PDA

View Full Version : I think I have a problem

Neal Steffek
05-14-2008, 05:18 AM
OK, I think I have a problem. Every night I don't go to bed till 5AM at the earlyest. I help run a night club downtown and dont get home till late and on my off nights I go out drinking and go to after bar partys and get home late.

Like tonight I just got home and it is quarter after 5 and the sun is coming up. This wouldn't be a bad thing but when I go to bed I dont wake up till noon or even 2 in the afternoon. I dont feel like a drunk and I make really good money so my question is this.....

Is it ok to keep living my life style being the rockstar party animal if that is what I have to do to pay my bills, or will this some how be bad for me in the long run? I know many people have 3rd shift jobs but this feels different to me. Like I am getting paid to party and ruin my life.

thoughts?

Z28Envy
05-14-2008, 05:27 AM
Sounds to me like you are single, paying your bills, happy and enjoying yourself! Sounds to me like a good deal! I work 5:30pm to 6:00am 4 to 6 days a week. I will trade with you!!:goof I say enjoy yourself while you can.:thumbsup

Breecher_7
05-14-2008, 05:49 AM
OK, I think I have a problem. Every night I don't go to bed till 5AM at the earlyest. I help run a night club downtown and dont get home till late and on my off nights I go out drinking and go to after bar partys and get home late.

Like tonight I just got home and it is quarter after 5 and the sun is coming up. This wouldn't be a bad thing but when I go to bed I dont wake up till noon or even 2 in the afternoon. I dont feel like a drunk and I make really good money so my question is this.....

Is it ok to keep living my life style being the rockstar party animal if that is what I have to do to pay my bills, or will this some how be bad for me in the long run? I know many people have 3rd shift jobs but this feels different to me. Like I am getting paid to party and ruin my life.

thoughts?

I have to agree with the above. Your are working, you are paying bills and you are having a good time. Sounds like a great job to me. Hiring? :stare

awsomeears
05-14-2008, 07:52 AM
I'll agree 50/50

Depends are you investing anything right now ? Roth IRA, 401K, checking, savings or home ?

What I would hate to see happen is, lets say you get fired tomorrow. What will you do, fall back on ?

If you drink every night you are doomed to be in a world of pain, I know where you work and I'm not sure if you do or do not drink on the job. If you don't then thats great, if you do and then when you have your nights off you party your ass off thats trouble for the liver man.

I love to party myself but common sense kicks in at times :)

Hell I was just out last night with a Date with the lady that sits on a Moon <3

Neal Steffek
05-14-2008, 11:49 AM
I'll agree 50/50

Depends are you investing anything right now ? Roth IRA, 401K, checking, savings or home ?

What I would hate to see happen is, lets say you get fired tomorrow. What will you do, fall back on ?

If you drink every night you are doomed to be in a world of pain, I know where you work and I'm not sure if you do or do not drink on the job. If you don't then thats great, if you do and then when you have your nights off you party your ass off thats trouble for the liver man.

I love to party myself but common sense kicks in at times :)

Hell I was just out last night with a Date with the lady that sits on a Moon <3

I will give the same line everyone does as far as saving, I do but not as much as I should. I think everyone falls into that. :)

And I do not drink while on the clock. I have to have my shit together if something were to happen. Wether it be a fight, cops doing a random check, if some one were to get hurt and I take them to the hospital, ect ect.

The one thing I can think of that some of you mentioned is this must be why I am single. I can't see any girl wanting to be with a guy who's job it is to let hundreds of girls kiss him, flash him, give him there phone number, or what ever it is drunk girls do when they are there. Sucks but oh well.

Car Guy
05-14-2008, 12:09 PM
If you can look at everything you’re pondering and smile while thinking to yourself "this is great" than keep doing it. If not then maybe it's time for a change, but that's only for you to decide as it's it your life.....

