PDA

View Full Version : Another cool G-Body

Burgandy85SS
10-27-2003, 11:25 PM
January 2004 issue of High Performance Pontiac has an feature on a 85 Pontiac Grand Prix. I really like the job the owner did on this car fairly stock on the outside but inside a 400 out of a 77 Prix.
Reading this article makes me miss my 85 Prix which resembled the one in the magazine very closely, same color in and out, wing and wheels (mine were black) except mine had the 231 V-6 :(
Hopefully we will start seeing more cool G-Bodies featured in Magazines.

Rocket Power
10-28-2003, 03:44 PM
I think you'll be seeing more and more of the G-bodies as the prices of older musclecars go up, not to mention they made MILLIONS of them. I have noticed the prices of G-bodies going up as of late also. Used to be (circa early 90's) you could buy a G with a smoked 231 and a good body for $500 or less, now people wanted over a grand for a rot box that runs like crap. Damn, I shoulda kept all the ones I went through.

81 Cutlass
82 Cutlass
83 Cutlass
2- 84 Cutli (and one of those two I had TWICE)
Now an 86 442
and my wife has an 86 442 also

Hmmm I think I like G-bodies. LOL

I'm also on my third 64.

PB86MCSS
10-28-2003, 04:06 PM
Grand Prix's seem to have no love or not much of it compared to the other g-bodies. Not sure why, Pontiac has a good following it seems. There was a long thread on montecarloss.com about g-body GP's that just slowed down, with some pics, rare dealer package cars, etc. Including the GT, *GTO* and 2+2 which I've never seen one in person yet.

Don't see too many nice ones around either :(. I remember seeing a blue one at Solid Gold a bunch of times that appeared stock and was super duper clean.

Burgandy85SS
10-28-2003, 06:28 PM
I would have to think that the blue GP your talking about at Solid Gold was my car. I bought that car when I was 17 (and now I am shy of 25) and took it to solid gold almost on a weekly basis. I had the car till July of 03 thats when I sold it for my Monte SS.
I have many pictures of it I will have to show you one to see if its the car you saw there.

There is a Rosewood (I think thats the color) 87 Prix for sale on Beloit and Oklahoma, looks like a real clean car and appears to have original paint but the guy has no price and I never took the number.

BadAzzGTA89
10-28-2003, 07:34 PM
Is a malibu / Lemans a G-body around lets say 1980?

PB86MCSS
10-28-2003, 07:55 PM
Yep thats a g-body! 78-88...technically 78-81's are a-bodies then 82 g-bodies started because GM introduced the FWD smaller cars as a-bodies(Celebrities, etc.) but the frame/floorpans/suspension is identical...and 82 was the first year they went metric with many or all? items instead of standard.

That was one clean GP Chris! How much did you sell it for? I don't recall ever seeing one that clean or close to it around here....and none ever really modified.

I did look at one to buy on the northside(kinda ghetto area) a few years ago before I bought my first Monte beater(silver 86' t-top SS that was a rotbox). It was a red/red t-top 81' with the most common 80's Firebird/Trans Am wheels and buckets/console and gauges....but it was messed with too much and had bad frame rot. And before that a total project 83' in Watertown that was $400...glad I passed on heh.

I hear some people really like the gauges on those cars but thats the biggest drawback I saw on them, IMO....I like the other clusters more.

I've only owned one non Monte g-body, a 86' Cutlass Supreme :D. Beige/tan interior, V-6/200-C/2.41 powerhouse combo, solid bench seat, AM/FM radio with no cassette player, manual everything....half vinyl top and factory 14" Olds rallyes on whitewalls....car was a little rusty and a little body damage but was a winter car..... I do like Cutty's.

BadAzzGTA89
10-28-2003, 08:07 PM
I was just wondering cause i had a cool 1980 Lemans that i put a 400 sbc in with a th400 but was a one wheel wonder and i use to twist the hell out of the GM intermidiate driveshafts. But i really liked the way the car looked it was 2 toned dark and light blue and iroc wheels got rid of it for the GTA ! Man i miss it you never see them unlike the malabu .IMO the lemans looks better.and think it started off as a six popper!:3gears:

Burgandy85SS
10-29-2003, 07:10 PM
Paul, I sold it for $3500. in July of 02 It had approx 192,000 miles on the 231. It ran good but was slower than all hell.
The guy who bought it lived close to me so I saw it driving around several times a week (prefer to never see them once there gone) He stored it over winter put a nice dent in the pass side door, chips in the header and swirled the $hit out of it when he tried to buff it, then mid this summer put it up for sale for $4000 and then drastically dropped it to $2500. He never asked me how many miles on the car so he had it as 98,000 org, but I guess it dont matter cause its exempt anyways.
To make this long story end I am not sure where it is right now and actually kinda wonder.

