PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN civic si

LIZMO
05-01-2008, 04:44 PM
my friends civic si was stolen during the day today off of like 55th and vliet.
she just moved there beginning of april, her integra was stolen like april 22nd, but it only got like 200 ft due to its gas leak... so im posting just to let anyone know if they see a blue 2000 civic si, stock wheels with the plates: 759 kxn to call the police. she has bad luck with cars. her first car (95 civic) was also stolen, but found a couple weeks later abandoned on the freeway in manotowoc. :wooo
thank you.

DirtyMax
05-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Hope they find it before it's a shell. On second thought, I don't know if I'd even want it back.

My friend had one stolen in Oak Creek a while back. They found the shell in Akron, Ohio 10 hours later...

lordairgtar
05-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Man, that's terrible! Could it be because she's choosing to live in crappy neighborhoods? I got out of Milwaukee for just that reason. Hope she finds her car in good condition.

LIZMO
05-01-2008, 05:14 PM
shed rather pay for cheap rent than have her cars apparently. haha. but she wants to move again, but she has a 1 year lease... so idk about that.

Flicktitty
05-01-2008, 05:23 PM
shed rather pay for cheap rent than have her cars apparently. haha. but she wants to move again, but she has a 1 year lease... so idk about that.

No one said she is smart. if she gets it back lmk cause ryan said if the motors gone he wants the car lol.

LIZMO
05-01-2008, 05:51 PM
you know she won't get rid of it.

michelle
05-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Her insurance company must love her.

swift steve
05-01-2008, 06:16 PM
you know she won't get rid of it.

if she gets it back as an engine-less shell i bet she would get rid of it.

Breecher_7
05-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Bwahahahaha....

You see where it was stolen from? Its ALREADY a shell....

Insurance Money FTW!!! Time for a real car... :banana

GTSLOW
05-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Get over to beeyond NOW! Before its to late. http://s-seriesforum.com/albums/album86/couchsmiley.thumb.gif

LIZMO
05-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Her insurance company must love her.

yea... they are probably gonna drop her. :-/

idk... she loves honda's more than you love your swift.. thats alot.

Get over to beeyond NOW! Before its to late. http://s-seriesforum.com/albums/album86/couchsmiley.thumb.gif

haha good one.

LIZMO
05-01-2008, 06:56 PM
PS: not stock wheels, some rotas are on it, which aren't even hers... lol.

jessicorn
05-01-2008, 08:24 PM

No, I won't get rid of it... and as far as engine-less my insurnace covers everything ... so I should be good hopefully

forest
05-01-2008, 08:25 PM

haha I knew that was coming

GTSLOW
05-01-2008, 08:35 PM
No, I won't get rid of it... and as far as engine-less my insurnace covers everything ... so I should be good hopefully

Welcome to BCM

70 cutlass 442
05-01-2008, 09:17 PM

:rolf beat me to it

Flight_740
05-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Problems.

#1 living on 51st and vilets

#2 buying a honda product and living on 51st and vilet.

That's almost asking for it to be honest. Hell, I would be scared to leave a civic in west allis. I don't really understand why people like to steal these cars so much. If I were a thief (I emphasize "IF") I would be stealing fast shit to pound the snot out of for a while and strip for parts.

I hope your friend gets it back. But my guess is there won't be much left of the car if and when it's recovered and it sucks big time.

05caddyext
05-02-2008, 02:31 AM
Hopefully it was stolen just to bring it to the junk yard. If I ever stole a civic si, I would drive straight to the nearest junk yard. Pull out $500 and say here take this and me it the size of a quarter. And heres an extra $100 for the trouble.

Reverend Cooper
05-02-2008, 03:45 AM
here is a great idea, move out of the hood,3 cars stolen = shes not smart enough to move

turbogarrett
05-02-2008, 06:40 AM
51st + vliet is really not that bad of an area.

Windsors 03 Cobra
05-02-2008, 07:10 AM
LoL 96% of the posters live miles west of 108th st, 51st and Vliet to them=scary.
One said West Allis could be scary. :rolleyes:

Good lord folks stuff gets stolen everywhere, and white people steal too. :rolf

PB86MCSS
05-02-2008, 07:44 AM
I don't think 51st & Vliet is exactly a nice area though :) .

I wouldn't want to park anything nice outside in Milwaukee, sure theft happens anywhere but its pretty obvious things tend to happen more in certain areas.

T-Bag
05-02-2008, 08:26 AM
I don't get why thesse Honda's/Acura's are stolen so often, I mean some are nice cars and all and the motors might be worth something...but WHY are they worth something. FFS its a grocery getter with a high output 4 banger.

I will never get some things...

CannotPost
05-02-2008, 08:44 AM
I don't get why thesse Honda's/Acura's are stolen so often, I mean some are nice cars and all and the motors might be worth something...but WHY are they worth something. FFS its a grocery getter with a high output 4 banger.

I will never get some things...

