PDA

View Full Version : F-Hales Corners

PB86MCSS
10-28-2003, 04:02 PM
On my way to work very early this morning I was so happy to realize Hales Corners salted the roads :fire . No other cities did that I know of....the ground isn't frozen nor was there a chance of ice...they seem to always prematurely salt the roads compared to everyone else...washed the remenents of the car after work but jeeze....bastards :flipoff: .

Silver350
10-28-2003, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the heads up Paul I will make sure I avoid that city till all the other streets are salted.

SSmike1
10-28-2003, 04:40 PM
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WAS 42 DEGREES THIS MORNING 4AM,
WITH A FORCAST OF 52 DEGREES.
WHY SALT????????????????

DOES HALES CORNERS OWN STOCK IN A SALT COMPANY?
AND WHY ARE THEY WASTING TAX PAYERS MONEY?:fire

Yooformula
10-28-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by SSmike1
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WAS 42 DEGREES THIS MORNING 4AM,
WITH A FORCAST OF 52 DEGREES.
WHY SALT????????????????

DOES HALES CORNERS OWN STOCK IN A SALT COMPANY?
AND WHY ARE THEY WASTING TAX PAYERS MONEY?:fire :wstupid :bsflag

Prince Valiant
10-28-2003, 05:34 PM
more importantly, why do we use salt?

There are other alternatives besides salt that can do the same, and in some cases superior work that salt does, without nearly as many corrosive effects of salt....and actually less enviromental impact.

The downside is that it's more expensive...but I think an investment into other chloride derivitives would pay for itself in longer lasting cars and greater availability of clean used cars...less in maintinace and repair.

I know that my car would be a hell of lot easier if I didn't have to deal with any rust.

Cryptic
10-28-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Prince Valiant
I know that my car would be a hell of lot easier if I didn't have to deal with any rust.

w3rd brotha

PB86MCSS
10-28-2003, 07:44 PM
The downside is that it's more expensive...but I think an investment into other chloride derivitives would pay for itself in longer lasting cars and greater availability of clean used cars...less in maintinace and repair.

From my understanding cities have contracts with salt suppliers so they get so much a year no matter what...probably more than is needed as governments like to waste...so I'd imagine them dumping extra is no big deal and gives the city workers something to do....JMHO.

The alternatives I'd imagine are more pricey and considering the car enthusiasts are the majority of people who hate salt(I think others don't give a crap whats used) nothing will be done to stop it with the negative effects. Salt only works from 20-32 degrees too from what I remember...above 32 is obvious why it doesn't really do anything ;) but I remember hearing below 20 about its chemical makeup doesn't melt ice, the freezing point is 20 maybe? Ok this post is getting to scientific..:goof .

I will never buy an older car that has rust unless its a really rare/special car. After buying my LS from New Mexico and taking the factory exhaust system(and all other bolts) off with a socket wrench...there is no substitute. Now if Hales Corners resists the urge to salt for another 10 days the LS won't have to risk of rusting :D. If they salt again I might march into their City Hall and punch someone in the face :punch: .

On the bright side I didn't see any remenents of salt on the road on my drive home from work 8.5 hours later, the moisture and traffic probably absorbed it by now.

02hawk796
10-29-2003, 04:21 AM
Thank you very much for the head's up. I'm gonna look at the city borders map right now.

jbiscuit
10-29-2003, 10:01 AM
all that salt is friggin ghey that they use there. I used to live there a few years ago. Like the city but yeah they have no concept of how to maintain the roads when the weather turns cruddy. I saw we all just march into City hall with 10 50lb bags of salt and dump them on the floor to make a point

Syclone0044
10-31-2003, 09:51 PM
Thank you for the head's up, it is Much Appreciated... and please keep us posted.