PDA

View Full Version : import wars

1siksrt
05-30-2008, 04:07 AM
how is the track prep at these events and how long is the test n tune???

BeesTwinEG
05-30-2008, 09:41 AM
Enter the Pro-FWD class. since your car have about 450hp

spindler27
05-30-2008, 10:50 AM
Enter the Pro-FWD class. since your car have about 450hp

did you even read his question?

BeesTwinEG
05-30-2008, 10:57 AM
Matter of fact I did.
I recommanded to run in PRO-FWD so he can get more runs in plus it will be fun in that class. Try to be another way to be a smartass :rolf.
peace

spindler27
05-30-2008, 11:00 AM
Matter of fact I did.
I recommanded to run in PRO-FWD so he can get more runs in plus it will be fun in that class. Try to be another way to be a smartass :rolf.
peace

he asked about track prep and test and tune time, not which class to run, any moron can figure out which event to run

BeesTwinEG
05-30-2008, 11:04 AM
he asked about track prep and test and tune time, not which class to run, any moron can figure out which event to run

I believe I read it before I put post up there. Plus If he run in Pro-FWD he'll have alot more time to run instead of running 3 runs in test n tune. Try different way to be a smartass :thumbsup

1siksrt
05-30-2008, 11:49 AM
how is the track prep at these events and how long is the test n tune???

TRACK PREP?????? HOW LONG IS THE TEST N TUNE?????? is that more clear?????!!!!!!!!!!

spindler27
05-30-2008, 02:44 PM
I believe I read it before I put post up there. Plus If he run in Pro-FWD he'll have alot more time to run instead of running 3 runs in test n tune. Try different way to be a smartass :thumbsup

you still havent answered the fvcking question

Deggy
05-30-2008, 03:05 PM
From my experience watching Import Wars they appear to prep the track daily well. As for test and tune time....no idea.

boostaddict14
05-31-2008, 04:04 PM
In my opinion you should run in the pro-frw class.
\
bwhahaha

Beagle
05-31-2008, 04:28 PM
any moron knows that the track isnt prepped like shiat for the imports. just another excuse in the books. i can hear it know my car would go tens if they prepped the track like they do for the v8's. oh well i guess a 12.6 is decent.

MoCkiN U
06-02-2008, 12:20 PM
actually I have always heard complaints about the track at import wars events but its more FWD based. This event is for imports and such but most complain about the front wheel drive cars running through the water box and dragging water up to the line causing others to spin

1siksrt
06-02-2008, 01:04 PM
any moron knows that the track isnt prepped like shiat for the imports. just another excuse in the books. i can hear it know my car would go tens if they prepped the track like they do for the v8's. oh well i guess a 12.6 is decent.

I Have heard plenty of people talk about different events being prepped better, it seems like most of the events like (Rsd's, slicks night, etc.) they prep the track better than a standard test n tune and i have heard this from RWD guys too... and Any moron knows when to shut his mouth!!!!! Keep running your mouth in my threads and see what happens!! I just dont see why in person your a decent guy, but on the internet you start shit????????

1siksrt
06-02-2008, 01:05 PM
actually I have always heard complaints about the track at import wars events but its more FWD based. This event is for imports and such but most complain about the front wheel drive cars running through the water box and dragging water up to the line causing others to spin

^^^Yep, I hear people complaining about that also

MoCkiN U
06-02-2008, 02:23 PM
There probably isnt a great fix for that either. The track wants the cash flow (for good reason) so having a FWD only day wont make sense. They have tried in the past to have the FWD in one particular lane the whole day but that didnt work out with the volume of people there.

sloLs1
06-02-2008, 08:17 PM
i think your best bet is to go on a weekday. you'll get the most test and tune time! track prep might not be quite as good as a rsd event but it should do enough. what more can you ask for, your car is FWD it will never hook! :chair:

jk

1siksrt
06-02-2008, 09:25 PM
LOL, it will hook just fine.. I just need to make some adjustments to the traction bars and I put a good clutch in now.... plus i have coilovers... since people have cut 1.70 60's with stock suspension and traction bars/slicks... Im sure i can... just a matter of time...

