PDA

View Full Version : Who was at RSD today?

SLOWC5
10-26-2003, 03:21 AM
I was there running test and tune. here's my day :D

Well today at Union Grove, WICGP had a little get together for a little end of the year racing. I was ready I had raced on Wednesday and wanted to try a few new things. I had race gas in already from wednesday had my Drag radials on, and all my tools. I figured if I was going to get a PB today was the day.
I got to the track early before anyone else, pulled in and pulled the tools and cooler out and popped the hood. Then some of WICGP guys showed up I started my car and noticed that my snout had some moisture on in, or thats what I was hoping it was Went over swiped the finger to find GREEN GREASE checked and sure $hit CV boot had cracked. It wasn't off so I assumed it has cracked. So then I was pretty bummed that I couldn't race. Later in the day I said Screw it I'll make 1-3 runs and see if I can make a PB. Prepped the car and hopped in line.
Heres my first run I would have been happy with a 12.599 all day.

R/T...657
60... Wasn't working
1/8...8.106
MPH...85.69
1/4...12.603
MPH...109.03

So I was kinda happy with that run, 60' seemed in the high 1.9's
let the car sit for a hour or two and then hopped back in line and waited the lovely hour-hour and a half line.

Heres the last run and PB

R/T...761
60'...1.794 I do not know how that happened, but glad it did
1/8...7.974
MPH...87.31
1/4...12.487
MPH...108.60

The car was really running well today other than the blown CV boot. The second run I added a degree of timing up top with the ICCU and that gave me about 2 degrees of KR at the top of 2nd gear. would have been better leaving it alone I'll get new SFPH Half shafts this week and hopefully run one more time.
I'd write who I need to thank but all of you know who you are!

JEFF

Daytonapacecar959
10-26-2003, 02:34 PM
Congrats. on the new PB:haveabeer .
I was there also with Jeff and the other GP's and got a new PB
R/T .505 PB
60ft. 2.017 not that good:(
330 5.494
1/8 8.372
MPH 84.83
1000 not working
1/4 12.936 PB
MPH 108.60 PB
That was my 3rd of 4 runs.
On the down side,my first run didn't get a slip the girl in the box didn't have it from that run.
The 4th run get my slip with my # on it but it wasn't my run,it read 14.897 which if my car ran that slow again i'd sell it.So i go check with the guy i ran against to see what his slip said and his was correct,i ran a 13.113 that run.

Yooformula
10-26-2003, 02:38 PM
Wow! Great times Jeff!!Got any vids of the runs? I would love to see a sedan pull off low 12's and shock that sh!t out of the other guy.:3gears: :thumbsup

SLOWC5
10-26-2003, 02:58 PM
hopefully ill get to see some pictures or videos :) Never seen my car going down the track.

JEFF

Syclone0044
10-26-2003, 03:23 PM
Holy crap! You guys are SMOKING FASt, I didnt know the supercharged Buick V6 could do it. That is awesome. Do you all have stock trannys or how long do they last before they have to be rebuilt? What about torque converters? What kinda fuel octane and boost levels are you running? That is iron heads and block right?

SLOWC5
10-26-2003, 03:26 PM
umm I'm running a stock tranny with a Limited-slip Diff.
Running 100 octane
11Psi
Iron heads and block
probably do a higher stall Torque converter in spring.

I'm happy to end the year with that ;)

JEFF

Brian98GTP
10-26-2003, 07:00 PM
Excellent times Jeff !!

A couple TENTHS of a second, and you got the " FASTEST GTP WITH STOCK CAM" record..... :haveabeer

BLOWN GP
10-27-2003, 06:03 PM
I was there too. Not quite as fast as Fred or Jeff, but I got a new PB of 13.418 @ 104.01 MPH :D

Except having to wait around for the Trailer Queens On Parade (RSD) and having some numb nuts in a 69 Chevelle who had no business being on a cold wet track with slicks run one of our guys off the track, it was a pretty good day. :fire

I don't mean to go off on a rant.... but I always thought that a "street car" was one with current registration and plates that you actually drove to the track. It seems to me that common sense would dictate that if conditions are such that you cannot go down the track without fishtailing all over the place, you would put the damn thing back on the trailer and stop endangering yourself and the guy next to you.:mad:

Zipping up my Nomex suit...:flamet

SLOWC5
10-27-2003, 07:37 PM
The guys from RSD are Street cars, they do have headlights and turn signals and I'm sure most of the guys from Chi-town are on the streets during the week racing for big dollars. Thats the way they do it. I'm glad to see these guys run. They one give me something to look forward too when I go buy another muscle car and build it up:) and second they are the reason STREET TIRES and other cars can grab the 60's they are looking for. I pulled my PB cause of the ability to grab onto the rubber the "trailer queens" are putting on the track. if only everyone ran slicks and not street tires. The street tires chew all the rubber up and screw the 60's.

TRAILER QUEEN LOVER HERE. I'll run behind any "slicked" car any day.

