PDA

View Full Version : Photoshoot & BCM vs State patrol pix

Heat Seeker WS6
05-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Joe, Ryan, Bob & I lined our cars up for some pics before heading back to Milwaukee.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/Heat_Seeker_WS6/Automotion%202008/IMG_3150.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/Heat_Seeker_WS6/Automotion%202008/IMG_3151.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/Heat_Seeker_WS6/Automotion%202008/IMG_3152.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/Heat_Seeker_WS6/Automotion%202008/IMG_3153.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/Heat_Seeker_WS6/Automotion%202008/IMG_3162.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/Heat_Seeker_WS6/Automotion%202008/IMG_3154.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/Heat_Seeker_WS6/Automotion%202008/IMG_3155.jpg

Holy Crap! :stare Alteeeeeeezas!
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/Heat_Seeker_WS6/Automotion%202008/IMG_3161.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/Heat_Seeker_WS6/Automotion%202008/IMG_3162.jpg

AND THEN.......

We're about 1/4 mile from our onramp to 90 and we're driving speed limit and NOT screwing around.......

State patrol got behind Joe & I and put his lights on. Him & I pulled over on a side street and the rest of our group pulled into a lot nearby to see what was going on.
Cop came to me and asked to see my side windows for tint & also if my exhaust was stock & what brand muffler I had. From there it was all downhill as he asked us to join the others in the lot they were sitting in.

With all our cars lined up, he went car to car asking if we had cats & other 'legal' stuff. Bob got the 3rd degree on his rear tires & I got my tinted 'metered'.

In the end about 45 minutes later we all got warnings for exhausts being too loud, I got window tint warning (Im too dark), Bob got Tire warning (lol @ drag radials), Joe & Ry got no-cat tickets I believe- the rest will chime in with more details. We did absolutely nothing to get pulled over and he was nit-picking at the cars looking for stuff.. OR waiting for us to flip out so he could go to town on us? Total BS in my opinion
Bob's car, being the newest and most 'stock' got the brunt of the cop's flack. BUT the cop did joke around with us & let us take pics of the ordeal.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/Heat_Seeker_WS6/Automotion%202008/IMG_3166.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/Heat_Seeker_WS6/Automotion%202008/IMG_3167.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/Heat_Seeker_WS6/Automotion%202008/IMG_3168.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/Heat_Seeker_WS6/Automotion%202008/IMG_3170.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/Heat_Seeker_WS6/Automotion%202008/IMG_3172.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/Heat_Seeker_WS6/Automotion%202008/IMG_3174.jpg

Our warnings & tix :)
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/Heat_Seeker_WS6/Automotion%202008/IMG_3175.jpg

That_Guy
05-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Congrats.

Breecher_7
05-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Thats ******* gay.......

Joking with you or not, that cop was either a asshole, or very bored.

slickwilly
05-18-2008, 06:38 PM
Psh, weak.

And wtf, since when are drag radials a ticketable offence? I thought the whole idea behind them was to be as sticky as possible while still being legal.

Reverend Cooper
05-18-2008, 06:39 PM
i bet both

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
05-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Bummer

Flicktitty
05-18-2008, 06:46 PM
nice pics.

but if those D/R's are DRAG RADIALS THE ARE LEGAL!

michelle
05-18-2008, 06:53 PM
They still have to abide by the 2/32" rule. But that was one picky State Trooper, but expected in that area during that event.

GTSLOW
05-18-2008, 07:12 PM
What a piece of ****.

MoCkiN U
05-18-2008, 07:35 PM
so wait. you guys pull over and the others stop out of courtesy to you guys to stay together in the cruise home and the cop lumps all of you together just because they stopped too. WTF DUDE!!! Thats shit right there.

The whole story is crap but to go after the other guys who stopped away from you is just crap

STANMAN
05-18-2008, 07:40 PM
First he told me they were not legal at all, then when I told him that they were DRAG RADIALS, not slicks, out came the tread depth checker. 1/32, legal is 2/32, so I didn't just get a warning, I got cited. $160, just like Joe and Ry for their lack of cats. The cop was "talking" nice and cool, but he was a grade "A" douche in my book. The cops were all salty because it rained Saturday night, so they couldn't get the big tickets going, so instead they nickeled and dimed eveyone as they tried to escape town. I mean I would BET that DR's are barely 2/32 when they get delivered, my DR's are only a year old, I don't do burnouts, ever, they are Nittos, which wear the best, I mean when he handed me the ticket I was like "REALLY"?????? Then he was asking "is the car supercharged?", to which I said "no", and he then asked "how much horsepower", and I told him "to much for the tires apperantly". By then I was PISSED and not in the mood for talking. It's shite like this that makes me not want to go next year. By the time we left (no more than 2 minutes after Captain Sausage ticketed all us, no lie), he already had a 4th gen Camaro pulled over. Douche.

