PDA

View Full Version : 3 time CONVICTED drunk driver kills a family....

Yooformula
04-28-2008, 12:27 PM
wtf is it going to take for this bullshit state to really crack down on drunk drivers???? It is so damm easy to get away with a dui here its sickening. This guy runs a red light and plows into a car with a mother, daughter and expecting child killing them all. The guy just got convicted of his 3rd dui THAT MORNING, yet still no jailtime!!! How many times do you have to phuck up to get the book thrown at you???:flipoff2:wi lawmakers and corrupt politicians.

juicedimpss
04-28-2008, 12:35 PM
that is truely sad.

Jsho13
04-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Hang them all

MoCkiN U
04-28-2008, 12:39 PM
I would be in prison because he would have swallowed a smoking hot shotgun shell already for taking out my family

Yooformula
04-28-2008, 12:45 PM
after the 2nd one the license should be yanked and you should be arrested if caught driving period! I am all for giving out chances but damm, not when people's lives are at stake.

Car Guy
04-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Has it been proven if he was actually drunk or not when the crash happened...???

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

nitroxtreme
04-28-2008, 12:47 PM
This guy should be hung...The guy was a doctor on suspension too...

Yooformula
04-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Has it been proven if he was actually drunk or not when the crash happened...???

according to the paper he was intoxicated at the time of the crash which is why he never stopped at the light.

Car Guy
04-28-2008, 12:53 PM
according to the paper he was intoxicated at the time of the crash which is why he never stopped at the light.

WOW :stare , that guy should just swallow his pride and hang himself.....

Yooformula
04-28-2008, 12:55 PM
no he WAS a doctor and lost his license permantly for self medication and abusing scripts.

moels
04-28-2008, 01:00 PM
If I was the husband, he wouldn't make it to court. What a tragedy.

Car Guy
04-28-2008, 01:03 PM
no he WAS a doctor and lost his license permantly for self medication and abusing scripts.

In a nutshell yesterday's incident was the end of that guy's life. Granted he'll live in jail until he dies but that's NOT living if you ask me.....:punch:

Jsho13
04-28-2008, 01:08 PM
In a nutshell yesterday's incident was the end of that guy's life. Granted he'll live in jail until he dies but that's NOT living if you ask me.....:punch:

Its nice to know that us taxpayers can support this fvck head for the rest of his life. Enjoy your PBJ's and please drop the soap. I give him two years max before he gets shanked.

That_Guy
04-28-2008, 01:08 PM
i live in oconomowoc.. my younger brother was very close with this lady. he is planning on putting a sign out where the flowers are that says.." this is what happens when you owi!"

Karps TA
04-28-2008, 01:09 PM
I believe everyone is entitled to making a mistake. But the guys who get caught multiple times drives me nuts how little they get punished.

Yooformula
04-28-2008, 01:10 PM
I wish he got jailtime BEFORE he had to kill 3 people...oh yeah the woman was a vice principal and from the reports a very good educator.

That_Guy
04-28-2008, 01:23 PM
I wish he got jailtime BEFORE he had to kill 3 people...oh yeah the woman was a vice principal and from the reports a very good educator.

yeah... she handled everything very personaly.. its a dam shame.. she was an administrator that people actually liked. its to bad they got rid of the death penalty in this state. i hope i get called in for jury duty..

wikked
04-28-2008, 02:40 PM
There's a guy who works for Coakley who has 7 DUI's (last I knew of), and he drives trucks/semi's, usually full of Harley parts.
No one cares until you kill someone.

johnny--2k
04-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Well, now he is in Jail on a $1M bond.....serves him right!

Al
04-28-2008, 04:12 PM
We should do it the Russian way: give him a gun with one round in it and tell him to make our job easier.

One needs to get to these people before the lawyers convince the guy that it was not his fault.

pOrk
04-28-2008, 04:19 PM
after the 2nd one the license should be yanked and you should be arrested if caught driving period! I am all for giving out chances but damm, not when people's lives are at stake.

