PDA

View Full Version : FS - 96 Reg Cab Short Box Z71 Pickup

PonyKiller87
05-06-2008, 11:29 PM
Well its finaly up for sale.

1996 Regular Cab Short Box Z71 Pickup. $4500 obo

I bought this truck in August of 2001 with 78k on it. I have the car fax report on it from when I bought it. I drove this thing for most of the last 7 years and it now has 203k on it. Yes it has alot of miles but it has been well maintained and it has a ton of new parts. In the last month I have put a new transmission and rearend in the truck due to failure(the rear end locked up and damaged the transmission in the process) I have put about 300 miles on it since the new trans and rear went in and it runs great.

As you can see from the picks the body on this truck is in awesome shape. The black paint on the rockers is actualy bed liner paint that was just put on, very rugged stuff. last fall I took the bed off the truck and did a major overhaul, replaced the stock worn out leak springs with brand new 3/4 ton springs and all new hardware. Stripped and repainted the entire rear frame. and installed a new fuel pump.

The interior is nearly flawless. Its never been smoked in and the carpet was cleaned on a regular basis as long as I have owned it(I hate a dirty truck) Factory power windows, locks, mirrors, Tilt wheel, cruise, A/C, Rear slider window. It has a Pioneer CD player Stereo with remote and MP3 jack built into the dash. The door speakers are new blaupunk, the rears are still stock. There is also a CB radio built into the dash which is hard wired in for power and antena. I added a tahao over head console with the garage door opener, sunglass holder (has a blank panel in front for switches) Electric brake controler for pulling a trailer is mounted down by the cig lighter. All of the dash lights are glow blue. Rear window is tinted to I believe 5% and the side windows are tinted to 35% (slightly darker than legal but Ive never had a problem)

Under the hood It has the vortec 305 with a few mods: Throttle body spacer, shaved throttle blade K&N filter, some of the restriction in the stock air box was cut out. Brand new zz4 roller timing chain, brand new Accel billit Aluminum distributor, new plugs, new wires, new ignition module, Brand new optima red top battery. For as long as I have had the truck I have run Valvoline Max Life(synthetic blend) with 203k on the clock it runs great and doesn't smoke at all. Also comes with a hypertech power programer which allows you to get a little more power out of the truck and adjust for different tire sizes. Right now its set at the stock setting.

Exterior. In the front the truck has a AIM Industries Full Phantom billit grill. Behind the grill are diamond clear head lights and black turn signal / marker lights. Also behind the grill is a perma cool trans cooler, power steering cooler and a wolo horn. The truck has a Lund moon visor on it and comes with a Lund Racer back which was painted to match the truck but never installed. Almost new soft tonneau cover(had to replace the orignal after it was about 100k old) In the rear the tailgate badges were removed, body matched french cut tail light covers were added. The rear bumper has backup lights cut into it and the 7 pin trailer plug.

Exhaust. Its custom, I built it myself and you won't ever see another truck with this setup. The tips are 3.5" square tube stock(matches the size of the hitch) there about 30" long, the split for the quad tip is about 10" from the end. The idea is they blend in with the hitch and you don't notice them. From the tips they go to a Y and then straight to the CAT. THERE IS NO MUFFLER. As it is now its loud, sounds awesome, kind of like a nascar is what a few people have told me. Also the tips are drilled and tapped for spark plugs at all 4 tips(I was going to put a flame kit on it but never got around to it.) The way its piped it would be very easy to add a muffler into the system to quiet it down some.

Tires. Comes with (2) sets of rims and tires. The ones shown are aluminum mag wheels with 33"x10.5 R15 mud tires, there worn and dry rotting but they hold air and will work great in the mud. The second set are steel rims painted blue to match the truck and they have nearly new 31"x10.5 R15 Uniroyal Liberator ATs, these tires are nice on the street, not loud and handle good in rain, snow, mud... . It comes with 2 sets of chrome chevy center caps, unfortunatly one set needs to be modified to work with the wheels that are on it now.

I really don't want to sell this truck but it just doesn't make sense to keep it anymore. I need something bigger that can tow alot more.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa255/PonyKiller87/All%20My%20Cars/P5020016.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa255/PonyKiller87/All%20My%20Cars/P5020015.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa255/PonyKiller87/All%20My%20Cars/P5020012.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa255/PonyKiller87/All%20My%20Cars/P5020011.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa255/PonyKiller87/All%20My%20Cars/P5020021.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa255/PonyKiller87/All%20My%20Cars/P5020019.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa255/PonyKiller87/All%20My%20Cars/P5020020.jpg

Breecher_7
05-07-2008, 06:08 AM
Thats a pretty nice truck.....

PonyKiller87
05-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Thanks, want to buy it? :goof

0TransAm0
05-07-2008, 09:57 AM
4x4 work good?

BAD LS1
05-07-2008, 10:20 AM
That is a cool truck, if i could sell my S10 id prob snatch it up.

HP ADDICT
05-07-2008, 10:43 AM
How much for the tortilla strips? free bump for a clean truck.

PonyKiller87
05-07-2008, 12:15 PM
4x4 works great, I replaced the actuator in the front diff about 2 years ago. Had to lock it in a little at Jefferson so I could throw a little mud around.

One thing I forgot to mention in the add. Stock diff was a G80 gov lock which worked great(alot of times I didn't even need 4x4 because it worked so well) When that rear end let go the one I replaced it with was an open because thats the only thing I could get on short notice.

Just as a side bar is it just me or does it suck that it takes several hours to get all the mud off the truck from about 10 min in the mud, lol. Maybe thats just me.

Randy Ill trade you the chips for that NOS kit, lol.

HY35F2T
05-07-2008, 02:15 PM
damn if this thing was stick id so pick it up.Try craigslist?

PonyKiller87
05-07-2008, 05:46 PM
damn if this thing was stick id so pick it up.Try craigslist?

If they made a T56 that you could bolt a transfer case to it would be manual, lol.

Its already on craigslist

PonyKiller87
05-08-2008, 09:32 AM
TTT

Forgot to mention in the long post, when I did all the work to the rear end of the truck I put 2 new shocks on and replaced everything in the rear brakes(drums, shoes, cylinders, hardware... Thanks Pat)
Also when the transmission was done I replaced all 4 U joints(2 in front shaft 2 in rear)

BadAzzGTA89
05-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Nice rims:shades
TTT for a clean non smoker truck!!

PonyKiller87
05-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Thanks everyone, I sold the truck yesterday. Just like I though it went to a 16 yr old high school kid that somehow convinced his parents to buy it for him, lol.