PDA

View Full Version : GT-R drops 'Ring time down to 7:29

Flicktitty
05-01-2008, 10:30 AM
I don't care who you are that's down right impressive!

When the 193-MPH Nissan GT-R set a lap time of 7:38 last year at the 'Ring, besting cars like the Porsche GT3, Lamborghini Murcielago, and Mercedes SLR, the Nissan team was disappointed. There were two damp corners on the track, and everyone was quite sure that the car, piloted by official test driver Tochio Suzuki, could go faster.

Now it has. With a completely dry track, the base model Godzilla-san wearing stock Japanese-market tires shaved 9 seconds off its previous best time, posting a lap time of 7:29. On that same lap, it leapfrogged the Porsche GT2, Koenigsegg, and SLR 722 GT. Now it's flashing its headlights at the Carrera GT and Pagani Zonda F Clubsport, both about one second up the road. So if the standard model on stock tires does 7:29, and the more powerful, lighter GT-R V-Spec has already been casually clocked at 7:25 -- betting on what the GT-R's ultimate best lap time will be begins now... And did we say it can all be yours for $70,000? Damn. Check out Nissan's official presser after the jump.

[Source: Nissan]

PRESS RELEASE

GT-R ACHIEVES UNDER 7:30 AT NÜRBURGRING
- GT-R among the fastest ever production road cars at the 'Ring' -

Nissan today announced that its GT-R supercar achieved a lap time at the infamous Nürburgring in Germany of seven minutes and 29 seconds. Recorded on April 16 and 17, the GT-R used was a base specification car and fitted with the standard Japanese market tyres. Driven by GT-R chief test driver Tochio Suzuki, this latest lap time beats the previous fastest time for the GT-R by nine seconds.

The previous best lap time for GT-R of 7:38, also driven by Suzuki, was one of the fastest laps achieved by a production car despite conditions being slightly damp on two corners.

"At last year's testing, we were frustrated by the conditions at the Nürburgring, always believing that the GT-R could go under seven minutes 30 seconds," said Kazutoshi Mizuno, Chief Vehicle Engineer for GT-R. "Below seven minutes 30 seconds, the GT-R proves it is among the fastest mass-production cars in the world. We set out to build a multi-performance supercar accessible to anyone, anytime and anywhere – I believe the GT-R has delivered that promise."

Deliveries of the all-new GT-R began in Japan in December 2007. Sales in the US and Canada start in July and extend to Europe and other markets over the next 12 months.
LINK 1 (http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/01/gt-r-drops-ring-time-down-to-7-29/)
LINK 2 (http://www.nissan360.com/releases/release-2.php)

DRK
05-01-2008, 10:44 AM
propaganda

GTSLOW
05-01-2008, 10:47 AM
They are all rolling nuclear bombs, keep them out of the US!

flyin_blue_egg
05-01-2008, 12:37 PM
if i had the money to blow on a car i'd buy one

Al
05-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Will the ZR1 Beat it?

Flicktitty
05-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Will the ZR1 Beat it?

i have no clue. thats alot of catching up to do. Last i heard the ZR-1 was in the Low 7:40's with a wet track. so it will be interesting.

CobraSnake
05-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Will the ZR1 Beat it?

I don't think so.

Mark

Yooformula
05-01-2008, 03:06 PM
just to argue like the rice fans do. The ZR1 ran their test on a wet pavement with stock tires so well have to see what it runs on with prepped tires and a race version that will barely be available to the public.

Al
05-01-2008, 03:08 PM
I'm waiting to see the V10 twin turbo R8 kick the GTR arse.

Flicktitty
05-01-2008, 03:32 PM
just to argue like the rice fans do. The ZR1 ran their test on a wet pavement with stock tires so well have to see what it runs on with prepped tires and a race version that will barely be available to the public.

True, i can't wait to see what it will run. But to drop the 20 seconds it will need to pass up the V-Spec and the 15 seconds to the GT-R the ZR1 will have it's hands full. without a doubt i bet down the long straight it will run faster but thats not what the other 11 miles are ;)

Flicktitty
05-01-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm waiting to see the V10 twin turbo R8 kick the GTR arse.

Hell yeah, i dounno if it's gonna kick it's "arse" but it will be one bad mofo when it comes out.

nismodave
05-01-2008, 04:02 PM
I love how every Zr1 thread, or GTR thread turns into....Vette VS GTR slapfest.:rolleyes:

Al
05-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Hell yeah, i dounno if it's gonna kick it's "arse" but it will be one bad mofo when it comes out.

570 hp and it will weigh less = win

lordairgtar
05-01-2008, 05:26 PM
As with other GM Performance Division-developed vehicles, the HHR SS was validated on Germany’s famed Nürburgring racing circuit, where it set a new lap record of 8:43.52 minutes for its class, besting the previous record of 8:54.38 held by the Opel Zafira OPC.

Not a GTR, but not bad for what is essentially NOT a sports car. What's under the hood of the GTR? The HHR SS has a 2.0 Turbo Ecotech 4 banger.

Al
05-01-2008, 08:47 PM
As with other GM Performance Division-developed vehicles, the HHR SS was validated on Germany’s famed Nürburgring racing circuit, where it set a new lap record of 8:43.52 minutes for its class, besting the previous record of 8:54.38 held by the Opel Zafira OPC.

Not a GTR, but not bad for what is essentially NOT a sports car. What's under the hood of the GTR? The HHR SS has a 2.0 Turbo Ecotech 4 banger.

I'll second that. Those turbo ecotechs are tearing up the ring!

spindler27
05-01-2008, 08:59 PM

a TT 3.8L V6

i agree with the slapfest, BUT i do love to see the two companies trying to best each other, i do agree though that the ZR1 has a lot of catching up to do

Flicktitty
05-01-2008, 10:30 PM

Holy **** i did not know that.

This is the same kind of slap fest as the Mustang Vs Camaro debate.

lordairgtar
05-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Not meant for it to be a slap fest. Just that some cars would surprise the poop out of you. I can't compare a HHR to a GTR, that's ludicrous.