PDA

View Full Version : verizon kicks ass

88Nightmare
05-14-2008, 09:53 PM
So I've had verizon for over 6 years now, and last month I went over my cell phone minutes.... by far. I went over by about 340 minutes. BIG BUCKS! My bill was about $260 bucks. So I called to see if I could work something out with them, and what they ended up doing for me was they upped my minute plan and took away ALL the overage charges from last month, with no fuss from them! I didn't even have to put up any fight at all, they were very polite and took care of it 1-2-3. I was very impressed with that kind of customer service... its rare nowadays..... time warner

michelle
05-14-2008, 09:56 PM
They did the same thing for me one time. I dropped it down the next month and it's nice because it doesn't extend your contract.

Glad they helped you out without a fuss!

Holeshot
05-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Did the same thing last month. They did prorate my bill though for that month. It was still cheaper then the 500 minute Chatty Cathy wife went over on though.

88Nightmare
05-14-2008, 10:00 PM
The thing I forgot to add to this cinderella story was this isn't the first time I've had to call em with my dumbass going over on my minutes. This is the second or third time, and they fixed it no complaints whatsoever

slickwilly
05-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Yeah once you get somebody on the phone they're usually pretty good to deal with. The people at the stores are almost always douchebags though.

I managed to get a $20 credit to my account once because while transferring phones the fvckbags put the wrong person's address book into my phone and then lost my address book.

y2kws6
05-14-2008, 11:05 PM
been there done that....

Car Guy
05-14-2008, 11:09 PM
I have had Verizon since before they were even known and Verizon (PrimeCo)and I have nothing bad to say about them. It'll take a lot to get me to change to another provider.....

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Cryptic
05-15-2008, 07:45 AM
When my contract is up... I'll probably dump Sprint. Hearing alot of good things about Verizon lately.

MoCkiN U
05-15-2008, 10:15 AM
whatever you do dont go to our brookfield store. You will hate verizon if you do. The guys there play games like the whole "Meow" thing from super troopers with customers. They havent been caught yet but its a BIG problem. Visit any of our other stores and you'll be fine

88Nightmare
05-15-2008, 10:32 AM
When I need to go to a store, I hit the verizon store on 76th st. across from southridge mall.

Car Guy
05-15-2008, 11:03 AM
whatever you do dont go to our brookfield store. You will hate verizon if you do. The guys there play games like the whole "Meow" thing from super troopers with customers. They havent been caught yet but its a BIG problem. Visit any of our other stores and you'll be fine

^^^ That's funny but terrible at the same time, I wonder how many customers notice that kind of stuff. I know I would.....:rolf :rolf :rolf

When I need to go to a store, I hit the verizon store on 76th st. across from southridge mall.

That's where we went, dealt with Noel Pineda and was very happy with how we were treated.....

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

03CVLX
05-15-2008, 12:34 PM
I just switched to Verizon two weeks ago, I told U.S. Cellular where to stick it.:rolf So far I am extremely inpressed by Verizon, and hearing stories like this impress me that much more

juicedimpss
05-15-2008, 01:00 PM
mike,you talk too much.

USMARINE1108
05-15-2008, 01:10 PM
I've done the same thing with Sprint................$640 bill. :wow They have a "one time per year get out of jail free" thing, so I didn't have to up my minutes or anything. The just gave me the free minutes.

ND4SPD
05-15-2008, 01:12 PM
I've been with Verizon for at least 4 years now. I've been very happy with them other than they seem to be a little slow at releasing new phones.

88Nightmare
05-15-2008, 01:56 PM
I've done the same thing with Sprint................$640 bill. :wow They have a "one time per year get out of jail free" thing, so I didn't have to up my minutes or anything. The just gave me the free minutes.

well this instance here is probably the second time this year, and I wasn't forced to up my minutes at all, I did it by my own choice, they would have removed the overages anyway.

Jsho13
05-15-2008, 02:21 PM
I have been with vzw for 4 years now with no complaints. Always great service and the people they use for cell phone insurance were great too. I got pushed in a pool with phone in pocket; new one was here a few days later.

88Nightmare
05-15-2008, 02:30 PM
I think I used the insurance once. Phone arrived very quickly as I recall. But this was a lonnnnngggg time ago, back when I had an old school nokia
http://www.nokia.ca/NOKIA_CANADA_ENGLISH_67/Find_and_Compare/Archived_phones/images/3285_96x96.jpg :rolf

wikked
05-15-2008, 02:48 PM
<--- VZW for 5yrs, no probs.

Although they did finally cut people off from tethering :(
(i.e. using CDMA phones as modems for free DSL speed 'net surfing on laptops/desktops, etc.)

88Nightmare
05-15-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm able to use my LG VX9900 (aka the enV) as a tethered modem device on my laptop. I had to use an EVDO software to modify a few internal settings in the phone.

Rocket Power
05-15-2008, 07:53 PM
I am very happy with Verizon, US Cellular can kiss my ass. We went to the brookfield store when were were first going to change to verizon and it was like we were invisible or something, after standing there getting ignored we left, and I believe I said something as we left , along the lines of "I guess they don't want our money". Went to the 76th st store and haven't had any problems. I did notice the last couple days my enV has been randomly shutting off, which is annoying.

