PDA

View Full Version : In honor of Ron: RANDOM FRIDAY!!!!!

jbiscuit
05-30-2008, 10:10 AM
:banana1::banana1::banana1::banana1::banana1:
Lets talk about grilling.

talk about recipes, your favorite brand of grill, the time you burned your house down with your grill etc

GO!!!!!!!!!

Deggy
05-30-2008, 10:17 AM
From my expeirence tailgating at the game. Never cheap out on charcoal.

jbiscuit
05-30-2008, 10:21 AM
charcoal all the way for me also....I love my Weber grill. Haven't been using it much lately however. Maybe this weekend it'll cook up some steaks :)

Deggy
05-30-2008, 10:23 AM
charcoal all the way for me also....I love my Weber grill. Haven't been using it much lately however. Maybe this weekend it'll cook up some steaks :)

So what day is this happening? I could go for some grilled steaks. :goof

PureSound15
05-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Use an entire jar of steak rub on both sides of a couple of T-bones on a charcoal grill. Throw some texas toast with garlic and butter, some sweet corn and a baked potato :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

And a Spotted Cow, of course.

jbiscuit
05-30-2008, 10:48 AM
OOOOO texas toast FTW!

I pepper the SNOT out of my steak and use the Weber-brand steak seasoning as dry rub, marinade in the fridge for 2-3 hours and pull it out an hour before going on the grill. Meat shouldn't be cold when it goes on the grill IMO.

T-bones sound fantastic. OH and swap the spotted cow out for a Capital Amber. Yum

Smokey1226
05-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Medium-rare FTMFW!

Deggy
05-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Medium-rare FTMFW!

:thumbsup

Smokey1226
05-30-2008, 11:12 AM
:thumbsup

"Their all pink on the inside" :thumbsup:rolf

Deggy
05-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Hahahahahaha

Deggy
05-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Use an entire jar of steak rub on both sides of a couple of T-bones on a charcoal grill. Throw some texas toast with garlic and butter, some sweet corn and a baked potato :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

And a Spotted Cow, of course.

So when's the party? :headbang

Smokey1226
were going to hell Deggy!

Deggy
were going to hell Deggy!

I already knew that.

michelle
05-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Anybody ever use that cowboy wood in their charcoal grill?

PureSound15
05-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Yeah I tried the wood-chip type things the last time I made ribs. They worked great! I think I may have noticed a bit more of a difference had I not marinaded the ribs for so long (flavor overload).

wikked
05-30-2008, 01:01 PM
correct... you should leave the meat out 30mins prior to grilling.

Always leave it set for 5mins after grilling, so the juices have a chance to saturate the middle of the meat, as it moves to the outsides while cooking.

jbiscuit
05-30-2008, 01:12 PM
correct... you should leave the meat out 30mins prior to grilling.

Always leave it set for 5mins after grilling, so the juices have a chance to saturate the middle of the meat, as it moves to the outsides while cooking.

well played.

PureSound15
05-30-2008, 01:30 PM
I concur. :headbang

Leave your brats on the outside of the grill, they'll take twice as long to cook but wont crack open or cook unevenly. (post-beer boil, of course).

Prince Valiant
05-30-2008, 01:59 PM
To me, rare-well done all depends on the cut:
Very rare to rare I'll generally use for filet mignon.
Medium: On the medium rare-to-medium range is how I'll generally cook my sirlions, porterhouses/t-bone's....medium to medium well is how I'll generally cook my bottom rumps.
Well done: Very rarely I'll actually do a steak well-done...and generally only ribeye's.

My favorite is to use a Seasoned/Sea salt mix/with black/cayenne pepper seasoning...I'll generally season the steak several times during the course of the day as the steak warms to room temperature, both sides.

Favorite cut to do this with is ~ 18-20 oz Ribeye (generally the largest size ribeye the butcher's got)

Then, I'll get the flame very very hot...as hot as it gets. Throw it on and sear it good....getting some charring, but not too much. Normally just 4 minutes a side though...then I have the oven heated up good, and I'll through the steak on a pan in there for 5-10 minutes broiling (depends on if I want medium-to well done...generally my falls in the medium range, to medium well depending on the thickness of the cut).

This works great for the ribeye due to the amount of fat it's got...and it'll leave it so juicy and tender, all sealed pretty much in the steak. Cooking one this weekend as a matter of fact!

wikked
05-30-2008, 02:23 PM
I want a steak now :]

Another little tip, if the type of steak you're grilling curls up... next time make small slits on 3 or 4 edges, it's the fat shrinking and pulling the steak up with it.

Beagle
05-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Random friday threads are the shiat,

jbiscuit
05-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Random friday threads are the shiat,

thank you thank you....its becoming tradition. I owe an apology to Ron however. He really looks forward to the Random Friday threads and sometimes I get stuck doing work when I should be getting the random friday thread up. So Ron, I apologize. I owe you a beer. :thumbsup:banana1:

jbiscuit
05-30-2008, 02:35 PM
http://www.clipartof.com/images/clipart/xsmall2/25_man_cooking_with_a_charcoal_grill.jpg

jbiscuit
05-30-2008, 02:43 PM
5 alarm burger:

1lb 80/20 angus (or 90/10 etc)...a bit more fat makes for a juicier burger (makes 4 patties)
1 white onion
black pepper
ceyanne pepper
jalepenos...sliced
fresh HOT salsa (make your own or I recomment the hot salsa by the produce that is help yourself at PicNsave)
salt
pepperjack cheese (4 slices)
good whole wheat buns
shredded lettuce

go buy a pack of 80/20 Angus....buy based on how many patties you want to make. 1 lb should make roughly 4 patties (quarter pounders). Empty package of beef into a bowl. Dice up 1 white onion fine. (I like it fine so its onion bits, not chunks). Add to meat. Add some ceyanne pepper and black pepper and ball and patty. Throw on the grill and cook to your liking. Add a slice of the pepperjack right before the patty is ready to come off grill

Once removed from grill, add to bun. Add some shredded lettuce, a couple jalepeno slices and a spoonful of the hot salsa.

OMG this burger is to die for. Try it!

Prince Valiant
05-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Buffulo Wing Burger:

3/4 pound ground chuck
Season to liking (I use seasoned salt/black pepper mixed in the chuck/and on surface)
Grill to your liking. Takes longer than you think due to the size of the patty.
In the last minute or two of the grilling, place wing sauce (preferabbly hooters, as it's thicker/holds better in high heat...but bw3's also does a decent job too). The wing sauce will ooze around and into the chuck.
After placing the sauce on the patty, I also put a slice of sharp cheddar, pepper jack, and colby cheese to melt on the grille.
I use large Kaiser buns, lightly toasted.
Add mayo to your liking.
Add Ranch sauce to your liking.
Use your favorite louisiana style hot sauce.

Keep lots of paper towels handy, as it's a messy flavorfull burger to chow down on...

juicedimpss
05-31-2008, 01:13 AM
thank you thank you....its becoming tradition. I owe an apology to Ron however. He really looks forward to the Random Friday threads and sometimes I get stuck doing work when I should be getting the random friday thread up. So Ron, I apologize. I owe you a beer. :thumbsup:banana1:

thanks j,that made my day.

when can i collect on that beer anyway?