05-27-2008, 01:59 PM
**** Obama

FASTZ2895
05-27-2008, 02:35 PM
**** Obama

No Fvck You///// Redneck

GTSLOW
05-27-2008, 02:41 PM
:rolf you wish I was a redneck you hillbilly.

FASTZ2895
05-27-2008, 02:43 PM
:rolf you wish I was a redneck you hillbilly.

I know you are a cross dresser:rolf

Nix
05-27-2008, 02:45 PM
**** Obama

OFT... :headbang

GTSLOW
05-27-2008, 02:47 PM
I know you are a cross dresser:rolf

Aren't you the one with the ford engine in a camaro? :wtf

:confused :rolf :goof :confused

HAMRHEAD
05-27-2008, 02:49 PM
**** Obama

FASTZ2895
05-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Aren't you the one with the ford engine in a camaro? :wtf

:confused :rolf :goof :confused

You wish I had a ford engine in my car.....:rolf:rolf:rolf

Prince Valiant
05-27-2008, 03:44 PM
meh.

I disagree with McCain about cancelling "bunker buster" nuclear arms...even though we are getting pretty good with conventional busters, I always think we should have the badest of the bad, and no doubt nuclear gives the best bang for the buck.

Speeches like the one he gave however, are purposely given to make him seem palatable to a divided electorate though. He knows a speech like that won't play great to people like me, but he does know that it'll set a contrast b/w what they perceive Bush to be, and the image he wants...this is to gain the "middle of the road voters" and is to paint himself before others can do so before him.

The point was to stress multinationalism when approaching problems (such as we already do, see Korea/Iran currently...heck, look at Afganistan/Iraq even) and to strike a concillatory tone.

To the "slashing" our aresenal, I'd view it in the vien that Kennedy removed weapons from Turkey...he only removed outdated weapons and quickly replaced with new/modern stuff. There is plenty of stockpile we've got that's service life is due to end...and we have plenty currently that is MORE than capable of annihilating pretty much any enemy we need to (points to Iran, new cold war looming with Russia). And of course, there is nothing there about suspension of building new/even more capable weapons.

There is the issue of Obama's Shill reacting to the to the speech:

"No speech by John McCain can change the fact that he has not led on nonproliferation issues when he had the chance in the Senate and that his support for a war against Iraq -- which had no active nuclear program -- diverted us from our efforts to secure loose nuclear materials, hampered our ability to pressure countries like North Korea and Iran, and set back our ability to lead the world against the threat of nuclear weapons," Really? Oh, quite the contrary. Even looking at the NAIA report on Iran's development of nuclear weapons in which they stated that they are "highly confident" that Iran suspended their nuclear weapons programs (more on this later), they even put the date at which they believed work to have stopped...that coinciding with the fall of Bagdad. Rember also that Korea did in fact agree to monitoring and disbanding their nuclear program (although they are still being proven guilty of proliferation to Syria, and are undoubtedly improving their cladestine efforts)

Now on the NAIA report, many will try to say it's proof that our saberrattling does little to no good...Iran isn't working toward nuclear weapons, and they haven't for some time; but that same report terms that they are only "moderately confident" said program hasn't resumed. When reading into the report further, you see that only one part of nuclear development is deemed not to have resumed either...and that is the weaponization of nuclear material.

Of the three things needed (nuclear material, delivery, weaponization), we KNOW Iran is working openly on two. They continue to make the material in plain sight (using their 1,000's of centrifuges to make highly enriched uranium). They continue to improve their rocket's/missles having successfully launched satellites, thus now have ICBM's (Saddam actually worked on a gun to deliver his nukes...and was building one capable of lauching nukes into space). Those are the two hardest things to work on and keep it hidden...the EASIESt thing to hide and shortest to accomplish (~6 months), is the weaponization of nuclear material...but don't worry, the NAIA is "moderately confident" nothing is going on there.

Why is all that important? McCain at least seems to get that countries like Iran ARE a threat...Obama sees them more as "misunderstood" and operates under the mistaken/time and again disproven notion of "well, if we just talked we'd all get along" type diplomacy.

shoooo32
05-27-2008, 04:00 PM
McCain.... plans to disarm military???? not any worse than our current president. At 20 billion a month this war has depleted funds to the point where almost all new missle projects are at a standstill. I work for a contractor to Lockheed Martin missle and fire control and we've lost hundreds of thousands of dollars of work to budget cutbacks and killed projects. However, almost all the missles we make are made to kill tanks and last time I checked we took out just about every tank in the middle east so...

Cryptic
05-27-2008, 04:43 PM
... so we disarmed ourselves by blowing all them up on targets :)

Breecher_7
05-27-2008, 04:46 PM

FTW!!!! :headbang

HAMRHEAD
05-28-2008, 08:10 AM

:rockwoot::usa