PDA

View Full Version : gas prices

GRAMPS SS
05-06-2008, 10:04 PM
well they said gas would hit 4.00....i think sooner then later....was on my way home tonight from a friends...needed gas....was at

Clark Menomonee Falls
N56W15654 Silver Spring Dr & Pilgrim Rd

3.85.:fire..said the hell with that and drove and prayed that id make it to G-TOWN.....3.69......filled it up.....screw 3.85 for now....maybe later in the week when everyone is at that price....but not now...:D

W1CK3D SAINT
05-06-2008, 10:11 PM
How many dam countries do we have to invade for lower gas prices?!? :sniper All kidding aside, it is getting truly ridiculous. Pretty soon only the rich will be able to afford to drive.

Smokey1226
05-06-2008, 10:43 PM
I just seen the new cost prices come over....Look out everybody we're going higher!

946speedz
05-06-2008, 10:44 PM
wonder how long it takes until this country turns into a real life Mad Max, people settin up their own compounds with flame throwers protecting their gas tankers.........

sloLs1
05-06-2008, 10:47 PM
wonder how long it takes until this country turns into a real life Mad Max, people settin up their own compounds with flame throwers protecting their gas tankers.........

yea it wont be too long.... thats why im trying to "live it up" while i can!:headbang

Mr Twigbert
05-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Call me lazy or stupid but I don't even look at the price of gas.. I need it so I buy it when I am on empty..

Flicktitty
05-06-2008, 10:54 PM
I just seen the new cost prices come over....Look out everybody we're going higher!

O RLY?

Whats it at?

I know out in Madtown it was 3.59 as o 7pm and at 4pm 3.69 in the falls now as of 10 it was 3.85 in Brookfeild. What the ghey.

badass88gt
05-06-2008, 10:58 PM
We jumped up 10 cents today too, $3.69 for 87. 93 for my car is $3.87. E85 is lookin' better and better...

Smokey1226
05-06-2008, 11:08 PM
Damn you guys are still cheap compared to our by us. We are 3.79 and will be probably $3.85 by mid week.

BTW: As far as E85....i went by Andy's and they wanted $3.55/gal

Everyone i've talked to said it needs to be at LEAST .80/gal to make out even or slightly come ahead. So the $.30-.45 isn't going to help at all.

Yooformula
05-06-2008, 11:14 PM
I paid 3.97 today for premium.

Smokey1226
05-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Mid $5.xx doesnt sound too bad for Race Gas when Premium will be up around $4.25!!!

Cutlass Queen
05-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Honestly, will the gas prices ever go down :(

It looks hopeless now

lordairgtar
05-06-2008, 11:19 PM
This past week has seen a small drop, but I believe Smokey. If he sees the increases coming, they are coming. We will be looking at over $4 a gallon gas. Crap!!! I am glad I bought an economical vehicle. I need to haul equipment for drawing cars at car shows and DJing. The 16mpg wagon wasn't making it. HHR Panel at 30mpg FTW, but it still costs over $60 to fill it. We may see $200.00 a barrel for oil yet.

badass88gt
05-06-2008, 11:24 PM
BTW: As far as E85....i went by Andy's and they wanted $3.55/gal.

We're at $2.79/gal tonight. $1.05 cheaper than 93.

Smokey1226
05-06-2008, 11:25 PM
This past week has seen a small drop, but I believe Smokey. If he sees the increases coming, they are coming.

You are correct Sir, it has been (at closeing market today) a 15 cent swing in cost prices! All in one week, i was talking to an older gentlemen about when he used to own a station back 30+ years ago. He said that gas wouldnt swing 15 cents all year long combined! Now we have seen that much over night! It gets sickning.

My Diesel price is getting crazy....i think im going to put my future Toyota on hold just so i can buy a motorcycle. 45mpg sure does look nice!

Slow Joe
05-06-2008, 11:27 PM
HHR Panel at 30mpg FTW, but it still costs over $60 to fill it. We may see $200.00 a barrel for oil yet.