JEFF

TuffEnuff
10-27-2003, 08:44 PM
Those werent trailers....those were stretchers.

about 6 of them broke stuff that day.

Besides,I KNOW you didnt wait that long for the RSD cars....they dont run 14's,15's, 16's.ect. like the STREET Tire turds do.

I am currently trying to get the track to do a "SLICKS ONLY" day so those of us who REALLY make power dont have to start in BALD SPOTS made by the Street Tire'd "Hot Lappers" who mistake the DRAG Strip for Road America.

SLOWC5
10-27-2003, 08:47 PM
I cant wait til spring so i can run a day with all slicks going down the track :D I look forward to that day, hopefully it starts early in spring. Is that possible Tuff?

JEFF

TuffEnuff
10-27-2003, 08:49 PM
Oh yeah....RSD is not (really) for "Street cars"

It's street RACING.(just done at the track)

Kinda like BRACKET RACING....any car can do it.

I have seen MANY race cars that *RACE* on the street

and I ALLLLLLLWAYS see "street" cars (Turds/daily drivers/NONrace cars) that *RACE* at the track.

ANY car you *RACE* becomes a RACE car ( at least that day)

TuffEnuff
10-27-2003, 08:51 PM
I am working VERY hard to make that happen....:rockwoot:

SLOWC5
10-27-2003, 08:53 PM
good to hear.

JEFF

Brian98GTP
10-27-2003, 09:41 PM
BLOWN GP

I was there too. Not quite as fast as Fred or Jeff, but I got a new PB of 13.418 @ 104.01 MPH

Except having to wait around for the Trailer Queens On Parade (RSD) and having some numb nuts in a 69 Chevelle who had no business being on a cold wet track with slicks run one of our guys off the track, it was a pretty good day.

I don't mean to go off on a rant.... but I always thought that a "street car" was one with current registration and plates that you actually drove to the track. It seems to me that common sense would dictate that if conditions are such that you cannot go down the track without fishtailing all over the place, you would put the damn thing back on the trailer and stop endangering yourself and the guy next to you.

How can you say they have NO business at the Track??!!

Thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard...

Do you REALLY think that guy KNEW he was gonna lose control on the track, and then just said,... "Ahh, screw it..." ???
Come on....

I mean dont get me wrong, I feel bad for Scott who got his car damaged while avoiding this Chevelle Driver... But, its a chance you take when you go to the track....
They have every right to be there as you do, just like the 18 second Honda that drives through the water box.....
They paid their admission, and signed the waiver.... They can stay.....

Neal Steffek
10-27-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Brian98GTP
How can you say they have NO business at the Track??!!

Thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard...

Do you REALLY think that guy KNEW he was gonna lose control on the track, and then just said,... "Ahh, screw it..." ???
Come on....

I mean dont get me wrong, I feel bad for Scott who got his car damaged while avoiding this Chevelle Driver... But, its a chance you take when you go to the track....
They have every right to be there as you do, just like the 18 second Honda that drives through the water box.....
They paid their admission, and signed the waiver.... They can stay.....

The point is, the guy who went into Scott's lane is an asshole. He didn't even go to see if Scott was ok or anything. He quickly put his car away and took off with out a word. People like that should never go to a track.:fire

GRNDNL
10-27-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by TuffEnuff

I am currently trying to get the track to do a "SLICKS ONLY" day so those of us who REALLY make power dont have to start in BALD SPOTS made by the Street Tire'd "Hot Lappers" who mistake the DRAG Strip for Road America.

Please.............Make this happen...........I'm all for it, bump the price if they need to make up for lost $$$$ and prep the hell out of the track.

My94r/t
10-28-2003, 12:08 AM
I was there with the white stealth. The one with crazy wheel-hop.
Also the one who's car left on a flatbed.:(
Oh well, dems ba breaks.

BLOWN GP
10-28-2003, 12:32 AM
We have to agree to disagree. No, the guy in the Chevelle didn't KNOW for certain that he was going to loose control, but he apparently didn't know much about how his tires would be affected by track conditions and failed to notice the how many other similar vehicles were having trouble keeping to a straight line.

The thing that gets me about the incident is that the guy took off. You race, you take responsibility for the **** you break. Usually it's your own, but if it's someone else's, so be it. He fucked up, then ran another guy off the track, causing what has to be thousands of dollars worth of damage to another guy's car, then wasn't man enough to own up to his responsibility.

As for the RSD guys, I don't really hate "trailer queens". Hell, I like watching them as much as anyone else. I'm just miffed because the WICGP had been planning a get-together for two months, specifically picking a late fall date with nothing on the schedule, when it should have been nothing but us "street tire turds" making T&T passes. With our plans set, RSD comes in four days before hand and screws it up by throwing together a last-minute event. We should have been waiting maybe 15 minutes between passes, not the better part of an hour each time.