Me either. If a legal honda motor/trans goes for 750-1200... What is a "hot" one worth? 400 bucks? More? Waste of time, It's like robbing Mc Donalds you risk 10 years in jail for a few hundred bucks..... You gotta be in a bad place to think thats a good idea. :loser:punch::alcoholic:chair:

Junky Giorgio
05-02-2008, 08:58 AM
Maybe its time to think about buying a different type of car...cough cough not a fcuking HONDA! I'm sure it will probably end up stripped in an alley off 7th & Mitchell or some sh*t. Thats where some of my friends honda's have been found, or chopped in half in farmers fields.

jbiscuit
05-02-2008, 08:59 AM
if they didn't find it the day it got stolen, its a shell by now. Start checking the alleys to find it

Flight_740
05-02-2008, 09:16 AM
LoL 96% of the posters live miles west of 108th st, 51st and Vliet to them=scary.
One said West Allis could be scary. :rolleyes:

Good lord folks stuff gets stolen everywhere, and white people steal too. :rolf

You don't read good do ya?

I said I would not trust a honda product even in west allis:rolleyes: How is that meaning west allis is scary?

51st and vilet is not the worst but it's borderline.

osiris152006
05-02-2008, 09:20 AM
I dont understand all the confusion about why they are stolen. Isnt it obvious?? Lets see hondas are easy to steal, once you get it you can strip the motor and everything off it in no time at all. There is a huge demand for motors, trannies, etc for cheap prices. Plus the parts are innerchangeable on every model almost. Motor and stuff from integras drop right into any civic and vice versa. And, that they are being stolen so much law enforcement doesnt really care anymore. Most of the time the criminals are not caught and police dont want to spend time worrying about stolen hondas, its an everyday occurence. Most of you should know by now that hondas are more that just econo cars or grocery getters. The fact is they may have started out that way but your not gonna change the fact that there are fast imports and that each person has their own way. Not everyone wants a V8 or dont need a v8 for practical reasons. Obviously the import scene is huge given the reason why so many are stolen because the demand for parts is there.

jbiscuit
05-02-2008, 09:26 AM
dOud, hONDas r aren't stoLden tU muHc N emorz :banana1: cUZ of the VteC Owns raciNg v8 suk hondAz R Not grOcccerIe Cars mi MAN leS hav a BEER :banana1::haveabeer:alcoholic:banana:haveabeer

osiris152006
05-02-2008, 09:28 AM
What??????

GTSLOW
05-02-2008, 09:57 AM
^ :rolf http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:KZQHHmZ86O6hGM:http://www.kingofthegroms.net/Osiris-Logo-WEB.jpg

floaters
05-02-2008, 10:03 AM
why doesnt she stop buying hondas some people obviously have an infatuation with stealing those cars http://www.statefarm.com/learning/be_safe/road/learning_besafe_onroad_cartheft1.asp

Windsors 03 Cobra
05-02-2008, 10:18 AM
The theives must not want too have the car break down on them while they are driving/running from da poleece while driving said high quality reliable jap cars.

I remember when the Top Ten stolen list was dominated with the easiest column to smash in history, the Cutlass had to be #1 for ten years.

That_Guy
05-02-2008, 10:47 AM
ill have my uncle watch for this car. or parts for that matter..." he owns a scrap/ auto salvage yard."

juicedimpss
05-02-2008, 10:50 AM
which yard?

That_Guy
05-02-2008, 10:52 AM
which yard?

kk auto

well he also owned a few other but he sold them off.

btw.. if he screwed you please dont take it out on me lol

juicedimpss
05-02-2008, 11:05 AM
i was just curious,always good to know more people.

is he the old dude that looks like he is from ZZ top?

That_Guy
05-02-2008, 11:11 AM
i was just curious,always good to know more people.

is he the old dude that looks like he is from ZZ top?

no.. he looks like an old Italian heavy set guy. talks like it to. his name is randy.

forest
05-02-2008, 11:18 AM
which yard?

+1 whats he got in there? Much domestic stuff?

That_Guy
05-02-2008, 11:39 AM
+1 whats he got in there? Much domestic stuff?

if you let me know what your looking for i can forward on the parts list ...just shoot it to me over pm.. he is doing scrapping mainly now with the price of metal being the way it is.." steal is 375 a ton.."

if i can get him the list he will let me know when that paticular car comes in or if its actually sitting in the yard.

Flicktitty
05-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Nate, i doubt it but if he has any 240SX's or Older Datsun's lmk.

That_Guy
05-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Nate, i doubt it but if he has any 240SX's or Older Datsun's lmk.

yeah.. i doubt it but you never know somebody might smash one up

jessicorn
05-02-2008, 11:43 AM
51st + vliet is really not that bad of an area.

i dont live on 51st and vliet... im right where milwaukee turns to vliet on the border of tosa... and yeah its really not a bad area...

jessicorn
05-02-2008, 11:49 AM
here is a great idea, move out of the hood,3 cars stolen = shes not smart enough to move

only 2 of them were taken from there ... the first one was from west allis... and im telling you its really not that bad of an area people just want the cars because of the demand and the price people will pay for parts.

Flicktitty
05-02-2008, 11:54 AM
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o69/hondahannah/hondacaption.jpg

84hurst
05-02-2008, 12:19 PM
i dont live on 51st and vliet... im right where milwaukee turns to vliet on the border of tosa... and yeah its really not a bad area...