This post made me laugh.

So if he ****s up twice, he should be punished? First offense requires jail time, MINIMUM and MANDATORY.

lordairgtar
04-28-2008, 04:26 PM
A wife, mother, educator. How sad and tragic is this. Wisconsin will never really crack down on DUIs because the Tavern League won't allow it. Until Wisconsin quits listening to this lobbyist group, things will never change. They don't want the penalties to be severe because it will cut into their member's revenue. They, along with lawyers, work hard to give drunks a break. A guy was driving drunk on HWY 83 near Delafield and he caused an accident that killed a person as well, and he got off because the lawyers said the ice on the road would have caused him to crash anyway. Well, if that was true, then everyone should have crashed that day on that stretch of highway. What BS

DirtyMax
04-28-2008, 04:37 PM

He was intoxicated on drugs, not alcohol, according to the article on jsonline.

He had to find a new way to get his fix since he was ordered to have an ignition interlock. Which raises the question... why would he even be allowed to drive anyways!?!?

johnny--2k
04-28-2008, 04:41 PM
He did not even have the interlock on his car at the time of the accident, but again, even if he did, it would have done nothing.

pOrk
04-28-2008, 04:41 PM
**** interlocks, if you can't act your age then you shouldn't be allowed to drive.

flyin_blue_egg
04-28-2008, 04:52 PM
im just as pissed about it as you...but he didn't run a red light, the light had just turned green....and he had been convicted of his 3rd dui i think like a week earlier...but you have to realize that the trial may not be until early may, its not like they get sentenced etc. the day it all happens

b/c i know in WI 3rd offence DUI is a felony punishable by up to like 6 years i think

HAMRHEAD
04-28-2008, 05:05 PM
They need to crack down on these ass holes and not worry about the car that went by whose exhaust might be a little loud for grandpa and grandma's liking!

flyin_blue_egg
04-28-2008, 05:08 PM
the thing is, you can't just go around pulling ppl over...you need a reason to do it, and sometimes (even though you saw them pull outta of the bar after being there all night) you just can't find a reason to pull them over, until something like this happens

Karps TA
04-28-2008, 05:12 PM
When they start throwing people in jail for causing accidents when on a cell phone, or dropping a CD, or eating, or being too old to drive, then I'll get all excited about drunk drivers. All those people are just as much a menace on the roads and all of them could just as easily not do the things they are doing as well.

HAMRHEAD
04-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Once you get a DUI your plate should go into a system were you submit to being pulled over at any random time for a sobriety check for 24 months.

moels
04-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Once you get a DUI your plate should go into a system were you submit to being pulled over at any random time for a sobriety check for 24 months.

Great idea!

Yooformula
04-28-2008, 05:31 PM
sorry but she was stopped at a red light waiting when he plowed into her car and he was indeed under the influence just this time it was drugs. He was convicted 2 days earlier not weeks so I am sure it should have been on his mind. we keep making excuses and people get away with this shit. Karp, people on the phone may be a hazard but more die from drunk drivers than fussing with a radio or blabbing on the phone.

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=4/28/2008&id=38939

Karps TA
04-28-2008, 05:44 PM
sorry but she was stopped at a red light waiting when he plowed into her car and he was indeed under the influence just this time it was drugs. He was convicted 2 days earlier not weeks so I am sure it should have been on his mind. we keep making excuses and people get away with this shit. Karp, people on the phone may be a hazard but more die from drunk drivers than fussing with a radio or blabbing on the phone.

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=4/28/2008&id=38939

And more people die from second hand smoke then drunk drivers, but we aren't locking up all the smokers.

Drunk driving is a stupid thing to do, and if you get caught multiple times you should have the book thrown at you. I give a first one cause I would bet 99 people out of 100 wouldn't know what a .08 even feels like. For some people a .08 is nothing and doesn't effect them anymore then a caffine buzz. For others a .08 would put them on their ass. So I hate that there's an actual BAC # that makes the decision. A shitty driver is going to be a shitty driver at a .02 or a .10.

