PDA

View Full Version : 5.0 Nitrous Set Up

Windsors 03 Cobra
04-30-2008, 10:20 PM
Possibly looking to set up a 100 or so shot on on my bone stock 91 Mark, looking to do it on the cheap probably should be a wet shot.
A year or so back I put all new stock catback exhaust on it, its pretty quiet. Will this much backpressure be a problem ?

Any advice on setting this up to be safe ?
89k on the 5.0 and its the motor is tight and the AOD shifts out nice/firm.
I probably need 100 or so horse to take out a certain associate. :rolf
I was thinking about a cam but I dunno if it will work with the efi.
I do not want to do a mass air conversion, is this efi tunable ?

70 cutlass 442
04-30-2008, 11:03 PM
well, 100 shot is being very conservitive, I ran a 125 wet on my 95 for most the year and then i hit it with a 200 (not reccomened for longetivity) but yes, id go for a wet, and id reccomend the BG plate system that bolts to the throttle body, or one of the plates that goes between the upper and lower intake. The TB plate setup hit MUCH harder then my single fogger nozzle on the exact same jet configuration.

Windsors 03 Cobra
04-30-2008, 11:12 PM
That sounds pretty good, hopefully I will be able to get a kit that just pulls fuel off the Schrader valve, I'm sure the fuel pump has enough flow.
I wonder if I can just rip the EGR plate out of there and put the fogger plate in its place ?

70 cutlass 442
04-30-2008, 11:20 PM
That sounds pretty good, hopefully I will be able to get a kit that just pulls fuel off the Schrader valve, I'm sure the fuel pump has enough flow.
I wonder if I can just rip the EGR plate out of there and put the fogger plate in its place ?

well, i picked up a 255 lph walbro and adjustable FPR for about $100 so that right there would be cheap insurance, and my kit does pull off the schrader valve but you need an adapter which was also included. if that thing hooks i think your only real weak point would be the AOD :thumbsup

DRK
05-01-2008, 09:04 AM
speed density sucks but can be chipped
some baby cams do work on some SD cars but not all
I don't think the stock aod will last long on a 100 shot
you'll want a 255lph pump in the tank
I wouldn't worry about the exhaust

....and I would bet if you shoot a 100hp wet shot from a dig that it will blow the intake off.

Windsors 03 Cobra
05-01-2008, 10:16 AM
I dont wanna blow the welds off my intake ! :D

Ok I guess I will abandon ship on dis project, thanks fellas.