PDA

View Full Version : Came across this vid on another site (Obama)

johnny--2k
05-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Thoughts?

http://www.eyeblast.tv/Public/Video.aspx?rsrcID=2036

Yooformula
05-17-2008, 12:49 PM
I didnt need that video to know that I wasnt voting for him.

johnny--2k
05-17-2008, 12:51 PM
haha, that's what I thought too, but it still puts a lot of it into perspective. Never really dug that much into his background, just what I heard snippets of here or there.

nitrous
05-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Just another Michael Moore?

oneslowcamino
05-17-2008, 01:05 PM
To me some of that is kind of a stretch, but w/e.

That_Guy
05-17-2008, 01:38 PM
ron paul...

johnny--2k
05-17-2008, 01:39 PM
haha, I agree with the stretch on some things, but still kind of interesting nonetheless

nismodave
05-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Makes you think.

That_Guy
05-17-2008, 02:10 PM
Makes you think.

the only thing i can think about is those sweet honey buns in your sig.:rolf

Mr Twigbert
05-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Still not gonna vote for him..

USMARINE1108
05-17-2008, 02:51 PM
It's been floating around for awhile. I also think it makes a few far streches, but still makes very good points.

Reverend Cooper
05-17-2008, 02:56 PM
if a dem is put in office i may have to move to Canada. Pulling troops out of terrorist countries and sitting downa nd bargaining with them = USA FTMFL

lordairgtar
05-17-2008, 04:21 PM
I thought Al Gore invented the internet. :rolf

70challenger452
05-17-2008, 07:16 PM
man I hate obama, if that guy gets elected he is going to drive this counrty straight into the ground

Breecher_7
05-17-2008, 07:40 PM
Were screwed no matter who gets in office. I guess the saving grace here is that it REALLY doesnt matter who is the president. All they are is a face person and a puppet anyways.

Cryptic
05-17-2008, 10:45 PM
if I was him I'd change my mother f'n name(s)....

I dont see what the guy has to offer honestly...

Al
05-18-2008, 01:07 AM
Were screwed no matter who gets in office. I guess the saving grace here is that it REALLY doesnt matter who is the president. All they are is a face person and a puppet anyways.

I agree with you on that.

VroomPshhTsi
05-18-2008, 08:10 AM

So true. I don't get why people say "if so and so gets elected I'm moving to Canada" or "we are sooo screwed, the terrorists are going to just walk into America and kill us all"... honestly, it's still America, times will be down but then they will go up. People said they'd leave if Bush was elected and yet they are still here. We are still the greatest nation, if you don't like the democratic process then leave. This is a generally conservative board, what reactions did you expect? I personally don't like any of the candidates this election but I'm not going to say if ___ gets elected then OMG the world will end.

Karps TA
05-18-2008, 09:19 AM
I'm glad to see it was another Rev Wright/Obama related video. Because now I know that if you're associated with something, that means you share all of that other things beliefs automatically. So those of you who go to catholic church are obviously pro pedofiles and molestation of children. Because the Catholic church has allowed it for so long, and kept the priests around who were doing it. So since you go to the church, you then are all for pedofiles.

The internet is the worst thing to happen to an election.

T-Bag
05-18-2008, 11:41 AM
That video is a ******* joke. I wantd to stop watching it once they started ZOMG HIS NAME HAS 3 ISLAMIC NAMES. I ended up turning it off during the reverend wright stuff.

I'm not saying i'm voting for him, but that video is an absolute joke.

Some people are swayed way too easily for shit made up on the internet.

Smokey1226
05-18-2008, 12:38 PM
The power of us People, out power and one man or one woman who is chose for the President position. You can't rule a country if the people don't follow. So really idc who gets in because if we don't like something, we change it.

However on that note, I hate that POS Obama

Voodoo Chick
05-18-2008, 10:56 PM
I really don't like Obama, and I don't like ol' Hilary, either.......what happened to Ron Paul? Is he still running? I don't keep up with this stuff nearly as much as I probably should, but Ron Paul seemed like a really good guy.

