PDA

View Full Version : leathers

sloLs1
05-13-2008, 10:59 PM
any place stock "race" leathers....

im not looking for harley buttless chapps! but something i can use on my rocket at the track.... i would hate to order because i dont quite know if they'll fit right, i'd like to be able to try them on!

any suggestions??

Junky Giorgio
05-13-2008, 11:19 PM
http://www.spyderleatherworks.com/
Alexa does amazing work. Had my race leathers done by her as well as my older bro for the past 11 years of racing CCS & ASRA.

946speedz
05-14-2008, 12:17 AM
go to your local motorcycle shops, most dealerships have suits, try em on and go from there, i agree with junky alexa does good work, she is quite busy right now, my stuff was over a month late but oh well. i know mid cities in west bend has suits on the rack, pro motorsports in fondy has some as well, just check out your local shops and get some ideas on your size......

Breecher_7
05-14-2008, 05:15 AM
Good luck my friend, I did ALOT of screwing around to find a set that fit right.

946speedz
05-14-2008, 06:59 AM
breech i hear ya man, i had to have my jacket taken in 10" in the waist just to find a leather jacket to fit my chest and shoulders......its tough for us big fellers!

lilws6
05-14-2008, 09:02 AM
i didn't know you could acually have leathers tailored but i guess if you got the right person doing it it would be fine i might have to get a set since my bikes almost 90% done

sloLs1
05-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Good luck my friend, I did ALOT of screwing around to find a set that fit right.

agreed!

pOrk
05-14-2008, 06:27 PM
sportbiketrackgear.com allows you to order the size you think fits, and if it doesn't fit you can exchange for another size and pay shipping. Otherwise, if you ever travel south visit cyclegear.com they have tons of stuff in stock.

I also heard Corse carrys alot of gear.

946speedz
05-14-2008, 08:07 PM
i 2nd the Corse idea, i was there 2 weeks ago and they had alot of suits

sloLs1
05-14-2008, 08:43 PM
i 2nd the Corse idea, i was there 2 weeks ago and they had alot of suits

where is that?

946speedz
05-14-2008, 09:24 PM
saukville, right off hwy 43 on the hwy 33 exit.....big tan building with ducati stripes around the building

Crawlin
05-15-2008, 07:34 AM
i think i'm heading up there today. went to alot of the "local" places around here. No one had anything. They all said it'd be a week before seeing even just some alpinestar leather pants. not even a full suit.

looks like tomorrow is supposed to be decent for GLD, so i'm gonna take the trip up there today.

sloLs1
05-15-2008, 01:06 PM
i think i'm heading up there today. went to alot of the "local" places around here. No one had anything. They all said it'd be a week before seeing even just some alpinestar leather pants. not even a full suit.

looks like tomorrow is supposed to be decent for GLD, so i'm gonna take the trip up there today.

same here maybe i'll see you up there!

Crawlin
05-15-2008, 02:37 PM
I just got back about 30 minuts ago. The alpinestar pants only that i wanted were a tad bit too big. just around the waist area felt about 1/2-1" too big. the kneed pucks were a little below my knee for the 54 size. but when i'm tucked maybe it wouldn't be too bad?

they have a TON of boots in stock. that's for damn sure. leather suits not too many choices, but maybe they had some more in back. I'm about 6'1" and 175lbs. I think the 52 is gonna be my size. They have a 54 that's a full suit that is heavily discounted from last year's model, but i really don't like the red/white/silver/black coloring.

Do most of you guys wear stuff UNDER the leather? like under armor or something?

946speedz
05-15-2008, 04:44 PM
under armor is the suggested wear under leathers. Crawlin is this your first suit or racing style pant? just to clarify, the knee pucks arent supposed to be directly over your knee cap......http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Photos/Aaron_Yates_Fontana.jpg

Breecher_7
05-15-2008, 06:44 PM
Under Armor here.......

Crawlin
05-15-2008, 07:12 PM
YEAH IT'S MY FIRST SET. oops caps lock...

it wasn't DIRECTLY under, but yeah it would have looked like the pic. so i guess it was alright. but the waist was still a little big i think. but the under armor isn't that thick to take up alot of room.

Breecher_7
05-15-2008, 07:27 PM
You want it to fit like a glove. You do not want the leathers to move much if at all. Its best to try them on with what you plan to where under them.

Crawlin
05-15-2008, 07:29 PM
yeah, than those 54's were way too big.

sloLs1
05-15-2008, 07:44 PM
yea just got back... im 6' and and weight 155.... so all that shit was definatly too big!

Crawlin
05-15-2008, 07:56 PM
there was a full suit alpinestar there that was a 48 that would have been the same as the one I would be getting. that should have fit you. ahhaha

sloLs1
05-15-2008, 10:41 PM
there was a full suit alpinestar there that was a 48 that would have been the same as the one I would be getting. that should have fit you. ahhaha

that'll fit 2 of me!

btw... we could always make some street passes....

Crawlin
05-16-2008, 05:46 AM
no no no...

did you talk to anyone about it? there was the lady up front who was REALLY nice. they had the female american bulldog running around the place too. that dog was awesome!

anyways, those numbers are TOTALLY different than what you are thinking of when you think of normal jeans. I wear a size 32/34 jeans(i'm skinny too), but yet the pants size i'd be looking at for the leathers are 52/54. You have to try it on. They have sizing charts there to help you out a bit. There's a pair of Dainese pants there that are a 54 that I'm gonna try on today. They are supposed to be "european" according to the lady, so they are for a skinnier rider.

So that 48 would fit someone like 5/10 150lbs, so it might actually fit you.

sloLs1
05-16-2008, 10:00 AM
no no no...

did you talk to anyone about it? there was the lady up front who was REALLY nice. they had the female american bulldog running around the place too. that dog was awesome!

anyways, those numbers are TOTALLY different than what you are thinking of when you think of normal jeans. I wear a size 32/34 jeans(i'm skinny too), but yet the pants size i'd be looking at for the leathers are 52/54. You have to try it on. They have sizing charts there to help you out a bit. There's a pair of Dainese pants there that are a 54 that I'm gonna try on today. They are supposed to be "european" according to the lady, so they are for a skinnier rider.

So that 48 would fit someone like 5/10 150lbs, so it might actually fit you.

damnit... i fail!

i didnt talk to anyone... and that dog wouldnt leave my girlfriend alone because she has dogs and such:rolf