But the fact is, you're very close to the sh*tty areas. Stop buying civic's! Don't you see the trend?!?!?! It's gonna happen again unless you have a locked garage with a rent-a-cop standing guard at night!

CobraSnake
05-02-2008, 12:58 PM
if you want to live in the hood, I am a leasing consultant for a few apartment buildings on the northside. Come on in we have security guards that patrols the lots at night.

Mark

LIZMO
05-02-2008, 01:32 PM
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o69/hondahannah/hondacaption.jpg

haha thats great. yet depressing at the same time.

HY35F2T
05-02-2008, 01:57 PM
pretty funny shit 3 times and you still havent learned.hmmmm.

jessicorn
05-02-2008, 03:52 PM
pretty funny shit 3 times and you still havent learned.hmmmm.

still havent learned what... theres nothing to learn... i like the cars i drive and its not my fault that the civic was stolen i brought it to my house for the first time a day before it was taken and that night i was gonna get a club but i came home from work and it was gone ... what am i supposed to do about it im not gonna stop liking the kind of cars that i drive because other people want to take them... i just have to think of different ways to prevent them from taking them... liz didnt make this post and i didnt start talking on it to be listening to you say things like that... cars get stolen in happens to a lot of people and im under enough stress with it right now i dont need to hear comments like that... im sure you wouldnt be laughin if your luck went to shit and you ended up in a situation like this ...

jessicorn
05-02-2008, 03:53 PM
lol nick your amazing sweet picture yo.

michelle
05-02-2008, 03:54 PM
still havent learned what... theres nothing to learn... i like the cars i drive and its not my fault that the civic was stolen i brought it to my house for the first time a day before it was taken and that night i was gonna get a club but i came home from work and it was gone ... what am i supposed to do about it im not gonna stop liking the kind of cars that i drive because other people want to take them... i just have to think of different ways to prevent them from taking them... liz didnt make this post and i didnt start talking on it to be listening to you say things like that... cars get stolen in happens to a lot of people and im under enough stress with it right now i dont need to hear comments like that... im sure you wouldnt be laughin if your luck went to shit and you ended up in a situation like this ...

The club? I didn't realize they still made those. I'd suggest something a bit more then just the club. Maybe an aftermarket security system (professional installed) that will alert you when it goes off. Especially since you just moved there.

Any leads on the car yet? Or even a picture?

Breecher_7
05-02-2008, 03:57 PM

Does Lo Jack ring a bell? I mean dont get me wrong, if I owned a honda id probably be happy as hell it got stolen because it would give me a chance to buy somthing worth a shit but obviously you feel that you must keep buying these high theft turds.

Take it as a sign from a higher power that you shouldnt buy another honda.

I would also invest in a GOOD alarm with a proximity sensor as well as lo jack in my next vehicle.

What insurance company hasnt dropped you yet?

jessicorn
05-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Does Lo Jack ring a bell? I mean dont get me wrong, if I owned a honda id probably be happy as hell it got stolen because it would give me a chance to buy somthing worth a shit but obviously you feel that you must keep buying these high theft turds.

Take it as a sign from a higher power that you shouldnt buy another honda.

I would also invest in a GOOD alarm with a proximity sensor as well as lo jack in my next vehicle.

What insurance company hasnt dropped you yet?

I've had one insurance company all my life and they have not dropped me and nor are they going to drop me. But thanks for the post... am i talking shit about your cars?

jessicorn
05-02-2008, 04:01 PM
The club? I didn't realize they still made those. I'd suggest something a bit more then just the club. Maybe an aftermarket security system (professional installed) that will alert you when it goes off. Especially since you just moved there.

Any leads on the car yet? Or even a picture?

No word on it unfortunately ... and they make a different type of club not that not only connects to the steering wheel but also the gas or break peddle so theres no chance of getting it anywhere.

Breecher_7
05-02-2008, 04:03 PM
I've had one insurance company all my life and they have not dropped me and nor are they going to drop me. But thanks for the post... am i talking shit about your cars?

Go right ahead...

BCM is all about drama. :thumbsup

Not sure you have a leg to stand on though :stare

jessicorn
05-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Go right ahead...

BCM is all about drama. :thumbsup

Not sure you have a leg to stand on though :stare

I have no reason to start drama or talk shit... you have your preferrence i have mine...

Breecher_7
05-02-2008, 04:05 PM
All joking aside. I was trying offer some help. If you keep getting shit ripped off. A good alarm and lo jack can help.

jessicorn
05-02-2008, 04:08 PM
All joking aside. I was trying offer some help. If you keep getting shit ripped off. A good alarm and lo jack can help.

Sorry I'm just tense right now.

I wish I could afford an alarm but that doesn't fit into my budget at the moment... sad face.

lit666
05-02-2008, 04:09 PM
I have some car alarms for sale w/ remote starters

jessicorn
05-02-2008, 04:12 PM

How much? And how many do you have? I could possibly get one for the teg... and maybe an extra just in case for some reason the civic is recovered.

michelle
05-02-2008, 04:14 PM
No word on it unfortunately ... and they make a different type of club not that not only connects to the steering wheel but also the gas or break peddle so theres no chance of getting it anywhere.

