PDA

View Full Version : Mooreland rd & I-43 construction

Flicktitty
05-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Anyone know when this is gonna be done? it's getting kind of frustrating going through that area a few times a week.

jbiscuit
05-22-2008, 11:19 AM
that round-a-bout sucks too right in front of the Ridge.

Deggy
05-22-2008, 11:22 AM
that round-a-bout sucks too right in front of the Ridge.

It only sucks because people don't know how to use round-a-bouts. Once people get used to it being there traffic coming in and out of the ridge after movies will not be so backed up....especially on a friday or saturday night. Or after a big movie opening.

jbiscuit
05-22-2008, 11:27 AM
its a disaster right now. I bet there will be 20 accidents there before people start learning how to use it. I almost had a silverado in my backseat last time I went through it because people are used to doing 40 down that stretch heading south, Just wait till a snow fall. I'm going to try and drift through the whole thing :rolf

Deggy
05-22-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm going to try and drift through the whole thing :rolf

I wanna be in the car with a video camera when this happens...or standing outside the recording it.

Crawlin
05-22-2008, 11:38 AM
I live right down the street. that's been there for the whole winter anyways, and was perfectly fine. they redid the lines and put the arrows so people understood that you can't just go from the inside lane to the outside and keep going straight.

it's not THAT hard to comprehend.

as for when the whole construction is supposed to be done, I thought I remember hearing either late '09 or early '10. that's including the bridge(43) and the onramps and offramps. AS WELL AS doing a roundabout at the moorland/beloit interchange too. or maybe it was just the offramp area on the northside of 43.

Karps TA
05-22-2008, 11:38 AM
They should just park 2 cops and 10 tow trucks at that roundabout. They #1 didn't make it big enough to handle all the semi's that run through there. Then they put a traffice device in that nobody knows how to use. People can't even merge on the highway onramps without making it a debacle. This blows people's minds. Now put that in front of a busy movie theater filled with soccor moms who can't drive to begin with, and teenagers and it's actually laughable.

Flicktitty
05-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Just wait till a snow fall. I'm going to try and drift through the whole thing :rolf

been there done that in my truck a few months back there was a light dusting at about 10pm and i jumped on it.... lol the east/north bound 43 sucks going over the bridge. it's like a damn roller coaster.

Nick
05-22-2008, 12:01 PM
I ******* fly through those roundabouts because of the losers who don't know how to use them. Stupid idiots, it's a yield - if nobody is coming, don't ****gin STOP completely, just GO

xxsn0blindxx
05-22-2008, 12:04 PM
A friend of mine is one of the DOT engineers on that project, I will have to ask him about the completion date and if they are on target. I was very anti-roundabout, but after seeing them used properly in new England I think there are a lot of intersections that could benefit from them. Of course the dill-holes around here can't figure out how a 4-way stop sign controlled intersection works so maybe not.

Nick
05-22-2008, 12:11 PM
I love roundabouts in all honesty.

Flicktitty
05-22-2008, 12:12 PM
I love roundabouts in all honesty.

yeah...they were kind of tricky the first 1 or 2 times i had to go through a round about now i'm just fine with them. i think if people knew how to use them they would be used alot more.

84hurst
05-22-2008, 12:16 PM
43 does suck, especially coming back into milwaukee. I too travel in every day. They did a horrible job paving those lanes. My truck feels like it's gonna fall apart when I drive through there! Don't forget, 43 will be closed today 11 pm to 5 am! :thumbsup As for the roundabout, :flipoff2:

xxsn0blindxx
05-22-2008, 12:56 PM
yeah...they were kind of tricky the first 1 or 2 times i had to go through a round about now i'm just fine with them. i think if people knew how to use them they would be used alot more.

They are supposed to be much safer too. The possible points of collision are reduced and the chances of major accidents are greatly reduced.

Al
05-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Just wait till a snow fall. I'm going to try and drift through the whole thing :rolf

I had an opportunity to try this on the one in the Menominee river valley. Good times till you find someone who doesn't know how to use a roundabout.

Mudd Runner
05-22-2008, 03:13 PM
I drive the roundabout everyday cuz i work right over there dont know when its gonna be done im just used to it now