PDA

View Full Version : Well i made it to GLD today!!!!!

1siksrt
05-15-2008, 04:29 AM
Ok first off this was my 1st time on slicks ever!!!!! and obviously i need more seat time and need to get the car dialed in better:thumbsup for the first time to the track on new setup w/ slicks i was happy, car still has some issues, but it is what it is....

Best run of the day below, I was in the low 12's all day best 60 i could muster was a 1.97, which still sucks, but i'll get it figured out.... once i click off a 1.7x and take out the weight like i want i think i'll be right where i said!!!!!

Full to 3/4 tank of gas all day, DOH:punch:
60' 2.05 :(
330 5.42
1/8 7.98
mph 97.99
1000 10.17
1/4 12.01
mph 125 mph:D

I would like to thank Joel for all the hard work you have/ and will be puttin into the car could not have done it without ya man..... And i used Chads race gas torco 110 baby....!!!! ALso thanks to Turtle for timing my car, even though you broke my car in the process:goof

0TransAm0
05-15-2008, 05:53 AM
damn good job man. :thumbsup

Breecher_7
05-15-2008, 06:00 AM
Shits Weak..... :rolf

2 bad z's
05-15-2008, 08:03 AM
not bad at all,that little neon roll out pretty good
Ok first off this was my 1st time on slicks ever!!!!! and obviously i need more seat time and need to get the car dialed in better:thumbsup for the first time to the track on new setup w/ slicks i was happy, car still has some issues, but it is what it is....

Best run of the day below, I was in the low 12's all day best 60 i could muster was a 1.97, which still sucks, but i'll get it figured out.... once i click off a 1.7x and take out the weight like i want i think i'll be right where i said!!!!!

Full to 3/4 tank of gas all day, DOH:punch:
60' 2.05 :(
330 5.42
1/8 7.98
mph 97.99
1000 10.17
1/4 12.01
mph 125 mph:D

I would like to thank Joel for all the hard work you have/ and will be puttin into the car could not have done it without ya man..... And i used Chads race gas torco 110 baby....!!!! ALso thanks to Turtle for timing my car, even though you broke my car in the process:goof

michelle
05-15-2008, 08:05 AM
You still aren't going to get the respect you want.

CannotPost
05-15-2008, 08:09 AM
You still aren't going to get the respect you want.

Agreed!

juicedimpss
05-15-2008, 08:13 AM
congrats.

do i still get 2 and the hit?

2 bad z's
05-15-2008, 08:18 AM
You still aren't going to get the respect you want.thats because so many do not realize what it takes to get a car to that level and those who do know will give it respect

juicedimpss
05-15-2008, 08:18 AM
thats because so many do not realize what it takes to get a car to that level and those who do know will give it respect

i couldnt agree more :thumbsup

lit666
05-15-2008, 08:22 AM
it's still just a neon :thumbsup

Fixed: I couldn't agree more :thumbsup

awsomeears
05-15-2008, 08:32 AM
Nice times man !!!

Neon FTW !!!

johnny--2k
05-15-2008, 08:37 AM
DAMN. That's movin for sure. I can still beat you to 60' though :goof

Mr Twigbert
05-15-2008, 08:39 AM
WoW, pretty quick...... But.......... It's like a polished turd IMO...

You can polish it, clean it up and spray air freshener on it but at the end its still just a Neon, err, I mean turd..

Deggy
05-15-2008, 08:40 AM
Sorry I couldn't get down there with ya Ricky.

Awesome times!

Smokey1226
05-15-2008, 09:05 AM
Very nice Rick my man, get that new clutch/nice set of DR's and slay some bishes!

Flicktitty
05-15-2008, 09:09 AM
not bad times. thats some good mph. little more 60ft and you should be good.

WhatsADSM
05-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Not a bad time, mph is good for some mid 11s...

Hate to say "told you so" but, told you you would want 26s... been there done that :shades
Too bad I just sold my TCS, that could have at least helped a little with the small slicks.