If they want it bad enough, they will always find a way to get it.

Breecher_7
05-02-2008, 04:15 PM

Anything decent?

jessicorn
05-02-2008, 04:16 PM
If they want it bad enough, they will always find a way to get it.

True story... Maybe it's just time to start pulling fuses and disconnecting shit.

Breecher_7
05-02-2008, 04:16 PM
How much? And how many do you have? I could possibly get one for the teg... and maybe an extra just in case for some reason the civic is recovered.

Id make money in the budget, you get a check from insurance... Put $500 aside for a good alarm and then get a new car.

Flicktitty
05-02-2008, 04:20 PM
True story... Maybe it's just time to start pulling fuses and disconnecting shit.

Seriously i would go with what Breecher said with the Lo-Jack system. but thats just me. but thats some big money but a good security.

lit666
05-02-2008, 04:27 PM
I'll post them up in the classified section.

lit666
05-02-2008, 04:50 PM

depends, from $20 - $200, just depends on how much you want to spend and what features you want.

swift steve
05-02-2008, 05:21 PM

all you have to do is throw in a little switch and BAM no ignition to fire over the engine....flip the switch everytime you leave the car and it wont start.

Yooformula
05-02-2008, 05:29 PM
no such thing as luck. you create your OWN circumstances. LUCK didnt have anything to do with your car getting stolen, a pos did not luck BUT YOU chose to stay there and buy another of the same vehicle. When that one got stolen AGAIN......luck had nothing to do with it..he was home chillin.

good luck or bad luck doesnt get you pregnant, doesnt get you fired, doesnt get you dumped, doesnt get your car stolen or thrown out of the house.....YOU DO.

jessicorn
05-02-2008, 06:03 PM
all you have to do is throw in a little switch and BAM no ignition to fire over the engine....flip the switch everytime you leave the car and it wont start.

thats why the teg only got 20 ft... it usually didnt start but they had enough luck to start it and drive it a little down the alley

0TransAm0
05-02-2008, 06:22 PM
all the money you spent on you deductible for insurance and you can't get an alarm???
oh and welcome to bcm :)

rally_scort
05-02-2008, 06:23 PM
perfect solution :thumbsup

just leave $400 in a ziplock bag in the glovebox.Then attach a note to the steering column that is addressed to car theives.Tell them to take the money instead of the car, since they wont get much more than that and its alot less work.Problem solved, you still have your slow junk, and they get what they wanted with alot less risk.Sound good :)

GTSLOW
05-02-2008, 08:20 PM
^ car thief ^

SmokinRAM114
05-02-2008, 09:20 PM

just leave $400 in a ziplock bag in the glovebox.Then attach a note to the steering column that is addressed to car theives.Tell them to take the money instead of the car, since they wont get much more than that and its alot less work.Problem solved, you still have your slow junk, and they get what they wanted with alot less risk.Sound good :)

**** that if it was me, id steal the damn car make off with the $400 and go a long way on fuel with that shit:banana

PB86MCSS
05-02-2008, 09:32 PM
I remember when the Top Ten stolen list was dominated with the easiest column to smash in history, the Cutlass had to be #1 for ten years.

Those lists are also flawed in that they are really just the most common cars, hence more often they are stolen. But the Cutlass and any g-body was and is a big target for theft, I think Honda's have replaced them in the past 5 years or so though as there aren't as many g-bodies around anymore at least as daily drivers. Probably to a lesser extent GM b-bodies as those have become popular by some undesirable people too.

osiris152006
05-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Cheapest and easiest thing to do is put in a kill switch, like some already mentioned. A switch is very cheap, the hardest part is just finding a good place to hide the wiring. There are many ways to do it. I have heard of some taking there ecu with them we away from there cars. Or even putting numerous kill switches through out the car. I personally think car alarms are useless, i mean realistically how many of you when you see a car alarm goin off in a parking lot call the police or even care?? Chances are most dont care, theives can easily get into the engine bay of any honda and disconnect the battery before even breaking into the car. And if they are really serious about taking your car and are some what smart thieves they will just take your car with a flatbed. Basically you cant stop the chance of it being stolen all you can do it things to slow them down, hoping they may just leave it, but if they are really determined they will get it eventually......

70 cutlass 442
05-03-2008, 12:04 AM

thats funny chit right there. you could alwys buy the boot like they use in chicago or NYC. just hope the guy stealign it doenst pull a homer simpson

Berettaspeed
05-03-2008, 06:04 PM
2 of my buddies integras were found around 28th or 27th i forget and one block south of vilet within a 3 week period. we waited for one the 2nd time around. but noone went out to the car.so we just took it back. lucky hunch.the first one was found on the end of the block all ripped apart and no engine and trans. damn cops put a ticket on it. then notified him about it.it had different plates as well on it. i wonder if someone around there is up to trouble.

so if anyone cares to drive past if a known honda is stolen it would be intereseting to see whats going on. and thing was a bone stock junk integra. i dont get it.