Bee
06-03-2008, 09:09 PM
dang the bashing..LOL

anyhow, track prep at IW is ok. most of the imports haven't yet come to terms of big v8 muscle cars so i guess sometimes the track isn't preped as well as for v8 events. eventhough FWD's benefit from good track prep best still guys come out there and do your best. play with your tire pressure/suspension. if you have a fast/quick fwd, try running after a big v8 muscle. it'll do a massive burn out in the pit and burn off all the water on the track after it runs....this way you know the track is preped...hehe :thumbsup

1siksrt
06-03-2008, 11:14 PM
thanks BEE, how many test n' tune runs do you think i could get in if i got there early and was one of the first to go thru tech????

CannotPost
06-04-2008, 10:11 AM
thanks BEE, how many test n' tune runs do you think i could get in if i got there early and was one of the first to go thru tech????

On the right day if you get there early/first you can get at least 5 back to back runs if not more.

TURTLE
06-05-2008, 07:42 PM
i'm hoping to get to a few events this year, but with all the auto-x... looks like i'll only make 2 IW's... may make a few super sticky thursdays if they'll let me run again...

nismodave
06-05-2008, 07:44 PM
I tell ya, as much crap as people give IW, its one of the most attended events, MONTHLY!

Bee
06-05-2008, 10:04 PM
it's cool if people talk bad about IW i guess...don't they always talk and talk only anyways.... i would like the talkers to come out and see for themselves. it's more then just racing... a community of car enthusiast all put together. even v8's come out and TnT...you should see their faces when 4cyls or 1.3L rotaries turn in 7-8sec passes. :thumbsup

anyhow, getting back to your question. If you were the first to tech and get in line right away, I would honestly say you can get nearly 10 passes by the time the classes do qualifing passes. even after that there are in-between TnT lanes open throughout the day. this sat. we race 3pm-9pm...or so. you can go earlier and get more passes this sat. if it doesn't rain...good luck :thumbsup

Bee
06-05-2008, 10:07 PM
I tell ya, as much crap as people give IW, its one of the most attended events, MONTHLY!

you are correct :)

MoCkiN U
06-05-2008, 10:10 PM
the racing is one thing. the show is another. $25 to show $15 for passenger for the same ol shit all the time. Hell thats almost HIN money right there

1siksrt
06-06-2008, 01:22 AM
I Might just be at import wars

1siksrt
06-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Do you guys think it would help if i went clocks off since i prolly wont enter any of the classes???? Cause I'm hoping not to get thrown out after my 1st sub 11.49 pass and i think that might help:confused???....

nismodave
06-06-2008, 11:41 AM
LOL. They still see your time in the tower. Doesent matter.

1siksrt
06-06-2008, 12:02 PM
I know that, but i was hoping that maybe they would be like since no one in the crowd knows lets let him keep running:goof

nismodave
06-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Ummm doubt it. Its about insurance.

If you crash and die without have proper equipment, and they let you keep running, they can be sued.

twicks69
06-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Along with running "clocks off", you look really dumb when you are only running an 11 second capable vehicle. If you were a PRO car running at PRO events in a 8-second and faster car, with all the safety requirements to boot, then go for it.

People will just laugh otherwise, and wonder why you are too cool to post your times. (I.E. ricer).

Just run in Test and Tune's or run in the Pro-FWD class (at least you can compete for a chance to win $500).

boostaddict14
06-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Congrats on the marriage Tim. Also met your friend who lives in Italy at Clint's cool guy.

twicks69
06-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Congrats on the marriage Tim. Also met your friend who lives in Italy at Clint's cool guy.

THANKS!

Russ Jerome
06-06-2008, 11:01 PM
Cause I'm hoping not to get thrown out after my 1st sub 11.49 pass and i think that might help:confused???....

A lot of rules are strongly enforced (for good reason) like the 13.9
helmet rule, a car steady in the 10's a cage or a 150mph car needing
a chute but a FWD in the mid 11's wont get you thrown out your
first pass.