BTW, our group of "street tire turds" runs 12s, 13s, and 14s, not 14s, 15s and 16s:flipoff:

I agree with the "slicks only day idea", and correspondingly a "no slicks" day as well. Strret tires just tear up the soft rubber laid down from slick and can't get a decent grip on actual pavement.

Neal Steffek
10-28-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by BLOWN GP
We have to agree to disagree. No, the guy in the Chevelle didn't KNOW for certain that he was going to loose control, but he apparently didn't know much about how his tires would be affected by track conditions and failed to notice the how many other similar vehicles were having trouble keeping to a straight line.

The thing that gets me about the incident is that the guy took off. You race, you take responsibility for the **** you break. Usually it's your own, but if it's someone else's, so be it. He fucked up, then ran another guy off the track, causing what has to be thousands of dollars worth of damage to another guy's car, then wasn't man enough to own up to his responsibility.

As for the RSD guys, I don't really hate "trailer queens". Hell, I like watching them as much as anyone else. I'm just miffed because the WICGP had been planning a get-together for two months, specifically picking a late fall date with nothing on the schedule, when it should have been nothing but us "street tire turds" making T&T passes. With our plans set, RSD comes in four days before hand and screws it up by throwing together a last-minute event. We should have been waiting maybe 15 minutes between passes, not the better part of an hour each time.

BTW, our group of "street tire turds" runs 12s, 13s, and 14s, not 14s, 15s and 16s:flipoff:

I agree with the "slicks only day idea", and correspondingly a "no slicks" day as well. Strret tires just tear up the soft rubber laid down from slick and can't get a decent grip on actual pavement.

My thought exactly. I also want to add that I got NO races in. Thast right, none. A big fat 0. $50 on race gas, $30 to get in, and many hours on getting ready (and a few hours waiting in line), plus missing a good part of my dads birthday to get 0 runs in.

12secondGTP
10-28-2003, 01:02 AM
OK i'm gonna add my 2 cents, first if it was that big of a deal WICGP should have rented the track for themsleves and not cry about other cars that got in there way, I'm sick and tired of hearing people ***** about GLD, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. RSD is awsome fast cars, fun to watch. I would give up a day of running my 12 second turd to watch RSD any day. I feel bad for Scott for what happened to him, that does suck BUT thats racing, you sign away for it when you enter the track if you don't agree with it stick to the streets cause its like that everywhere. To say he has no business at the track is just retarded, People brake stuff, blow up stuff, spill stuff, and crashing is part of racing. If you cann't live with it then quit. I tried to point it out before hand but some people just woun't listen. Check it out www.realstreetdrags.net Who cares what the name is, it is what it is, and it is here to stay(wow thats alot of "it is")Any way I will be switching to a full slick next year and hope that a front wheel drive with slicks can still compete on that day, if not I will make do.

Brent

BTW: Tuff, your old bucket of bolts is still slow and I will own you next RSD ;)

Neal Steffek
10-28-2003, 01:17 AM
Brent is sticking up for GLD? Wow, this is a first! :nutkick :D

BLOWN GP
10-28-2003, 11:15 AM
Brent, we did believe you about what the RSD was, but all that got us was some advance knowledge of just how screwed we were going to be. Plans had already been set. People had made hotel arrangements, taken off of work, etc... Many of us have spent quite a bit of time tweaking our cars in preparation for that day. I've purchased parts and tools that I might have waited 'till next season to buy. I've spent my weekends for the past month and a half either installing things or determining how the car is behaving. I invested in expensive race fuel additive. I took a half day off of work Friday, etc... Many others invested similar time and effort.

I spent quite a bit of time standing around outside my car in the stageing lanes talking to the other guys in line for T&T runs. To a man, all of them were pissed off. Most would not have come if they had known that RSD was going to be there. Like us, they had picked that day because it was supposed to be a T&T only day.

Compeditive events and open T&T probably shouldn't be held at the same time. Slicks and street tires both screw up the track for the other guy. T&T guys know that they take lower priority to the competition racers and they know that they will likely have to wait when said cars break something and spew oil or other fluids all over the track. That's why T&T guys look for dates and times that do not have anything on the schedule. The point is that RSD came in last minute and claimed a date that many had been looking forward to as the first weekend where they wouldn't have to put up with the trailer queens. The event never even ended up on the schedule or the event calandar at the GLD website. Most of the T&T guys there had no idea RSD was going to be there. If they had, most wouldn't have wasted $30 to race. RSD pissed A LOT of people off that day.

T&T "street turds" have every bit as much right to be there as the "real" race cars. These are guys serious about having fast street cars that can still be used as daily drivers and want a safe and legal environment to, well, test & tune. We are not a bunch of yahoos with 17 second Hondas out for a lark. We've spent time effort and money planning and prepping our cars. All summer long we defer to the pure race cars and plan our visits to the track accordingly. The fall is our time. If you want to plan an event well in advance and it's on the schedule for at least a month, great, more power to ya; but to pull the rug out from under dozens of T&T guys with no warning was a really shitty thing to do.