I just filled my HHR at $53 and some change... How come yours costs over 60?? I run mine bone dry too... And I average 27.8mpg...

Yooformula
05-06-2008, 11:30 PM
$59.67 for me to fill up and I got about 12 mpg this last time.

Slow Joe
05-06-2008, 11:32 PM
$59.67 for me to fill up and I got about 12 mpg this last time.

Yeah, I havn't tanked up the Mustang yet this year... Since it's only gotten about 400 miles since it came out of storage, I threw 20 worth of gas in a couple of times...

Saab is about $55 to fill, and gets around 28.7mpg, but Kristie puts 120-180 miles on it per day, so that goes quick...

lordairgtar
05-06-2008, 11:43 PM
I just filled my HHR at $53 and some change... How come yours costs over 60?? I run mine bone dry too... And I average 27.8mpg...
I think that was when my local station was at $3.89 for a bit. It just hit me at the right time when I needed gas. Around town, I'm averaging around 27 mpg too. I did get up to about 35 on a trip. The panel has less glass and less door glass mechanisms as well. A panel weighs a couple of hundred pounds less than a windowed version, plus I drive it like an egg was under my pedal. I've been known to get on it though:goof

Prince Valiant
05-06-2008, 11:45 PM
Generally 33 bucks (theoretically would take 38 if bone dry) and I go ~ 550-650 miles/tank.

I hedged my bets and made a smart investment that's MORE than paid itself off in the one year of ownership. This year it's all gravy.

You know, everytime that congress takes a lame-duck approach to our energy supplies (since they don't let us drill for our own stuff, nor expand refinery capacities) just adds one more day to the 5+ years that it'll take to finally realize the relief from high gas prices that it would lead to.

Slow Joe
05-06-2008, 11:50 PM
I think that was when my local station was at $3.89 for a bit. It just hit me at the right time when I needed gas. Around town, I'm averaging around 27 mpg too. I did get up to about 35 on a trip. The panel has less glass and less door glass mechanisms as well. A panel weighs a couple of hundred pounds less than a windowed version, plus I drive it like an egg was under my pedal. I've been known to get on it though:goof

Which engine does yours have?? Mine's an LT so I have the 2.4L... And the 27.8mpg is about 60% freeway 40% city...

70 cutlass 442
05-06-2008, 11:52 PM
Call me lazy or stupid but I don't even look at the price of gas.. I need it so I buy it when I am on empty..

Im with ya there, nothing you can do about it so why worry about it.

lordairgtar
05-06-2008, 11:53 PM
Which engine does yours have?? Mine's an LT so I have the 2.4L... And the 27.8mpg is about 60% freeway 40% city...
I have the 2.2 cheapie model.

Slow Joe
05-06-2008, 11:57 PM
I have the 2.2 cheapie model.

That explains the upto 35mpg on the freeway then... :thumbsup

pOrk
05-07-2008, 12:00 AM
What a perfect thread to whore my new decal in, haha

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r87/thegreenpOrk/03%20GMC/pacman.jpg

GRAMPS SS
05-07-2008, 12:01 AM
43.00 to fill the wagon,...that will give me 240 miles around town....it sucks to have a performance car :rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf :D

Prince Valiant
05-07-2008, 12:02 AM
that's a good one pork...

GRAMPS SS
05-07-2008, 12:02 AM
nice one ERIC.....

Smokey1226
05-07-2008, 12:04 AM
$125 to fill up the truck. Good for little over 500 miles if im not screwing around.

Knyghtmare
05-07-2008, 12:18 AM
Gas price will never go down... the least I bet it will ever do is plateau... Its all about profit now... Lets see how much we can make now and still use Katrina as the excuse...

Breecher_7
05-07-2008, 05:21 AM
I have a aftermarket 75 Gallon tank. When i put it in bone dry it cost me $300 to fill it.

IF and WHEN diesel hits $5.00 a gallon, I AM buying a biodiesel system. No ifs ands or butts about it.