I maybe have to deal with a drunk driver on the road once a year. But I swear to god I deal with jackasses on cell phones cutting me off at least once a week, and the same with old people.

I just hate seeing all the holier then thou crap on of all places a car board where I bet a good majority of the people on here do something stupid and against the law with their car atleast once a month. Shit look at the people complaining about the police at the Speed Inc open house. Had one of those guys doing a burnout, screwed up and killed a couple people, everyone would have been saying how dumb the guy was and how he deserves to go to jail. But since nothing happened it's the cops are being dicks.

Yooformula
04-28-2008, 05:52 PM
smokers make a choice to smoke and possibly give themselves cancer. their cancer cant kill my family on the road. not even close in argument bro. a bunch of us were complaining about the burn outs at the show and even jumpd when a car slingshot out of the hole. not all of us were drooling over the haphazard burnouts. you werent there to see the cop HAUL ass down a road with people standing in it. He could have killed just as many as the cars doing the burn outs that what was disturbing not that he was doing his job. but the lack of miranda rights when he arrested the kid, the fact that he pulled the kid out without saying a word, the fact that he slapped a tow sticker AFTER the tow truck came and was loading it NOT that he was doing his job.

Karps TA
04-28-2008, 06:01 PM
I know smoking isn't the same. I just always hear X kills people so people should be thrown in jail. And heck I'm not even arguing against drunk drivers who kill someone going to jail. I'm say that it shouldn't make a difference if the guy had 4 beers or he was talking dirty to his wife on his cell phone. Neglect is neglect. But in 99% of the instance the cell phone guy will get off and be thought of differently then the drunk driver. Yet both made a poor decision.

I'm sure the cop was an ass. They usually are. But the cop probably was pissed off having to waste his time babysitting people. No excuse, but the sentiment remains the same.

Yooformula
04-28-2008, 06:05 PM
I am all for ticketing people on the cell just like in NY, in fact I hate using my phone and rush people off the phone for safety's sake but I can drop my phone in an emergency, you cant get sober in a flash though, and with ALL of the publicity surrounding drunk driving and having been CONVICTED for the 3rd time, he shouldnt have been allowed to drive period. I understand once and you should pay a hefty penalty but damm man 3 times???? when is enough, enough? For me its once! I have a family and it scares me to think that some drunk ass can do that to my family. I drink but I drink within reason and dont drive hammered.

Karps TA
04-28-2008, 06:30 PM
I would like to think once should be enough to scare someone straight. I know it would scare me enough not to do it again. But if the world was filled with alot of smart people, we wouldn't need to have this thread, now would we? lol

HAMRHEAD
04-28-2008, 06:51 PM
It's the effect more than the cause that will determine a punishment. The assholes that cut people off are stupid but if there is a small accident with just property damage it isn't the same. If someone is on the phone and causes an accident that results in a fatality then the punishment should be the same as a drunk that kills some one. Both have impaired driving ability. Discharging a firearm in the city limits is a ticket and for the most part no big deal, but if the bullet hits someone it is a whole different ball game. So what results from the intoxicated driver is a bigger deal than the act of DUI. Some claim they can drive on a phone or after drinking X amount of alcohol. Doesn't matter. The law is the law. We can't make laws for every individual based on their abilities or educational level so it is for society as a whole. There has to be a standard otherwise everyone will be yelling about favoritism for whatever reason they believe. IMO impaired driving that results in fatalities should be dealt with harshly and swiftly with a lifetime of misery for the offender. You unlawfully take a life you need to pay for the rest of yours. That does NOT include actual accidents due to freak situations either. Just impaired situations! Not disagreeing about the people on cells or ass holes in general just my opinion.