05caddyext
05-18-2008, 08:02 PM
You are exactly right you did nothing at all. Oh wait. You all broke the law. No cats is a huge deal, you are lucky you didn't get much worse for that. Everyone knows that tinted windows are illegal also. Why do people bit$h so much when they know their cars are illegal? You are lucky they didn't nail you for not having a front plate also. That is also illegal in WI. I must have missed the part where the cop was the a$$hole for doing his job???

u_say_go
05-18-2008, 08:09 PM
You are exactly right you did nothing at all. Oh wait. You all broke the law. No cats is a huge deal, you are lucky you didn't get much worse for that. Everyone knows that tinted windows are illegal also. Why do people bit$h so much when they know their cars are illegal? You are lucky they didn't nail you for not having a front plate also. That is also illegal in WI. I must have missed the part where the cop was the a$$hole for doing his job???

quoted for troof

stowsea
05-18-2008, 08:14 PM
do you remember the cops name?

STANMAN
05-18-2008, 08:22 PM

GDIAF. I hope you get a ticket every time you go 1 mile over the speed limit sausage, lets see if you don't *****. I mean tire tread depth?? REALLY??? And John is the only person who DIDN'T get a ticket, so his illegal tint apperantly wasn't to illegal. And I didn't say he was being an a$$hole, he was polite and tried to be cool about it. I still think it was petty and he was being a douche. They have cops from as far away as Madison up there for this show, they all have to get paid somehow I guess, and if anyone tries to convince me ANY differently about us getting pulled over, they are in la-la land. I mean these are not "fix it" tickets, they are citations. Cop even told us "you don't have to fix anything, you just have to pay the fine". So yeah, he wasn't out to save the world from greenhouse gasses, he was just trying to make up for the lack of the high dollar burn out/racing tickets they couldn't issue Saturday night.

u_say_go
05-18-2008, 08:24 PM
he was just trying to make up for the lack of the high dollar burn out/racing tickets they couldn't issue Saturday night.

again, quoted for truth. that's their job dude.

STANMAN
05-18-2008, 08:33 PM
again, quoted for truth. that's their job dude.

Yep, and for the burnouts/drag racing you kind of take what's coming to you if you get caught, but this was just some BS. We were not even accelerating heavily, we weren't revving, we were just driving normally and this guy pulls John over, and motioned for Joe to also pull over. They pull over on a frontage road. Ry and I pull into a hotel parking lot to see what was up. We were out of our cars, our cars weren't running, and the cop just pulls them into the lot also and tickets us all. I mean I would BET that isn't legal. I will wait for Twigbert to chime in. To me it's not the money, I saved that much by not cruising Saturday night, lol, it's more the pettiness of it. I mean 99.9% of the cars up there would be more illegal than mine. When it's a huge show like this, you expect the cops to look away on some "major" stuff some of the time, and this whole situation was just petty beyond belief.

MoCkiN U
05-18-2008, 08:36 PM
To ticket cars in a parking lot he didnt pull over is crap to me. There is a point to doing a job succesfully and nit picking the shit out of someone as it appears he is doing here.

GRAMPS SS
05-18-2008, 08:38 PM
so the COOP didn't get a ticket this year....dammmmm....

sorry to hear about you guys....that is BS....just to pull ya over is profiling...you had a car that LOOKED fast and he pulled ya over....1980 i gota ticket at the street machine nationals in madison..no cat on the camaro...fine was more then what you got....

in the end...he was doing his job....not the right way...but still...doing his job....

u_say_go
05-18-2008, 08:45 PM
bob, i totally agree with you, it's BS that he issued tickets for minor stuff and issuing tickets to you guys who were parked in the lot- i'll talk to my brother about this and see what he says; he's a Wisconsin state patrol trained Kenosha PD officer.
I really dont get the whole ticketing guys for bogus infractions. My old man has been rolling the t-bucket down hwy 100 from layton to greenfield on wednesday nights for the past 8 years and has never even been looked at by those jagrag cops. No cats, no mufflers, no bumpers, no fenders, no front plate, hell...no operating doors or windows! meanwhile, guys are getting tickets for window tint.
bummer that your weekend was fouled up by a ghey cop.

86GUTLASS
05-18-2008, 08:52 PM
I was getting on the freeway to come home and on the on ramp i saw camaro with the plates dirty ls1 pulled over saw alot of state troopers out.

