PDA

View Full Version : Silver Spur

Scales
04-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Anyone hear about the fire?

My wife sent me this link this morning: http://www.myfoxmilwaukee.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=6427821&version=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Not sure who all knows but the Silver Spur had thee best BBQ out of everywhere I've ever tasted, and I've been to Memphis. I really hope they are able to make a full recovery!

Is it bad that I'm sad a restaurant burned down? Maybe it's a sign I eat too much. :goof

Prince Valiant
04-30-2008, 06:20 PM
One of my buddies was an owner of the place...don't know if he still owned a stake in it though.

lordairgtar
04-30-2008, 06:34 PM
The building was a total. Don't know if they will rebuild.

UnderPSI
04-30-2008, 06:38 PM
That was great food there. I hope they rebuild. It would be nice if they could build a bigger building too, it was always full.

xxsn0blindxx
04-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Wow I was just there last weekend. They had good food there too, I hope they decide to rebuild.

u_say_go
04-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Anyone hear about the fire?
Is it bad that I'm sad a restaurant burned down? Maybe it's a sign I eat too much. :goof

sorry for your loss Mike. Let's hope the cheese sauce factories of the world never burn down. :rolf

edit: ....and the plants that produce all that yummy mayo!!! (beat ya to it)

A B4C Z
04-30-2008, 10:55 PM
Drove by this morning and saw it. Looked bad.

GinoRin
04-30-2008, 10:58 PM
It must have been time for a remodel....

lordairgtar
04-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Owner on the news says rebuild is planned.

michelle
04-30-2008, 11:39 PM
I live right down the street from it and while getting ready this morning, Adam had the news on the TV and I couldn't believe it when I saw it.

We keep saying we were going to try the food there one of these weekends, guess we'll have to wait until it gets rebuilt!

Ryan78
05-01-2008, 12:30 AM
This sucks. Hands down the best BBQ out there. I've been to Texas and Tennessee and they don't even compare. I even had them cater my wedding reception last year. I washed dishes there when I was 14 when they were called Lonestar just because the employees get a free meal every night. I hope they rebuild. I just can't live without the Juicy-Q sandwich and Ma's chocolate cake. If they don't rebuild, put me on suicide watch.

UnderPSI
05-01-2008, 09:42 AM
MMmmmmm the chocolate cake...

jbiscuit
05-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Not sure who all knows but the Silver Spur had thee best BBQ out of everywhere I've ever tasted, and I've been to Memphis.

Go to Corky's or Interstate in Memphis the next time you are there. Now THAT is BBQ! Corky's Hot N Spicy dry rub rib sandwich FTW!

Ryan78
05-01-2008, 12:45 PM
I've been to Corky's before outside Memphis in a suburb called Germantown. Good BBQ, but I've had better. Somewhat disappointed in the BBQ sauce. I had a split plate of ribs. Half wet and half dry. The dry rub was good. I would have tried a few other places, but when I seen that Memphis was the be all end all of dumps, I got the hell out of there and went to Chattanooga.

Prince Valiant
05-01-2008, 01:00 PM
meh...silver spur was pretty darn decent (and I'm saying VERY GOOD), but not the best.

My favorite thing about bbq is the regional quality to it...KC is different the TN, that's different from the carolina's, which is different from Coastal georgia/north east FL, which is different from inland FL/georgia which is different from gulf state bbq, which is differnt from TX style bbq, which is different from western bbq, which is different from st. louis style bbq....on and on and on. It's impossible to say what the "best" is, only your "favorite". Mine is a virtual 4-way tie b/w "The Pig" (Jacksonville FL), Bono's (Jacksonville FL...and more locations), Fred Flemmings BBQ (St. Pete FL), and Sonny's (primarily FL GA). Also love some of the roadside places in TX (Pit BBQ, just south of Dallas), Rudy's makes a great brisket (multiple locations throughout TX...advertises itself as TX worst bbq).

I do love corky's dry rub ribs though...Andy and I went there getting the RX, I try to stop on every trip to FL because it's the first place that serves great sweet tea.

michelle
05-01-2008, 01:05 PM
I've been to Corky's before outside Memphis in a suburb called Germantown. Good BBQ, but I've had better. Somewhat disappointed in the BBQ sauce. I had a split plate of ribs. Half wet and half dry. The dry rub was good. I would have tried a few other places, but when I seen that Memphis was the be all end all of dumps, I got the hell out of there and went to Chattanooga.

We had an SHO convention there a couple years ago. There's a lot of crime in that area. One SHO owner almost had his car stolen in the parking lot in the middle of the day, luckily another SHO owner saw the guy and ran after him before he did more then just damage the door lock. Then while at the zoo, the driver's window in our '90 got smashed. ):

Scales
05-01-2008, 08:03 PM
sorry for your loss Mike. Let's hope the cheese sauce factories of the world never burn down. :rolf

edit: ....and the plants that produce all that yummy mayo!!! (beat ya to it)

I'll still be happy with any place that lets me buy cheese by the gallon!!!

Go to Corky's or Interstate in Memphis the next time you are there. Now THAT is BBQ! Corky's Hot N Spicy dry rub rib sandwich FTW!

I got a BBQ beef samich and the wife got a pulled pork samich from Corky's. Both were really good, but not the best IMO. I do want to try interstate next time I'm down there though. :thumbsup

u_say_go
05-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Speed Queen on 12th and Walnut, get the shoulder dinner. but dont go inside!! use the drive-thru and just hammer on it once you get your food, dont stop for red lights just get the phizzuck outta there