And to all others, the "its still a neon jokes" just never get old do they. :yawn:

WhatsADSM
05-15-2008, 10:17 AM
O yea, what boost level/turbo?

forest
05-15-2008, 10:27 AM
the whole "its just a neon" works 2 ways one to give him $hit, and another for him to say it after he whoops a$$ on a LOT of cars on the street or track, "you just got beat by a neon", nice #s, now just get it into the 11s....

Smokey1226
05-15-2008, 10:29 AM
The thing everyone forgets, is from a Roll on highway or whereever....its a real beast. Plus he is on mid/low boost.

WhatsADSM
05-15-2008, 10:38 AM
The thing everyone forgets, is from a Roll on highway or whereever....its a real beast. Plus he is on mid/low boost.

Your also forgetting you likely don't roll slicks on the highway, and even so if you start at anything under maybe 60 mph the WWD SRT is gonna give someone a free headstart due to traction issues.

That said, yes the car is very impressive and on a freeway roll I'd bet it moves out real nicely.

What does "mid/low" boost actually equate too?

Smokey1226
05-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Your also forgetting you likely don't roll slicks on the highway, and even so if you start at anything under maybe 60 mph the WWD SRT is gonna give someone a free headstart due to traction issues.

That said, yes the car is very impressive and on a freeway roll I'd bet it moves out real nicely.

What does "mid/low" boost actually equate too?

Well i dont want to speak for Ricky because i dont know a whole lot, but from our ride experience...his tuner did an outstanding job at Ramping with the tune. meaning the only spinning we did was in 2nd at about 25mph, top of 2nd and all of 3rd it hooked pretty damn well and just went. I know that the front tires arent the greatest but with a nice set of DR's in the front and his correctly Ramped Tune, i think you would be suprised how well it hooks. I sure am, because i was a huge doubter before the ride.

As for boost, im not sure exactly what PSI he is at, but i know he cant get the full use of his turbo untill he builds the bottom. So i would consider that mid/low boost.

WhatsADSM
05-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Well i dont want to speak for Ricky because i dont know a whole lot, but from our ride experience...his tuner did an outstanding job at Ramping with the tune. meaning the only spinning we did was in 2nd at about 25mph, top of 2nd and all of 3rd it hooked pretty damn well and just went. I know that the front tires arent the greatest but with a nice set of DR's in the front and his correctly Ramped Tune, i think you would be suprised how well it hooks. I sure am, because i was a huge doubter before the ride.

As for boost, im not sure exactly what PSI he is at, but i know he cant get the full use of his turbo untill he builds the bottom. So i would consider that mid/low boost.

You know I've owned a mid 11 second SRT-4 right? For 3 years even. (see sig)

If the boost is down in the lower gears then he is still gonna give up some distance to another car with similar power but better traction. Because well they are gonna actually put down all/most of their power.

I am very very familiar with traction and SRTs, and yes they can surprise, but even at their greatest on street tires it honestly it just doesn't compare to RWD or AWD with just some decent tires on it. I had lowered boost, TCS, and azenis rt-615s. And while the traction was "pretty good" in 2nd gear I would always give a solid car or so to evos/stangs/LSxs/etc before I would get into 3rd and start reeling them in.

Smokey1226
05-15-2008, 12:02 PM
Im not trying to argue you about anything, believe me im very famailar with turbo cars/trucks, i know it will give up distance. I understand FWD is in a whole nother ball game as far as traction is concerned. I also know they will never be able to run a big tire like My Cousins 305's.

Anything with a small motor and a larger turbo is going to give up ground and reel the other car in, its the nature of the beast. i.e. 2JZ + 72dbb will give up 2 car lengths to a Pullied cobra for about 2 seconds.... then its game over even while spinning on top of 4th.