Cleveland Dave
05-18-2008, 08:56 PM
I was getting on the freeway to come home and on the on ramp i saw camaro with the plates dirty ls1 pulled over saw alot of state troopers out.
im glad we went up hwy 12 home saturday night...once we got out of the dells didnt really see any cops the rest of the way home

WickedSix
05-18-2008, 09:03 PM
honestly it is TOTAL BS..... BECAUSE they could have been issuing hundreds of dollars in violations to locals with the lifted pickups.... I have pictures of several that would fail about every suspension, bumper, and light law on the books... I thought they were bitchin trucks but picking on the performance cars sucks arse

wikked
05-18-2008, 09:07 PM
You are lucky they didn't nail you for not having a front plate also. That is also illegal in WI.

Don't worry, I got pulled over for that no less than 5mins before Hwy12.

Warnings for aftermarket exhaust, and failure to notify DMV of change of address.

SBC-Fox
05-18-2008, 09:38 PM

ok first off douche bag my cars registered up north at our cabin where theres no emissions there for i dont need them and i already called the state partol and talked with them about that im sick of your cock sucker mouth always flapping your trap with your stupid comments stfu you piece of shit and die in a fire you fucing a$$hole

it was a fucing car show weekend maby 25% of the show cars up there were street legal

Poncho
05-18-2008, 09:46 PM
so the COOP didn't get a ticket this year....dammmmm....

sorry to hear about you guys....that is BS....just to pull ya over is profiling...you had a car that LOOKED fast and he pulled ya over....1980 i gota ticket at the street machine nationals in madison..no cat on the camaro...fine was more then what you got....

in the end...he was doing his job....not the right way...but still...doing his job....

coop stayed home, so did I. Stuff like this is why.

SBC-Fox
05-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Also i know its already been said but stanman and i werent pulled over john and joe were we went the parking lot to wait so we didnt just ditch our boy and then the cop was like ohh well since they wanna stop they can join in getting some tickets to

Heat Seeker WS6
05-18-2008, 09:57 PM
From what I saw in my mirror, it looked like I was the one the cop was after from the way he was bobbing through our group. Bob & I were next to each other in the lead....although I truely dont know what the cops motive was since I OR anyone else was doing anything wrong to get pulled over. All weekend long we did our damndest to NOT break any laws on the street. The trooper took the time to fully explain to me how his window tint device works and showed me how its calibrated & etc. We compared its readings of my hatch & side windows to the ACTUAL receipt from when Blackout in South Milwaukee tinted the wondows of this car FOR THE PREVIOUS OWNER back in '96, which has the tint percantages. Yes- I do carry some of that stuff in the car because ya just never know.
The cop said thier was a descrepency of the readings to what the receipt/certificate says and deemed my tint as illegal and at that point & I was getting a fix-it ticket. He also decided my exhaust was illegal and Id have to 'correct' it. (LOL).
He said he wanted to see my cat, so get this... He got on his knees & tries to peer under the DRIVER'S side of the car!! (haha- good luck with that on my car cause it aint gonna happen) I told him the cat's under the passenger side footwell and can help him locate it. He told me, 'Wasn't necessary and saw what he needed to see" & that said he was done with my car. UMM OK alrighty then WTF?!?! :confused

WHY didnt he write me too? or actually TAKE the oppertunity to make real bank off of ALL of us? He sure as hell had that oppertunity.

THEN he moved onto the other cars as already stated that pulled into the lot out of courtesy to Joe & myself. There were 2 other 'normal' cars in our caravan.... but the cop could have cared less about them. Bob deserved NONE of the flack he was given. I damn near fell over when he got out the tread depth gauge LOOKING for that 1/32nd to deem his tires ilegal. He didnt bother looking at anyone elses tires. I think he simply didnt like Bobs car.

This, in my opinion was a good example of selective enforcement & showing preference.
Its unfortunate to say my friends would have been better off by just leaving me behind.

A B4C Z
05-18-2008, 10:09 PM
My buddie also got nailed. RIGHT before getting on the freeway. They were looking for ANYTHING. he got no cats ticket no front plate and window tint. was going to get one for exahust but he talked him out of it as he has the SLP decal on the door for the "factory" exhaust add on from SLP. The cop then also tried to make good small talk as to "how much were those tires" "what you do for a living" "do you own the place" no one wants to talk to someone that is giving them a ticket. Theres always a stubborn one but for christ sake if your not doing anything wrong i dont see the point of pulling anyone over. Sure we all have stuff thats illeagle but if your doing no harm i see no point to get nailed for it.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e143/97ZMeGo/n219706347_32307871_3900.jpg

MoCkiN U
05-18-2008, 10:15 PM
I always tell my boys, if we are cruising together and once of us gets pulled over grab the next exit and I'll meet you just get some distance between you and the cop because of shit just like this. Damn that sucks

Heat Seeker WS6
05-18-2008, 10:22 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e143/97ZMeGo/n219706347_32307871_3900.jpg

Umm.... I'll put $$ on that THAT was the car stopped within a minute of him releasing us. Whoever took that pic was on the freeway's shoulder. There was 1 or 2 bikes, pickup & car. We went on that ramp & passed you all before the 2nd cop arrived.

