PDA

View Full Version : 86' SS at Al's

PB86MCSS
05-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Rollover car, some rust but not rotted away. I nabbed the SS trim, t-top plates and a few other items but it had a very nice trunklid with spoiler intact, they wanted $100 for it complete. T-Top car with burgandy bench seat interior, faded interior and t-tops were busted, dash appeared very good without any cracks and it had the full gauge cluster yet, rear end. Motor was gone and front end busted up but the lower chin spoiler is ok. Not sure what else is worth mentioning, good t-top headliner, original radio, steering wheel & column, some black window trim & 1/4 glass is good.

Yooformula
05-24-2008, 04:08 PM
I needed a fender for my 86 but Rock auto has a new one for $100 shipped.

GRAMPS SS
05-24-2008, 04:16 PM
good find paul.........

PB86MCSS
05-24-2008, 04:34 PM
Fenders were smushed along with the hood and nose has a crack...doors mangled a little too and not really rust free. Surprised the trunklid is pretty clean and damage free.

nitroxtreme
05-25-2008, 06:20 PM
The lower chin you said was ok..Is it worth me traveling 40min to ck it out or would you pass on it..

PB86MCSS
05-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Hmm...well, I was about to grab it myself but gave up as I was already there longer than I should of. It has the license plate holes drilled, would need -re-painted...I think there is minor scuffing but no cracks at all, which is the big thing I'd say. I'd hate to tell someone its worth 40 minutes of driving or not but if you need one plus their prices are pretty good. I can't imagine it would cost much.

Burgandy85SS
05-25-2008, 11:31 PM
The rear spoiler was in good shap not cracked? May grab it just to have if can get it cheap enough. Havent been there in a while and see you miss the good stuff.
Also what color interior?

PB86MCSS
05-26-2008, 12:01 AM
Burgandy inside....some of it looked decent, just the normal fade. Rear spoiler was real nice, as I was leaving a guy was removing it then Norm somehow got it back. Earlier I had asked Norm how much for the whole decklid with spoiler out of curiousity, I was going to nab the spoiler myself as a spare. But I think they are looking to sell the trunklid with it.

PB86MCSS
05-29-2008, 11:45 PM
If anyone wants pics, I have a few...just gives an idea, might be able to tell enough on the chin spoiler. I was pretty surprised to see one there too, seems there haven't been many coming through the last 1-2 years. I was actually gonig for my Buick, my dads Buick and a couple other items not expecting to see anything interesting. Lucky for me it was fresh too....going to try and make it back this Saturday for a few more items if they are still there and not trashed yet.

Also got a few pics of cars they had lined up at their house next door. Must of been a Memorial Day thing or something, they had a Grand Prix 2+2 out that I saw there once before and few other nice rides, 2nd gen Camaro, 3rd gen Camaro, older Vette and an 80's Thunderbird that looked pretty modified.

Burgandy85SS
05-30-2008, 12:23 AM
Probally see ya there Saturday if its early in the morning. Gonna check out the SS and looking for a hood and grille for a 01 Hyundai :rolf

PB86MCSS
05-30-2008, 01:05 AM
Hehe....I'll see how early I make it out there, but I'd like to get there and done by noonish. I'm thinking of getting the dash, possibly trunklid/spoiler if you don't take it and 1/4 windows, etc. Maybe I shouldn't advertise what I'll take but I doubt anyone is paying much attention. I wonder how much they paid for the car and others like it at auctions.

PB86MCSS
05-31-2008, 01:47 PM
No more dash, rear spoiler or 1/4 glass :) .

Rear end is an open, if anyone would of been interested in that. Still a few odds and ends but not much was taken since last weekend.

Burgandy85SS
05-31-2008, 03:46 PM
[QUOTE=PB86MCSS;386042]No more dash, rear spoiler or 1/4 glass :) .

I noticed that when i got there this afternoon someone was busy this morning