W1CK3D SAINT
05-18-2008, 11:17 PM
The video does raise some "points," but I don't really know how valid they are. Sure, some of the topics can cause some people to become a bit worried, but I don't understand how any sane thinking person could view that as anything other than propaganda to discredit and devalue whatever positive things that Obama brings to the table. It makes itself very obvious as a pro-republican video when it begins praising McCain at the end. No, I'm not trying to praise Obama or Democrats (I actually voted for Bush. Let the hate mail begin :rolf). I just believe in being fair and I absolutely hate the mudslinging that goes hand-in-hand (unfortunately) with political races. Ok, I'll stop yammering now lol You are all free to take whatever it is that you want from that video. I just wish you all a good life, good health, and a good night.

Sorry, I didn't know how else to end this inane, psychotic rambling.

pOrk
05-18-2008, 11:18 PM
Didn't watch the video, not voting for that moron.

Ron Paul

WickedSix
05-19-2008, 12:12 AM
I'm glad to see it was another Rev Wright/Obama related video. Because now I know that if you're associated with something, that means you share all of that other things beliefs automatically. So those of you who go to catholic church are obviously pro pedofiles and molestation of children. Because the Catholic church has allowed it for so long, and kept the priests around who were doing it. So since you go to the church, you then are all for pedofiles.

The internet is the worst thing to happen to an election.

the difference is the Catholic church doesn't preach those things as its CORE VALUES ..... I have no beef with any religion that teaches mutual respect and is centered around a peaceful moral life. Pan-africanism and black liberation ideals are dangerous because they seek to insight people to the level of violence in the name of religion.

Al
05-19-2008, 12:25 AM
the difference is the Catholic church doesn't preach those things as its CORE VALUES ..... I have no beef with any religion that teaches mutual respect and is centered around a peaceful moral life. Pan-africanism and black liberation ideals are dangerous because they seek to insight people to the level of violence in the name of religion.

That's deep. I'm going to quote you to a few people.

Syclone0044
05-19-2008, 01:27 AM
I really don't like Obama, and I don't like ol' Hilary, either.......what happened to Ron Paul? Is he still running? I don't keep up with this stuff nearly as much as I probably should, but Ron Paul seemed like a really good guy.

Yeah he's still technically in, but McCain has got the majority of the delegates locked in to become the Republican nominee. And Ron Paul said he's not interested in a 3rd party run.

That didn't keep his new book from topping the Amazon and New York Times Bestseller lists at #1 lately though. :thumbsup

Breecher_7
05-19-2008, 05:51 AM
The problem is that this election is more 'race' based then anything else. I work with alot of black (i dont believe in the term african american, your american, plain and simple, if you want to be african, go to africa) people and they are all voting for obama because of his race, it has nothing to do with his political standpoint. Plus, most of these people have NEVER voted before in there lives, but just because they see an opportunity to put a black president in the white house they are now voting.

Its really kind of sad actually.

And this is not a "racist" comment to you thin skinned people here, just simply what I am observing and being told by fellow co-workers that are voting for him.

Karps TA
05-19-2008, 06:42 AM
Its really kind of sad actually.

Not any sadder then the people refusing to vote for him because of his race, or his name.

johnny--2k
05-19-2008, 10:39 AM
couldn't agree more. It's a lose-lose situation no matter how we look at it. On the one hand, I think Obama would be a change for once in the office, but on the other hand, when Bill was pres, Hillary pretty much had him by the balls and ran the country through him, so she's not a bad choice either. It pretty much comes down to picking the "lesser of two evils" if you want to put it that way. I'm still on the fence on which way I'm going to go, but there is still a decent amount of time left to see how things pan out for each candidate.

FASTZ2895
05-19-2008, 11:17 AM
couldn't agree more. It's a lose-lose situation no matter how we look at it. On the one hand, I think Obama would be a change for once in the office, but on the other hand, when Bill was pres, Hillary pretty much had him by the balls and ran the country through him, so she's not a bad choice either. It pretty much comes down to picking the "lesser of two evils" if you want to put it that way. I'm still on the fence on which way I'm going to go, but there is still a decent amount of time left to see how things pan out for each candidate.