All im saying is, everyone is hateing on Ricky's car....but actully its pretty damn quick. And can be real quick if he ever wanted to make it Strip only. Kinda like what Joel is planning. :D

1siksrt
05-15-2008, 01:23 PM
25 lbs on my turbo is low boost... it goes to 40lbs.... stock head, stock cams, stock internals.... There is alot left in this combo...
I just need a couple more times to the track and def. need some coilovers to help me hook:thumbsup Play with the traction bars a lil and do some other stuff, but im on my way to what i want, low 11's:D

and from a roll on this tune I blow the tires off in 2nd sorry chad LOL, 3rd is all good!!!! but thats because im on weak street tires, when i get money and get another set of 15 inch rims i will roll on some street slicks:devil

Prince Valiant
05-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Geez...125 traps is hauling rick. Good job :thumbsup

I'm still hoping you call on my years of FWD drag racing experience to give it a shot though :shades;)

STANMAN
05-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Good job buddy. You will be in the 11's soon I am sure!! And screw the race gas, run an 11 on pump, you'll feel alot better when you do it!!

Crawlin
05-15-2008, 02:41 PM
sweet. 125mph....

.1 in the 60 is about .15 in the 1/4

so a 1.7 should get you that 11.6x-11.7x

i've gone through hundreds of my timeslips and looked at it all and it works out.

nitrous
05-15-2008, 02:47 PM
I've got a nice set of Mickey Thompson ET Drags 26x8.5x15 for sale if you're interested.

/shamless plug

WhatsADSM
05-15-2008, 04:04 PM
I've got a nice set of Mickey Thompson ET Drags 26x8.5x15 for sale if you're interested.

/shamless plug

Do it. 26s FTMFW!

dr doom
05-15-2008, 04:04 PM
I teched in right after you did. Nice runs.

Russ Jerome
05-15-2008, 04:12 PM
60' 2.05
330 5.42
1/8 7.98
mph 97.99
1000 10.17
1/4 12.01
mph 125 mph

Great first pass'!

Are you spinning the tires or bogging on the short end?
http://hometown.aol.com/russjerome/images/12at120.jpg.jpg
The above slip is your head and a 2.2 with street tires, an auto
will show slower MPH. I expect you will pick up quite a bit with
a better hook or more grunt on the short end. Advancing your
intake cam will shift that motors power to the short end, adding
to that slightly retarded exhaust timing will close the duration but
at those boost levels may help top end a little. EGT temps???

Beagle
05-15-2008, 05:00 PM
Good times..... there were bets going what your time will be and i predicted it wouldnt go faster than 12.3. i have to say im very surprised. i agree with stanman with the pump gas.

spindler27
05-15-2008, 05:33 PM

You can polish it, clean it up and spray air freshener on it but at the end its still just a Neon, err, I mean turd..

theres a lot of people that consider mustangs turds!

lit666
05-15-2008, 05:35 PM
theres a lot of people that consider mustangs turds!

yeah those damn V6 models :wow

spindler27
05-15-2008, 05:35 PM
Im not trying to argue you about anything, believe me im very famailar with turbo cars/trucks, i know it will give up distance. I understand FWD is in a whole nother ball game as far as traction is concerned. I also know they will never be able to run a big tire like My Cousins 305's.

Anything with a small motor and a larger turbo is going to give up ground and reel the other car in, its the nature of the beast. i.e. 2JZ + 72dbb will give up 2 car lengths to a Pullied cobra for about 2 seconds.... then its game over even while spinning on top of 4th.

All im saying is, everyone is hateing on Ricky's car....but actully its pretty damn quick. And can be real quick if he ever wanted to make it Strip only. Kinda like what Joel is planning. :D

shhhhhhhhhhh neuwave thinks a stock cobra would beat me!!!

spindler27
05-15-2008, 05:36 PM
yeah those damn V6 models :wow

well you guys always seem to forget your very humble beginning, spawning off the falcon and only being available with a straight 6 in its first year

Beagle
05-15-2008, 05:37 PM
a stock cobra would beat you....

