PDA

View Full Version : anyone swapped a 5.7 or 6.1 Hemi yet?

madmike
05-24-2008, 02:31 AM
Got some questions like what computer did you use? Is there a editing software program out there yet? I found the fast Controller, and e-mailed the tech on swapping and the FAST one you have to buy a fuel system as it does not operate the electronic fuel pressure regulator, so you have to drop close to $5k for their system to get one up and running, YIKES!
Mike

forest
05-25-2008, 01:34 PM
Diablosport has full tuning for the hemis if you don't get an early PCM, get one from an 2005 without MDS and Go to Speartech for a harness. Talk to John Spears, you will need a wiring harness from the truck as well, but he will modify it as needed.

Prince Valiant
05-25-2008, 01:59 PM
I'd contact XV motorsports...they've seem to have done the most in the way of making all sorts of engine management/swap gear you need to get the new hemi in pretty much anything (headers/oil pans/etc) for swaps...it is what they specialize in.

http://www.xvmotorsports.com

What are you planning on trying?

forest
05-26-2008, 10:32 AM
I'd contact XV motorsports...they've seem to have done the most in the way of making all sorts of engine management/swap gear you need to get the new hemi in pretty much anything (headers/oil pans/etc) for swaps...it is what they specialize in.

very true, they have VERY nice stuff, but they are proud of it.....$$$$$$

madmike
05-26-2008, 10:34 AM

I am planning on swapping a new crate hemi in either a 74 Road Runner or 72 Charger, I can get either one. This will be a winter project as I am building a 440 72 Dart right now. But I found a 5.7ltr Crate Hemi a shop by me bought to swap into a car, until they found out they dont know electroics to do this swap. SO I can get it at 1/2 price as they just want to get rid of it, its still in the Mopar Plastic case, with harness

Prince Valiant
05-26-2008, 11:33 AM
as I am building a 440 72 Dart right now.BTW, I've got the correct engine mounts for that swap (solid driver side for higher HP) and 2" fenderwell headers for that swap too, let me know if you want 'em for much cheaper than they cost new...both of these are new/never used :thumbsup

I've considered swapping in a new hemi into the coronet...thinking of doing a project 68 coronet? :shades

70challenger
05-27-2008, 08:02 AM
another thought is getting the carb manifold, carb and the msd box to run the coils. i dont really have any experience with this setup but it sure beats paying 5 g just for the computer and then spending even more money modifying the tank, running new lines, pump regulator ect. sounds alot easier and more budget friendly to me.

70 cutlass 442
05-27-2008, 03:40 PM
you could always swap a LS1 into it :D

madmike
05-27-2008, 11:59 PM
another thought is getting the carb manifold, carb and the msd box to run the coils. i dont really have any experience with this setup but it sure beats paying 5 g just for the computer and then spending even more money modifying the tank, running new lines, pump regulator ect. sounds alot easier and more budget friendly to me.
yes this looks like a much cheaper option, and it actually makes a lot more horse power and torwue this way, but I thought it could be a daily driver if I diid the EFI swap because the ones built right now are pulling 24 -25 MPG and still getting over 400 ponies, that is way cool!