PDA

View Full Version : Nick Hogan gets sentenced!

HAMRHEAD
05-11-2008, 12:52 AM
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/may/09/me-bollea-to-change-his-plea-from-not-guilty-in-ca/?news-breaking

badass88gt
05-11-2008, 01:08 AM
Not nearly enough.

HAMRHEAD
05-11-2008, 01:29 AM
Should have gotten the 5 yrs.

Breecher_7
05-11-2008, 06:22 AM
What a ****** joke. Im so tired of rich people getting bullshit sentences. 8 months? I bet he is out in less then 6.

Should have gotten ATLEAST 5 years.

95 TA - The Beast
05-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Biggest issue is that they are withholding adjudication of guilt, which basically means that when he is done with his jail time, fulfills his sentencing obligations, and is done with his probation, he basically can have an attorney file to have his record sealed/expunged and he is basically out of this scott-free with no long-term ramifications (ie, he would not have a criminal record, he woiuld not have his civil rights affected) and he would basically carry on as if he was never convicted because that is exactly what happened, he was sentenced but not found guilty, so he is not a felon...

Gotta love it, do basically worse than killing the guy (sorry, but if it were me, for myself and my family, I would NOT want to be kept alive in a state like that, just pull the plug and if I can't stay alive on my own, so be it), and walk away with only state imposed sentences...

Also, the WORST part of this, and the MAIN reason Hulk Hogan didn't want him adjudication of guilt, is because in the civil suit it would have been a complete loss on thier side, with a withheld adjudication of guilt they basically now have a much better chance of getting out of paying for thier sons stupidity...

Personally, this whole dollar-amount lawsuit stuff needs to stop, they need to sue based on percentages of net worth for the rich, in that, say a 'common' middle-class person does the same thing, the family might be devistated and completely bankrupt if they get sued for and have to pay even $250k (which is nothing for such injuries), where-as the Bollea's it would be a joke of a pittence to pay... They should be suing for a solid 50%+ of thier 'worth', not only because they can definitly afford it, but because it will then 'take them down a peg' and hopefully teach them a lessen... Hell they say the Nick raised $60k for the buddy he just about killed, what about any sort of 'direct' contribution in the form of a big check signed?

Oh, I forgot, if they would do that they would be admitting guilt... Ahh, the details, the details... :mad:

Breecher_7
05-11-2008, 08:59 AM
I agree with the above statement for the most part but I do not think that Nicks "family" should be responsible for his actions. He is 17 years old and was tried as an adult. His parents assets should not be available to other parties to sue for. Plain and simple.

The situation is crap. Nick should go to jail for the max sentence and the rest of his life should be a udder hell. But I see no need or reason that makes logical sense to go after his parents assets or that anyone should be able to go after his parents assets. His parents did not commit the crime.

Our judicial system is ******* horrible. We need to go back to the old way of doing things that ACTUALLY tought people a lesson.

You steal, we chop off your hands.

You murder someone, we hang your ass.

Im so ******* tired of this shit. Im tired of paying tax dollars for people to rot in prison for 80 years with no chance of release. It makes NO sense whatsoever and is a burden on the economy.

And as long as im ranting about the economy. I dont think that we are in recession. To me it looks more like people are just to far extended and in debt over there heads so when prices inflate they cannot afford things. If people would live within there ******* means, there wouldnt be problems. Does $5 gas suck, **** yea. But is it bankrupting me or putting me in a bad situation. NO, because I dont live above my means. My best friend is a owner of fairway indepenent, a brokerage. He made a very good point to me the other day about this. WHen he tries to do re-fi's for people and does home appointments to try and figure out there finances and situation. He says he alway sees a nice car and a big screen tv at that house with the people that are badly in debt and with shitty credit.

Dont buy shit you cant afford.

Sorry i got off topic.

95 TA - The Beast
05-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Here is why his parents are responsible: They BOUGHT him his 'toys', thus they are ultimately responsible for what he did with them, and in this case he ruined someones life...