I honestly think way too many people are in denial about how they truly feel. Just because something was great 5 years ago doesn't mean it's great now. Things change, People change, society changes, it all a part of life and you shouldn't be scared of it. Honestly, you will most likely look back at this time period as an awesome chapter in your life, as scary as that may seem.....

So take it for what it is and in a nutshell don't worry, be happy..... :D

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

michelle
05-14-2008, 12:19 PM
Seems like a good opportunity for now, but obviously not something long-term. Unless you are one of those guys that get hotter as they get older, then maybe you can continue doing so and girls will keep flashing you. I would enjoy it while you can, but keep the idea in the back of your mind that it won't be a forever thing. Might help with networking and leading you to the next good opportunity in your life.

And as for the single thing, yeah, I don't think many girls would be okay with it. I know I wouldn't be. It's not easy on a relationship to be working different shifts as it is, let alone in that type of environment. If you would like to see yourself in a serious relationship anytime soon, it might be an idea to look for another job, because you aren't going to find the best type of girls in that atmosphere.

Neal Steffek
05-14-2008, 12:28 PM
[QUOTE=michelle;378826] Unless you are one of those guys that get hotter as they get older, [QUOTE]

Oh, and I am. :thumbsup:banana

Mr Twigbert
05-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Sounds like your missing something in your life..

I suggest mixing in some marijuana and maybe a bit of cocaine.. Then you'll be living the highlife.. :alcoholic

Knyghtmare
05-14-2008, 02:03 PM
I'll trade you for a week, then we will both have a better understanding of your problem and how/if you want to fix it. :headbang

CobraSnake
05-14-2008, 02:32 PM
I can attest for Neal's life. I worked with him for a weekend and it was awesome. I would stay at it until you WANT to settle down with someone or if just isn't for you anymore. You will know if either of those situations happen when the time comes.

Oh and my wife was not happy with me working there either but, at that time I needed money and had no job so big thanks for Neal helping me out in a time of need.

Mark

Yooformula
05-14-2008, 03:02 PM
that shit gets OLD as you get older and when you do end up with a semi normal job/life, your sleep patterns will be whacked out for awhile. I say, while you are living the rockstar life, SAVE as much as humanly possible to make it worthwhile later in life.

lordairgtar
05-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Cool job if you can deal. You must be in your twenties maybe? What is your desire for your life when you are in your forties or fifties? Will the club age with you? Will it become some kind of piano bar where the old guys sit and reminisce about the good old days? As you get older and further away from the target age of the club patrons, it's going to seem harder for you. Where do you see yourself later in life? I was a talent manager for a small strip club in the eighties and I don't think I could do that anymore.

Reverend Cooper
05-14-2008, 06:29 PM
dude your a dunk,just without the piss stains

moels
05-14-2008, 07:19 PM
Well, I would say you are contemplating a change just by you putting this out there. Maybe that right there tells you something. If you like the lifestyle and don't really feel the urge to settle down with someone, I say live it up. When the time comes that you don't want it anymore, then find something normal. Just make sure your banking a decent amount of that good income.

HP ADDICT
05-14-2008, 07:26 PM
When you do leave. I will take the job.

Karps TA
05-14-2008, 07:47 PM
I can tell you sitting in a cubicle staring at a computer, and talking to morons on the phone for 40 hours a week is no way to live a life. I'd rather be doing what you're doing.

Neal Steffek
05-14-2008, 08:20 PM
OK, I have been thinking all day what I need to change in my life. It is not my job, as I love that of course. And I don't mind all the people being early 20's that drink where I am. I think what I need a a REAL girl friend in my life for now. No more of this one night or one week stand thing. The hard part is I am REALLY picky when it comes to the GF thing. Hmmm. Some one find me a hot chick who doesnt smoke, has a job (doesn't even have to be a good one), no kids, and can deal with me being me. No fattys please.

Reverend Cooper
05-14-2008, 09:02 PM
i hear joesepy is avalable she is hot but a little chubby,cutie tho