Firefighter Z
05-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Well it could have been worse John....

scaleracer
05-18-2008, 10:35 PM
that sucks! i like the stang with the orange hood! :shades

Mr Twigbert
05-18-2008, 10:38 PM
1) Even though the cop stopped 2 cars and he observed the other 2 driving on the street he can also address those.. He does not have to actually 'pull you over' in order to write you a ticket..

2) Be pissed at him.. Not all cops.. I think most of you know me and I'm anything but like that.. If anything, bring those fix it tickets to me and I will sign them..

It sux but they don't appreciate cars and horsepower like I do.. If you got a ticket then contact me and we can talk about the problem..

STANMAN
05-18-2008, 10:47 PM
I got a ticket for the tire tread depth, $160, it's a citation, not a fix it ticket.

SBC-Fox
05-18-2008, 10:48 PM
seann your a good guy and thats awesome you would sign them but there not fix it tickets there straight citations no way out acording to the state patrol

Firefighter Z
05-18-2008, 10:50 PM
1) Even though the cop stopped 2 cars and he observed the other 2 driving on the street he can also address those.. He does not have to actually 'pull you over' in order to write you a ticket..

Exactly what he said...

I seen someone evade this and it didn't turn out pretty, the person had gotten a whole bunch of business cards.

pOrk
05-18-2008, 11:24 PM
GDIAF. I hope you get a ticket every time you go 1 mile over the speed limit sausage, lets see if you don't *****. I mean tire tread depth?? REALLY??? And John is the only person who DIDN'T get a ticket, so his illegal tint apperantly wasn't to illegal. And I didn't say he was being an a$$hole, he was polite and tried to be cool about it. I still think it was petty and he was being a douche. They have cops from as far away as Madison up there for this show, they all have to get paid somehow I guess, and if anyone tries to convince me ANY differently about us getting pulled over, they are in la-la land. I mean these are not "fix it" tickets, they are citations. Cop even told us "you don't have to fix anything, you just have to pay the fine". So yeah, he wasn't out to save the world from greenhouse gasses, he was just trying to make up for the lack of the high dollar burn out/racing tickets they couldn't issue Saturday night.

I think they are trying to scare the Automotion crowd out of Lake Delton for good, last year was pretty bad and with the shitty weather this year they had fewer people and more officers to enforce EVERYTHING.

The tread depth gauge is pretty funny though, leave it to state patrol to waste their time on something as silly as that.

Syclone0044
05-19-2008, 01:40 AM
Man this is some of the worst bullshit I've ever read on here. I am truly sorry for every one of you poor bastards who got F@CKED with by the police this weekend. I know exactly what it feels like because I have been hassled by the police when doing nothing wrong, many times myself.

First thing's first - Never do the cop a favor by pulling over when you don't have to!! A cop can only pull one person over at a time, why would someone who the cop ISN'T behind, pull over for him? You could have called each others cell phones (presumably) and regrouped afterwards. I've been in that situation before, too. You feel like you're getting pulled over too since you're with your buddy, but you're really not (unless the cop pulls behind you).

F*ck that Automotion show.... Last time I went was a year or two ago and it went WAY downhill, the cops killed it mainly. I knew better than to waste my time there again this year, glad I didn't go!!! (obviously)

Syclone0044
05-19-2008, 01:55 AM

Screw you buddy! Was this cop your dad or something? (Or maybe you?) It sounds like the group of 4 was minding their own business when this dickhead cop decided to shit all over their day and ruin it. Have you ever exceeded the speed limit by 1 MPH? That's illegal too, so I'm hoping you get nailed for it by some power-tripping cop just like these poor guys did. Delete your account and GTFO of here, go join a church club or something... You got some nerve coming on a muscle car site and kicking members in the nuts when they are already down. :flipoff2:

The cops JOB is "To Protect and Serve", not to harass people not causing any trouble. But even if the cop's job WAS to harass people, it wouldn't make him any less of an ASSHOLE for doing it to them!

The reason the cop made jokes and small-talk was probably because deep down even he was ashamed at himself for putting the screws to someone like that..

Beagle
05-19-2008, 02:24 AM
DId the cop make you pop your hoods? did he look under the car for cat(s)? Bob i would fight that ticket. that sucks guys. thats not the way you want to end a fun weekend.

Syclone0044
05-19-2008, 02:33 AM
Good question. I'm not sure but I think popping your hood qualifies as volunteering to allow a search of your property. In other words you have a right to refuse unreasonable searches via 4th Amendment.