All hell could Obama be so bad as the next President. Hell we made it with the G Bush in office. Obama will be the next President. If the american people would not look at his color. If Obama was born white there would no question about voting for him. I will it at that:headbang

johnny--2k
05-19-2008, 12:24 PM
well said....well said for sure!

VroomPshhTsi
05-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Not any sadder then the people refusing to vote for him because of his race, or his name.

Quoted for the truth.

People voting against Obama b/c of his race and/or name = 2-3 times as many that are going to vote for him b/c he is black.

Knyghtmare
05-19-2008, 01:01 PM
And all the mindless liberal fags are voting for their piece of shit...

SlowStee
05-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Denying that there are good points made in that video, would be ******* irresponsible.

Knyghtmare
05-19-2008, 01:16 PM
I dont give a **** if he was white and his name was George Washington Smith.... if his color and his name were the ONLY things difference about him he would still be a piece of shit.

GTSLOW
05-19-2008, 02:18 PM
I dont give a **** if he was white and his name was George Washington Smith.... if his color and his name were the ONLY things difference about him he would still be a piece of shit.

Quoted for the dam truth!

VroomPshhTsi
05-19-2008, 03:03 PM
And all the mindless liberal fags are voting for their piece of shit...

Thatta kid, group all liberals into one stereotypical group... I love the maturity level on this board:rolleyes:. Atleast people like Breecher can be mature and half-respectful in their posts.

Note: I am NOT voting for Obama so I'm not here to endorse him. I live on campus here in Madison so I have to put up with the bull$hit parades and protests every week. Trust me, if anyone is sick of hippies whining about the war it's me.

Prince Valiant
05-19-2008, 03:10 PM
That didn't keep his new book from topping the Amazon and New York Times Bestseller lists at #1 lately though. :thumbsupL. Ron Hubbard's Dianetic's was number 1 for years...doesn't mean he wasn't a batshit crazy f-tard who led a cult.

Knyghtmare
05-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Thatta kid, group all liberals into one stereotypical group... I love the maturity level on this board:rolleyes:. Atleast people like Breecher can be mature and half-respectful in their posts.

Note: I am NOT voting for Obama so I'm not here to endorse him. I live on campus here in Madison so I have to put up with the bull$hit parades and protests every week. Trust me, if anyone is sick of hippies whining about the war it's me.

I went to school in Madison sonny boy, I did my time in Liberal hell. Dont start preaching to me like your oh so wise and the pinical of maturity. I will be as blunt and stereotypical as I want to. Liberals are all the same, weak minded and led along on a leash. You want to group your little Madison liberal friends into your own little click sub-catagories, good for you, thats your choice.

Syclone0044
05-19-2008, 03:26 PM
L. Ron Hubbard's Dianetic's was number 1 for years...doesn't mean he wasn't a batshit crazy f-tard who led a cult.

Well, "Dianetics" is based on the idea that humans descended from space aliens planted in volcanos.

Ron Paul's book is based on the idea that we should spend money wisely, curtail the size of government, and promote individual responsibility above nanny-state laws.

There's a big difference to me, maybe not to you? :confused

Prince Valiant
05-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Well, "Dianetics" is based on the idea that humans descended from space aliens planted in volcanos.

Ron Paul's book is based on the idea that we should spend money wisely, curtail the size of government, and promote individual responsibility above nanny-state laws.

There's a big difference to me, maybe not to you? :confusedI don't know why you think that I was comparing the content of the two books? For that matter then, why did you get what dianetics is about so wrong?

The point you miss is that it's pretty easy to get a #1 on the Times bestseller list when you more or less lead a cult following. It was a fairly good zing, but sadly the type that cult followers are oblivious too, lol.

VroomPshhTsi
05-19-2008, 03:48 PM
I went to school in Madison sonny boy, I did my time in Liberal hell. Dont start preaching to me like your oh so wise and the pinical of maturity. I will be as blunt and stereotypical as I want to. Liberals are all the same, weak minded and led along on a leash. You want to group your little Madison liberal friends into your own little click sub-catagories, good for you, thats your choice.

Because people who think differently than you are always wrong and you are always right. Yes, you can be blunt and stereotypical as you like, that's what makes this country great. Just like I will be judgmental in how you judge others.

