PDA

View Full Version : What are my options?

Cutlass Queen
05-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Okay as everyone may know I am having an issue with the company Badger Plating for my motorcycle rims being chromed. I know of some of you don't want to hear it, and if that's the case dont read the rest of this thread or bash in it. I am just looking for advice on what my options are on the new update I have.

I was going through my paperwork for my rims and found a slip saying that Badger Plating sent my rims out to a company to get done. Turns out my rims have a 2 year warranty on them :stare I call the company up explaining the issue I'm going through, and they tell me that they have no problem redoing them, just that I have to go through Badger as I originally went through. Something about breaking a contract that they have with them.

I call up Badger, get into a 10 minute argument with the lil b!tch receptionist who keeps throwing me on hold about 20 times to speak with the owner/supervisor right next to her. Finally after stating all the facts I know, I get transferred to a supervisor. I explain my issue, he states he'll call me back. I highly doubt I'll get a call back.

Question I have is, what can I do to get this warranty taken care of? I don't want any money back, I just want my rims done correctly. Hell Ill even take care of the shipping and what not through the company that did them. I have no problem with that. Is there anything I can do to get this taken care of as there is a warranty? Please help.

Deana

moels
05-12-2008, 12:25 PM
I can't see why Badger wouldn't ship them to the company for a redo. I don't know what other issues there are with them though.

Flicktitty
05-12-2008, 12:27 PM
i would just show up there

moels
05-12-2008, 12:35 PM
I agree, just show up with rims in a box and explain that you talked to the company that did them and that they are fine with redoing them. It will be harder to give you a hassle in person. Take someone along for support if you need it, that may help.

forest
05-12-2008, 12:52 PM
I agree, just show up with rims in a box and explain that you talked to the company that did them and that they are fine with redoing them. It will be harder to give you a hassle in person. Take someone along for support if you need it, that may help.

+1 make it a large person that goes with you as well haha

Car Guy
05-12-2008, 12:57 PM
I'll go with you because I'm pretty sure I know the receptionist, did you get her name by chance...???

And even if I don't know anybody there I'm good to have on your side in these types of situations.....:devil :devil :devil

Just let me know, I don't live that far from there so it wouldn't be a big deal.....

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

xxtremeteam
05-12-2008, 02:39 PM
you could always do the contact 6 deal again?

Cutlass Queen
05-12-2008, 07:06 PM
I'll go with you because I'm pretty sure I know the receptionist, did you get her name by chance...???

And even if I don't know anybody there I'm good to have on your side in these types of situations.....:devil :devil :devil

Just let me know, I don't live that far from there so it wouldn't be a big deal.....

The receptionist was a complete b!tch to me. She's lucky I couldn't reach my hand through the phone. I tried going there and they stated that acid was thrown on my rims to cause this, even though they are dipped in an acid bath to get everything off. :chair:

you could always do the contact 6 deal again?

That was my next thought because these rims are under warranty. It's just a simple form that has to be filled out. I've documented everything from this whole ordeal as I am now thinking of small claims court. :mad:

Crawlin
05-12-2008, 07:11 PM
First response...

"***** why would I toss acid on these rims after JUST getting them chromed?"

Second response...

I'd call up the company that warranties them and get a pick up slip number from fedex or ups or whoever. I'd tell them that they'll be dropped off at Badger, but because of customer service issues, you would rather they have as little contact with that company as possible, and that for the interest of their own company, might want to rethink that work contract. And then see if atleast them being shipped THROUGH the company is good enough, and possibly dropped shipped back to your house or work

Chris

Cutlass Queen
05-12-2008, 07:19 PM
First response...

"***** why would I toss acid on these rims after JUST getting them chromed?"

Second response...