Beagle
05-19-2008, 06:31 AM
they would have asked me that stuff i would have said yeah theres cats on it (has no emissions on car). Then i would have said unless you think there are drugs underneath the hood then im not poping it. i dont care what they would have done to me.

SBC-Fox
05-19-2008, 09:30 AM
Screw you buddy! Was this cop your dad or something? (Or maybe you?) It sounds like the group of 4 was minding their own business when this dickhead cop decided to shit all over their day and ruin it. Have you ever exceeded the speed limit by 1 MPH? That's illegal too, so I'm hoping you get nailed for it by some power-tripping cop just like these poor guys did. Delete your account and GTFO of here, go join a church club or something... You got some nerve coming on a muscle car site and kicking members in the nuts when they are already down. :flipoff2:

The cops JOB is "To Protect and Serve", not to harass people not causing any trouble. But even if the cop's job WAS to harass people, it wouldn't make him any less of an ASSHOLE for doing it to them!

The reason the cop made jokes and small-talk was probably because deep down even he was ashamed at himself for putting the screws to someone like that..

your my hero lol:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

SBC-Fox
05-19-2008, 09:31 AM
nope beagle he asked everyone then got on the ground and looked under each car

Waver
05-19-2008, 09:54 AM
Don't worry, I got pulled over for that no less than 5mins before Hwy12.

Warnings for aftermarket exhaust, and failure to notify DMV of change of address.

I thought that was you.....saw you puled over on the way to the dells on saturday...........I was doing 80 when the radar went off, slowed down, and then saw you on the side ofthe road...........that sucks, I tought you might of been stoped for speeding or somthing, not somthing gay like that.

Josepy
05-19-2008, 10:04 AM
man i must have got lucky then. if i would of been pulled over i would have a bunch of tickets also. actually all 7 cars that came up with us would of had tickets. didnt know the cops were that big of dicks up there.

*SNOOP*
05-19-2008, 10:05 AM
The young lady in the picture got a ticket too?

michelle
05-19-2008, 10:09 AM
The young lady in the picture got a ticket too?

You are such a gentlemen with that "young lady" part. (:

When Bob was telling me this story yesterday, he mentioned a girl getting a seatbelt ticket. Maybe that was her.

Waver
05-19-2008, 10:11 AM
It is bullshit what happened to you guys........When JP told me aobut it right before we were about to leave the dells, I was like NO way that is bullshit. Still think it is. However, like Twibgert said, the officer can pull over as many vehicles as he wants at one time, I know this for a fact. That and if he sees anything that might look like it might be illegal with any vehicles that are near by (with the owners by them) he can look over them as well......For instance, bobs car looks modded, and ry, your hood says modded (somthing that I found out when I had the cowl hood on the 88.) What he got your cars for was totally minor to some of the stuff that I saw while up there, and I find that in its self bullshit....he could of spent his time going after some of those people instead...I am just happy that I didnt see that many cops when I left (took the same way as you guys did) as I kow he would of sited me for my tires and tint.

*SNOOP*
05-19-2008, 10:15 AM
You are such a gentlemen with that "young lady" part. (:

I try to be:thumbsup

torque.hit
05-19-2008, 10:47 AM
I will never ever respect an officer or department that chooses revenue over protection. period. Caddy, I hope you get picked up for everything you do wrong.

lilws6
05-19-2008, 10:53 AM
i like the stang with the orange hood! :shades

thats gay joe lol he lives bout a mile out from me good thing i had to work or i would have been sited for alot tinted tails no cats loud exhaust probably the tint on my rear window thats peeling lol. or if i would have taken the bike would have gotten a tire ticket or exhaust ticket or even the fact that my plates moved. thats messed up when i could name all the things that cop could have pulled me over for being so picky. I'm shure grandma wasn't doing 80 down the freeway when he spotted you guys its just wrong in my opinion

ND4SPD
05-19-2008, 11:02 AM
What were the statutes referenced on your tickets? Maybe we can find out if there's a standard procedure for writing those tickets up. If he deviated and made "assumptions" you might be able to get them thrown out.

SBC-Fox
05-19-2008, 11:05 AM
my ticket description states"no catalytic converter" my warning states "illeagle aftermarket exaust"

Waver
05-19-2008, 11:08 AM
Illegal my ass, considering where the car is registered, you dont need to worry about a cat, and fot that matter, I didnt think your exhaust was all that loud....I know it has been a while, but I didnt think you did any exhaust changes...and I think (I cant remember) that it was just as loud as the 88 that i had, if not quieter........total bullshit

SBC-Fox
05-19-2008, 11:12 AM
it will be loud when i get joesepys mufflers under it but no its not loud at all until like 4 or 5 grand sounds stock on idle its registered way up north non emisions car is correct it was just un called for is how i feel

SBC-Fox
05-19-2008, 11:13 AM
the state patrol claims that any aftermarket exaust must me as quiet or quieter than the day the car left the show room floor

Waver
05-19-2008, 11:14 AM
it will be loud when i get joesepys mufflers under it but no its not loud at all until like 4 or 5 grand sounds stock on idle its registered way up north non emisions car is correct it was just un called for is how i feel

I agree....to me I think he just saw your car, saw the hood and was like "I can get this guy for somthing"

slickwilly
05-19-2008, 11:20 AM
I assume you have to be careful about arguing where the car is registered because I'm sure the judges and cops are all well aware of the loophole.

