PDA

View Full Version : Softball Gurus... The 2008 Hotness???

DirtyMax
05-02-2008, 04:07 PM
What's the new hot lumber for 2008? I subbed in a game last night and the opponents were swinging a Green TPS Nexus and those guys were jacking some shots. I've played against these guys for years and either they're using some of Clemens and Gagne's HGH that they don't need anymore or that bat is for real.

What is the word on the street for bats this year!?!

wikked
05-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Synergy Flex / Extended
Mizuno Crush (2002)
Stealth CNT
Mayhem 798
AntiVirus EL / XEL
NRG500 maxload
Freak 98
Techfire Classic/Rage

etc.

u_say_go
05-05-2008, 10:42 PM
you're not one of those guys who believes they'll be able to jack a homer everytime they're up to bat, just because they have the "latest and greatest" bat...are you?
Like those guys who buy into the hype that a Nike Sumo driver and a $50 box of golf balls will make them a great golfer.

Car Guy
05-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Jeff sleeps with his softball bats...!!! :goof :goof :goof

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

HP ADDICT
05-06-2008, 12:39 PM
I have had good luck with a juggernaut. Also would recommend a Mutant red and black and the combat antivirus. A good bat can make a world of difference.

wikked
05-06-2008, 12:43 PM
you're not one of those guys who believes they'll be able to jack a homer everytime they're up to bat, just because they have the "latest and greatest" bat...are you?
Like those guys who buy into the hype that a Nike Sumo driver and a $50 box of golf balls will make them a great golfer.

Of course you need the ability to swing halfway decently :P

With that in mind, you will definitely hit harder/further with a better composite bat.

lol hey I only have 2 bats, I'm not a slave to the game... yet :P

spindler27
05-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Synergy Flex / Extended
Mizuno Crush (2002)
Stealth CNT
Mayhem 798
AntiVirus EL / XEL
NRG500 maxload
Freak 98
Techfire Classic/Rage

etc.

x2 on the NRG, great bat, juggernaut as well

u_say_go
05-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Of course you need the ability to swing halfway decently :P

With that in mind, you will definitely hit harder/further with a better composite bat.

lol hey I only have 2 bats, I'm not a slave to the game... yet :P
I know what you're saying, gotta have a decent bat, but it's 90% strength/technique. My brother plays 3 nights a week and has a team that travels the midwest playing tournaments and he'll be the first one to tell you that a $300 bat wont do jackschit in the hands of someone who doesnt know how to swing it.

Is the BCM team playing this year? If so, when and where? I'd like to check it out.

Korndogg
05-06-2008, 08:22 PM
nope no BCM team this year. There are some of us from last year that play on a team though. Its mostly for fun. We're not all hardcore about it.

Feature Pony
05-08-2008, 09:02 AM
^^^^ LOL, last night was like old times!!

Silver350
05-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Synergy Flex / Extended
Mizuno Crush (2002)
Stealth CNT
Mayhem 798
AntiVirus EL / XEL
NRG500 maxload
Freak 98
Techfire Classic/Rage

etc.

NRG I heard isnt a very good bat if you are looking for a good miken bat I have heard good things about the ASA Recoil. Also I have heard a bunch of people say that they like the ASA Rawlings Rush.

Right now I have, Two Rages, OG Techzilla, Mayhem M7598, Wrath Extended, and My anti virus should be arriving today in the mail :headbang

I know what you're saying, gotta have a decent bat, but it's 90% strength/technique. My brother plays 3 nights a week and has a team that travels the midwest playing tournaments and he'll be the first one to tell you that a $300 bat wont do jackschit in the hands of someone who doesnt know how to swing it.

Is the BCM team playing this year? If so, when and where? I'd like to check it out.

I've notice that you dont need a lot of power to jack a ball, Its seems like it is more bat speed. a couple of my home runs it didnt feel like I put a lot into it. I agree with what your brother said. If you cannot hit a bomb with a sh*tty bat you wont be able to do it with a composite. If you are a line drive base hitter you will do the same ore fly out with the ball moving off the bat a little faster.

jbiscuit
05-08-2008, 09:49 AM
no BCM team this year? CRAP. I was hoping to join!

Smokey1226
05-15-2008, 12:59 PM
no BCM team this year? CRAP. I was hoping to join!

+1 :(