PDA

View Full Version : Need a wedding dinner recommendation

brotherbenn83
05-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Well I am tying the knot in exactly 7 weeks. Afterwards, about 15 or so immediate family and close friends will be joining me and the wife for dinner. We are looking for a nice place that we can have a dinner for 15, perhaps in a private room for less than $1000. We contacted a few places downtown that had $1200-1500 minimums and that would have been okay since my dad had offered to pay for it. Unfortunately, my dad tragically died last week...so now my sister has offered to buy our dinner as a wedding gift, soand I would like to cheapen it a little bit. Anyone have any ideas, or work in a good place for this? Any insight you guys could give me would be much appreciated.

Slow Joe
05-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Golden Mast - Okauchee, WI :thumbsup

xxtremeteam
05-09-2008, 04:48 PM
woodys steak house-kewauskum

CobraSnake
05-09-2008, 04:55 PM
go to the packing house. I believe they have a room in the back. Or Open Flame on hwy 100 and edgerton. Oh and the Packing House is on Layton right across from the airport if you didn't know.

Mark

Deggy
05-09-2008, 05:21 PM
go to the packing house. I believe they have a room in the back. Or Open Flame on hwy 100 and edgerton. Oh and the Packing House is on Layton right across from the airport if you didn't know.

Mark

Packing House sign at a glance looks like it says Fvcking House. :rolf

UnderPSI
05-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Golden mast is a great place to go, they have awesome food there. Also for family style dining Boca de Peppo or something close to that. They have great food you order family style (huge portions you share with everyone) they cater to bigger groups. If you got the cash, Capitol Grill down town. I think they have the best food in town, but you will pay the price for it. Figure $100 per person with a few drinks.

SSDude
05-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Well I am tying the knot in exactly 7 weeks. Afterwards, about 15 or so immediate family and close friends will be joining me and the wife for dinner. We are looking for a nice place that we can have a dinner for 15, perhaps in a private room for less than $1000. We contacted a few places downtown that had $1200-1500 minimums and that would have been okay since my dad had offered to pay for it. Unfortunately, my dad tragically died last week...so now my sister has offered to buy our dinner as a wedding gift, soand I would like to cheapen it a little bit. Anyone have any ideas, or work in a good place for this? Any insight you guys could give me would be much appreciated.

Sorry to hear about your Dad. It's got to be even harder with the wedding coming up.

Sounds like you'll be doing a Friday night which can be busy.
Depends on what cuisine your looking for.

Steak house or supper club.
Hugo's in Franklin on hwy 100 is great.
Mr. Myagi's on 69th and Forest Home
Italian
Ann's, By Holz
Fillipo's in West Allis
:thumbsup

Windsors 03 Cobra
05-09-2008, 08:26 PM
It would probably be beneficial if you posted the geographical area you wanted dine in.

brotherbenn83
05-09-2008, 09:17 PM
sorry, I live on the southside...and looking for either downtown or in the burbs. Hugo's Filipo's and those others sound like good recommendations.

brotherbenn83
05-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Sorry to hear about your Dad. It's got to be even harder with the wedding coming up.

Sounds like you'll be doing a Friday night which can be busy.
Depends on what cuisine your looking for.

Steak house or supper club.
Hugo's in Franklin on hwy 100 is great.
Mr. Myagi's on 69th and Forest Home
Italian
Ann's, By Holz
Fillipo's in West Allis
:thumbsup

Thanks for that, it was really tough losing my dad...he was only 53. That and he was sooooo pumped about the wedding, I'm the first one to get married of his 4 kids...plus my fiancee may be pregnant, so he will miss out on the birth of his first grandchild, never walk my sis down the aisle...the list goes on and on. Death is a mother****er.

Yooformula
05-09-2008, 09:23 PM
sorry to hear about the passing of your dad. congrats on the upcoming wedding though.

lordairgtar
05-09-2008, 10:48 PM
At least no one said Chucky Cheese. :goof

Car Guy
05-10-2008, 01:25 AM
I feel for you with the loss of your father.....

My suggestion may seem shocking to many but there is an OUTSTANDING place in Cudahy (on lake drive) that is hands down my favorite restaurant.....

It's called Sheridan’s, and most people will remember it as Fountain Blue from back in the day. A multi-million $$$ renovation was done and all I have to say is go there and check it out, you won't be disappointed!. The food is OUT OF THIS WORLD good, and when I say "good" I say some of the best you've EVER had. You won't get a big sloppy burger like Red Robin but the food you do get is to die for, well almost :goof . The best part is that it's very reasonable $$$ for the quality of food that you get.....

I'm sure they would be able to accomodate you and your party of 15, check it out ===> http://www.sheridanhouseandcafe.com/ :headbang

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Todd Z
05-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Capital Grille downtown. May be a bit more expensive but it is the best in MIlwaukee when it comes to the entire package, food, service and atmosphere.

GRAMPS SS
05-10-2008, 09:54 PM
sorry to hear about the passsing of your dad....i lost my dad when i was 19.....congrats on the knot tieing.....

try the BEAR out in Germantown....great food...was there with my inlaws when they came up from Indy thursday night....also i have done weddings there,....excellent food and good price as well....i had a filet...done perectly...24.99....try it...you might like it....stay away from the packing house