And as far as the mad max days coming, bring that shit.

badass88gt
05-07-2008, 07:06 AM
IF and WHEN diesel hits $5.00 a gallon, I AM buying a biodiesel system. No ifs ands or butts about it.

Why wait? Youre just throwing cash away in the mean time.

jbiscuit
05-07-2008, 07:30 AM
$4.05 this morning for premium at the Mobil on the corner of Grandview and Silvernail in Waukesha :(

Knyghtmare
05-07-2008, 09:30 AM
Too bad we cant afford to buy our OWN politicians like big oil can... :(

Rocket Power
05-07-2008, 12:44 PM
I saw 3.84 in hales corners yesterday, they are usually among the first to go up. 3 gas stations by the freeway have never not had exactly the same price. What's up with that?:goof
These prices are not making me look forward to getting my car done,whenever that is.:rolf

Smokey1226
05-07-2008, 12:47 PM

Actully, i have a customer picking up a drum of Meth today for that same reason. He and his buddy bought a biodiesel setup and are ready to start making some batches. I told them to keep me updated on how well it goes!

0TransAm0
05-07-2008, 01:14 PM
i payd $43 to fill up the TA 2 days ago and was 3.89 a gal for 93.
its going to hit $5.00 a gal in no time.. i hate this shit the price of everything goes up and wages stay the same.. they should have some sort of cost of living added to everybody's wages...

ND4SPD
05-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Well I *wanted* to get a Trailblazer SS or Jeep SRT8... how in the poop am I supposed to do that with $4.00+/gal premium?

Smokey1226
05-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Amen to that, the SRT8 Jeep is soooooooo badarse! But i heard your lucky to ge 14mpg :S

michelle
05-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Time to buy a moped.

Smokey1226
05-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Time to buy a moped.

I seen 4 of them on the road yesterday. 1 of them was hauling down the highway. Might be a great idea!

hrsp
05-07-2008, 01:38 PM
ive never been one to complain about "gas mileage" but with gas hiting 4.00 im looking at a few "gas saver" cars..:(

BAD LS1
05-07-2008, 01:42 PM
The clark on pilgrim and countyline in GT is at 3.85 and 4.05 for prem too... Ski mask and gun style payment acceptance methods used there too i see.

ND4SPD
05-07-2008, 01:46 PM
If I go through with it, I'm going to have to either keep my GTP for my back and forth trips to work (in Madison) or buy a 40+mpg commuter.

mrz28M6
05-07-2008, 07:44 PM
4.19 over here in cali!! but you arent going to believe this s**t, went to lake havasu,az last weekend and it was 3.30!! i think i know where i'm moving to!!

moels
05-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Gas prices keep going up and the oil companies keep posting record profits. Reading that shit really pisses me off. But there is nothing I can do about it. I really don't put many miles on the vehicles, so it's not so bad for me, but I feel for the people that drive 30+ miles to work and back. The whole world is crooked, but Karma's a ***** and the Mad Max days are coming. Have weapons, will participate. lol

Rocket Power
05-07-2008, 08:11 PM
I seen 4 of them on the road yesterday. 1 of them was hauling down the highway. Might be a great idea!
I wonder how long it would take me to get from West Allis to Burlington on a Spree
:rolf

PureSound15
05-07-2008, 09:38 PM
This sucks :(

Thank God the station right up the street from me just switched to 0% ethanol.

ND4SPD
05-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Gas prices keep going up and the oil companies keep posting record profits. Reading that shit really pisses me off. But there is nothing I can do about it. I really don't put many miles on the vehicles, so it's not so bad for me, but I feel for the people that drive 30+ miles to work and back. The whole world is crooked, but Karma's a ***** and the Mad Max days are coming. Have weapons, will participate. lol

That's right windfall tax the shit right out of the oil companies right? Oh wait... that would be taxing ourselves because the oil companies would just pass the cost right on to the consumer. :rolleyes: There are only two things that will drop gas prices... reduced demand (which isn't going to happen, especially with China and India industrializing) and increased supply. So get on the horn to Kohl and Feingold and tell them to stop standing in the way of expanded domestic drilling... and let's get some new refineries built. There hasn't been one built in over 30 years because the environmental regulations are so strict no one can build one.