And "pinical," really? I'm not one to be the grammar police but come on, that isn't even close.

Karps TA
05-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Yes the conservatives who always vote for the same old white guy year after year because he's a Republican and that's all the matters, are really the strong minded ones. They are the real free thinkers....

Both sides have their sheep. They are so alike it's not even funny. They both are so blind to the other side of any issue other then the one they believe in they don't even realize how asinine their views are.

VroomPshhTsi
05-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Agreed... I'm not loyal to either party. Both sides fail to see that the other side has some good points that they should listen to instead of blocking out everything that is said because of who said it.

Cjburn
05-19-2008, 08:54 PM
The problem with the our entire political system is that people root for their political party like they are their favorite sports teams. They bring emotion into a logical discussion. The emotion blinds the truth. So does fake intellectualism, hubris, and the desire to continually do good through force of the state. I've met quite a few liberals in my travels (and believe me (I enter 20+ businesses a day), I have yet to find one who can actually argue a point without getting emotional about a subject. Often you will find more conservatives who will actually have an intellectual argument without taking a contradicting point of view personally. Your Neo-Cons are an entirely different group (basically run the republican party, Bush is a neo-con), they often drag Christianity into the argument, which makes my brain hurt (even though I am a Christian myself).

T-Bag
05-19-2008, 11:12 PM
Might as well vote for whoever the f*ck you want because every candidate has a dark side. Obama is just a little darker..........ZING

This is Srs Bsns

Knyghtmare
05-19-2008, 11:57 PM
And "pinical," really? I'm not one to be the grammar police but come on, that isn't even close.

There we go with attacking the bad spelling... What a last resort attempt. :rolleyes:

USMARINE1108
05-20-2008, 01:46 AM

Couldn't agree more.

VroomPshhTsi
05-20-2008, 02:14 AM
There we go with attacking the bad spelling... What a last resort attempt. :rolleyes:

yup last resort..... sorry but that was worst of the worst.... use that excuse, hvae fun

SSDude
05-20-2008, 04:52 AM
The Obama Gamble

Even with Hillary Clinton’s wide margin win in the West Virginia primary, Barack Obama will be the Democrat standard bearer in November. However, Democrats may well have buyer’s remorse. Their rush to nominate Mr. Obama, the least vetted presidential candidate in memory, will likely cost them the fall election. The voters, who many believe, Mr. Obama needs for victory in November are trending to John McCain. Obviously, Team Obama is looking at a different trail to the 270 electoral votes needed to win the presidency.

West Virginia is thought of as a reliably Democrat state. Democrat Governor Joe Manchin won office in a massive landslide, and both U.S. senators—Robert Byrd and Jay Rockefeller—are completely safe as Democrat incumbents.

Historically, West Virginia’s politics has turned on two things: unions and culture. While the former usually controls electoral outcomes there, the later will likely deliver the state’s Electoral College votes to John McCain, as it did for George W. Bush in 2000 and 2004.

West Virginia’s economy is dominated by coal-mining and other blue-collar, labor intensive industry. Unions dominate the state’s labor scene, and have made West Virginia a Democrat stronghold for most of the last 108 years.

But the second factor, traditional culture, has two aspects in particular that have made West Virginia a purple swing state in modern presidential elections.

Many West Virginians live in small towns, and are at least moderately religious. With this comes a belief in traditional marriage, commitment to family and a heavy dose of national pride.

Patriotism runs deep in the Mountain State. Nothing speaks more to the West Virginian focus on heritage than their commitment to Second Amendment freedoms. West Virginia is gun country, as are all the states along the Appalachian Trail, where the NRA is strong and the Second Amendment is revered. Democrats are very successful in West Virginia, but almost without exception those Democrats make clear to voters their pledge to fight and protect for the right to keep and bear arms.

In the past two presidential elections those cultural issues drove West Virginia to vote for George W. Bush. Al Gore did not hide his anti-gun credentials in 2000, and lost the state to Mr. Bush by six points. John Kerry similarly did not disavow his anti-gun record in 2004, and added to it his refusal to support traditional marriage. He lost the state to President Bush by 13 points.