Irish
05-15-2008, 05:51 PM

Neuwave also buys his clothes at the Matrix discount store....:goof

TURTLE
05-15-2008, 06:49 PM
congrats on the times ricky! and for the record, joel had his hand on the breaker bar when the bolt broke... you're lucky i happened to have a welder there to fix his mistake :goof

can't wait to get a ride in this thing!

Heat Seeker WS6
05-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Congrats on the runs Ricky :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

nismodave
05-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Shake the haters off, man.

Nice trap speed. Nice car.

Deggy
05-15-2008, 09:28 PM
shits weak

awsomeears
05-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Ricky by chance did you own a neon that was crashed by your mom ? If so I know you, if not the I don't know you.

:-0

1siksrt
05-15-2008, 10:54 PM
Great first pass'!

Are you spinning the tires or bogging on the short end?
http://hometown.aol.com/russjerome/images/12at120.jpg.jpg
The above slip is your head and a 2.2 with street tires, an auto
will show slower MPH. I expect you will pick up quite a bit with
a better hook or more grunt on the short end. Advancing your
intake cam will shift that motors power to the short end, adding
to that slightly retarded exhaust timing will close the duration but
at those boost levels may help top end a little. EGT temps???

thanks guys!!!! THe slicks spin like crazy thru all of 1st and sometimes into 2nd(almost pulled me into a wall twice) Im starting to think that these slicks that sat all winter and a long time at this other dudes house before i bought them might be cashed:crying Im gonna give it another go on them first and if they dont hook im buying a brand new set... I cannot use 26 inch slicks until i get coilovers they rub on the perches....

spindler27
05-15-2008, 10:54 PM
a stock cobra would beat you....

7 months ago? no chance in hell, today? yes, im flintstoning the neon

spindler27
05-15-2008, 10:55 PM
thanks guys!!!! Im starting to think that these slicks that sat all winter and a long time at this other dudes house before i bought them might be cashed:crying Im gonna give it another go on them first and if they dont hook im buying a brand new set... I cannot use 26 inch slicks until i get coilovers they rub on the perches....

i've got some coilovers:D, but im not going through the removal and install haha

1siksrt
05-15-2008, 10:57 PM
sweet. 125mph....

.1 in the 60 is about .15 in the 1/4

so a 1.7 should get you that 11.6x-11.7x

i've gone through hundreds of my timeslips and looked at it all and it works out.

I dunnno man, i posted a video of a neon running a 11.3x@124 and his 60's were in the 1.7x.......

either way my car will trap 127-129 before the season is done:thumbsup

1siksrt
05-15-2008, 10:58 PM
i've got some coilovers:D, but im not going through the removal and install haha

Turtle has some tooo I cant buy them though unless i go thru a payment plan:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

1siksrt
05-15-2008, 10:59 PM
the whole "its just a neon" works 2 ways one to give him $hit, and another for him to say it after he whoops a$$ on a LOT of cars on the street or track, "you just got beat by a neon", nice #s, now just get it into the 11s....

EXACTLY!!!!!:thumbsup

Smokey1226
05-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Kick some arse tomorrow Ricky, I've got a great connection on some serious VHT....we'll load up the Slicks before you leave the burnout box :D Sticky sticky like my icky icky

TURTLE
05-15-2008, 11:44 PM
Turtle has some tooo I cant buy them though unless i go thru a payment plan:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

had some.... i've got lowering springs if ya still wanna do something though ;)

KARKRAFT
05-16-2008, 12:44 AM
Good job Rick. And like I said, a little tweaking and a few more cracks at it, you'll be in the 11s working on mid 11s.

