PDA

View Full Version : iPass Tollway question

twirkin50
05-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Back in October we went to Ohio for the UFC fight and borrowed a friends iPass for the tollways on the way down. Well, I get a letter in the mail yesterday with a picture of my plate saying I failed to pay in 7 tollways. So, now I have a $147.00 fine to pay. :rolleyes:

Has anyone else had something like this happen and is there any way to get out of it????

Thanks
Dave

Nick
05-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Man! everyone has been getting these. :lol:

Just call their number I guess and you can talk it down on the phone. one buddy of mine had $11,000 notice from them. :lol: Talked it down to $50. he had a pass though but his plat was not registered on it.

Speaking of iPasses, I just got mine in the mail yesterday

slickwilly
05-16-2008, 01:44 PM
I need to get one. I've gone back to Michigan twice since coming here and I'll be doing round at least twice more this year. Tolls are raping me.

Nick
05-16-2008, 01:47 PM
I need to get one. I've gone back to Michigan twice since coming here and I'll be doing round at least twice more this year. Tolls are raping me.

you can do it online and it comes within a few days.

http://www.illinoistollway.com/pls/portal/url/PAGE/Tollway/IPASS_Welcome/IPASS_General_Info/IPASS_Buying_IPASS

67-400
05-16-2008, 01:49 PM
If that was your friends Ipass, he/she needs to add your license plate to the account to make it okay for your car to pass through.

I had a rental car once, I mistakenly went through the Ipass toll without an Ipass. I contacted the rental agency and they said not to worry, we are allowed 3 strikes before they bill them anything. But once you hit that 4th one, you have to pay for all instances + other bs fines.

slickwilly
05-16-2008, 01:58 PM
If that was your friends Ipass, he/she needs to add your license plate to the account to make it okay for your car to pass through.

I had a rental car once, I mistakenly went through the Ipass toll without an Ipass. I contacted the rental agency and they said not to worry, we are allowed 3 strikes before they bill them anything. But once you hit that 4th one, you have to pay for all instances + other bs fines.
I ran out of cash and took one of those little cards they give you. Apparently an individual is allowed four missed tolls per 12-month period without penalty.

slickwilly
05-16-2008, 01:59 PM
you can do it online and it comes within a few days.

http://www.illinoistollway.com/pls/portal/url/PAGE/Tollway/IPASS_Welcome/IPASS_General_Info/IPASS_Buying_IPASS
It's a horrible shame that the whole country hasn't adopted the same kind of electronic pass.

Syclone0044
05-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Suppose you just don't visit Illinois anymore with your car? Then what?

Nick
05-16-2008, 02:03 PM
It's a horrible shame that the whole country hasn't adopted the same kind of electronic pass.

You can buy another one that will work with it, the same one that is compatible in NYC. I forgot the name...

LIZMO
05-16-2008, 02:06 PM
well.. this one time, i went thru the ipass WITHOUT an ipass 4 times last year. (everyone told me they don't care about wisconsin people) about a month ago my mom is like LOOK AT THIS im like HEY THATS MY JETTA! then she made me pay the 85 dollars b/c the car is in her name... so i just paid it. didn't think they would care if i called and bitched.
so if i don't have cash i just tell them i don't and they let me go?

70 cutlass 442
05-16-2008, 02:18 PM
rookies, i just droped my tail gate and flew throught with a big smile on my face.

slickwilly
05-16-2008, 02:19 PM
rookies, i just droped my tail gate and flew throught with a big smile on my face.
:rolf

LIZMO
05-16-2008, 02:19 PM
well if cars had tail gates..... :fire lol

pOrk
05-16-2008, 02:47 PM
ive blow through them soo many times and nver got a ticket i do have an ipass but i lways forget to register new vehicles and shit that and i lost my transponder

Crawlin
05-16-2008, 03:05 PM
1 Year Later... I Just Got A Ticket In The Mail For Going Through The Ipass When I Was Down In Il For Some Dealer Conference. That Means They Do Care. I Haven't Been To Il Since Then.

What Really Messed It Up Was That Was During Their Construction Period Where The I-pass Went From 1 Lane To The Middle Lanes Full

CATNHAT
05-16-2008, 03:30 PM
I got 3 tickets also. $84.00.

Even more reason to hate the fibs.

USMARINE1108
05-16-2008, 03:58 PM
It's funny this thread came up. Gina and I drove her truck from South Carolina to my parents house in New Berlin for Christmas in 2006. Yes, 2006. We ran out of change so I (I was driving) blew through the tolls. I've been blowing through those damn things since 2000. :rolf Well, last week we get a letter in the mail saying she owes $87 along with a picture of the truck from the 2006 trip. I called and stayed on hold with them for 2 hours, 3 different times. I ended up just paying the damn thing online yesterday after not getting ahold of them. Pisses me off.

USMARINE1108
05-16-2008, 04:00 PM
rookies, i just droped my tail gate and flew throught with a big smile on my face.:rolf Not bad, not bad at all.

twirkin50
05-16-2008, 04:04 PM
So, anyone want to add my plate to their account for some beer or other beverages?

swift steve
05-16-2008, 04:53 PM
i have never been charged and i blow like 5-6 tolls a year for the last like 3 years, lol.

70 cutlass 442
05-16-2008, 04:58 PM
i have never been charged and i blow like 5-6 dudes a year for the last like 3 years, lol.

fixed for ya steve :thumbsup

lordairgtar
05-16-2008, 04:59 PM
rookies, i just droped my pants and flew throught with a big smile on my face.
Fixed

CobraSnake
05-16-2008, 05:21 PM
1 Year Later... I Just Got A Ticket In The Mail For Going Through The Ipass When I Was Down In Il For Some Dealer Conference. That Means They Do Care. I Haven't Been To Il Since Then.

What Really Messed It Up Was That Was During Their Construction Period Where The I-pass Went From 1 Lane To The Middle Lanes Full

I did this same thing. I was driving down the freeway then there was construction and the road split I was following someone and he didn't know where to go so he went left on the split. Well low and behold that was the IPASS lane and there was nothing we could do to get outta that lane so we just went thru it. I never seen a ticket for it.

Mark

Slow Joe
05-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Wow, I'm happy that I always register extra cars to our iPass if need be... It's much better than tickets...

Rocket Power
05-16-2008, 05:54 PM
I just stay out of IL:rolf
Except once a year when I go to Norwalk, OH.

GRAMPS SS
05-16-2008, 05:55 PM
the wife has one on her car...she goes to Indiana ALOT.....she has my tag on it as well...and if i get my new DD that tage will go on as well...then she can take the pass and take my car if she wants....just tell you friend to add your tag ....then see what happenes....Ill sucks....

Breecher_7
05-16-2008, 06:29 PM
I dont run a front plate most of the time and I just drop my tailgate when I go on toll roads...... :stare