TuffEnuff
10-28-2003, 11:15 AM
First off...did anybody get video of me doing the 600 ft. wheelie? (later twards the end of the night)

SECOND....*IF* you (or anybody else) goes to the track and gets ZERO passes you NEED to see Marcel....why?....because he will give you a refund OR at this time of year he will give you a rain check ( they dont give back money this time of year but a rain check is good for 365 days and can be used at any time)

Third...having a "street tire" only day would KILL the track and would take a LONG time to bring it back to life. I would say it's best for you guys to SPEND a little money and get some slicks.

You will ADD to the traction of the starting line and probably run you best times ever!

FOURTH.....*IF* you have a large group of cars that want to go to the track TALK TO MARCEL (or me) and we can arrange some staging lanes (like we did for RSD cars) for you. We can also let the track photographers know that you guys are a club and maybe get you a group photo or something.

When you talk to the owners you need to SIT down and talk....NOT just as they are passing by you in the food line.

....and as far as I am concerned......ALL cars are turds! It's just some are fast and some are slow. (for those of you who may have been offended by my remarks)

Now, I didnt see this chevelle... what happened? (I need to know this stuff)

TuffEnuff
10-28-2003, 11:31 AM
Blown GP

I KNOW FOR A FACT that Test and Tune cars got (at least) 6 to 7 rounds down the track.

That means *IF* you were there from the opening of the gates (which I did see some of you guys) you should have had NO problem getting at LEAST 5 runs in.

*I* was busy dealing with crap ALL day and STILL got 2 runs in myself.

RSD cars were ONLY brought out *AS A GROUP* for Both T&T annnnnndd Street races ONCE an hour.

ANNNNNDDDD because of the good weather we had,the late start because the track was wet when we got there,the water down from the blue camaro,ect.........we stayed open TWO extra hours.

So dont cry.....MOST of the other tracks would have closed for the day *IF* the track was as wet as ours was when we got there.

It Took THREE hours to dry that stupid thing WITH the JET DRIER!

And believe me, THAT is NOT cheap to run...even for ONE hour!

NOW, as far as the schedual is concerned...ANYTHING can (and will) happen as far as the last min. stuff. *IF* you guys had called ahead YOU would have been set up like RSD (and it wouldnt have made the schedual either).

Besides, there WAS supposed to be an Impalla club there that day with 40 cars that never showed up...so it could have been worse.

Getting 20 passes a day at a drag strip is Unrealalistic!!

If you get 5 to 7 you should consider that a good day.

If you expect more seat time ...you should go to Road America:thumbsup

BLOWN GP
10-28-2003, 01:34 PM
First off, I commend the efforts of the track personnel to dry the track off and to accomodate people by staying open longer. I wasn't complaining about that.

My point is that, if you post a schedule, people rely on that as accurate information. Your paying customers, both compeditive racers and T&T guys make their plans accordingly. Unscheduled groups of street cars showing up would not have tossed too big a monkeywrench in things and would have given us something cool to look at in the pits. Most of us like Impalas.

I also understand that the scheduling conflict cut both ways. The RSD guys were standing around waiting for us as much as we were waiting for them. and then we tore up their rubber to boot. That would have pissed me off if I had the kind of money and effort in my car that these guys do and I was there to try and win some serious cash. Most of us would have stayed away and left these guys alone had we known farther in advance that they were going to be there. The point is, the T&T guys didn't change their plans at the last minute.

RSD should do itself and fellow GLD patrons a favor in the future and plan things farther in advance, asking thiat their events be posted to the schedule so that compeditors and spectators alike could have more of a chance to make their plans.

TuffEnuff
10-28-2003, 02:06 PM
I understand what you are saying.

I'm just trying to tell you that the schedual was written a year before.

They only post T&T on there because it's a year away and the owners KNOW there will probably be some add -on's they just dont know for sure what it is when the schedual is printed.

So, like I said.....*IF* you club wants to have an outing at the track. TALK to marcel so he can arrange something for your group.

and then the T&T guys can complain about you then....;) :D

12secondGTP
10-28-2003, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the effort Tuff, RSD is a great time and I cann't wait till next year. For someone like me who has a set of slicks on order the drag cars will only help me out next year.

As far as the chevelle goes I guess he lost control and forced a fellow GP member into the wall. Other than that I wasn't there and don't know the details.

I will support your slicks only night, but one question does it matter if the car is front wheel drive or not?

Brent

TuffEnuff
10-28-2003, 07:45 PM
I'm not sure yet...the WHOLE idea is still unoffical

VixenGTP
10-29-2003, 07:08 PM
Uhmmmm...well no comment for the other stuff...:D
But I'm happy, I got a PB of 14.5, yes not as fast as the others but good enough for me that day and this year, from my 15.0 earlier this summer....