Ricky Bobby
10-30-2003, 06:35 PM
hey chris ur prix was nice i liked the bonneville better with the green neons:rockwoot: i remeber when u and ron had that prix torn apart at greenfield how long did that take u ??? I still say all that work i would have put a 350 in it and kept it. But also u have alot of nice cars now. by the way if u are interested i got a 400 right now with TPI on it and a built trans and all wiring that will bolt right into ur car no prob 400 miles on both motor and tranny so let me know if ur interested, by the way thanx for showin at the demo derby :shades

PB86MCSS
10-30-2003, 07:24 PM
A 400 with TPI sounds good...Ill help you wire it up Chris :D.

I remember some other guy driving the GP which must of been after you sold it...I actually worked a landscaping job for a few summers that did a complex off 96th and Oklahoma where I saw it at the end of that summer(02')...never saw it again myself.

BTW, there is a silver GP for sale on HWY 100 I saw today in Hales Corners(around George Webbs). Looks solid, didn't check it out besides what I saw off the road...will check it out tommorow if I get a chance.

Ricky Bobby
10-30-2003, 09:02 PM
that 400 has over 500lb/ft of torque its built for torque it also comes with the ecu the trans has corvette survos and estra clutch packs and all the good stuff he wants only 1500 for it all computer to trans thatll move ur monte chris if i wasnt selling my 91 camaro i would put it in there
:3gears: see then chris ur car would be fast not like the gp lol

Burgandy85SS
10-31-2003, 01:21 PM
Thats where the guy who bought it lived in an appt complex on 96 and Oklahoma.

Tony, you kicked some @ss in the derby just curious if and where they are gonna have any more?

That 400 would have been nice really nice in the Prix, but I wanted the SS so something had to go and then slightly after that the Bonneville went too (minus the YELLOW neons)

Ricky Bobby
10-31-2003, 03:40 PM
from what i hear on the demos that they are building a new track on 76 and ryan or something like that but dude ive been to three more since then one in lake geneva and gotem on tape dude these guys are friggin nuts i got a 79 delta 88 im runnin next yr somewhere not sure where yet but im gonna run it and if u want im goin to like a crap load next yr just to watch and crap these guys spend more on a demo car than some guys put in a hot rod some of the motors are like 383 strokers and crap they spend outragious amounts of money. But on the flip side some of the derbies if u win is 10000 up to one in MN which is 30000 to win
That 400 would look beautiful in ur monte!!!!

also dude with all ur hoopties u should run a derby or 2 u got the attitude and hell i can buld it for ya at work and u can also help instead of repairing i like ripin them up we should go grab a :haveabeer together with like scotty cause all i do now is futs with my cars :cool:

Silver350
10-31-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by GunmetalZ28
also dude with all ur hoopties u should run a derby or 2 u got the attitude and hell i can buld it for ya at work and u can also help instead of repairing i like ripin them up we should go grab a :haveabeer together with like scotty cause all i do now is futs with my cars :cool:

I miss the good old days of destroying cars in your parents alley Tony, Even with the hot cops coming to talk to us when we were hitting the car with a baseball bat was awsome. :idhitit

Ricky Bobby
10-31-2003, 07:10 PM
well scotty next yr i got that delta u know that ur always welcome to come on over and beat some crap out of a car ill let y aknow when i start building another one, also those cops were friggin hot i miss those days :idhitit especially the one who said "I GOT 2 WORDS FOR YA" man i wish she would have finished lol

Burgandy85SS
10-31-2003, 09:31 PM
Tony I could run my Buick but then I wouldnt have a daily driver and the Delta 88 I had I sold for 1200 and bought a 94 Seville STS for Toni to drive through winter (I actually paid half she paid other half)
You will have to tell me where the other derbys are so I can check them out or if you need anyone on your crew I could also help ya out there.

Ricky Bobby
11-01-2003, 10:04 AM
well chris like with the delta i got i was out in the country it was sittin behind this buisness went in and asked if it was for sale and he said as soon as hes done puttin the motor in a wagon i could have the delta, motor, trans and all for free, also i got a 75 cougar for nothing it was on the derby forum hes in burlington im goin to get it today, yeah if u want to be on my crew thats no prob im gonna go to a bunch here in WI and IL they are just over the border so they are only at most an hour away and if we do we car pool. So u got like until may of next yr to find a hooptie and with all the cars u get i know u can find one also these races are for BIG DOLLAR they arent like hales for a grand hell like 5th gets a grand and first gets like 10 to 30 grand so if we could team up maybe we could make some phat cash just by trashim sh*t:woo:

Ricky Bobby
11-05-2003, 06:19 PM
hey chris u like my new sig its nice eh,lol

Silver350
11-05-2003, 06:57 PM
Unfortinatly Tony you will have to remove it or shrink it down. I sent you a pm explaining why. If you want e-mail the picture to me at silver350@cs.com and I can shrink it for you.

Ricky Bobby
11-06-2003, 07:19 PM
thanx scotty its kinda small but u still can make it out:party:

Silver350
11-06-2003, 10:17 PM
If you send me some Good digital pictures of your car I could make you a signature

Ricky Bobby
11-07-2003, 02:52 PM
im not rich like u scotty i dont have a digital camera i got a camcorder and a guy in kenosha just bought my camaro or is in a week or 2:bling
just pl;ayin buti have another clean pic of the camaroill send ya k