PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Noise Ordinance

Breecher_7
05-08-2008, 06:02 PM
So Milwaukee is going to put a new noise ordinance into effect equiping the police with decibel monitoring equiptment?

This seems to be directed towards loud car audio.

Personally that shit irritates me as well but I think the city is being very hipicritical.

If there going to start ticketing for exceeding a specific decibel level, they better start ticketing ever asshole harley rider running around with open pipes.

The money the city wastes boggles me.

http://www.myfoxmilwaukee.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=6489500&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.1.1

That_Guy
05-08-2008, 06:07 PM
i have a feeling this will not go over well with a few crowds..

Karps TA
05-08-2008, 06:15 PM
If there going to start ticketing for exceeding a specific decibel level, they better start ticketing ever asshole harley rider running around with open pipes.

http://www.myfoxmilwaukee.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=6489500&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.1.1

My sentiments exactly. It was the first thing I thought of.

Or at the very least ticket those with crappy sounded systems that are all rattle and distortion.

Breecher_7
05-08-2008, 06:16 PM
i have a feeling this will not go over well with a few crowds..

Oh well..... :alcoholic

ThatWhiteCivic
05-08-2008, 06:18 PM
signs in english and spanish

lamo

That_Guy
05-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Oh well..... :alcoholic

to be honest with you this will most likely be profile enforced...

Car Guy
05-08-2008, 06:38 PM

I can see where it'd be seen as a waste of $$$ but it does bother me to a certain point. I think they should only enforce it from 10am to 10pm as that's when it bothers me the most.....

The Harley noise issue is the first thing I thought of when I heard this proposal on the evening news. If they don't also enforce that the proposal is dead in the water before it even gets off the ground. Actually now that I think about it I can guarantee you it won't happen because this town is obsessed with LOUD pipes on Harleys.....:rolleyes:

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Breecher_7
05-08-2008, 06:38 PM
to be honest with you this will most likely be profile enforced...

Yup, and thats bullshit as well.

Karps TA
05-08-2008, 06:40 PM
So wait we can racially profile for loud music, but not for airport security? lol M'am we're going to have to search your walker for explosives. Akmed and Muhammad you can go thru with the fuses in your shoes.

Breecher_7
05-08-2008, 06:41 PM
So wait we can racially profile for loud music, but not for airport security? lol M'am we're going to have to search your walker for explosives. Akmed and Muhammad you can go thru with the fuses in your shoes.

:rolf

Breecher_7
05-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Loud music is quite different than blowing up planes, or flying them into skyscrapers.....:D

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Not entirely, there both loud.... :alcoholic

Karps TA
05-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Living in Milwaukee, I think loud music has a better chance of effecting us. Even terrorists realize there's nothing to blow up here. They could set off a bomb in Grand Avenue and noone would even notice let alone die. Well maybe someone would notice that there's a couple less Footlockers, but that's about it.

Reverend Cooper
05-08-2008, 07:37 PM
well i will be able to add this to the endless list of tickets ive gotten im sure

MurphysLaw88GT
05-08-2008, 07:43 PM
So Milwaukee is going to put a new noise ordinance into effect equiping the police with decibel monitoring equiptment?

Personally that shit irritates me as well but I think the city is being very hipicritical.

werd

95mustang302
05-08-2008, 10:07 PM
good thing were spending money on noise... not like we have a homocide problem or anything dangerous like that...

jamest
05-08-2008, 10:26 PM
good thing were spending money on noise... not like we have a homocide problem or anything dangerous like that...

This is a quality of life issue. Just like someone tagging your garage or breaking out your car window. Anyways, this is a great idea and hopefully this expands to Harleys as well. Giving the average Joe the power to take care of issues in their own neighborhood.

Philly-O
05-08-2008, 11:22 PM
there are plenty of more important things that police should be doing than targeting loud stereos. the alderman needs to go hug a tree.

Al
05-09-2008, 12:18 AM

I agree. There is a point at which these bikes are getting too loud. Some noise can be justified in that it lets your presence be known.

Al
05-09-2008, 12:21 AM

[Police Officer] I heard it before I saw the driver...[/]

70 cutlass 442
05-09-2008, 01:13 AM
racially profiled or not who cares, in intro we learned how to profile people, when statiscitcs show that the majortiy of "x" crimes are commited by "y" people, then you do what you gotta do. If i see a white boy in a explorer driving by bumping NWA i know hes probably smoeking weed, if i see a black guy bumping NWA in a beat up buick with 24" rims in a primarly white beighborhood, you can bet damn well hes selling, so im gonna watch him for anything to pull him over. From a political stand point that is plain wrong which is the side of the fence i would stand one, but from a cops stand point, its and easy contact quota.....

ND4SPD
05-09-2008, 08:38 AM
Anyone have the text of the proposed ordinance?

I just love citizen report laws as we all know how reliable joe-citizen is.

jamest
05-09-2008, 08:53 AM
Anyone have the text of the proposed ordinance?

I just love citizen report laws as we all know how reliable joe-citizen is.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=748844

Up next is HD motorcycles then it would be perfect. However, if you don't have the citizens report, what is obnoxious behavior, then how do you control this crap? Hell during the summer I can hear some cars BLOCKS away blasting some crap that is rattling every bolt out of their car. The cops can't be at every corner and if this provides decent citizens to call it in great and hopefully get some of these dumbasses to turn their shit down.

Larrygto
05-09-2008, 09:37 AM
So if I'm pissed at my neighbor I can just start calling his license plate in so he gets a bunch of fines? I don't think that's going to fly with out proof.

ND4SPD
05-09-2008, 09:59 AM
actually I meant the actual text of the ordinance.

Windsors 03 Cobra
05-09-2008, 10:05 AM
In Racine the law is set up so JOE CITIZEN can call in and tell on a plate who they think was playing the music too loud, but you have to be willing to testify against the person and then you can fear retribution, so its really a big flop, nobody calls and loud music is still played.

brewcity_mach1
05-09-2008, 07:15 PM
they had it on the news today about that.. and they were showing footage on layton blvd. lol! they should be up on capitol dr.