PDA

View Full Version : Home depot closing sale

Yooformula
05-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Just an fyi but the 76th/good hope rd store is closing down and liquidating everything. Right now everything is 10-30% off and as the days go by they will lower even more. I got my spring shopping done this am to the tune of $1100:thumbsup

michelle
05-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Adam and I stopped in there yesterday. It was just crazy. Looked like the day after Thanksgiving.

GRAMPS SS
05-04-2008, 05:29 PM
there closing 2 other stores as well.....gee wonder why???????????

Flicktitty
05-04-2008, 05:46 PM
there closing 2 other stores as well.....gee wonder why???????????

economy if i had to geuss lol. i was dumb and forgot about that when i went to the one on 124th and capitol. oh well.

2000navyz
05-04-2008, 06:23 PM
i heard something to the tune of , if they dont make 10,000 by 10am there loosing money. i think it was 10 grand.

GTSLOW
05-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Just an fyi but the 76th/good hope rd store is closing down and liquidating everything. Right now everything is 10-30% off and as the days go by they will lower even more. I got my spring shopping done this am to the tune of $1100:thumbsup

Went there yesterday. Place is a DAM ZOO!! All I can say is get there early! :wooo

That_Guy
05-04-2008, 07:59 PM
the reason they are closing up shop is they tend to build home depots on top of each other and just like walmart the struggle between each other until one fails. my father use to owned the larges flooring install company in the midwest. he use to do about 60% of there flooring installs. untill they felt the need to to have sales and discount labor to the point of nobody making a profit. my father ended up selling his business to a company based out of Minnesota who he later found out was owned by the home depot. im glad there profits are down. they are a bunch of cold blooded bastards and not to mention half there employes are the dumbest fukers ive ever met. they run some of the crookedest bussiness practices ive ever heard of and seen. another untold reason why they are closing some stores out is they are in a little trouble with the irs for charging taxes on items and then not paying the taxes in...

PureSound15
05-04-2008, 11:26 PM
^^^^

I'm not sure that I'd believe everything that I hear. In addition... regardless of the quality of employees that you've delt with, that store still provided a lot of jobs to people who will have a difficult time finding a job now.

I just don't think that's a very mature way of looking at it.

Good deals though! I need a ton of stuff for my garage :headbang