PDA

View Full Version : Georgie Porgie's

Voodoo Chick
05-02-2008, 02:57 AM
I know the Saturday car shows don't "officially" start at Georgie Porgie's until Memorial Day weekend, but does anyone plan on hanging out there if there's a few decent Saturdays before then? Last year I went a few times before Memorial Day, and there were a few cars out there. The car shows there are always so much fun.

CobraSnake
05-02-2008, 11:23 AM
I know the Saturday car shows don't "officially" start at Georgie Porgie's until Memorial Day weekend, but does anyone plan on hanging out there if there's a few decent Saturdays before then? Last year I went a few times before Memorial Day, and there were a few cars out there. The car shows there are always so much fun.

where is this place located???

Mark

Voodoo Chick
05-02-2008, 11:28 AM
9555 S. Howell Ave., Oak Creek.......During the summer the "real" shows they have there are just PACKED with cars, and ALL are welcome.

jbiscuit
05-02-2008, 11:32 AM
we'll be down there if we ever get a nice saturday before memorial day

Car Guy
05-02-2008, 12:15 PM
If tomorrow is decent I'd like to drive the `72 down there, but seeing is how mother nature is being a royal BI*CH lately it will probably be raining.....:punch:

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

jbiscuit
05-02-2008, 01:09 PM
its supposed to rain I think

0TransAm0
05-02-2008, 05:27 PM
i cant wait till they open the one in racine on the corner of hwy 20 and hwy 31...
i wonder if they will also have car shows???

Windsors 03 Cobra
05-02-2008, 07:50 PM
i cant wait till they open the one in racine on the corner of hwy 20 and hwy 31...

So a porgies is going in that new strip mall where the old VICKERS filling station was huh ?
I sure hope they DO have those cars shows, plenty enough cars in the area to support one. I can see that parking lot being cramped, not that big of a lot there.

GRAMPS SS
05-02-2008, 07:57 PM
not ment to ofend anyone....it's the same ole cars there every week...i didn't go there for 2 years and sean and i went down last year...the same ole cars.....JMO....matter a fact i knew them all when i had the monte there....back in 1998....10 years later...still the same ole thing...again JMO....we need some new blood....

Voodoo Chick
05-03-2008, 04:12 AM
That's why I love it so much, personally, the "same cars/people every week" part. Everyone gets to be so familiar, it's like seeing many friends all summer, including the cars. It's oddly comforting, somehow. For me it is, anyway. I feel awkward at Culver's alot of the time, I end up just parking my car and standing at her side like retard until I feel too uncomfortable and just leave. I feel more at ease at Georgie's, it seems everyone there is MUCH friendlier, IMO.........

GRAMPS SS
05-03-2008, 08:08 AM
you should just come up to us at Culvers...we don't bite...you know some of us....

and your right about seeing and getting to know the people that you see every week....but i've been going there since it opened and it's the same ole same for me....need new places and newer faces and different cars i guess for me....i'm old what can i say....i'd like to see more old school cars...but alot of them just don't come out....and by old school i mean the 60-early 70's muscle.....but those rides suck up fuel...if we were to bring the 63 there...we'd have to bring another car with full fuel cans to make sure we made it home....
i'm sure MAYBE things may get better with that type of car showing up there...but when i see tons of new camaros and stangs....not for me....

out in the falls and pistol petes they get old school muscle yet....

0TransAm0
05-03-2008, 09:59 AM
So a porgies is going in that new strip mall where the old VICKERS filling station was huh ?
I sure hope they DO have those cars shows, plenty enough cars in the area to support one. I can see that parking lot being cramped, not that big of a lot there.

i dont know about any vickers filling station but its right by the advanced auto and on the south end of the kohls parking lot.. plenty of room that section of kohls lot never gets used...

Windsors 03 Cobra
05-04-2008, 07:21 PM
i dont know about any vickers filling station but its right by the advanced auto and on the south end of the kohls parking lot.. plenty of room that section of kohls lot never gets used...

I guess the Vickers has been gone for about 20 years, I barely remember it and I'm 28, it has been an empty weedlot since that station left tho.
I doubt that outlot strip mall would have any rights to use Kohl's lot but I looked at the potential parking lot for the strip mall yesterday while I was sitting on HWY 20 and there is a ton of room for a big parking lot there, hope they host some Saturday night shows. :thumbsup

jbiscuit
05-05-2008, 07:39 AM
not ment to ofend anyone....it's the same ole cars there every week...i didn't go there for 2 years and sean and i went down last year...the same ole cars.....JMO....matter a fact i knew them all when i had the monte there....back in 1998....10 years later...still the same ole thing...again JMO....we need some new blood....

OOOOOGEEZ, Wayne's hatin on yet another car show/cruise night.... :rolf

GRAMPS SS
05-05-2008, 06:15 PM
well...i guess your right j.....i just love to hate shows that ive been seeing long before maybe the time before you got your license and were attending them.........if you notice i said JMO..and not ment to ofend anyone.....that's all it is...not hate,....just my opinion....i am entitled to that am i not....

now i went to a show yesterday and had a great time with everyone...i didn't post a hate thread on that show like the greenfield ave show....sometimes you just have to let go.....:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:ro lf

Arigmaster
05-10-2008, 06:29 AM
I haven't gone to any shows since the Charger went to it's new home. Was just too depressing. The Torino is on hold right now till all the smoke clears on the other issues. I'm counting down till the end of this month for that but the drama continues in the mean time. Anyone wanna buy a house?

Voodoo Chick
05-10-2008, 12:12 PM
What year is your Torino? What are you all going to do with it? I Love Torinos, and I used to drool over your Charger fairly often, lol!

ProjectCamaro
05-10-2008, 07:55 PM

I didn't know they were opening one in Racine. We can start our own car show if they don't do it on their own.

GRAMPS SS
05-10-2008, 09:45 PM
^^oh i'm sure they will have a show...the money a show brings into the shop...all the soda and food served on that one day...they would be foolish not to do it....the show that have now brings in a ton of money for them....just like solid gold...another gold mine...at least jim gives back.....

Arigmaster
05-11-2008, 09:54 AM
What year is your Torino? What are you all going to do with it? I Love Torinos, and I used to drool over your Charger fairly often, lol!

It's a 1970 Ford Torino GT 429 SCJ.Any real changes I would make other than a custom paint job and better wheels, would be changing to hood from the cut out to one with a wider functional scoop. I don't care for the little carb intake sticking through the hood. I also thought about adding a spoiler to the back from a '68 Cougar XR7 or 70 Mach 1. Maybe even a small air reflector under the front valance customized to fit from a Mach 1 as well. Nothing too gawdy.

Just like I did with the Charger, I would hang on to the original parts for someone else to be able to put it back to original if they chose to do so. I've been doing a few drawings to design a different graphic/avatar for that car just like I did for the Charger. I do those to be a one of a kind theme for the car and myself.

GRAMPS SS
05-11-2008, 10:22 AM
^^^^^^^^^^leave it stock AL...it will be worth more.....