But you may be able to do some bitching because it's pretty damn hard to see the cats on some cars, and it's possible that the cop doesn't where the cats are supposed to be. Did he whip out a decibel meter to measure the sound?

Waver
05-19-2008, 11:25 AM
I assume you have to be careful about arguing where the car is registered because I'm sure the judges and cops are all well aware of the loophole.

But you may be able to do some bitching because it's pretty damn hard to see the cats on some cars, and it's possible that the cop doesn't where the cats are supposed to be. Did he whip out a decibel meter to measure the sound?

I am willing to guess no....I am willing to bet that he did the visual inspection......it is easy to guess that if you dont have cats on your vehicle that your exhaust will be louder than stock.........One reason why when I get a x pipe for the 04 I will invest in getting the one with the high flow cats.

slickwilly
05-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Just get some stock cats hollowed out and welded in. ;)

Waver
05-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Just get some stock cats hollowed out and welded in. ;)
For me to do that I will have to get the check engine eliminators, obdII has its disadvantages...Besides, there really is no difference in hp with the high flow cats.

88Nightmare
05-19-2008, 12:12 PM
not that im tryin to piss on anyones corn flakes, but I thought someone told me even if your car is registered up north you still need catalytic converters on it, registering up north just means you don't have to pass emissions testing.... Hey I could have heard wrong, I just wanted someone to clarify this for me.

05caddyext
05-19-2008, 12:17 PM
It is illegal to remove emission parts on a car no matter where it is registered. Just because it does not have to pass a test, doesn't mean that it is legal to remove parts.

STANMAN
05-19-2008, 12:44 PM
It is illegal to remove emission parts on a car no matter where it is registered. Just because it does not have to pass a test, doesn't mean that it is legal to remove parts.

It's not illegal. Mine and I am sure everyone elses were failing and needed to be replaced. I decided to go with a CARB legal high flow version. :thumbsup

Again, go crawl back under whatever bridge it is you came from troll. Like someone else said, go join a church glee club or something, because you don't belong on a car enthusiast website.

88Nightmare
05-19-2008, 12:54 PM
considering I want to put headers and a cat-less y pipe on my silverado, im not one to downtalk someone else who has done the same to any vehicle they own

pnad
05-19-2008, 01:06 PM

Hate to say it, but pretty sure he is right on this one.

I would have been screwed if I drove my car up there. I don't even know what a cat looks like anymore. :)

Beagle
05-19-2008, 03:55 PM
im thinking i would have gotten alot of tickets and warnings if i would have went this year. But they wouldnt have been able to see under my car. Oh wait id prolly get a ticket for the car being to low.

STANMAN
05-19-2008, 04:55 PM
im thinking i would have gotten alot of tickets and warnings if i would have went this year. But they wouldnt have been able to see under my car. Oh wait id prolly get a ticket for the car being to low.

He probably has a measuring tool for that to:rolf

When he got out the tread depth checking tool, you could have knocked me over with a feather, I just couldn't believe it.

Yellow2k1vette
05-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Just curious, how much were the no cat tickets...and does it specify a a WI statute # on the ticket?

It is just a generic "modified exhaust" ticket, or something more severe?

:haveabeer

ricksws7
05-19-2008, 06:48 PM
I feel bad for you guys. I WOULD NEVER GO TO THIS. They would have a field day on my car. I do not run a front plate on any of my cars gay law but I could get a ticket for it. Rick

STANMAN
05-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Just curious, how much were the no cat tickets...and does it specify a a WI statute # on the ticket?

It is just a generic "modified exhaust" ticket, or something more severe?

:haveabeer

It was a $160 ticket, don't know the wording on theirs.

Cleveland Dave
05-19-2008, 07:05 PM
is the front plate thing at least a fix-it or is that a fine as well?

STANMAN
05-19-2008, 07:06 PM
is the front plate thing at least a fix-it or is that a fine as well?

None of us got anything for front plates suprisingly, as I don't think any of us have them:rolf

Cleveland Dave
05-19-2008, 07:35 PM
gotcha well thats good since thats the only thing i had to worry about up there.