I'd call up the company that warranties them and get a pick up slip number from fedex or ups or whoever. I'd tell them that they'll be dropped off at Badger, but because of customer service issues, you would rather they have as little contact with that company as possible, and that for the interest of their own company, might want to rethink that work contract. And then see if atleast them being shipped THROUGH the company is good enough, and possibly dropped shipped back to your house or work

Chris

I tried that Chris. I spoke with the company that did them, and they said I have to have them sent through Badger even though I explained the issue to them. They stated it be breaking a contract with them. I told them it makes their company look even worse for doing business with them. :(

Crawlin
05-12-2008, 08:18 PM
i gotcha. i guess i just didn't know the extent of what was needed for it to "go through badger". I mean technically, if they tell you exactly when the ups/fed ex truck will be showing up, if you have them boxed up and ready to ship when they get picked up, TECHNICALLY, they are going through Badger, hahaha

team beater
05-12-2008, 09:22 PM
I would go there speak with someone who is a decision maker, not the phone girl, communicate clearly and to the point, support your point with logic reasoning, and inform he/she what your expectations are for a result....MOST IMPORTANTLY.... be calm and civil. Nobody wants to help someone who is a ass-hat. Besides more arguments are won when they are well planned and emotionless than ones that are unplanned and full of anger.

my 2 cents

Good luck

Reverend Cooper
05-12-2008, 09:28 PM
take someone with you when you go to listen to the conversation,take a video camera it makes them nervous

Car Guy
05-12-2008, 09:49 PM
What was the receptionist’s name...???

Cutlass Queen
05-12-2008, 11:51 PM
What was the receptionist’s name...???

I think Jenny, but I'm not 100% sure.

I would go there speak with someone who is a decision maker, not the phone girl, communicate clearly and to the point, support your point with logic reasoning, and inform he/she what your expectations are for a result....MOST IMPORTANTLY.... be calm and civil. Nobody wants to help someone who is a ass-hat. Besides more arguments are won when they are well planned and emotionless than ones that are unplanned and full of anger.

my 2 cents

Good luck

I tried the best I could to be calm , but I was being refused to speak to any supervisors or even the owner. Finally after arguing I got atleast an accountant supervisor to hear the issue.

FASTZ2895
05-13-2008, 09:17 AM
I tried the best I could to be calm , but I was being refused to speak to any supervisors or even the owner. Finally after arguing I got atleast an accountant supervisor to hear the issue.

File a complaint with the Better Business:thumbsup

Crawlin
05-13-2008, 09:38 AM
step 1 - bring in a small tv and VCR....
step 2 - play said video of katrina cravy contact 6 episode with you in it....
step 3 - show cell phone with Katrina on speed dial and ability to have her their within 20 minutes

nuff said :)

Cutlass Queen
05-13-2008, 09:46 AM
step 1 - bring in a small tv and VCR....
step 2 - play said video of katrina cravy contact 6 episode with you in it....
step 3 - show cell phone with Katrina on speed dial and ability to have her their within 20 minutes

nuff said :)

LMAO! Anyone wanna be the camera man for me :)

I said I would file a complaint with the BBB, I was told go right ahead do what you have to do. If that's not provoking me idk what is lol

Car Guy
05-13-2008, 10:05 AM
I said I would file a complaint with the BBB, I was told go right ahead do what you have to do. If that's not provoking me idk what is lol

That right there proves that they don't give a sh!t about anything. If (when) I get a business going and someone told that to me (BBB) I'd at least try to do SOMETHING to make the customer happy so they wouldn't call. Especially if it meant just sending it to someone else to do the work, just ridiculous.....:rolleyes:

That place is definitely a LOT bigger of a sh!t hole that I thought, and the name of the receptionist that I know works there full time is Maggie. She's my very good friends sister and I won't even waste the small amount of bandwidth going into it about her.....:loser

jbiscuit
05-13-2008, 10:07 AM
http://mymedia.myfoxmilwaukee.com/media01/Avatar/00000/93/48/Mw~~NDg522937_med.jpg

Cutlass Queen
05-13-2008, 10:09 AM
That right there proves that they don't give a sh!t about anything. If (when) I get a business going and someone told that to me (BBB) I'd at least try to do SOMETHING to make the customer happy so they wouldn't call. Especially if it meant just sending it to someone else to do the work, just ridiculous.....:rolleyes:

That place is definitely a LOT bigger of a sh!t hole that I thought, and the name of the receptionist that I know works there full time is Maggie. She's my very good friends sister and I won't even waste the small amount of bandwidth going into it about her.....:loser

I'm calling them again today as the last chance for them as no one called me back yesterday. Step 2 of this issue may be beginning today.

http://mymedia.myfoxmilwaukee.com/media01/Avatar/00000/93/48/Mw~~NDg522937_med.jpg

Katrina Cravy FTMFW!:headbang

Car Guy
05-13-2008, 10:19 AM
Be sure to ask who you're talking to EVERY TIME, learned that real quick when dealing with sh!t like this.....

Cutlass Queen
05-13-2008, 11:10 AM
Be sure to ask who you're talking to EVERY TIME, learned that real quick when dealing with sh!t like this.....

I have so far with everyone I called, got notes and bills for everything for documentation....I forgot her name as I was beyond angry after she said acid was thrown on the rims :chair:

Btw - thansk for the name :thumbsup

Car Guy
05-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Let me know if it's her.....

Cutlass Queen
05-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Let me know if it's her.....

Will do....If she's the one who always answers the phone than yah it's her. Are you a fan of her at all?

jbiscuit
05-13-2008, 11:16 AM
call/email KATRINA!

Car Guy
05-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Are you a fan of her at all?

Please RE-read the end of post #19.....:thumbsup

DON'T MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT ME KNOWING HER IF YOU TWO DO SPEAK AGAIN. It's always good to keep stuff like that on the DL and keep them in the dark.....:devil

call/email KATRINA!

'HURRICANE' Katrina FTW...!!! Not bad to :stare at either.....:D

Cutlass Queen
05-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Please RE-read the end of post #19.....:thumbsup

DON'T MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT ME KNOWING HER IF YOU TWO DO SPEAK AGAIN. It's always good to keep stuff like that on the DL and keep them in the dark.....:devil

'HURRICANE' Katrina FTW...!!! Not bad to :stare at either.....:D

Hehe whoopsie forgot you said that. Thanks for the heads up. I won't say anything btw :thumbsup

I called today and was thrown on hold for 5 minutes until the supervisor came on the phone. He pushed me off again and said something about he had to look up a contract I signed, and I would hear back no later than tomorrow. The only thing I remember signing is the receipt which I have a copy of. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt (though I'm officially done dealing with them now) until tomorrow to call me and tell me another bs story. I'm thinking step 2 of this ordeal will begin this week.

Thanks everyone for all of your help and advice!

CobraSnake
05-13-2008, 12:00 PM
LMAO! Anyone wanna be the camera man for me :)

were you really on Contact 6??

Cutlass Queen
05-13-2008, 12:59 PM
were you really on Contact 6??

Yep 2 years ago, Wayne told me of a thread that was on here, and the rest is history lol

Crawlin
05-13-2008, 01:12 PM
YEAH....

WHOOPING... straight DRAGGIN the southside lincoln :)

(sorry mark) hahaha

xxsn0blindxx
05-13-2008, 01:29 PM
What exactly happened? When were the wheels chrome plated, have they been used and what is the extent of the damage? Did you inspect the wheels when you picked them up from plating? Did you sign anything when you picked them up that stated you inspected them? What is the warranty from Badger?

On a side note, the company that did the plating work for Badger cannot take warranty claims from the end-user and should not be expected to. Not doing so does not make them look bad because they are a business-to-business company. If anything, allowing the end user to circumvent their customer would make them look bad. I work in customer service for a manufacturing company and we get end users who find us and call in for warranty work, but we have to send them back to our customer to process the warranty returns. Also, despite the fact that the 2nd company offers a 2-year warranty, that warranty is to Badger plating, not the end user. Ultimately the only warranty you have is what Badger offers because you are badger's customer not the 2nd company's and the only warranty you have is what Badger sold to you.