If he was emancipated, out on his own, doing his own thing, and most importantly, WITH HIS OWN, EARNED money, then yes his parents are out of it...

But he is no better than most silver-spoon fed brats, in that his parents gave him lots of cash, he goes and buys expensive toys that are dangerous and he does stupid things with them... He was still living in his parents house, under thier responsibility... THAT is why that should pay...

Granted, he could have had as bad of an accident in a Geo Metro if he was driving stupid enough, but he had a high-horsepower, modified Turbo Supra that was worth a ton of cash... How many 'normal' 16-17 year olds do you see with a car like that? Not many outside of those with parents that have deep pockets...

Breecher_7
05-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Granted, he could have had as bad of an accident in a Geo Metro if he was driving stupid enough, but he had a high-horsepower, modified Turbo Supra that was worth a ton of cash... How many 'normal' 16-17 year olds do you see with a car like that? Not many outside of those with parents that have deep pockets...

The car doesnt matter, plain and simple. Regardless of who purchased the car or who owned the car, that doesnt matter. It was HIS irresponsible actions that caused the accident. No one elses.

His parents should not be responsible and there is no way I can be convinced otherwise.

But im not the judge and I dont make the decisions, therefore my oppinion doesnt matter.

awsomeears
05-11-2008, 11:10 AM
Breecher_7 is on point :thumbsup

Hope the victim gets out of his coma

Deggy
05-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Maybe he will pull a Paris Hilton and not even serve the jail time.

******* celebrities, or there ******* kids.

CobraSnake
05-11-2008, 11:31 AM
who cares

95 TA - The Beast
05-11-2008, 11:38 AM
But, here is another key point, parents have to be made responsible for how they raise thier children... I mean c'mon Nick was more than old enough to know better, and if he knew his actions would be made his parents responsibility because he is a minor living in thier house, maybe, just maybe, he would have thought twice...

You really have to look at it this way, if they pay through the nose, maybe some other rich parents will be scared shitless to buy that nice Mercedes for thier spoiled 16 year old brat, for fear that if they kill someone they will lose a chunk of thier stash...

Back to the Nick thing, again, he had speeding tickets before, racing tickets, etc, etc... They KNEW he was a danger to himself and others and blindly 'hoped' he would grow up... Tough-love would have had them taking all of his cars away and telling him he won't get them abck if he can't keep a clean record... They obviously wanted him to be 'cool' and to 'have fun' as a 'kid', so they should pay the price for not being responsible parents themselves...

And the car most definitly matters, as it is the type power available that strongly influences the way that people drive... That is why insurance is higher for younger drivers with high-powered sports cars vs low-powered economy cars... Sure anyone can get in any sort of accident with anything, point being he reinforced a stereotype about sports cars being dangerous and those stereotypes exist for a reason, which can be proven both statistically, objectively and rationally...

Breecher_7
05-11-2008, 11:42 AM
He is 17, He was tried as an adult. That should say it all. He is responsible, not his parents. If he was tried as a child, it would be different.

And still, the car does not matter. It could have been a f'n yugo with the same outcome.

Karps TA
05-11-2008, 11:45 AM
This is one of those where I'm not sure how I feel on this. I could easily argue both sides.

I've thought for a while that the law needs to make parents more responsible for the upbringing of their children.

However, where does that end. Sure Nick Hogan was given some pretty sweet rides. But do you really think he learned to drive thru Easy Method? The kid has been into motorsports forever and has gone to more driving schools I bet then everyone on this board combined.

The problem was he was a showoff and thought he was invincible. Which pretty much every teenage boy thinks. As for calling his passenger a victim, I don't remember hearing that he was in the car against his will. I would assume that his actions in the car would be much like any other teenager in a cool car, which is egging the driver on to do something stupid. I feel sorry for the kid, but I don't know if I'd use the term victim.

