PDA

View Full Version : ~ Working with Fuel Fittings and Braided hose ~

awsomeears
05-20-2008, 11:23 PM
Going to re-route some of my fuel lines in my engine bay ( Currently I have XRP fittings ) and I would like to hear your Tricks or tools ( maybe I can borrow it :D ) to cut the stuff clean and not fray the ends when shoving the fittings onto the hose.

I'm sure Russ has a DIY tool that he made out of a snickers wrapper and a old omni valve spring :)

I'm running -6AN aka 3/8"

Also I would like to know if there is real difference between Earls', XRP and Russells Braided Hose ? XRP's web site sucks nutz and other company's have there own, look all the same to me.

Whats your thought ?

- Brad -

70challenger
05-21-2008, 01:23 AM
if you're running/making braided steed hose, make sure to het the jaws to hold hold the fitting when making it. it makes life a whole lot easier and no leaks!!

badass88gt
05-21-2008, 08:18 AM
Wrap the hose tightly with electrical tape and then cut in the center of the tape. That will prevent fraying.

Use a tiny flathead screwdriver when installing the fittings on the hose to get all the braid into the fittings. Aluminum jaws are the best for holding them in a vise.

Someone makes a tool for it but I feel its a waste of money. Ive had real good luck with Earls, they seem to be easier to work with than Russell.

DRK
05-21-2008, 08:43 AM
stainless braided line is HEAVY and should only be used where abrasion resistance is a priority. Starlite is the way to go and much easier to assemble.