So how does Barack Obama respond to the clear challenge he has with white working class voters? He insults them and essentially writes them off. He tells them the Appalachian Trail is not his path to the White House. He tells his elite, wealthy financial supporters in San Francisco that such voters “cling” to guns and religion out of bitterness over their lack of economic prosperity. With statements reminiscent of Marx’s “opiate of the masses,” Mr. Obama suggests guns and religion are the emotional crutches blue-collar workers need to cope with reality.

Consequently, Mr. Obama failed to connect with West Virginia voters. He drove many of them straight into Mrs. Clinton’s waiting arms, and he seems to be executing the same strategy in the Bluegrass State of Kentucky. For him to lose these states by wide margins does not bode well for carrying them in the general election.

He has placed his electoral bet on other states and voter coalitions.

But this problem is larger than West Virginia and Kentucky. There are millions of similar voters in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, and other states without which Mr. Obama cannot win the White House. And Mrs. Clinton has beaten Mr. Obama in every single one, often by wide margins.

Liberals and the writers of Saturday Night Live may say these voters will shun Mr. Obama because he is black and they are racist. Nonsense.

Just like high-minded liberals, these voters vote their values and priorities. In West Virginia, they overwhelming chose Mrs. Clinton because she didn’t write them off.

While some of those voters might go for Mr. Obama in the fall, many will not. If Mr. McCain can maintain an authentic contrast on faith, guns and patriotism, he will get more of these Democrat voters than Mr. Obama would like.

So as Mr. Obama panders to elitists in his party, who attend high-ticket San Francisco fundraisers, he alienates millions of working class voters, particularly so-called Reagan Democrats.

In that sense, the way Mr. Obama lost the West Virginia primary could be a harbinger of a November defeat

Ken Blackwell
Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Karps TA
05-20-2008, 06:51 AM
Obama could have went into West Virginia waving the Rebel flag while dragging a black guy on a noose and he wouldn't have won West Vriginia. All you had to do is listen to the interviews of people from that State coming out of the polls.

You heard things like

"He ain't of my race, and other races scare me"
"I ain't voting for no muslim"
"I'm tired of all these Husseins"

That scares the hell out of me that people like that have a vote.

Cjburn
05-20-2008, 03:34 PM
And you really think the media there was looking for average people, instead of idiots. They could find people like that in any state if you looked hard enough.

johnny--2k
05-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Obama could have went into West Virginia waving the Rebel flag while dragging a black guy on a noose and he wouldn't have won West Vriginia. All you had to do is listen to the interviews of people from that State coming out of the polls.

You heard things like

Totally agree. This is what makes me really upset and disturbed. I understand freedom of speech etc, but come on, this takes stereotyping to a whole new level. Welcome to 2008, get out of the mid 1900's state of mind please :flipoff2:

Syclone0044
05-20-2008, 05:32 PM
C'mon guys! It's so much easier just voting for who your Mom and Dad voted for, than it is to take the time doing all your own research and figure out whose platform actually makes the most sense!

Karps TA
05-20-2008, 05:32 PM
And you really think the media there was looking for average people, instead of idiots. They could find people like that in any state if you looked hard enough.

I'm sure they did want the more colorful commentary. Doesn't change the fact that everyone knew that there was no way Obama could take that state, so why bother trying. Clinton barely even visted states she knew she was going to get beat badly in, like Kansas, Minnesota and Nebraska. However you didn't hear comments coming from those states saying, I ain't voting for no stupid *****.

Besides who do you think benefits from those comments being shown? I don't think it's Obama.

Knyghtmare
05-20-2008, 11:11 PM

You heard things like

We also have to remember though, that this goes the other way as well. There are black people out there that are voting for him because he is, or muslims voting for him because he is a muslim. Either way there are Americans voting in that manner and I agree how scary it is.

pOrk
05-21-2008, 02:07 AM
C'mon guys! It's so much easier just voting for who your Mom and Dad voted for, than it is to take the time doing all your own research and figure out whose platform actually makes the most sense!

I laughed :rolf:thumbsup But this is so true its ridiculous.