Syclone0044
05-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Yeah I wouldn't be so quick to blame the oil companies, they didn't raise their prices by a factor of 5, the price of the commodity (Light Sweet Crude Oil) went from $20 to $123. It's a publicly-traded market for crude oil, not something the oil companies set arbitrarily.

Blame the demand (think about that next time someone wants "congratulations" for having kids), and blame George Bush for warring with these oil producing countries. That certainly hasn't had any GOOD effect on the price of oil. Neither has excessive spending (by both Democrats and Republicans) of borrowed money, devaluing our currency (US Dollar) which is probably the largest factor in the whole picture.

Prince Valiant
05-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Another point to make about "big oil" and their obscene profits is that if you looked into your 401K's, IRA's, etc, who owns big oil?

You do. "Big oil" is in large part, the little guys trying to save for retirement, etc.

To the extent that taxing "excess profits" Actually did reduce their profit, you the investor would be hurt as it takes away from your divedend...don't forget too, that not only is the corporate income taxed, but that income, once distributed to the investor is taxed again, so double taxation.

People also whine that "they own the politicians", which, while isn't true per se, they do have concerted lobbying efforts. But what do you think they lobby for? Blocking oil exploration? Making the business climate so harsh that they can't even begin to think about expanding refining capacity? Yeah...right.

I to wish that big oil wouldn't have to lobby though...know why? Big oil would put good money into lobbying if gov't wasn't so intertwined in it's business. If gov't had noting to do with big oil, big oil would have nothing to do with gov't, simple as that. The more big gov't has to do in the business of big oil, the more big oil feels it's smart to spend money to influence big gov't. Simple quid pro quo made first by the politician. "We make the rules, you pay for us to make life easier, which contributes to our staying in power, thus we keep making the rules." If there was ever a stronger argument for congressional term limits, I haven't heard it yet.

Karps TA
05-08-2008, 03:35 PM
I laugh that big oil comes out and says "well oil exploration is very expensive to do and costs us millions and so are refineries" I'm sure it does, but you're making $10 billion a quarter in profit. Profit!! The amount of money made AFTER all the expenses have been paid. So even if it costs you $2 billion every quarter for exploration and refinery expansion, you still made $10 billion in PROFIT!!

And even after they spent millions on lobbying, the still made $10 billion every 3 months in profit!!

LMAO

Prince Valiant
05-08-2008, 03:46 PM
I laugh that big oil comes out and says "well oil exploration is very expensive to do and costs us millions and so are refineries"
What do you say when they say " Well, oil exploration is pretty much illegal here, and here, and over there, and here, and here we could get a bunch...and here"?

Millions in cost?!? Billions. Remember...when oil has a 10 billion profit in a quarter, their 9.5% profit margin dictates they had a 110 Billion dollars in liabilities during that quarter.

Karps TA
05-08-2008, 05:41 PM
I say then they aren't lobbying the right people then. Or they know that it's more profitable for them not to be pulling oil of our soil. Because if they get it from here they don't have as many outside influences that jack the price of oil up. There isn't much upside for them to get oil here. It uses up their biggest excuse.

I'm pretty sure the heads of the oil companies don't really care about the price of gas. It's not like it hurts them in anyway except for when it's low. It's like alot of the congressman. How many of them do you think could even operate a gas pump? You think Ted Kennedy has ever pumped his own gas? lol

Rocket Power
05-08-2008, 05:53 PM
The tree huggers are keeping us from drilling. They cry about shit everytime the subject comes up. "we can't drill in ANWR it'll make the moose cry"

Karps TA
05-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Oh trust me I wish we would be drilling here. It's ridiculous we don't.