spindler27
04-28-2008, 07:37 PM
second hand smoke and having to deal with it is my biggest problem i have day to day, its all good and well that they want to waste money and shorten their lives, but don't you dare shorten mine, i cannot stand cigarette smoke and its the main reason im almost never at bars, i can't breathe and i can't see, my body actually rejects the smoke and i have to get out of there, so why when im at work should i have to deal with other people that can't wait til they're a good distance away from me to have their cancer stick?

and about the main topic, my family and a couple friends have learned their lesson about DUI's, i know the laws all too well and i have seen how paralyzing it can be once you're caught, this state needs to step up the laws ten fold and have a 1 and done rule, i also am one that thinks every bar needs an accurate reading breathalyzer, not just one as a joke, i think that if more people knew just how drunk they were, they would think twice about driving

Reverend Cooper
04-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Made the mistake of drinking and driving several times when I was younger,fortunatley I was caught for it 14 years ago, never to offend this again. after going threw the classes I realized how i could ruin not just my life but many others. It was a real eye opener for me. This guy will get what he deserves in the afterlife. to bad the state didnt send him for mandatory rehab. government get involved with every other bullshit aspect of your life just not the parts that count. i blame this on the government and the dd family for not taking the bull by the horns. RIP

pOrk
04-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Made the mistake of drinking and driving several times when I was younger,fortunatley I was caught for it 14 years ago, never to offend this again. after going threw the classes I realized how i could ruin not just my life but many others. It was a real eye opener for me.

Takes Balls to admit doing something like that, and its nice to hear some people that do get caught learn their lesson the first time around.

It makes me SICK to hear about some people that have been caught more then twice, and in wisconsin there are people still driving with over 5. Its pathetic.

flyin_blue_egg
04-28-2008, 08:56 PM
^^^the sad thing is, ppl like that will never learn....they get 4,5,6+ tix and just don't F'in care about it, so even with a suspended/revoked license they still drive

Holeshot
04-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Wisconsin is dead last in drink driving enforcement. I've always had a hatred for repeat drunk drivers. I can relate. I lost my parents to a DD when I was just 3 months old.
Guy never did a day behind bars and as of the last time I checked his record he has had 4 other convictions of DUI ....... So I have no sympathy for Drunk Drivers.

pOrk
04-28-2008, 09:33 PM
^ I hate hearing stuff like that.

I served a sentence in Indiana for speeding, and people driving drunk are paying fines and getting away with murder. Its a ****ed up world we are living in.

GRAMPS SS
04-28-2008, 09:35 PM
hell i know people that have been busted 3-5 times...not a thing done to them...which sucks....will they ever learn...no....

it's a shame what has happened...but i don't think justice will be served out....JMO

u_say_go
04-28-2008, 09:53 PM
almost every one of us has driven drunk, and getting nabbed for a DUI is just waiting to happen. So, 1st offense- fine, you screwed up, pay your ticket, go to class. 2nd offense- double the fine, spend a couple nights in the clink and be warned that the 3rd time you're done driving FOREVER. 3rd offense- LICENSE IS GONE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. You get caught driving a car or motorcycle you go to jail. How hard would it be to just write that bill and pass it? I dont get it. there has to be some reason they are so lieniant (sp) on these people!?
there's also another case of drunk driver kills someone, in a snow storm, but he may get off completely because they cant prove alcohol was the reason for the accident and not the icy roads.:wow

GRAMPS SS
04-28-2008, 10:21 PM
jason ..i will agree with you ....but...the charges have to be changed....2nd offence....got to jail and wait to be arranged in the morning...and lose your license and jail time 6 months to a year.and do piss tests that the offender has to pay for not the tax payers.....3rd time is a charm....jail time..plain and simple...but will these laws ever get into writing...no....4th time....more jail time...5th time...wft...you have learned by the second time...they will never learn...no...most of them drive with no license as well.....so what can you do...nothing...

i have one friend that was 500 feet from his driveway...smacked into a parked car on the side of the road in Germantown....they locked his a$$ up for 3 months in washinton county....he lost his job...insurence went through the roof...did he change...yep...been sober for 4 years and got his life back on the right track...but that is a small story of what happens...others just keep on drinking and driving.......

u_say_go
04-28-2008, 10:24 PM
whatever the case, they need to do something. People are getting away with murder and it's phucked up! My view on this has really changed since I've got a wife and 3 kids who are on the road with these morons.
Like I said, there's some hidden reason why they aren't REALLY cracking down on these people.