last year summer someone tried to gank my olds LOL. i dissconnected the crank sensor over night knowing they get stolen. haha he got 30 months and i just had to fix a window and column., but at least noone crashed it and destroyed it. also what i used to do was install a 2 bar map on a 1 bar map system. car will idle and make noise, but once you give it gas it just dies. or a 1bar map on a 2 bar system will also work. :) or just have a few connectors dissconeccted and hid the ends. thats all. LOOM works great for that. put loom over 2 dissconnected clips. most people wont see it.

jessicorn
05-03-2008, 06:43 PM
all the money you spent on you deductible for insurance and you can't get an alarm???
oh and welcome to bcm :)

i didnt pay it they take it out of the checks they cut.
and thanks :)

jessicorn
05-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Cheapest and easiest thing to do is put in a kill switch, like some already mentioned. A switch is very cheap, the hardest part is just finding a good place to hide the wiring. There are many ways to do it. I have heard of some taking there ecu with them we away from there cars. Or even putting numerous kill switches through out the car. I personally think car alarms are useless, i mean realistically how many of you when you see a car alarm goin off in a parking lot call the police or even care?? Chances are most dont care, theives can easily get into the engine bay of any honda and disconnect the battery before even breaking into the car. And if they are really serious about taking your car and are some what smart thieves they will just take your car with a flatbed. Basically you cant stop the chance of it being stolen all you can do it things to slow them down, hoping they may just leave it, but if they are really determined they will get it eventually......

yeah i had one in the teg which is why they didnt get anywhere... i hadnt gotten around to doing it in the civic though...

jessicorn
05-03-2008, 06:50 PM
2 of my buddies integras were found around 28th or 27th i forget and one block south of vilet within a 3 week period. we waited for one the 2nd time around. but noone went out to the car.so we just took it back. lucky hunch.the first one was found on the end of the block all ripped apart and no engine and trans. damn cops put a ticket on it. then notified him about it.it had different plates as well on it. i wonder if someone around there is up to trouble.

so if anyone cares to drive past if a known honda is stolen it would be intereseting to see whats going on. and thing was a bone stock junk integra. i dont get it.

last year summer someone tried to gank my olds LOL. i dissconnected the crank sensor over night knowing they get stolen. haha he got 30 months and i just had to fix a window and column., but at least noone crashed it and destroyed it. also what i used to do was install a 2 bar map on a 1 bar map system. car will idle and make noise, but once you give it gas it just dies. or a 1bar map on a 2 bar system will also work. :) or just have a few connectors dissconeccted and hid the ends. thats all. LOOM works great for that. put loom over 2 dissconnected clips. most people wont see it.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna take a drive down there since thats not to far from here... and if I find it I'm nominating you as my best friend. :)

Poncho
05-03-2008, 09:06 PM
I've learned. I park my GTO around Honda Civics. That way I know my car is safe.

jessicorn
05-04-2008, 05:43 PM
I've learned. I park my GTO around Honda Civics. That way I know my car is safe.

lol

HP ADDICT
05-04-2008, 06:14 PM

You could always just drain out the oil.

T-Bag
05-04-2008, 06:26 PM
You could always just drain out the oil.

roflcopter

Berettaspeed
05-05-2008, 12:21 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna take a drive down there since thats not to far from here... and if I find it I'm nominating you as my best friend. :)

odd thing is both were taken while we were at a friends house on 47th an loyd

jessicorn
05-05-2008, 03:44 AM

how long ago did it happen?

forest
05-05-2008, 08:43 AM
If im in my 79 buick, I take the coil wire with me when Im in milwuakee.... haha, 2dr lesabre is NOT safe in those parts....

MurphysLaw88GT
05-05-2008, 01:50 PM

it seems kinda nice there

HY35F2T
05-05-2008, 02:02 PM

:rolf:rolf

so you own a newer teg right?and a civic si?well u did but you couldnt afford a alarm?idk just if this was me and i had a car stolen from me once.Id do the kill switch with in the hr i got another car.Id go as far as to do the kill switch,fuse and disconet some wires.

Slow Joe
05-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Club + Ignition Cut Off Switch + One of those things you put on the brake pedal that locks it in the up position (so you can't use the brakes)

Or just find a garage... Sorry to hear about your car being stolen, but if you've got a car on the top of the stolen vehicle list be more cautious... Either that... Or make sure that you've got a low deductable :rolf

Nick
05-05-2008, 03:39 PM
I hope your friend gets her car back. My suggestion though above all to avoid situations like this in the future is to move out of that area. lol

Slow Joe
05-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Club + Ignition Cut Off Switch + One of those things you put on the brake pedal that locks it in the up position (so you can't use the brakes)

Or just find a garage... Sorry to hear about your car being stolen, but if you've got a car on the top of the stolen vehicle list be more cautious... Either that... Or make sure that you've got a low deductable :rolf

Yes, I'm quoting myself :rolf

Just remember, even if you did all of that... They could always still just roll the car onto a trailer...

If someone's gunna steal it, they're gunna steal it...

Nick
05-05-2008, 04:04 PM

Why would they leave the car when they can get extra money on top of the free $400 you just left for them? lol

LIZMO
05-05-2008, 06:04 PM
well the good new is... they found it in the ghetto :wooo
bad news is... motor trans front bumper and something else is gone. :devil
she doesn't know what insurance is gonna do about it, but im sure shell let everyone know. hah.

