PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Firearm Insight

73Dustr
05-30-2008, 12:26 PM
As many of you know, I am selling a Browning DU shotgun for a friend. I know the standard model MSRP is $979. This one is obviously much nicer than the standard Silver Hunter. My question to you is if your friend offered to sell it to you for $500, would you shoot it?

I know it's a 70th Edition DU gun, but talking to a lot of people, the DU guns really don't increase in value much more than the standard models. I have also read that some guys won't buy them because they don't want the DU stuff all over the gun. I was thinking for $500, it'd be dumb not to get it and use it for trap, goose, etc. What do you guys think?

Here's what it looks like: http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26555

DirtyMax
05-30-2008, 01:05 PM
You should take a pass.... so that I can buy it! :goof

Seriously though... I'd use it if I owned it.

UnderPSI
05-30-2008, 01:44 PM
I would shoot it. What good would it do anybody just sitting.

Rocket Power
05-30-2008, 05:43 PM
I would shoot it. What good would it do anybody just sitting.

What he said. No point in owning it if your not going to use it. Wallhanging is for guns that aren't safe.

STANMAN
05-30-2008, 05:44 PM
Unless they are the high end DU guns (highly engraved, ect), they don't add any real value to the gun, so go ahead and use it, that's what they are for!!

USMARINE1108
05-30-2008, 11:36 PM
I would treat it like I treat me C+R firearms. Shoot them, but go the extra mile to take care of them.

Breecher_7
05-31-2008, 07:03 AM
No purpose to own it if it doesnt get fired. They were not built to ornaments.

73Dustr
05-31-2008, 12:48 PM
I agree with all of you. I have never been the type to purchase a gun to sit and collect dust. Kind of like those guys that own the sweetest rides but trailer them everywhere and never drive them. I just think I'd be really stupid to pass the deal up. In all reality, the gun should remain in great shape because it's not going through the woods or anything. Alright, I'll buy it. Thanks for the input.