PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good Detailer or Detailing shop

03CVLX
05-12-2008, 11:29 PM
I would like to get my Dads 1969 Ford Galaxie convertible detailed. I am looking for some leads on where a good place to go is. I would do it myself but I am dealing with 40 year old original paint and I am afraid Ill screw something up. Its in relatively nice shape but you can see some small fade spots starting.

Flicktitty
05-12-2008, 11:32 PM
i think Pork's brother does it. or did it might wanna send him a PM. or PM nismodave he had his Mazda 6 done and i heard it looked great.

MoCkiN U
05-12-2008, 11:59 PM
www.jasonsautospa.com He is just over the state line in IL. He is doing my car first week in june

03CVLX
05-13-2008, 12:10 AM
www.jasonsautospa.com He is just over the state line in IL. He is doing my car first week in june

I have seriously thought about taking it to Jason. Just trying to find the time is all thats holding me back.

That_Guy
05-13-2008, 12:56 AM
I have seriously thought about taking it to Jason. Just trying to find the time is all thats holding me back.

i do detailing on the side. i deal with alot of boats.. but its much easier to do car. if ill post a few pictures when i get the chance.

pOrk
05-13-2008, 01:14 AM
My brother does it to help pay for college, Wayne here on the forum has used him before and seemed to be pretty happy. I have too, and he still charges me and I think its worth every cent.

Reverend Cooper
05-13-2008, 05:48 AM
custom portering ask for barb they do my car and its great when they are done

Breecher_7
05-13-2008, 06:03 AM
I need my truck done. Gone over front to back with all the fixins.....

nismodave
05-13-2008, 06:29 AM
X2 For Custom Portering in Butler....Ask for Barb, tell her Dave with Blue Nissan sent you.

T-Bag
05-13-2008, 06:54 AM
custom portering ask for barb they do my car and its great when they are done

+1 for custom portering in Butler. They do an excellent job. They will not let the car leave unless the job is done perfect.

I only needed my exterior cleaned up and buffed and Barb ended up vacuuming my interior as well.

TURTLE
05-13-2008, 07:52 AM
i use a shop out here in oconomowoc called shade tree portering... mike's a good guy, and does some excellent work no matter what state the car is in...

FASTZ2895
05-13-2008, 08:52 AM
X2 For Custom Portering in Butler....Ask for Barb, tell her Dave with Blue Nissan sent you.

Can I get a number to call Barb...Thank You:thumbsup

moels
05-13-2008, 09:10 AM
Just did a search for Custom Portering by Barbie, here is the info:

4509 North 126th Street
Butler, Wisconsin, 53007
Phone: (262)783-6288

Cryptic
05-13-2008, 09:33 AM
Brian @ http://cleanestcars.com/

Tell him Andy from BCM sent ya. He's done my old GTX a few times. He works on alot of classics as Gus' Drive-in.

Car Guy
05-13-2008, 10:17 AM
I am dealing with 40 year old original paint

Has anyone taken this ^^^ into consideration when making there suggestion...???

I'm in the same boat with my paint on my `72, and if mine has one-stage lacquer I know the Galaxie does. Lacquer paint is quite different from today's base coat/clear coat method and takes different skill to do it up right. I did receive one reference from someone on here (from an earlier thread I posted) but haven't had a chance to really set something up yet. I do know from calling around a few times that not all places will want to deal with it.....

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Karps TA
05-13-2008, 10:29 AM

Tell him Andy from BCM sent ya. He's done my old GTX a few times. He works on alot of classics as Gus' Drive-in.

Brian came out and did my TA last year and did a nice job. :thumbsup

03CVLX
05-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Has anyone taken this ^^^ into consideration when making there suggestion...???

I'm in the same boat with my paint on my `72, and if mine has one-stage lacquer I know the Galaxie does. Lacquer paint is quite different from today's base coat/clear coat method and takes different skill to do it up right. I did receive one reference from someone on here (from an earlier thread I posted) but haven't had a chance to really set something up yet. I do know from calling around a few times that not all places will want to deal with it.....

Your exactly right Car Guy, thats the part that is scaring me away from just doing it myself, I really want someone who knows what they are doing with the single stage Lacquer paints, Although after looking at that link of Andys I may call or email him to see what he says. He had quite a bit of old stuff on his site.

Car Guy
05-13-2008, 11:08 AM
Although after looking at that link of Andys I may call or email him to see what he says. He had quite a bit of old stuff on his site.

Let me know what he says, I'm just trying to see what's out there before making a decision.....

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

wrath
05-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Lacquer paint isn't hard. I actually think it's easier than two-stage. The problem is that people today rely on being able to *see* everything instead of *knowing* and *feeling* when doing body work on a car.

Today's two-stage paints made people lazy, that's the only reason why lacquer is difficult.

Something worth pissing and moaning about is Imron, it's a lot of work to get Imron to look good after it has been neglected.

A D/A sander with a wool bonnet strapped on it and a bottle of DuPont No. 7... several hours and an angry air compressor later it'll be pretty. Since it's lacquer you probably don't even need to wet-sand it.

awsomeears
05-13-2008, 12:50 PM

Just reading his articles about restoring that BMW paint sells me on this guy :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

wow !!!

tommyt5078
05-13-2008, 04:45 PM

It says location is Lake Zurich Illinois, that's what 30+ miles into Illinois :rolf