88Nightmare
05-15-2008, 07:57 PM
yeah my enV kinda does that too. but I won't even know its shut off until I go to check it. I never hear it shut off or anything, so idk whats up with that. If it keeps it up, I'm gonna crush it in a press at work and make an insurance claim for it.

Rocket Power
05-15-2008, 09:38 PM
When I get sometime I am going to stop at the Verizon store. When my wife had a problem with her Razr it turned out it need new software, maybe it something similar, it's supposed to be under warranty anyway. Only had it since nov/dec.

MoCkiN U
05-16-2008, 12:49 AM
yeah my enV kinda does that too. but I won't even know its shut off until I go to check it. I never hear it shut off or anything, so idk whats up with that. If it keeps it up, I'm gonna crush it in a press at work and make an insurance claim for it.

this is a known issue. there is a software release for this very problem. it will take about 30 minutes for your local store to load the software assuming no one is waiting. The next known issue is the very last row on the keypad on the inside will stop lighting up. Another known issue that we replace the phone for as that is not fixed with software

Z28Envy
05-16-2008, 01:17 AM
We have had verizon for about 3 years now and they have been pretty good. My finace had a chocolate phone until last week. It was her second one in about 6 months. First one would just start calling random people and she wouldn't know it. It would be sitting on the counter and just call someone.:rolf Then last week, I was looking at her phone and the touch screen stopped working. Took it to the verizon store in Grafton and the service guy there looked at it for about five minutes and then comes back and said that it had water damage. I told him he was full of it and that it hadn't been around water all day and that I was just using it when it stopped working. He showed me the smudge marking thing on the battery that tells them if it has seen water. I know the phone didn't get wet at all but arguing with him was getting know where and she need a phone so I just bought a new one.

Other than this last experience, verizon has been great and we have jumped around to different plans many times.

wikked
05-16-2008, 10:05 AM
I'm able to use my LG VX9900 (aka the enV) as a tethered modem device on my laptop. I had to use an EVDO software to modify a few internal settings in the phone.

link plz :]

Holeshot
05-16-2008, 10:06 PM
I bluetooth my phone for data on my laptop.

Rocket Power
05-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Got my and my wife's enV's both upgraded with new software, took like an hour to do both, we just went for lunch , came back and they were done:thumbsup
I also got a micro sd card and music kit to make it an MP3 player for me. Actually sounds pretty good with the little headphones

MoCkiN U
05-17-2008, 07:51 PM
neat trick for the envy or phones like it. Use the sound recorder in the phone

1. Menu
2. Get it now
3. Music & Tones
4. My sounds
5. Record new sound

This could be used for favorite car screaming down the strip, kids laughing, occassional classic fart. Record the sound in the phone and then.....

Text the sound to yourself by choosing "send" in the sounds menu. Once you receive the sound as a text you can choose to SET AS RINGTONE under the options menu of the text message.

pretty much the only way to get those types of sounds as ringtones. I have my mustang sreaming down the road on my phone I can text out of any V8 fans want it.

88Nightmare
05-17-2008, 07:57 PM
i have a PC data cable for my enV and a few software programs and just make my own ringtones. I can do the same with a soundclip much like you are talking about.

lilws6
05-18-2008, 09:48 AM
i amn not impressed by vzw at all. my family has also had it since it was primeco then when i turened 16 i got a phone cuz i was driving i was with them for 4 years and could never get proper reception ever all my freinds had us cellular so 2 years ago we switched to them and i havent' had a problem with reception but i do keep breaking my phones so insurance is a good thing

MoCkiN U
05-18-2008, 11:13 AM
^Actually thats the good thing about wireless. Most companies have a trial period where you can test them out to see if they work for you. Just because verizon is #1 in the nation doesnt mean they will work in your home area as you found. No company works everywhere or there wouldnt be competition

lilws6
05-18-2008, 01:23 PM
you are exactly right and so far i haven't had any problems with them and you are right about the verizon store on blue mound there kinda i don't know how to say it weird with there customer service

Rocket Power
05-18-2008, 02:43 PM
I had nothing but problems with US Cellular, it would drop calls to a landline when I had 3 bars of signal. I can use my verizon phone inside our steel building. One of my friends gets great reception everywhere but his house.

MoCkiN U
05-18-2008, 03:21 PM
I have been in wireless for 8 years now with Sprint, Nextel, Cingular/At&t, and now Verizon. Only company who worked in my building was sprint but I just cant stand their india based customer service.

Love my other phones. Have nothing bad to say about any of those companies as they all have good stuff. I push Verizon most cause it effects my paycheck but the truth is all those companies do great things. Cant say anything about Us Cell except that they took over voicestream with a struggling network and at first had the $35 plan for 1000 minutes and people lined up outside their store for weeks to get it but the network failed bad (voicestreams fault) and Us Cell looked bad.

Seems they got past that now.

If the internet talks about Alltel purchasing the sprint network rights go through then the rest of the national players have serious competition.

Thats right people, I'm a honest salesman with conscious (go figure)