Heat Seeker WS6
04-28-2008, 10:25 PM
I agree with ya guys on the feelings towards drunk driving & feel NO remorse to the wrongdoers. Sorry guys for your losses & Mike I've always respected you- turn that up a few more notches :headbang. My cousin lost one of her legs at 18 from her b/f driving drunk.

Well lets see what happens shortly to a member of our own BCM community & see how the law works towards him. May justice be served

GRAMPS SS
04-28-2008, 10:34 PM
they just had on the news that Men Falls is getting a gov grant to do a drunk driving sting all summer long in the town.....we'll see what they do once they catch them...that is public record....you can check on ANYONE you want....has to start somewhere i guess Jason...

moels
04-28-2008, 10:46 PM
I never got a dui, but I could have many times in the past. I had kids and wised up. I never drink and drive anymore. Hell I havent seen the inside of a bar in months. I always make sure I have a driver or am within walking distance if I am drinking. I agree that 1st offense could be a fine and suspension, but after that it has to get substantial on the penalty. Hell, let's make the 3rd offense the death penalty. I'm all for weeding out the stupid people.

GRAMPS SS
04-28-2008, 11:08 PM
^^^^^^^^^been there as well young Wayne....there were times when Ann and i were dating...i don't remember the ride home on sat when i went out with the guys....hell one sunday Ann came over and asked what the monte was doing parked on the grass at my apartment...is said yea right...got out of bed,...sure shit,,,,there it was at my apartments back door, 50 feet from the parking lot.........then one day i got smart....engaged actually....and stop drinking...i'll have a drink here and there...but if i do...she drives home...i won't take the chance...and if i'm with sean and someone has beer...i don't drink with him in my car as well......

the laws have to be made stiffer thats the bottom line...wisconsin law makers and goverment have to grow a set....

pOrk
04-29-2008, 12:48 AM
almost every one of us has driven drunk

Do you honestly believe that?

ponyride00
04-29-2008, 01:25 AM
Very sad. I agree with one chance and thats it. You should learn after that.

HAMRHEAD
04-29-2008, 01:36 AM
one chance is fine unless it results in major injury or fatality then it should be automatic prison time.

u_say_go
04-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Do you honestly believe that?
yes I do. I said ALMOST every one of us. I know there are people smart enough to not do it, but a vast majority of us have indeed driven when we really should'nt. If you're not one of them, I sincerly applaud you...and I'm serious about that.

That_Guy
04-29-2008, 09:31 AM

you should also get a special plate thats a certain color.. so everybody knows to watch you....

HAMRHEAD
04-29-2008, 09:33 AM
I agree but would state it as legally drunk. It doesn't take much to be legally drunk and many of us have driven drunk and probably didn't even realize it, just suspected it. I myself have driven intoxicated but decided over 11 years ago that this was not the thing to do and never did it again before anyone got hurt. Couldn't stand the thought of taking someones family from them for something so stupid.

pOrk
04-29-2008, 10:23 AM
yes I do. I said ALMOST every one of us. I know there are people smart enough to not do it, but a vast majority of us have indeed driven when we really should'nt. If you're not one of them, I sincerly applaud you...and I'm serious about that.

When I first read that I thought, who the heck does he hang out with.

Then I went to Cans last night and asked everyone and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I can honestly say I have NEVER driven under the influence, of anything.

But its easier for me because I don't drink, I drank once back when I was younger and it wasn't for me.