As for Scott, the Chevelle lost control and Scott being the defensive driver (and considerate for the other and himself's safety) instead of going on into the Chevelle over 100 miles an hour chose the guard rail instead!! It would of been UGLY!! If Scott had not done that. Of course the Chevelle and everyone else deserves to be there... Geeze... :rolleyes: But the point is after that, the guy in the Chevelle didn't even come over and say "Hey dude, sorry man...".... "are you all right??".... "How's the damage??"... "thanks for getting out of my way"... or even driving by with the bird...Anything...something...just packed up and took off.. Of course everyone there knew the consequences and rules, etc., just the moral factor that's all...But it's okay, Scott's okay, the Chevelle dude is obviously okay...but just crummy, that's all...crummy...:(

~ Kim ~

TuffEnuff
10-29-2003, 07:56 PM
so,let me get this straight.... BOTH cars went into the gaurdrail?

and this happened on saturday???

....hmmmm,I cant believe I missed it if it happened on Saturday!!!

:stare

Daytonapacecar959
10-29-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by TuffEnuff
so,let me get this straight.... BOTH cars went into the gaurdrail?

and this happened on saturday???

....hmmmm,I cant believe I missed it if it happened on Saturday!!!

:stare
No the Chevelle crossed the center line in front of the Grand Prix,then the Grand Prix hit the gaurdrail.

Brian98GTP
10-29-2003, 10:06 PM
BLOWN GP
Rookie

I was there too. Not quite as fast as Fred or Jeff, but I got a new PB of 13.418 @ 104.01 MPH

Except having to wait around for the Trailer Queens On Parade (RSD) and having some numb nuts in a 69 Chevelle who had no business being on a cold wet track with slicks run one of our guys off the track, it was a pretty good day.

I don't mean to go off on a rant.... but I always thought that a "street car" was one with current registration and plates that you actually drove to the track. It seems to me that common sense would dictate that if conditions are such that you cannot go down the track without fishtailing all over the place, you would put the damn thing back on the trailer and stop endangering yourself and the guy next to you.

Zipping up my Nomex suit...

The topic thats being discussed isnt about why the Chevelle Driver didnt go and see if Scott was alright,... Its about what I highlighted in bold which was something that BLOWN GP said...

Which was whether or not the Chevelle Driver was " SUPPOSE " to be on the track... Which OBVIOUSLY he was... People just cant accept the fact that there are others who paid to get in as well and are there to race.... Saying the " Trailer Queens " had
"No Business" being there is just STUPID...!!

Im sure we're all sorry about what happened to Scott, and Im sure we all agree that the Chevelle Driver should have been a little bit more concerned, but that isnt really the thing we're talking about... well, me anyways.. :rolleyes:

Somehow the topic went from Why people thought the " Trailer Queens" had a right to be there or not,... To, Why the Chevelle Driver didnt stop to see if Scott was OK or not... :confused

Oh well... whatever... Bottom line is...
If you pay your admission, sign the waiver, pass inspection, and the weather is permitting,... ANYONE CAN RACE !!
Therefore, the Chevelle had every right everyone else does to be there to race...just like the 18 Second Honda that thinks the Water Box is there to Clean off his Tires, and so he drives right through it...

Brian98GTP
10-29-2003, 10:09 PM
My post isnt aimed towards the posts about trying to find out what happened either.. .It was aimed towards the people that SAID what happened, with the intention to make a point... Like, defending the fact that the driver should have checked to see if Scott was OK.... I just wanted to point out that THAT isnt what the big "Debate" was, that was earlier in this thread.. if that makes sense..... :confused Oh well.... nevermind... lol

Syclone0044
10-31-2003, 10:41 PM
I wouldnt feel too bad; I'll bet the driver of the Chevelle drove out of there with his tail between his legs and red-faced and embarrassed... probably never to be seen the rest of the night.

BLOWN GP
11-02-2003, 11:10 PM
My point in making the statement about the Chevelle guy having no business being on the track was that one should know the limitations of your vehicle and err on the side of caution. Some of these seriously powerful cars with slick tires would push the limits of traction on a warm summer day with a bone dry track. We were running on a cold day on a track that, while the top was dry, still had water trapped in the porus surface. Pass after pass, many of these guys were having trouble keeping their cars straight.

For the record, I wasn't lumping the RSD guys into this statement; my beef with that whole mess whas the scheduling. The RSD guys were in a compeditive event, and were alongside fairly evenly matched cars. If there was a problem, the guy in the other lane would most likely be past the area before something crossed into his lane. What I was referring to is the guys with 9-10 second cars and slick tires who were lining up next to us slow "street turds" in the T&T lanes. They knew damm well that their traction was touchy at best that day and that if they lost it, the poor guy in the next lane would be driving right into it.

The street cars weren't endangering anyone; they were having no trouble keeping straight. If I ever felt my car get that loose on a 1/4 miule pass, I'd probably go straight to the pits, clean out my shorts, and put the thing back on it's trailer. I damn sure wouldn't tempt fate a second time.

