PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Recipes

u_say_go
05-06-2008, 04:48 PM
dusted off the grill today, and it got me thinking...i'm tired of the same old stuff on the grill.
Post up your favorite BBQ recipes; grilling tips for ribs, steaks, kabobs, brats. what do you use for marinades? gas or charcoal? what kind of charcoal?

0TransAm0
05-06-2008, 04:51 PM
hardwood charcoal FTMFW

i like to do babyback ribs... simmer for about three hours in beer and water put a rub on them then to the grill.. meat side down sauce the bone side. open pit is great. flip it sauce the meat side and repeat 2X.. best damn ribs ever and they will be falling apart on the grill.

flyin_blue_egg
05-06-2008, 04:57 PM
we should get a bcm bbq cookbook

0TransAm0
05-06-2008, 04:59 PM
^^^have a BCM meet and greet or car show with a cook off...

Car Guy
05-06-2008, 05:05 PM

First dibs on being a judge if it happens.....:drool:

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Deggy
05-06-2008, 05:24 PM
First dibs on being a judge if it happens.....:drool:

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

I'm in for being a judge....I like eating.

88Nightmare
05-06-2008, 06:01 PM
I have my own homemade barbeque sauce recipe which I use on baby backribs. I put a dry rub mix on the ribs consisting of like 8 or 10 some odd spices, then boil them in a combination of beer and chicken broth to tender them up, then cook them on a low heat on the grill for a few hours. meat falls right off the bone!

u_say_go
05-06-2008, 08:09 PM
see, now i never heard of boiling ribs in beer. what about brats? Scales told me that someone here has a whoopass recipe for making brats.
I wanna try grilling some kabobs with smoked sausage, shrimp, zuchini, and garlic.:drool:

0TransAm0
05-06-2008, 08:38 PM
you dont boil them you simmer them.... just under a boil.. if you boil ribs they will get tuff.

flyin_blue_egg
05-06-2008, 08:51 PM

some one should set that up...i don't know enough ppl to do that...but it would be a great idea

GRAMPS SS
05-06-2008, 09:45 PM
see, now i never heard of boiling ribs in beer. what about brats? Scales told me that someone here has a whoopass recipe for making brats.
I wanna try grilling some kabobs with smoked sausage, shrimp, zuchini, and garlic.:drool:

that would be j...(yellow wagon)...he has a kick a$$ recipe for brats...i had it saved at one time...but lost it to the crash.....pm him and ask for it...trust me it was great....:D

GRAMPS SS
05-06-2008, 09:48 PM
some one should set that up...i don't know enough ppl to do that...but it would be a great idea

hell lets plan it....a BCM BBQ COOK OFF......with a meet and greet as well...that would prove to be a BCM MOMENT in time.....that no one would forget....:thumbsup

HITMAN
05-06-2008, 10:44 PM
You shouldn't be boiling (or simmering) ribs at all if you want to make them right. Scrape the skin from the bottom of the ribs, dry spice rub on both sides and then indirect heat from a hardwood fire for a few hours is how they do it down south.

u_say_go
05-06-2008, 10:52 PM
hell lets plan it....a BCM BBQ COOK OFF......with a meet and greet as well...that would prove to be a BCM MOMENT in time.....that no one would forget....:thumbsup

Greenfield park, Wirth Park, or Mitchell Park in Brookfield have picnic areas we could check into. I beleive Wirth and Mitchell have to be reserved by a Brookfield resident though.
I have access to a company owned "park", but with strict rules and my job on the line if someone acts a fool....I dunno about that!

BCM car show/BBQ cook off/meet-n-greet/boxing match for those who dislike each other on here. Sounds cool, I'm in.

HITMAN
05-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Steaks. I've made them a few different ways , but I have recently discovered the magic that is a cast iron skillet. I made some NY strips this last New Years day and tried this method for the first time. It's a bit smoky for inside the house :rolf but the flavor was incredible, especially after I put some butter on the top of the steaks after I was done cooking them. Now that it's nice out, I'm going to try the same technique on my grill. The neighbors might call the fire department, but at least I'll be able to see the inside of my house...