HAMRHEAD
05-11-2008, 03:16 PM
I have to agree with Breecher 7 on this one. They are both valid points but there has to be a line where one is responsible for their own actions. That line is when the law considers you an adult. If you are tried as an adult, there you go. Parents cannot control everything their child does at that age anyway. It just isn't feasible. If he decided to rob a liquor store on the way to school there isn't anything the parents could have done. He would know it is wrong but CHOSE to do it anyway. Just like racing on the street. I do think Nick could have been raised to have more respect for the law and society as a whole but he did know right from wrong and should face the consequences on his own.

Either way he is an idiot!

tommyt5078
05-11-2008, 03:30 PM
I hope to hell that any of you that think he should get the max has never been in trouble before, and I hope to hell krama gets you when you get it trouble and you get the max!!!!!

I feel we have people in place to make sure when someone causes trouble that they get the right punishment, I lost a brother to a motor cycle accident and the driver only got 3 years and I thought this was crazy, but it is what it is, the judge gave what he felt was the right sentence. All I could do is hope the person learned, if not the next he/she will get more time next time.

IMO everyone learns at a different pace, some learn the first time some learn on the third, but everyone deserves a second chance.

Breecher_7
05-11-2008, 03:36 PM
I hope to hell that any of you that think he should get the max has never been in trouble before, and I hope to hell krama gets you when you get it trouble and you get the max!!!!!

I feel we have people in place to make sure when someone causes trouble that they get the right punishment, I lost a brother to a motor cycle accident and the driver only got 3 years and I thought this was crazy, but it is what it is, the judge gave what he felt was the right sentence. All I could do is hope the person learned, if not the next he/she will get more time next time.

IMO everyone learns at a different pace, some learn the first time some learn on the third, but everyone deserves a second chance.

A second chance? He comes from a wealthy household, trust me, 8 months in jail isnt going to change him. 5 years might. That kid is a vegetable and might as well be dead, I know id rather be. I can bet you anything if that would have been jo shmo they would be locked up for alot longer then 8 months.

And as far as HOPING they learned and getting the max next time. The idea is so that there is NO next time.

This goes along with people that ahve been convicted of multiple DUI's there lisence back, Our judicial system is WAY to soft on people.

You know right from wrong, if you **** up, its your ass. Dont be stupid and stay out of trouble and you will be fine.

Not to air your dirty laundry Jer, but if you read this, I would like your oppinion considering your recent experiences.

DynoTom
05-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Yea, the hell with Nick Hogan....That lil spoiled asshat has gotten more chances to do things than MUCH more talented guys would get just because of his famous dad....With the lawsuits coming I will bet ya that the rest of his life will be effected as far as his living the lifestyle he was used to...

That_Guy
05-11-2008, 04:24 PM
hulk hogan pwnds... nick hogan is a douche...

end thread.

fivonut
05-11-2008, 04:25 PM
A second chance? He comes from a wealthy household, trust me, 8 months in jail isnt going to change him. 5 years might. That kid is a vegetable and might as well be dead, I know id rather be. I can bet you anything if that would have been jo shmo they would be locked up for alot longer then 8 months.

And as far as HOPING they learned and getting the max next time. The idea is so that there is NO next time.

This goes along with people that ahve been convicted of multiple DUI's there lisence back, Our judicial system is WAY to soft on people.

You know right from wrong, if you **** up, its your ass. Dont be stupid and stay out of trouble and you will be fine.

Not to air your dirty laundry Jer, but if you read this, I would like your oppinion considering your recent experiences.

X2. Second chances are crap. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. People know what the consequences are and if you're going to be a dumbass at least me man enough to say, "Yup, I ****ed up, I'll take my beating now."

Whether the Hulk is responsible or not, you know damn well he's going to end up footing the bill even if Nick is deemed solely responsible. That's probably why he wants Nick to have a fighting chance in civil court, whether he deserves it or not.

DynoTom
05-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Nick and Hulk have a plan...I guess this is a real conversation that was taped.....

http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/052308_nick_hulk_blame.mp3

Breecher_7
05-26-2008, 12:42 PM
What a ****** clown........