PDA

View Full Version : HBO will be filming at GLD....this SUNNDAY!!!

2QUICK4U
10-22-2003, 02:10 PM
READ WHAT I FOUND ON "GLD" HOMEPAGE:

SUNDAY ! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!

OCTOBER 26, 2003

We have been notified that a representative from NBC will be at GLD this Sunday filming for an HBO Documentary on "Urban Motorsports Clubs". From the Chicagoland area the club to be representative is "#1 Stunters" Besides filming the club's vehicles at the track they will also film the club's bike paticipating in stunt exercises.

Upon discussion with the club's representative, we discovered that one of the reasons why they where formed was to discourage street racing and to offer alternatives.

We informed them that we promote at GLD as alternative to street racing. such as, our Fun Racing (i.e Test & Tune Nights), Jr Dragster Program, Bracket Racing, Import Race Series, High School "Beat the Heat Nights" and the "Real Street Drags" we host on Thursday Nights. plus more. There is the possibility that filming and interviewing from representatives of these groups would be done for the HBO documentary. We are looking for a commitemnt from a select few from the programs to make themselves available this day. If you are interested please contact Marcel at his Office at 847-215-8630 to be put on the list. Remember you snooze you lose!OCTOBER 26, 2003

ANYONE GOING TO THIS????:confused

Scales
10-23-2003, 08:34 AM
I won't be able to make it to the Saturday one because I work, but I might be able to go on Sunday. What time does it start/stop???

2QUICK4U
10-23-2003, 10:07 AM
Yeah I will be there this Sunday!

It looks like 9:00 to 5:00.....BUT I bet if there is a good turn out they might stay open longer!

:3gears:

Syclone0044
10-24-2003, 01:39 AM
Don't count on it. I went on Saturday to CPONYGO days and was there for 7 hours and got 3 runs in. There was so many cars we waited over 2 hours between some runs. They announced they would stay open past 8. 8 PM rolls around and they said staging lanes are being closed. We were done by 8:15. :mad:

ruhlahan
10-30-2003, 02:29 AM
Anybody go to this, and if you did, how was the turnout?? I was gonna go, but decided on byron instead so I knew I would get to run... 8 times by 3 in fact

CruxGNZ
10-30-2003, 04:24 PM
Wasn't a very good turnout. 40 degrees and overcast, looked like it was going to rain the entire time we were down there. Got about 1 pass down the track per hour.

!M!

ruhlahan
10-31-2003, 12:21 AM
If it was overcast and a bad turnout, how did you only get one pass per hour??

Neal Steffek
10-31-2003, 01:11 AM
If it was overcast and a bad turnout, how did you only get one pass per hour??

Because it was at GLD. You could be the only car there and still only get 1 run per hour. (if you are lucky) :flamet