Slow Joe
05-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Probably total it... If the wiring harness is all hacked, motor & trans are missing, wheels are missing, front bumper is needed so on and so forth it'd cost any shop a fortune to fix it...

jessicorn
05-05-2008, 06:37 PM

yeah my deductible is only 250.

Slow Joe
05-05-2008, 06:38 PM

Ah, that makes it easier to swallow... Then again, if you've got a Loan + GAP insurance you pay nothing if they total it...

jessicorn
05-05-2008, 06:40 PM

it was found... i just got back from the impound... its really sad... stripped like no other lights and everything gone... and what they didnt take they destroyed. they keyed the roof and the driver side door is being held on by the seat belt.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
05-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Kinda suprised my 1999 SI was never stolen when I owned it and I don't work in the nicest of neighborhoods.

jessicorn
05-05-2008, 07:24 PM

you were right about the area to look... the day after you posted that we went down there and saw the same type of rims that were on the civic on an integra but there were to many people around to check to see if they were mine... and then today i got the call saying they found it on 26th and walnut which is only 3 blocks north of vliet and 5 blocks from the rims and where you guys found the integras... were gonna go down there again late at night to find out if the rims really are mine and hopefully that will lead us to the people who did it.

scaleracer
05-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Glad to hear you found it even though there isn't much left!

flyin_blue_egg
05-05-2008, 07:52 PM
it was found... i just got back from the impound... its really sad... stripped like no other lights and everything gone... and what they didnt take they destroyed. they keyed the roof and the driver side door is being held on by the seat belt.

that fvcking sux ass

MurphysLaw88GT
05-05-2008, 07:56 PM

Well, thoughtful thieves at least....

they make it $$$$$$ to fix, increasing the chance of it being totaled.

jessicorn
05-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Glad to hear you found it even though there isn't much left!

yeah pictures are on my myspace...

awsomeears
05-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Theres a few areas around that location that its Heavy in Asian and Korean decent, I have been in a few houses and yards with Import cars and parts laying around. Always felt odd to see so much shit.

This is when I worked in the hood 2 summers ago, by no means do I mean to sound like a ass but it is what it is.

Nobody works so I guess stealing is easier

Such a shame !!!

PB86MCSS
05-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Sorry to hear it...

I still am surprised that Honda's are popular as theft targets on the north side? I understand older GM's, or any domestic in general but modded Hondas I don't see if/when I drive through for work or such. Guess I'm missing that neighborhood, but the border of Milwaukee/Tosa can be sketchy enough and not getting any better.

Pretty sure if someone stole my car and parts off it and I saw them later, was 100% sure they were mine....I'd be doing some heavy homework and probably try to steal the car the parts are on, strip it, keep my stuff (hide it somewhere if under investigation) and trash the remainder, maybe a nice bonfire :) . Or a sawzall to the car they put the stuff on. Maybe leave the chopped parts in their yard. At least I'd think hard about doing that. :mad: That is of course, if you would be 100% sure the parts are yours....I know I've been under and around my cars enough that I could pick out most items from the looks.

MurphysLaw88GT
05-06-2008, 12:28 AM
i will not go to jail for some dirtbag who wanted to steal my insured shitbox

wrath
05-06-2008, 07:37 AM
An expensive cordless drill and a 1/2" drill bit can bring a lot of satisfaction. And they're pretty quiet.

Feature Pony
05-06-2008, 08:07 AM
Theres a few areas around that location that its Heavy in Asian and Korean decent, I have been in a few houses and yards with Import cars and parts laying around. Always felt odd to see so much shit.

This is when I worked in the hood 2 summers ago, by no means do I mean to sound like a ass but it is what it is.

Nobody works so I guess stealing is easier

Such a shame !!!

When I worked at Tires Plus back in 99-00 we had a couple of Hmong guys working for us that lived on 28th and vliet, they always drove hondas and they pretty much had a new motor every week and new interiors. I found it kind of odd, cause they were only making about $7 a hour, but what can you do if you can't prove they are stolen parts and they never got caught with anything, but its still odd.

CobraSnake
05-06-2008, 09:21 AM
post the pics of the car in here. I want to see the remains.

Mark

Waver
05-06-2008, 10:32 AM
When I worked at Tires Plus back in 99-00 we had a couple of Hmong guys working for us that lived on 28th and vliet, they always drove hondas and they pretty much had a new motor every week and new interiors. I found it kind of odd, cause they were only making about $7 a hour, but what can you do if you can't prove they are stolen parts and they never got caught with anything, but its still odd.

Which one did you work at? Same thing at the tires plus that I used to work at....

Deggy
05-06-2008, 10:35 AM
I saw the pics on her myspace....car is STRIPPED down to practically nothing.

I'd post pics, but I'm so lazy to save them and upload em.

Car Guy
05-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Someone needs to post up some pictures because I'm retarded when it comes to Myspace and can't find them. Not sure if it's because I'm NOT a member but I WANT TO SEE SOME PICTURES...!!!