BLOWN GP
11-02-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Brian98GTP

Oh well... whatever... Bottom line is...
If you pay your admission, sign the waiver, pass inspection, and the weather is permitting ,... ANYONE CAN RACE !!
Therefore, the Chevelle had every right everyone else does to be there to race...just like the 18 Second Honda that thinks the Water Box is there to Clean off his Tires, and so he drives right through it...

You said it yourself "weather permitting". For cars with tires designed to operate on significantly warmer and drier tracks, a 50 degree day after an all-night rain storm isn't quite "weather permitting".

SLOWC5
11-02-2003, 11:18 PM
I'm glad I'm not dumb.......

JEFF

Neal Steffek
11-02-2003, 11:21 PM
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!! :rockwoot:

BLOWN GP
11-02-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by 2FSTGTP

JEFF

Care to elaborate?

12secondGTP
11-03-2003, 08:26 AM

ROTFLMAO

12secondGTP
11-03-2003, 10:26 AM
Ya know Chris your comments here aren't getting you any where, you come on here and ***** about some guy who lost control at GLD and condem GLD for bad scheduling. Who are you to give GLD **** for anything. You IN MY OPINION are not even a real racer you said earlier that you spent all summer tuning and buying tools for the one day at the track and since they held a RSD there the same day all the time and money you spent was a waste. What if it would have rained that day and no one would have raced. Would you have complained to mother nature for raining on your day wasting your time. Come on man you act as though the track is there to satisfy yourself and no one else. You don't have that much done to your car so it can't be that hard to tune, try looking at Jeff's car that is way more complex then anything you have to deal with. But then again I don't know how hard it is to tune a car that runs on paint thinner.:devil

Another issue Tuff proposed a day for slicks only so the real racers don't suffer from idiots messing up the track and you reply by saying he has to have street tire day also. EVERY DAY IS A STREET TIRE DAY. If you didn't realize the people with slicks lay down rubber that helps every one else stick. Its the people with street tires that can't drive that fuck it up for everyone else.

I'm not trying to be a **** but you have to realize that your attitude of "my **** don't stink" wouldn't fly, you can't come on here and bad mouth everyone. GLD is there to make money and since you haven't been to an RSD I suggest you go to there site and download the movies because they are lot more fun to watch than a Grand prix running 13's

Another point when John Force crashes his Funny car do you go to NHRA and say that he has no business at the track. Drag racing is a dangerous sport so get used to it.

It's to bad this thread was about Jeff's PB which is pretty damn impressive and it turned into this.

Brent

Lakeside GTP
11-03-2003, 11:36 AM
I feel bad that this thread that was about Jeff's New PB became a thread about my misfortune with ending up into the guardrail.

I don't blame the track at all for what happened to my car. The chevelle was on street tires and locked up his brakes at the end of the track and then spun out in front of me. If I had been running street tires and not slicks I would have remained in control when avoiding him at 100 MPH. With the slicks I just slid sideways and ended up into the gaurdrail.

He obviously didn't try to spin out. The only thing I fault him for was taking off right after it happened. It would have been nice if he would have apoligized for what happened. Legally I know that the damages I suffered are not his fault even though he caused me to hit the wall. So basically I have to come up with $2200 to fix my car. I well, it still runs and drives fine.

12secondGTP
11-03-2003, 12:19 PM
Once again sorry for what happened Scott especially when you have other things to worry about right now. I wish some of the other WICGP members where as classy as you. Any way hope everything works out and see you next season at GLD:3gears: I hope the Brew City crew doesn't look down upon all of us Grand Prix drivers some of us do like to just race, plain and simple.

Brent

BAD LS1
11-03-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Lakeside GTP
I feel bad that this thread that was about Jeff's New PB became a thread about my misfortune with ending up into the guardrail.

I don't blame the track at all for what happened to my car. The chevelle was on street tires and locked up his brakes at the end of the track and then spun out in front of me. If I had been running street tires and not slicks I would have remained in control when avoiding him at 100 MPH. With the slicks I just slid sideways and ended up into the gaurdrail.

He obviously didn't try to spin out. The only thing I fault him for was taking off right after it happened. It would have been nice if he would have apoligized for what happened. Legally I know that the damages I suffered are not his fault even though he caused me to hit the wall. So basically I have to come up with $2200 to fix my car. I well, it still runs and drives fine.

Dude you live in Slinger????? Where at ???

Tom B

Lakeside GTP
11-03-2003, 03:04 PM
My fiance and I are building a house in Schleisinger village. The footings and the walls are done but I guess I won't actually be "living" there until April.

I always respect LS1's but I will be very careful not to get into a race with you.

Nice car.

BAD LS1
11-03-2003, 04:08 PM
I live out near Hartford more kinda off of HWY 175 between Slinger and St Lawrence.

What color is your car and is it 2dr or 4 dr so i know who to look for?

How much front damage did your car get? or was it mostly down the side?

