PDA

View Full Version : Badger Plating

Cutlass Queen
05-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Okay so as some of you may know I have chrome rims on my motorcycle. Well I ended up working on the bike about a week ago only to find out that my rims are bubbling and have green corrosion! They are less than a year old even! Took them into the company to see what they would do...here's the ordeal I went through.

Took them into Badger Plating on Wednesday to explain the issue and brought the rims. They said that acid must have been thrown on the rims because that was the only explanation to this even though I never let the bike outta my sight :eek: I explain the plating process and what had to have gone wrong...what do they do? Argue with me about this.

I asked to see the owner, I was told he wasnt in so I leave a rim with getting a receipt stating that I did. Was told I"d get a call to let me know the outcome. 2 days later no call. I go there to pick up the rim, ask to see owner again and nothing. I get told I'm shit out of luck and they arent doing a single thing about it.

The way I see it, this is a horrible company to do ANY business with...they do not stand behind ANY of their products! I will be filing a complaint with the BBB and spreading the word about this company. I even will be handing out flyers at carshows with a warning about Badger Plating as well.:mad:

GRAMPS SS
05-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Dammmmm D and they looked sweet when you got them...i remember what you went though to get them done and the wait...and now this......i'll spread the word as well.....did you talk to moon to see what he can do for ya....isn't that where he takes his...?????????...just a thought....

Cutlass Queen
05-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Dammmmm D and they looked sweet when you got them...i remember what you went though to get them done and the wait...and now this......i'll spread the word as well.....did you talk to moon to see what he can do for ya....isn't that where he takes his...?????????...just a thought....

I'm looking at possibly getting them powdercoated a gunmetal color depending on the cost and turnaround time. It's back on the motorcycle stand bare like it did a year ago :(

Car Guy
05-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Not to rub salt in your wounds but your first mistake was GOING TO BADGER PLATING...!!! :chair: :chair: :chair:

I thought it was well known that they are a hack shop...??? I wish I had a recommendation for a good shop but I don't, sorry.....

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Windsors 03 Cobra
05-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Unfortunately chrome and aluminum alloys are not the best metals to combine.
Good luck on getting it resolved, I do not know what I am going to do when my chrome cobra wheels start/peeling/bubbling/flaking/getting old/HITTING CURBS<<~~~have not done yet.

Cutlass Queen
05-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Not to rub salt in your wounds but your first mistake was GOING TO BADGER PLATING...!!! :chair: :chair: :chair:

I thought it was well known that they are a hack shop...??? I wish I had a recommendation for a good shop but I don't, sorry.....

At the time no one I knew did business with them....now after I went there I've heard nothing but horrible things, anybody want some flyers to hand out as well?

Did I mention I spent $800 on these rims just to get them chromed :flipoff2:

GRAMPS SS
05-03-2008, 08:34 PM
800.00 for 2 wheels...dammmmm...what would already chromed wheels from moom cost ya.....who ever does his chrome looks sweeet.....

Car Guy
05-03-2008, 08:38 PM
At the time no one I knew did business with them....now after I went there I've heard nothing but horrible things, anybody want some flyers to hand out as well?

Did I mention I spent $800 on these rims just to get them chromed :flipoff2:

I've known for about 5 or more years how they do business, which is shady at best for both quality and customer service. I honestly can't believe they're still in business but something tells me that they don't rely on 'street' business alone. Otherwise they'd be 'done' for sure.....

As for the flyers I don't know if that'd be a good idea for a few reasons, the main one being it could get you in some legal trouble. Believe me when I say I know how you feel as I've been screwed over more than once in my life, and one time it was for almost ten times what you lost.....

scottie K
05-03-2008, 09:29 PM
didnt i tell you bager suked????? A YR AGO !!!!! LOL

awsomeears
05-04-2008, 12:28 AM
Dam there was just a thread last month about Badger Plating on how much they sucked !!!

My personal opinion your best bet on chroming rims is to have them powder coated with there " Chrome Finish " may not be as Blingy but dam it looks nice !!!

Cutlass Queen
05-04-2008, 01:05 AM
didnt i tell you bager suked????? A YR AGO !!!!! LOL

After I had them done jagbag.....lol :chair:

I have a few ideas with the powdercoating ideas for the rims...all depends on cost and turnaround time though :(

and I'll be filing a complaint with the BBB tomorrow

*SNOOP*
05-04-2008, 01:30 AM
http://www.classiccomponents.com/

Did all my bikes, 2 Busas and a GSXR 1000 never had an issue...

u_say_go
05-05-2008, 10:14 PM
there have been numerous threads about chrome plating and a number of us have said to stay away from that place...

scaleracer
05-05-2008, 10:37 PM
that sucks to hear that Deana! Those rims looked awesome!