Tech tip: Do NOT use extra virgin olive oil as the coating on the steaks. It has a VERY low smoke point...:rolleyes:

u_say_go
05-06-2008, 10:56 PM
you mean 'searing' the steaks in a cast iron skillet?

lordairgtar
05-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Here's something i like to do
Slice up some taters real thin like. Like potato chips. After you do that, add some garlic and onions if you like those kinds of things (I like just garlic) Some salt and pepper and a pat or two of butter, and I mean real butter. None of that fake I can't Believe It's Not Butter, because if you think that shit tastes like butter, you are a tard. Make packets of two sheets of aluminum foil and fold and seal the taters in it. Just one serving of taters per packet. Place in grill on coals off to the sides of the Weber kettle. Cook twenty minutes per side. You don't want them on the main part of the hot coals, just off to the side. Careful when opening them up when you get ready to eat them as the steam coming out of the packet will burn you. You may adjust the recipe and times to suit the type of taste or grille you have. The individual packets will cook quicker than one big packet and you can adjust ingredients according to each individual's pallet. Takes a bit of practice but it's really good.

TraNs_aM
05-06-2008, 11:39 PM
dusted off the grill today, and it got me thinking...i'm tired of the same old stuff on the grill.
Post up your favorite BBQ recipes; grilling tips for ribs, steaks, kabobs, brats. what do you use for marinades? gas or charcoal? what kind of charcoal?

my dad has always used real wood, apple wood is my favorite to use.

lordairgtar
05-06-2008, 11:44 PM
I use charcoal, but I've used hickory and some mesquite wood when I lived in California.

Voodoo Chick
05-07-2008, 02:36 AM
Ever try BBQing fruit?? It is soooo good, make a kabob out of (fresh!) pineapple, apples, plums, whatever you like best, dip it in lime juice and cook it up. when it is done, you may wish to serve it with vanilla ice cream or custard (take out from Culver's?) Anyway, it's good sh*t......

wikked
05-07-2008, 09:55 AM
that would be j...(yellow wagon)...he has a kick a$$ recipe for brats...i had it saved at one time...but lost it to the crash.....pm him and ask for it...trust me it was great....:D

J's modded brats:

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18491

:thumbsup

0TransAm0
05-07-2008, 10:04 AM
J's brat idea sounds good but if never been a fan of boiling brats.. you tend to boil the seasonings out of them and they have less taste..(that is if you boil them in WATER)
i worked at a butcher shop for 6 years and hand made 1000's of lbs of brats and other kinds of sausages and everthing we precooked we put them on a cookie sheet and put thm in the oven at 250 for an hour.

wikked
05-07-2008, 12:34 PM
low & slow = ftw.

The only meat you want to cook hot & fast are steaks.

88Nightmare
05-07-2008, 12:37 PM
J's brat idea sounds good but if never been a fan of boiling brats.. you tend to boil the seasonings out of them and they have less taste..(that is if you boil them in WATER)
i worked at a butcher shop for 6 years and hand made 1000's of lbs of brats and other kinds of sausages and everthing we precooked we put them on a cookie sheet and put thm in the oven at 250 for an hour.

but J's brats are boiled in beer, not water

0TransAm0
05-07-2008, 01:00 PM

as i said b4..

HITMAN
05-07-2008, 10:59 PM
you mean 'searing' the steaks in a cast iron skillet? Yes sir, that is exactly what I meant. I love the crust that great steak houses manage to get on the outside of the meat. Prior to using the cast iron skillet, I was unable to duplicate said crust. Now I can go to Sendik's or V. Richard's and buy some Prime fillets and have a steak that will equal or better just about any local steak house's best, for a lot less than they're charging these days.

I have also gone back to the old school on baked potatoes. I've been microwaving them for years, always thinking the flavor was about the same as actually baking them in an oven. :punch: NOT. EVEN. CLOSE. I will never nuke another potato.

lordairgtar
05-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Seared steak...gooood
Nuked taters...baaaaad