Tom B

Lakeside GTP
11-03-2003, 04:44 PM
I have a metallic Green 2 door GTP.

The damage is to the left front fender, driver's door and rear quarter panel. The damage doesn't look too bad but It will still take many hours to fix it.

BAD LS1
11-03-2003, 05:40 PM
The bags did not deploy then evidently.... Which would have been another 2K or so.

BLOWN GP
11-04-2003, 12:03 AM
Ok, I didn't come here to start a fight, especially with fellow GPers. I'm not trying to come across as "my **** don't stink" at all. Those who've gotten to know me and spent some time turning a wrench with me will tell you I'm not that type of person and I will generally bend over backwards to help out a freind or fellow enthusiast if I can.

As far as the guy in the Chevelle goes, I was going on partially incorrect information, since I, like most of us there, heard what happened second or third hand. The way I had heard it he was on slicks and lost traction, crossing the center line. I hadn't heard about him locking up his brakes. It just seemed like a really shitty thing to do to run off like he did. As I thought about it I wondered if it was entirely wise to push the envelope when you know that traction is a problem. Moot point if he was on street tires and had a brake problem. The comparison between guys with street cars doing T&T runs and John Force, a compeditive funny car racer is apples and oranges. Not at all the same thing.

BLOWN GP
11-04-2003, 12:05 AM
As for the RSD thing, I don't disagree that it seems like a pretty cool event, even if they use the term "street" loosly.:rolleyes:
I was expressing the disappointment shared by many of those that had made plans and checked the schedule and come that day fully expecting that it was going to be nothing but an open T&T day, as the schedule had said. Yes, those of us who saw the announcement here did know a few days in advence, but by then it was too late. As I mentioned, many of us who are only interested in testing the performance of our cars, and not "racing" per se, defer to the compeditive racers and try to plan our trips to the track accordingly, to avoid conflict. That becomes impossible if the schedule is changed at the last minute.

For the record, I did not spend all summer buying tools and parts for one day at the track, nor did I consider said day a complete waste. In the month or so before the track day, here and there on weekends as I had time, I made a few changes to improve my performance. I wanted to knock a couple of tenths off of my PB at what I though would be my last trip of the season to the track. I finally got around to buying a scan tool and used it to see how my car was doing as I changed my plugs and dropped a pulley size. I wanted to make the point that I and others had spent time, effort, and money that we would have waited longer for or not spent at all (like money for race gas) in preparation for that particular day. In the end, I go a number of runs in and I did exactly what I set out to do and what I had thought the car was capable of; I just spent a lot more time standing around in the staging lines than I had bargained for.:(

Jeff, I'm sorry that this thread ended up as a ***** session and overshadowed your achievment. I certainly didn't want to offend you or piss you off. I do applaud you for what you've accomplished with the mods you've done. I'm particularily impressed with the intercooler you built for yourself. That was pretty cool.:thumbsup

Brent, I don't want to squabble with you either. You seemed like a really cool guy that time I met you on highway 100. I don't want to have you as an enemy. Makes club get-togethers akward.:argue :goof

My initial statement was just me venting some steam. Aside from being personally disapointed, I felt really bad for Scott in particular, and for the rest of the WICGP as a whole. I had been instrumental in proposing the idea and planning things and the day had ended up as a disaster for Scott, a kick in the ass for Neal, and a general disappointment for others. Personal setbacks don't bother me half as much as the idea that I've let others down. That is what drove my ill conceved rant. No more to it than that.

Truce? Four pages is more than enough for this topic.

Brian98GTP
11-04-2003, 12:21 AM
4 Pages ... Enough?? Come on....

Im sure we can squeeze out 5 !! :S: :D

Neal Steffek
11-04-2003, 12:22 AM
Truce? Four pages is more than enough for this topic.

Hell no, we have to go to at least 6 !!!! LOL :D

No one is pissy Blown GP, it's just internet bickering. Jeff and Brent still love you.:goof

Yea, it does seem that GLD really drops the ball a lot. But for soem stupid reason, everytime we go there, we always say "this is the last time I am going to be here, this place sucks, never again will I ever come back" Next thing you know, it's 2 weeks later and again, I wasted $30 and ended up standing around in the staging lanes for 7 hours to get 3 runs in (if I am lucky). When is someone going to open up a decent track close to Milwaukee?

We REALLY have to work on a trip to Byron in the spring!

Brian98GTP
11-04-2003, 12:23 AM
Oh yeah.. And Welcome to BCM SCOTT !! :thumbsup

TuffEnuff
11-04-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Neal Steffek
Hell no, we have to go to at least 6 !!!! LOL :D

No one is pissy Blown GP, it's just internet bickering. Jeff and Brent still love you.:goof

Yea, it does seem that GLD really drops the ball a lot. But for soem stupid reason, everytime we go there, we always say "this is the last time I am going to be here, this place sucks, never again will I ever come back" Next thing you know, it's 2 weeks later and again, I wasted $30 and ended up standing around in the staging lanes for 7 hours to get 3 runs in (if I am lucky). When is someone going to open up a decent track close to Milwaukee?