1siksrt
05-16-2008, 03:33 AM
Ya, thanks kevin I hope its not these slicks being shot I guess i'll see tommorow

1siksrt
05-16-2008, 04:29 AM
Fixed: I couldn't agree more :thumbsup

last time i checked this NEON beat a fellow bcm'r who spanked that arse:thumbsup

YOu two for that matter same car you lost tooo, I BEAT!!!!:banana

O, and that was on my low boost tune:rolf:rolf:chair::banana1:

1siksrt
05-16-2008, 04:33 AM
I teched in right after you did. Nice runs.

hmm, i saw a blue wrex, but dont remember any wagons... how did you run???

Crawlin
05-16-2008, 05:43 AM
I dunnno man, i posted a video of a neon running a 11.3x@124 and his 60's were in the 1.7x.......

either way my car will trap 127-129 before the season is done:thumbsup

every little bit helps. i hope it hits what you want it to. too many variables especialy on a turbo car to put a specific number on it. i was just saying if everything else was the same, that's what you'd hit. if you get better at "driving" the car, then obviously it's gonna be lower(i.e. shifting quicker)

my 11.5's were at 116mph, so I don't know what to tell you :) hahaha.

WhatsADSM
05-16-2008, 10:41 AM
every little bit helps. i hope it hits what you want it to. too many variables especialy on a turbo car to put a specific number on it. i was just saying if everything else was the same, that's what you'd hit. if you get better at "driving" the car, then obviously it's gonna be lower(i.e. shifting quicker)

my 11.5's were at 116mph, so I don't know what to tell you :) hahaha.

+2

To Sik:

Yea there are tons of variables. I've run 11.6/11.7 at 120 before, 12.0 at 123, etc. etc. All with the same setup on my SRT but on different days. There are just a lot of variables including the effective gearing with the slicks, the driver, the DA, track temp and prep, etc. etc. In any case 125 is plenty for a mid 11. Just get that thing to leave a little better (you may have to petal it out).

Also don't be suprised if the MPH comes down a bit once you start to hook and get into the 11s.

Good luck and post up more once you get some more runs in. :headbang

Waver
05-16-2008, 10:54 AM
All I can say is that I am impressed....you got the dyno and the times to back it up....That and I guess the suspension on those cars is dialed in just right........I bow down to you....

God you are a damn fool, I KNOW that stock vs stock a 03/04 cobra would beat a neon SRT4, and if you stuck in the same amount of money as you did to hit 500 hp into the cobra it would still beat you........I never said that a stock 03 cobra would beat you at the hp you are at.

I was never doubting that the srt was a fast car for what it is, nor the potential of it (this thread proves the potential). All I was saying is that when you start with more, you should get more out of it when you mod it.....

dr doom
05-16-2008, 04:27 PM
hmm, i saw a blue wrex, but dont remember any wagons... how did you run???

i have a silver wagon. i ran a 13.7 @ 105mph without much effort. Once I launch it I will run much faster.

forest
05-16-2008, 07:25 PM
All I was saying is that when you start with more, you should get more out of it when you mod it.....

Hell yeah..

spindler27
05-18-2008, 08:22 PM
All I can say is that I am impressed....you got the dyno and the times to back it up....That and I guess the suspension on those cars is dialed in just right........I bow down to you....

God you are a damn fool, I KNOW that stock vs stock a 03/04 cobra would beat a neon SRT4, and if you stuck in the same amount of money as you did to hit 500 hp into the cobra it would still beat you........I never said that a stock 03 cobra would beat you at the hp you are at.

I was never doubting that the srt was a fast car for what it is, nor the potential of it (this thread proves the potential). All I was saying is that when you start with more, you should get more out of it when you mod it.....

the stock suspension is on the car, hes got solid mounts and bushings, im letting him use my coilovers to get him deeper in the 11s

Waver
05-19-2008, 10:48 AM
the stock suspension is on the car, hes got solid mounts and bushings, im letting him use my coilovers to get him deeper in the 11s
That is exactally what I am saying, considering there isnt many fwd cars that can pull off that kind of 60'............defanatly impressive

dfr225
05-19-2008, 11:56 AM
nice setup and car you got ricky, dont listen to the haters.