PDA

View Full Version : Borchardts Father Day Show

mamboking
05-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Any of you guys go to this show? If not it is an awesome show gotta be over 500 cars every year (minus 2 years ago...it rained) but lots of nice cars!!!

STANMAN
05-22-2008, 06:43 PM
Any of you guys go to this show? If not it is an awesome show gotta be over 500 cars every year (minus 2 years ago...it rained) but lots of nice cars!!!

I go. I recieved a plaque last year, and I was suprised as hell because there are some FINE cars presented!!

mamboking
05-22-2008, 06:47 PM
what class are you in? Well what kind of car do you enter? My dad has a few from there 64 Stingray!!!

STANMAN
05-22-2008, 06:57 PM
05 Mustang GT. White with red stripes (Known as Peppermint Patty or the Candy Cane, depending on who you talk to:rolf)

Their classes, if I remember correctly, are pretty broad, I was really suprised when I won, as there are some FINE cars there. Last year there was a Grand National (bone stock) that looked like it got put in a bubble when purchased and never taken out. I mean it was SOOOO clean, I think it had 11K on the ticker. That car was just neat to see as you never see them unmolested anymore.

STANMAN
05-22-2008, 07:00 PM
If you go to the photo section and look under "few more automation pics and coffee meet", you will see some HDR pics of my car. It really doesn't look THAT good, put Madison Dave is a master with his camera!!! The green fox is boosted91pony and the red Firebird is HeatSeekerWS6, both BCM people (and personal friends:thumbsup) as well.

Funny Dave doesn't take many pics of his car, but his is an 04 Bullit, very nice as well!

Karps TA
05-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Borchardt's show like many have like all these specialized classes until you get to things built after 73. The it's 73 and up Street Machine. Which ends up being like 50 cars.

mamboking
05-22-2008, 07:04 PM
I looked... FRIGGEN AWESOME i like em all!! Nice camera work too!!

mamboking
05-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Borchardt's show like many have like all these specialized classes until you get to things built after 73. The it's 73 and up Street Machine. Which ends up being like 50 cars.

I know what you mean... but i think just because its sucha big show that all classes have a ton of cars... My dads class pre-?? whatever vettes always has 30ish cars or so... but its still a cool meet!!

Karps TA
05-22-2008, 07:11 PM
I know they said they so many late model Mustangs showed up together last year that they were going to make them their own class. Which is cool. Cause when it's participent voting and a whole group shows up together it kinda skews the votes a bit.

Not that a plaque means that much to me anymore. My car never does well in shows anyways unless they are actually judged shows.

STANMAN
05-22-2008, 07:17 PM
I know they said they so many late model Mustangs showed up together last year that they were going to make them their own class. Which is cool. Cause when it's participent voting and a whole group shows up together it kinda skews the votes a bit.

Not that a plaque means that much to me anymore. My car never does well in shows anyways unless they are actually judged shows.

Judged has it's drawbacks as well I have found. Home cooking, no matter how it's done (either by participants grouping together, or judges voting for one of their club members cars) sucks. At least when it happens, it's usually totally obvious:rolf

FWIW-I didn't even know that show was going on until I was driving past it, lol. Glad I did to, so many nice cars. Does anyone else remember that GN??

mamboking
05-22-2008, 07:23 PM
was it black... i know that is broad... but was it closer to the road then the buildings?

STANMAN
05-22-2008, 07:31 PM
was it black... i know that is broad... but was it closer to the road then the buildings?

No, it was parked right next to the building. There were 2 nice ones there though, I know the one you are talking about, it had some mods.

michelle
05-23-2008, 07:01 AM
Wow, that seems like a nice car show. Adam says we have been there before, but I don't remember. I put it on the calendar! (:

jbiscuit
05-27-2008, 09:38 AM
will be in this one for sure!