PDA

View Full Version : This is a new one to me

Nix
05-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Speeding ticket insurance, I saw it on the news last night and if you tend to have bad luck with getting moving violations then this might be for you?

It dosen't cover parking tickets, only moving violations.

http://www.myfoxmilwaukee.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=F3E17F278244C0FD5850493EF0983E31 ?contentId=6461297&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

Another traffic related story last night on the news as well is I saw they are actually giving a guy jail time for getting his TENTH DUI!!! He got a year and a half. :rolleyes:

ND4SPD
05-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Worthless. Let me amend that... completely worthless bordering on a scam. As anyone who's gotten tickets knows, the big issue isn't the fine... it's the demerit points and the potential of having your auto insurance rates go up. In the story, they erroneously state that this "insurance" (by paying your fines) will keep your auto insurance from going up. Exactly how is that supposed to work? Plus it doesn't address demerit points... you can lose your license by getting two 6 point racing tickets. So yay, I didn't have to pay the $1000 in fines for those two tickets, but now I have to take the bus to work/school. If you want "insurance" against tickets... join the National Motorists Association. www.motorists.org / www.speedtrap.org and join the fight against arbitrary (revenue-based) traffic enforcement.

animal
05-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Plus it doesn't address demerit points... you can lose your license by getting two 6 point racing tickets. So yay, I didn't have to pay the $1000 in fines for those two tickets, but now I have to take the bus to work/school.

But...

6pt Milwaukee County Speeding ticket + this insurance + Basil the lawyer pimp = $115 + 0 points and 0 fine? :banana

Sounds ok to me akshully.