PDA

View Full Version : Nasty accedent tonight.

Berettaspeed
05-05-2008, 12:29 AM
cycle rear ending or someting like that a car tonight on the expressway. going west on the left lane. near downtown onramp where construction is. bike was under the rear of a car and like 10 squads. anyone hear anything hope the guy is alright. the car was messed up pretty bad. i cant imaging what happened to the rider, i hope they are alright

2JZIS-F
05-05-2008, 01:44 AM
Damn. I hope they are OK,better not be one of my buddies.

Junky Giorgio
05-05-2008, 08:26 AM
I hate hearing about things like this, but typically it is due to the rider being a "squid". Hope everyone in that accident is alright. Anyone hear about it on the news?

Crawlin
05-05-2008, 09:16 AM
more than likely someone in the car not knowing which ramp to take and then not seeing the rider and diving over into opposite lane only to have bike nail brakes and low side into the rear of the car.

it was a nice day out. i was heading that direction yesterday and even went by the veteran's memorial and the beach and lake drive.

2JZIS-F
05-05-2008, 10:53 AM
more than likely someone in the car not knowing which ramp to take and then not seeing the rider and diving over into opposite lane only to have bike nail brakes and low side into the rear of the car.

That is why you should stay off the bike j/k. You be carefull on that beast.

Junky Giorgio
05-05-2008, 01:11 PM
i dunno, just last evening when I was getting onto the Rock freeway a guy on an R1 pulled up next to me at the stop before the on ramp, takes off while trying to wheelie the thing clearly not knowing what he is doing. When the front tire came down he just about dumped it right in front of me. I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for idiots like that in this case. Quite amusing to see though, I'm sure he had to wipe himself afterwards.

Crawlin
05-05-2008, 05:51 PM
oh yeah, it goes both ways. it's why i gave up riding the bike in the first place. as good as I was(hahah, i can be cocky), i was turning into one of "those guys"

i'll stick with people drooling over my bike and drag racing it :)

michelle
05-05-2008, 05:58 PM
Adam and I were on his bike on Sunday when we went to the SVT car show and then to Miller Park to watch a little autocross. Some people must not be used to bikes being out. It was scary at times because people wouldn't look enough when switching lanes. Maybe Adam is more used to it since he drives it to work, but I was nervous!

lilws6
05-05-2008, 10:22 PM
people don't look and i get cut off all the time people also like to ride right behind me it pisses me off i'm not a squid but i have only been riding two years just getting my license because i went throught the class. but people in cars just don't understand what it takes to ride on two wheels with idiots on the road. I'm always thinking to myself what would I have to do if situation a happened what about situation b etc. etc.

lasttimearound
05-06-2008, 02:25 PM
i stopped riding (for a while) because of idiots. i was getting on 94 at rawson last season and some idiot kid pulled next to at the meter lights and took off with me trying to get his front wheel off and dumped it. too me off out, cut me up pretty bad (had a jacket, helmet, pants and gloves on). i wasnt even racing him, just got taken out by stupidity. im thinking about getting a new bike this year. we'll see though. hope this guy was ok, stupid people suck.

T-Bag
05-06-2008, 04:07 PM
These are the reasons why I quit riding...twice...and sold both my previous bikes. We'll see how it goes this time around.

whitehatch
05-07-2008, 11:15 AM
yeah sometime accidents like this arent always the riders fault, a lot of people dont pay attention to bikes while driving especially if your riding alone, i almost rearended some old lady last time i went out when she decided it was a good idea to pull out in front of me

Junky Giorgio
05-07-2008, 05:13 PM
Marc, you still have your 929rr?