SmokinRAM114
05-19-2008, 07:52 PM
a cop came up to me after i rolled on some smoke at a light and told me that its a disorderly conduct of a vehicle and a $500 fine. he sayed i think ur truck is sweet the stacks are cool but consider this a verbal warning. im asuming you must not have read the "rules" posted. i said rules? nope didnt know, its a diesel, it smokes. he was just dont do it again.

TURTLE
05-19-2008, 08:25 PM
total bs.... i was gonna head out there saturday night, but i guess the neon would have been on the lighter side of the ticketable offenses... no front plate and possibly a tint fix-it... but everything else would jive, even up to the aftermarket engine computer... "see mr. prick officer, it has a CARB exempt sticker on it, and my check engine light is not on, so i'm following the law"... bwahahahahahahahahahaha

can't imagine what they'd try to do to the '86 'rolla:goof

lilws6
05-19-2008, 08:27 PM
I am willing to guess no....I am willing to bet that he did the visual inspection......it is easy to guess that if you dont have cats on your vehicle that your exhaust will be louder than stock.........One reason why when I get a x pipe for the 04 I will invest in getting the one with the high flow cats.

I'm not 100 % shure but even if you go with high flow cats i believe you will need the O2 simulators i have them on the ws6 and pass emissions the way the car sits. technicly is also illegal to have the cats moved from there factory location as well so us fbody guys can't really win unless we get shorties witch give us minimal gain in power

STANMAN
05-19-2008, 09:10 PM
total bs.... i was gonna head out there saturday night, but i guess the neon would have been on the lighter side of the ticketable offenses... no front plate and possibly a tint fix-it... but everything else would jive, even up to the aftermarket engine computer... "see mr. prick officer, it has a CARB exempt sticker on it, and my check engine light is not on, so i'm following the law"... bwahahahahahahahahahaha

can't imagine what they'd try to do to the '86 'rolla:goof

Oh, me and him got into it about CARB. He asked if I had modded my exhaust, to which I replied "of course, and it's all 50 state CARB legal", to which he replied "I am not an emmsions officer, if it's louder than the way it rolled off the line in Detroit (and I stepped in to remind him that Mustangs are built in Flat Rock, not Detroit, lol. By this time I was beyond caring and was just getting pissed) it's illegal altered exhaust".

Talked to his supervisor tonight who told me there's no way he would have done what this officer did, or how he did it, but there's also no way he can make the ticket "dissapear" once it's written.

Voodoo Chick
05-20-2008, 02:07 AM
About the illegal-to-remove-cats discussion, I was told (this applies ONLY to 20+ year old cars) that if you get hobbyist plates on the car, and have the title changed, you can do damn near whatever you want to the car, including cut parts off. I have hobbyist plates on one of my cars, and the "special plates department" person I spoke tp assured me that now that the car's title is classified under "street-modified" the sky is pretty much the limit. I am assuming, however, that there is no plate available for the younger cars not eligible for hobbyist plates. Maybe I'm wrong, though?

Syclone0044
05-20-2008, 12:24 PM
I looked it up yesterday. http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers/vehicles/personal/special/hobbyist.htm

Types of hobbyist vehicles:
Street modified vehicles

* Vehicle must be at least 20 years old.
* Vehicle may be modified from the original manufacturer's specifications.
* Vehicle can still be recognized as the original year and make.
* Vehicles are typically known as "hot rods" or "street rods."

torque.hit
05-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Is it hard to get hobbyist plates for a car? I heard that insurance companies aren't too fond of them either.

Karps TA
05-20-2008, 12:39 PM
I've got hobbyist plates on my TA, and they were no different then getting any other kind of plate. Heck they even sent the plates to my real address, not the one I was using to get past emissions the previous 5 years.

I think I paid $125. Considering you never have to renew them it's a great deal.

torque.hit
05-20-2008, 12:44 PM
I'll have to apply for some when I get my 81 on the road. $125 one time sure does beat $75 per year.

Syclone0044
05-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Any caveats/tradeoffs to the hobbyist plates? Mileage limitations? Do you still need a front plate? In 2011 my Syclone will be eligible.

CobraSnake
05-25-2008, 12:21 PM
why were you all on your cell phones at the same time???
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/Heat_Seeker_WS6/Automotion%202008/IMG_3174.jpg

lit666
05-25-2008, 04:25 PM
why were you all on your cell phones at the same time???

They were all calling Twig to get that sausage leo to leave them alone.

michelle
05-25-2008, 05:48 PM
I think they were all calling their Moms before the officer did.

-stew-
06-06-2008, 02:13 PM
I hate super troopers...

January of '06; 90/94 just north of Madison, doing 80 in a 65. Its about 9am. I'm in my '92 Prelude (it's been rolled over and the only straight panel is the trunk lid and it has dough nuts down the side where I got sideswiped by an Excursion) I get pulled over. Trooper walks up I hand him my Military ID, he hands it right back...