We REALLY have to work on a trip to Byron in the spring!

You think BOR-ON can get 300+ cars down the track any faster????

:rolf :rolf :rolf

Guys like you crack me up!!!!

You blame the TRACK for ALL your woes.....

My car doesnt hook = Tracks fault ( track didnt hook...even though I run street tires at a drag strip and make bald spots)

Lines are long = Tracks fault (I HARDLY got any runs in (7)....the track doesnt know what they are doing even though 300 cars showed up to hot lap just like me...ONLY taking a break to eat and take a leak.....DAMN TRACK!)

My car broke = Tracks fault (Track hooked TOO good and I wasnt ready)

I red lighted = (starter hit the switch too late ....I was already hitting the gas)

My car spun the tires all the way to the 1/8th mi. = Tracks fault (I wasnt about to take my foot off the gas until I crossed the finish line...No matter what!)

Or my favorite....

BYRON hooks better than the grove = Tracks fault (although I have never raced at byron at night....because they CANT race at night.....when the sun is not keeping the track warm....so, I dont really know what it WOULD be like if I raced there the SAME TIME of day as the grove.....)

Neal Steffek
11-04-2003, 02:10 PM
You think BOR-ON can get 300+ cars down the track any faster????

Yup, it has been proven that they can.

My car doesn’t hook = Tracks fault ( track didn’t hook...even though I run street tires at a drag strip and make bald spots)

many of us run DR's or slicks. We just put down a LOT of Tq.

Lines are long = Tracks fault (I HARDLY got any runs in (7)....the track doesn’t know what they are doing even though 300 cars showed up to hot lap just like me...ONLY taking a break to eat and take a leak.....DAMN TRACK!)

Yup, it is. Plain and simple, if they hired people with more then a 3rd grade education, they could figure things out. Name me one person who gets along with the grumpy old asshole who checks people in. I bet you can't.

My car broke = Tracks fault

HAHA! I never herd that one. I blew my dif at Norwalk Ohio from getting traction, and I never once complained about the track. Funny, I run many times at GLD, and all I do is spin tires. I go to Norwalk (IDD4), with only Grand Prix's and hook up so well, my diff goes.(what did you say? "even though I run street tires at a drag strip and make bald spots" Funny, the same people you claim make bald spots, were running all day and the track was still like glue.)

I red lighted = (starter hit the switch too late ....I was already hitting the gas)

I have more of a gripe with them hitting the button to soon at times.

My car spun the tires all the way to the 1/8th mi. = Tracks fault (I wasn’t about to take my foot off the gas until I crossed the finish line...No matter what!)

See above.

BYRON hooks better than the grove

Are you mad about this? If so, I am sure you know someone at GLD who can work on this.;) It is not hard to tell who ever owns GLD is in it only for the $ and could care less about the people. Everyone knows the owner only does what he needs to do to keep "up to code" and nothing else.

although I have never raced at Byron at night....because they CANT race at night.....when the sun is not keeping the track warm....so, I don’t really know what it WOULD be like if I raced there the SAME TIME of day as the grove.....)

Funny, we were at GLD on a Sat, and we were there during the day. Maybe GLD should be open during the day during the week. That would be a big step up in the eyes of many. Try it next year and see what happens. I bet you will be surprised.

Now I also want to say, yes, I bash GLD, and more then rightfully so. But TuffEnuff is a cool guy. I can only hope he takes this as constructive and helps them make a few changes next year to make GLD a better place.

Cryptic
11-04-2003, 05:17 PM
Name me one person who gets along with the grumpy old asshole who checks people in.

NO SH!T ! That guy is a complete asshole!

SLOWC5
11-04-2003, 07:08 PM
I'm not posting to degrade UG, I think there could be some improvements BUT. In spring I was at Byron for the Olds/monello drag day along with test and tune and A bike event, I made 15 passes that day. There were at least 80 bikes, at least 100-120 cars for test and tune and at least 100 for the OLDS day. So they do run the staging lanes better, they are always ready. They dont take a break everytime a car runs to watch it they have a constant flow and never a gap from the burnout box to the staging lanes.

I've been to Byron 3 times, twice for the olds/monello day and one day was one event that I can not remember. everytime I usually make a run, check my computer saved run and shoot the **** and then wait 30-45 minutes and run again. everytime I've made a minimum of 10 runs, and could ahve made more, except that I spend 2-3 hours watching usually.

I think UG would be better if a majority of the people cared about their job and wanted to move the cars. Too each there own. IF there is a only slick day I'll be there.

ALL IMO

JEFF

TuffEnuff
11-04-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by CrypticGTX
NO SH!T ! That guy is a complete asshole!

I cant argue much there....

Time to start a new thread.

*cracks knuckles*