PDA

View Full Version : Cars heading north

Al
10-17-2003, 11:38 PM
I saw a vette and an S2000 heading north today. The reason I am bringing this up is that they both had trailers with race tires on them. I am assuming that they are heading to road america for some racing event. What type of event is it? Racing at road america is something I want to do more than 1/4 mile racing. Does SCCA have something to do with it?

TK 14 SS
10-18-2003, 11:20 AM
They're going to this MFBA @ Road America (http://www.speedseekers.com/)

Come up and check it out. Technically you can still get on the track if you've got the money, etc...

Troy

Heat Seeker WS6
10-19-2003, 10:02 PM
Yep, that was 2 of our cars you saw. The yellow S2000 ended up brushing a concrete wall and damaging the skin on the passenger side on Sunday.

SSmike1
10-20-2003, 11:03 AM
I am grinning from ear to ear,
after spending a weekend on that track!
WOW, what fun:thumbsup

Hey heatseekerws6, were you there? and driving? what car?
group & #.

i was C29, black 00 Camaro ss

Hey Troy, did you enjoy your ride?
we were hitting 135MPH just before the braking zones,
going into turn 1, 5, & 12!!!!!!!

Yea Baby...
i like it
i love it
i want more of it!
:banana

Yooformula
10-20-2003, 08:45 PM
Mike, did you know that HeatSeeker aka John also runs the Speedseekers event with Dan? I would hope his arse was there;) :goof

I couldnt decide where I wanted to go for the day so I ended up at GLD and boy was I pissed. Great hooking track but a waste of time for me since I didnt have much time to play.:( Shouldve either gone on the fall cruise or hiked up to RA.

Heat Seeker WS6
10-20-2003, 09:04 PM
Hey heatseekerws6, were you there? and driving? what car?

That's a good one Mike! I was the one in the red & black jacket that kept waving at you (and also out of the pits to begin your sessions).

I had the car parked all weekend long by the gas pumps. Never got in a lap in mine or ayone elses car, I was just too busy. Oh well, I got to bring the race gas home with me though :rockwoot: !

Seeing you gus having a blast up there and wanting to come back for more is more rewarding to me than running a few laps myself.

John

SSmike1
10-20-2003, 10:37 PM
John,

i thought your screen name was Just, "heat seeker"
i thought someone else was heat seeker ws6.

Ding Dong, Ding a ling! me! :goof

oh well,

is it just heat seeker on MFBA.org?

Thanks a Million,

I had a blast, and can not wait till RA April 04,

i am already ordering Pads & Rotors for that event!
:banana :thumbsup :3gears:

Al
10-20-2003, 10:43 PM
There are very few things I want to do more than go up there for a weekend of racing. What club should I look into.

I remember seeing a video of a ford club up there about a month ago. I also know a member of the porsche club who was telling me about a friend of his who ran a 130k porsche into the wall.

y2kws6
10-20-2003, 11:30 PM
LOL, glad that everyone had a great time. April will be arriving soon enough. so be ready

Dan

Heat Seeker WS6
10-21-2003, 09:19 AM
Yup, just Heat Seeker on the MFBA board. On just about all the other boards I'm on, WS6 is added on.

I need tires & brakes to get mine back up to par.