I'm not in any way implying CutlassQueen is making a bogus claim, this is just in response to some of the other posts. As far as the threat of BBB or Channel 6, we would occasionally get those threats at retail store I worked at for several years. They were always from people who were in the wrong and wanted something for free. The most that ever came of it was once Katrina called my boss who explained the situation and it was pretty clear there was no wrong doing. So just because a threat of going to BBB or Channel 6 is made does not mean you should be obligated to jump through hoops for a customer, sometimes customers are just trying to take advantage of businesses. There should be a Better Seller's Bureau that tells you which customer's are more of a headache than their business is worth.

Having worked in some form of customer service for the past 10 years I can tell you the best way to get this resolved is to go down there. Be patient but firm and don't get hysterical. Being calm and prepared with a strong case will get the best results. Unless the company is just unscrupulous you should get taken care of. Of course this is all under the assumption that there is a warranty on the plating, but I would need to know more about the story for that.

Car Guy
05-13-2008, 01:50 PM
I have one question for you after reading over all the facts again.....

What was the warranty presented to you BY Badger when you originally had them done...???

WickedSix
05-13-2008, 06:04 PM
I have dealt with the BBB alot from working in a small tire shop in an even smaller town.... I went threw two mediation meetings and I love the BBB for it because it sits everyone down and just tries to make things right.

Now i never heard ANYTHING about badger plating before...but from where I come from IF YOU CAN'T DO IT, you recommend who can. I have sent tons of work to competitors because our little shop didnt have the capacity to do things.

Anyone who knows even a tidbit about plating aluminum knows it is pretty easy to eff it up. Aluminum needs to be plated with a substrate that is more conductive first to provide a quality surface for the nickel and chrome plating. The first plating is copper iirc it may be zinc then copper....but somewhere between the copper plating and the chrome they effed up....and they are willing to admit that freely and fix it but need authorization from who they maintain a contract with .... .Badger. When someone comes back to you with a problem about your work you honestly try to help... it seems badger has basically said go fvck yourself thus far.

I think mediation or court will be the solution if they continue to be unwilling to assist. And even if they did not express a warranty they can still be held liable for their work. They took money for a service...a service that was poorly rendered....they have a debt to make it right imho.

Windsors 03 Cobra
05-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Very very few shoppes doing decorative chrome, even less doing it for folks off the street.
I'm sure it was much different 50 years ago when chrome was everywhere and nobody cared when plating operations were pouring nasty caustic chemicals into rivers and storm drains.

WickedSix
05-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Very very few shoppes doing decorative chrome, even less doing it for folks off the street.
I'm sure it was much different 50 years ago when chrome was everywhere and nobody cared when plating operations were pouring nasty caustic chemicals into rivers and storm drains.

yeah hex chrome is gawd awful stuff and most platers can't afford to treat it these days....there has been advances in chelates that can collect more hex chrome without it being reduced.... but still $$

it sucks cus done right chrome is a pretty functional finish....done wrong the porousity of the chrome allows chemical attack of the substrate

Cutlass Queen
05-13-2008, 08:55 PM
I have a 1 year warranty through Badger, and the warranty expires May 21st. My opinion as to why they keep pushing me off.

I understand that the company they sent them to can do nothing, I am not after them. I am after the fact that I know my rims were fvcked up and there is a warranty for them to be fixed correctly. I have been on contact 6 and as a matter of fact it worked for me. No offense to you snOblind but in your post I feel as if you're labeling as someone who wants money from a company. That in all, is not this case. I do not want to go to court, and that will be my last option if this does not get resolved. All I want are my rims fixed as I paid a lot of money to get them done correctly. All I am expecting is the correct service for the money I paid.

Everybody who knows me, knows I take care and pride in my motorcycle and cars. I do not drive my motorcycle in any type of bad weather. I didn't take the bike out anywhere near salt, I store it inside, and I maintain it. I dont ride it in rain, and all I have gotten outta the use in these wheels were from May to Sept. Now they look like sh!t.

Car Guy
05-13-2008, 10:50 PM
I honestly can't beleive they are d!cking you around that much with a 1 year warranty. Have you asked them what the hell the warranty is good for then...???

For them to claim that you spilled acid on them is just beyond me.....