool but i think id like a 5.0 stang

Thanks! It all depends on how fast you want to go and how nice of a car you want! I have about 10 cars for sale now! I just finished a 5.0 Mustang Pro Stock body not long ago! Not sure if I posted it on here. I'll check and if I did I'll bump it up so you can see! Or I'll post a new one! We race every Tuesday during the winter at Lucky Bobs Raceway on 58th and Forest Home Ave. I will be up there tonight for awhile if you want to stop in! You can't see the drag track because he's redoing the basement this weekend! We still go up there Tuesday Nights if you want to stop up!

xxtremeteam
05-30-2008, 03:03 PM
i work tonight but whats a ball park price for a average car i may not even race it they just look badass

scaleracer
05-30-2008, 03:17 PM
i work tonight but whats a ball park price for a average car i may not even race it they just look badass
You can buy a starter car for about $60 but it's all cheap stuff and it has a lexan body (you can't get as detailed with them as plastics model bodies) but you will out grow that $60 quick! I could go on.. Your better off skipping that and spending the money to do it right! You'll be better off in the long run! I have cars from $125-$225! I have a good variety of cars to choose from also! All depends on what you want! I build my own chassis on a jig and i'm starting to do custom bodies for people! I posted the stang and i'm going to post a vid in the vid section of one or my old dragsters running!