But I don't beleive the oil companies want to. It's just not a benefit to them. When oil was under $30 a barrel said they were losing money. So they want high oil prices.

Berettaspeed
05-08-2008, 08:02 PM
YEAH both my cars take 93 gas FTW!! haha one i just got has to have it. oh well,but instead of crying about it ill just ride my bike if it gets bad. cars are a luxury so..... yeah:stare

vette4rent
05-08-2008, 08:54 PM
IT's sad we are no where near the highest in the world...or the lowest...

ND4SPD
05-09-2008, 09:13 AM
Oh trust me I wish we would be drilling here. It's ridiculous we don't.

But I don't beleive the oil companies want to. It's just not a benefit to them. When oil was under $30 a barrel said they were losing money. So they want high oil prices.

They were losing money because they couldn't produce enough gasoline to cover their costs because of low refinery capacity. Maybe if they were able to build a few more refineries they would be able to make a profit on $30/bbl oil. Besides the price of oil is not *set* by the "oil companies". They don't say, okay, this week, you have to pay $110 for a barrel of oil that comes out of our oil well. It's set by those BUYING that oil. If they are willing to pay $120/bbl for the oil... guess what... that's what it's going to cost. It works the same way with stocks, livestock, soybeans, corn, and anything else that is bought and sold on an exchange basis.

The whole reason we are in this mess is because the environmental lobby has a stranglehold on congress. They have villified "big oil" for so long and put so many obstacles in the way of domestic drilling and refining that the petro companies finally said, "you know what? F this, you don't want us around? We're going elsewhere." So now we have increased our dependance on oil imports many times over. Which makes us beholden to groups like OPEC and Hugo Chavez. You can't have it both ways. Either you make the business climate friendly to businesses or you can scream about high prices, and no jobs. We have the same problem with our local legislature. We have companies leaving Wisconsin in droves. Why? Because Doyle and the other jackass liberal politicians in Madison treat businesses as "the great evil of our time!" How much time did Doyle take out of his day to call the National Bowling Congress and try to convince them to stay? Nada. You think he's tried calling Miller/Coors? Not that I've heard. Let's remember people... businesses = jobs. Without major employers like WAL-MART, like it or not, a lot of people would be out of work.

animal
05-09-2008, 09:29 AM

(unhate)Dude, as much as I hate you... props on that decal. I hope some hippy cries after seeing it. :thumbsup(/unhate)

Smokey1226
05-09-2008, 10:14 AM
lol @ (unhate) .....thats awesome! lol

That_Guy
05-09-2008, 10:24 AM
prices where 3.87 in oconomowoc and in johnsom creek it was 3.68.. when i went back to the same gas station in oconomowoc to tell them i got cheaper gas in johnson creek and that there suppliers are greedy bastards. he told me that johnson creek has illegal prices LOL...

That_Guy
05-09-2008, 10:27 AM

EUROPE has it right.. every teen there has a suped up moped...

ND4SPD
05-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Europe also isn't as SPREAD OUT as the U.S. is. Besides, if you're going to put yourself on a two-wheel-target, you might as well get something fun like a crotch rocket.

Smokey1226
05-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Actully i was talking to a good buddy who stoped at the station yesterday to chit chat...(yes work actully does get done there) lol and he was telling me...if he isnt going to rideing in a big group of motorcycles he doesn't even bring it out. Due to taking it to work 3 times last week and was within a few feet of getting hit each day. He said people just don't respect just one bike....Kinda scary to think about!

ND4SPD
05-09-2008, 01:46 PM
My time on a crotch rocket made me a much better driver in general for that very reason. You REALLY have to be on your toes because people don't see you. It was similar back when I had my '85 Fiero (other cars apparently couldn't see that thing either)... but not quite as bad.

nitrous
05-13-2008, 08:09 AM

Where'd you pick up that decal?

pOrk
05-13-2008, 11:58 AM
I had it made by Troy at www.streetgraphix.com