"That is not a valid Wisconsin drivers license. Were are you going and why are you going so fast? The speed limit is 65mph, I clocked you at 80."

"I'm going to Gunderson Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse. My mothers doctor called me this morning and told me to get there asap." I hand him my dl.

"Please wait here, and I will return in a minute with your citation and you can be on your way."

Went to fight it in court, the guy before me was a soldier as well, just got back from Iraq, trooper hits him for 11 over, or something stupid like that. Judge didn't care. I was going to be with my dying mother, judge didn't care.

Pay your fines, thats the only thing they care about.

Two troopers sitting talking to each other never noticed me honking my horn and flashing my lights to get their attention be cause the woman in front of me was dddddddaaaaaarrrrrrruuuuunnnnkkkkkkkk. I had already called 911 but she had just crossed into Waukesha county. I was behind her for about 10-12 miles simply for the fact I have never seen a bad car wreck, and I wanted to.

This passed Memorial Day weekend on Saturday, I was doin 75 in a 65, had a trooper pull next to me, look at me and wave; I waved back, he then immediately got behind me and hit the lights. I got a warning for not carrying my dl.

"The speed limit

CobraSnake
06-06-2008, 02:56 PM
I hate super troopers...

January of '06; 90/94 just north of Madison, doing 80 in a 65. Its about 9am. I'm in my '92 Prelude (it's been rolled over and the only straight panel is the trunk lid and it has dough nuts down the side where I got sideswiped by an Excursion) I get pulled over. Trooper walks up I hand him my Military ID, he hands it right back...

"That is not a valid Wisconsin drivers license. Were are you going and why are you going so fast? The speed limit is 65mph, I clocked you at 80."

"I'm going to Gunderson Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse. My mothers doctor called me this morning and told me to get there asap." I hand him my dl.

"Please wait here, and I will return in a minute with your citation and you can be on your way."

Went to fight it in court, the guy before me was a soldier as well, just got back from Iraq, trooper hits him for 11 over, or something stupid like that. Judge didn't care. I was going to be with my dying mother, judge didn't care.

Pay your fines, thats the only thing they care about.

Two troopers sitting talking to each other never noticed me honking my horn and flashing my lights to get their attention be cause the woman in front of me was dddddddaaaaaarrrrrrruuuuunnnnkkkkkkkk. I had already called 911 but she had just crossed into Waukesha county. I was behind her for about 10-12 miles simply for the fact I have never seen a bad car wreck, and I wanted to.

This passed Memorial Day weekend on Saturday, I was doin 75 in a 65, had a trooper pull next to me, look at me and wave; I waved back, he then immediately got behind me and hit the lights. I got a warning for not carrying my dl.

"The speed limit

It sounds like your comparing a totally different situation then these guys had. Sounds like you were speeding and they pulled you over??? Which I don't feel is being a "super trooper". Or am I wrong???

stenchmiester
06-06-2008, 03:06 PM
hey bob joes 91 is my old car

STANMAN
06-06-2008, 05:27 PM
hey bob joes 91 is my old car

People were asking if it was yours, lol.

stenchmiester
06-06-2008, 05:40 PM
lol yep that car moved for a small combo that it had

-stew-
06-06-2008, 09:12 PM
It sounds like your comparing a totally different situation then these guys had. Sounds like you were speeding and they pulled you over??? Which I don't feel is being a "super trooper". Or am I wrong???

1: I presented him a Military ID, it's not a get out of jail free card; but it usually draws out "professional courtesy" from law enforcement.

2: I was going to the hospital to be with my dying mother, for God sakes.

3: It wasn't meant to be a comparison, just more examples of needle dicks in a
silly hats.

flyin_blue_egg
06-06-2008, 09:36 PM

are you a cop or something b/c you sound like it....state troopers are notorious for doing sh!t like this, they nit pick for everything and usually ticket for anything they find...i bet if he would have seen a bunch of benz's or the like with no cats and tint and DR's he wouldn't have said shit!

brewcity_mach1
06-06-2008, 09:39 PM
that sucks! i had to take my car to get emissions done on it. passed with no cats. the car sat to low for them to get the mirror underneath it.

brewcity_mach1
06-06-2008, 09:40 PM
i mean, to drive your car 5-6 months out of the year, and have to deal with that. its b.s.

Berettaspeed
06-08-2008, 10:39 AM
I honestly look at it like this. Its a price we pay to have "nice" cars. It does suck though. i think i have had at least 10 no front plate tickets, 4 expire plates last year(hense) no driving the car anymore til july :) ) This is another reason i dont have tint. exhaust i have a converter shell around my pipes :) but no muffler.

I do think it really sucks that the rest of you got tickets. what a :loser