First person to post up some pics gets a cookie...!!! :devil :devil :devil

http://sanseverything.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/cookie-monster3.jpg

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Flicktitty
05-06-2008, 11:01 AM
http://a210.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/81/l_1d43e62cf765567f894deb5f9aecd901.jpg
http://a691.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/117/l_58cf5c42f3e463f33c8309fefa4c0aea.jpg
http://a829.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/124/l_cf554523819053d731c4c368764ce5ac.jpg
http://a673.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/70/l_93e9bdf298b61f6f9742778181a6b978.jpg
http://a582.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/109/l_6d2e70c355d489cc549af1067f4d042d.jpg

plus the usual key marks and some screw driver stabs in the dash.

Sucks they did that shit but you got it back. if you buy it back from your insurance (if they total it) i might know some people that would want the shell.

Keep an eye on Craigslist and Ebay now for some of the parts.

Waver
05-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Damn that sucks, and it was one of the few si colors that I actually like (blue and black) you could buy it back and maybe put one of those k series engines in it

Car Guy
05-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Thanks Flick! :headbang :headbang :headbang

michelle
05-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Thanks Flick! :headbang :headbang :headbang

Where is his cookie?

Flicktitty
05-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Where is his cookie?
no shit :mad:

Car Guy
05-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Where is his cookie?

I knew that was coming.....

The Cookie Monster is on his way over right now, I'll let you know when he arrives. I hope you like chocolate chip....:banana :banana :banana

flyin_blue_egg
05-06-2008, 11:56 AM
http://www.leelefever.com/archives/cookie.jpg

here's your cookie....you're welcome car guy

Yooformula
05-06-2008, 12:08 PM
they stabbed it and keyed to make sure it got totalled. you should thank them otherwise you would get back a mess of a repair job imo.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
05-06-2008, 12:15 PM
they stabbed it and keyed to make sure it got totalled. you should thank them otherwise you would get back a mess of a repair job imo.

exactly

you can still sell that spoiler for a few hundred $

GHOSST
05-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Not to discredit her, but she doesnt sound to brite, I bet it someone she knows, and probably the same people over and over again... like robbing the same bank with no security, but still they continue not to have security... so its on her to up the anty forreal..

70 cutlass 442
05-06-2008, 01:02 PM
I herd it was recovered...... any word on that.

Car Guy
05-06-2008, 01:14 PM
I herd it was recovered...... any word on that.

Check page 6.....

70 cutlass 442
05-06-2008, 01:26 PM
hmm, helps if i would actually read it. oh well, glad i dont and never will own a civic. i still cant beleive that fools pay money for that shit that was stripped off that car.

HY35F2T
05-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Not to discredit her, but she doesnt sound to brite, I bet it someone she knows, and probably the same people over and over again... like robbing the same bank with no security, but still they continue not to have security... so its on her to up the anty forreal..

I 2nd that its prolly someone she knows,also makes it easier cuz you basicly know when there sleeping.

oneslowcamino
05-06-2008, 01:42 PM
I thought they would have taken more off the car.

Feature Pony
05-06-2008, 02:14 PM
I thought they would have taken more off the car.

X2 I can't believe they left the seats, wing, fenders and doors plus the SI emblems usaully all the import guys want that stuff.

wrath
05-06-2008, 02:19 PM
I can't believe they left the glass or airbag.

wikked
05-06-2008, 02:30 PM

Why would any theif do someone a favor?

"hey we're gonna jack your shìt, but we'll make sure to make it a total loss so you get something out of it.

thanks,
~ loving, do-the-right-thing thieves."

Inside job :P

oneslowcamino
05-06-2008, 02:53 PM
If you buy it back I might be interested in the seats and sliders depending on condition and price. I am amazed they left the seats, air bag, doors, trunk, wing, rear bumper, mirrors, and fenders. I had a black 99 SI I was always worried about that getting stolen.

Nix
05-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Ha, small world jessicorn. It turns out that I work with your mom @ EMP in Waukesha. :rolf

Glad you got your car back, now hopefully you can catch the assholes who stole it in the first place.

jessicorn
05-06-2008, 03:15 PM
I 2nd that its prolly someone she knows,also makes it easier cuz you basicly know when there sleeping.

no its not someone i know... know knew where i had just moved... and i didnt have a regular sleep or work pattern because i was laid off at the time.

Yooformula
05-06-2008, 03:15 PM

if they knew them they might......especially considering how much of the car they left.

jessicorn
05-06-2008, 03:20 PM

"hey we're gonna jack your shìt, but we'll make sure to make it a total loss so you get something out of it.

thanks,
~ loving, do-the-right-thing thieves."

Inside job :P

they were thoughtful thieves... they took my rotas off but made sure they put a different set of acura wheels on there well and by set i mean 1 gsr and 3 other ones...

jessicorn
05-06-2008, 03:25 PM
exactly

you can still sell that spoiler for a few hundred $

it's going to be totalled so i wont get it back unless i find someone to go to the auction for me... but ive been considering it because there are those few parts left i could sell

jessicorn
05-06-2008, 03:33 PM

the guy at the impound said hes heard a lot about a few hmongs down there doing that shit ... and thats exactly where i found a teg with the exact rotas that were on the civic and thats 5 blocks from where the car was found...

Car Guy
05-06-2008, 03:47 PM
it's going to be totalled so i wont get it back unless i find someone to go to the auction for me... but ive been considering it because there are those few parts left i could sell

You should have first shot at buying it back from your insurance company before they send it through an auction. The buy back price is usually about %20 of what they are giving you for it.....

Whom is it insured through...???

jessicorn
05-06-2008, 03:58 PM
You should have first shot at buying it back from your insurance company before they send it through an auction. The buy back price is usually about %20 of what they are giving you for it.....

american family

jessicorn
05-06-2008, 03:58 PM

american family

Car Guy
05-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Talk to them immediately to inquire about buying it back if you're interested, the longer you wait to less they'll want to work with you…..

Also, refuse to take NO for an answer too easily right away if that’s what they tell you. Insurance companies are like the gov't in that they like to do what they please with no rhyme or reason.....

jessicorn
05-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Talk to them immediately to inquire about buying it back if you're interested, the longer you wait to less they'll want to work with you…..

Also, refuse to take NO for an answer too easily right away if that’s what they tell you. Insurance companies are like the gov't in that they like to do what they please with no rhyme or reason.....

yeah i talked to my adjuster today and asked her about it but she told me ill have to talk to the estimator when he calls me

Car Guy
05-06-2008, 04:27 PM
yeah i talked to my adjuster today and asked her about it but she told me ill have to talk to the estimator when he calls me

You really shouldn't have a problem, but like I said don't take their word as gospel.....

Berettaspeed
05-06-2008, 05:07 PM
man that sucks. i think they live around there and drop the car off block from their house... roll past a couple of times to see where the integra is with the rims you think is yours. yeah someone over there stole my friends old ass 87 integra 5 spd?? WTF that car was junk.

alot of people goto the new mobil on the corner of 55th and vilet. i live around there as well. its like the border live from hoodrats and classy people.

a good way next time is to ask if they want to sell the rims, or car :)
everything has a price, not that you would buy it.but you get the idea.

jessicorn
05-06-2008, 07:33 PM
man that sucks. i think they live around there and drop the car off block from their house... roll past a couple of times to see where the integra is with the rims you think is yours. yeah someone over there stole my friends old ass 87 integra 5 spd?? WTF that car was junk.

alot of people goto the new mobil on the corner of 55th and vilet. i live around there as well. its like the border live from hoodrats and classy people.

a good way next time is to ask if they want to sell the rims, or car :)
everything has a price, not that you would buy it.but you get the idea.

yeah we drove through today and saw it but they were all hmong and outside by it and i didnt want to stop in case it is the people cuz im assuming the people who attempted to take the integra are the ones who took the civic. so it would have been a little obvious.

subliminal1284
05-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Heres what you should of done,

1. Bought or found rattlesnake.

2. Place rattlesnake under drivers seat, feed mice occasionally

3. Dont forget to remove snake in the morning.

They steal your car, atleast you will know where to find it.....The hospital

jessicorn
05-06-2008, 08:10 PM

lol you are amazing

wrath
05-06-2008, 08:36 PM
That doesn't work on Hondas, the snake would be worth more than the car.

PB86MCSS
05-06-2008, 10:34 PM

I find it hard to believe any theif is being thoughtful of the owner of the car they just stole from....just thinking about it makes my brain want to explode :) . I'd have to think they thought it would be fun to do that since they probably have the mind of a 13 year old adolescent punk....heck, they might even be 13. Or its something personal.

Welcome to Wisconsin, you're Hmong friends.

Slow Joe
05-06-2008, 10:38 PM
I'm suprised that they didn't start it on fire... Then again, that would of drawn attention to the car...

So I'm just curious, did you have to pick it up, or did Milwaukee county tow it somewhere for ya?

jessicorn
05-06-2008, 11:30 PM
I'm suprised that they didn't start it on fire... Then again, that would of drawn attention to the car...

So I'm just curious, did you have to pick it up, or did Milwaukee county tow it somewhere for ya?

they towed it to the tow lot on 37th & lincoln... i wish i couldve picked it up and drove it away that wouldve been bomb...but that doesnt happen often with those cars. :(

Slow Joe
05-06-2008, 11:41 PM
Well, I had a friend who's car was stolen a few years back. It was found all in tact, and Milwaukee county cops just told her to go pick it up where it was sitting... It wasn't towed to a lot or anything like that...

jessicorn
05-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Well, I had a friend who's car was stolen a few years back. It was found all in tact, and Milwaukee county cops just told her to go pick it up where it was sitting... It wasn't towed to a lot or anything like that...

when they came to take the police report they had me sign something saying i wanted it towed if they found it because a lot of times the motors of those cars are taken and i most likely wouldnt be able to drive it but if i wouldnt have signed that paper they would have just left it there.

LIZMO
05-07-2008, 10:47 AM
the motor was kinda bad on it wasnt it. haha sucks for them.

GTSLOW
05-07-2008, 12:06 PM

:rolf

Poncho
05-07-2008, 08:09 PM
This is all ****ed up. Sorry to hear. Personally I can understand the appeal to steal one.