PDA

View Full Version : Paint job?

Beagle
04-28-2008, 12:41 AM
Im wondering how this would work. If I went to a dealer to buy a new Silverado and I wanted a flat black paint job with clear coat would it cost more for them to do that or could they just make that request before the truck is painted at the factory?

Flicktitty
04-28-2008, 12:48 AM
stop at a chevy dealership and ask, i know a few new car companies are trying to get on this new trend and offer them but from what i've heard you have to order it that way.

Poncho
04-28-2008, 01:02 AM
Flat black with a clear??? That would make gloss black.

70 cutlass 442
04-28-2008, 01:15 AM
ROFL, you truely are a knob!!

Beagle
04-28-2008, 01:16 AM
no then it would look like gloss black.......

Beagle
04-28-2008, 01:17 AM
beagz, would this be a flat black with gloss paint job or just a gloss paint job?

my buddy who wants to do this wants it to look like the truck on Rob and Big. Im just asking the question on here for him.

stowsea
04-28-2008, 01:18 AM

well not if you use a matte clear

Boost21
04-28-2008, 01:24 AM
like this?
http://socalcustoms.com/Shows/2006/SEMA/Day1/images/IMG_7898.jpg

its called "stealth black"

stowsea
04-28-2008, 01:26 AM
like this?
http://socalcustoms.com/Shows/2006/SEMA/Day1/images/IMG_7898.jpg

its called "stealth black"

yeah, flat black

pOrk
04-28-2008, 01:32 AM

You sure do know everything lately, don't you?

I have no idea about ordering the vehicle from the factory that way, usually you have to choose from their production colors.

To get the flat look, you add a flattening agent in with the clear coat. The paint job is then just as durable as the next glossy painted car, yet keeps the flat look a lot of people are looking for.

Flicktitty
04-28-2008, 01:32 AM
yeah, flat black

yeah, Matte black

oh and awnser your phone cawkass

stowsea
04-28-2008, 01:35 AM
yeah, Matte black

oh and awnser your phone cawkass

i havent answered my phone in 4 days, i have bronchitus i think, self diagnosis/medication

Flicktitty
04-28-2008, 01:36 AM
i havent answered my phone in 4 days, i have bronchitus i think, self diagnosis/medication

shitty.

well i was gonna tell you ur vert s10 is on CL lol :rolf

stowsea
04-28-2008, 01:42 AM
shitty.

well i was gonna tell you ur vert s10 is on CL lol :rolf

yeah, i know. i could've sworn that he said he welded the top back on, i gave him the back window for it. well guess not. i would actually buy that back, but NOT for how much he wants for it

Breecher_7
04-28-2008, 05:15 AM
Not a fan, I think it looks like primer personally. Different strokes for different folks i guess.

Z28Roxy
04-28-2008, 07:55 AM
Probably have to get the dealer or body shop to do that, since it's not a paint option for that truck AFAIK.

And also noteworthy if you have dealers order cars from the factory (so you customize the options) you usually don't get any of the dealer incentives for the car. But it's still cool to get exactly what you want.

Philly-O
04-28-2008, 08:20 AM
have him order the truck in black and take it to a body shop after getting it and have them scuff the truck and re-clear it in a satin clear.

kornholio788
04-28-2008, 08:36 AM
You can either do whta pork said and add flattner to the clear or you can buy flat clear. PPG's number is DCU2060. I can't think of duponts number off the top of my head. But that is another route you could take. That clear is also flexed so you can use it on your bumpers without worries as well.

Crawlin
04-28-2008, 09:56 AM
GM will not paint a "special" color just for ONE person.

same reason why you can't order one by one specific options, you have to do packages.

it would slow the assembly line down for prodcution

That_Guy
04-28-2008, 10:24 AM
MURDER IT OUT!. i really like the way it looks.. im not sure why.. but i like it

pOrk
04-28-2008, 11:28 AM
yeah, i know. i could've sworn that he said he welded the top back on, i gave him the back window for it. well guess not. i would actually buy that back, but NOT for how much he wants for it

PM Sent

Poncho
04-28-2008, 12:06 PM
You sure do know everything lately, don't you?

I have no idea about ordering the vehicle from the factory that way, usually you have to choose from their production colors.

To get the flat look, you add a flattening agent in with the clear coat. The paint job is then just as durable as the next glossy painted car, yet keeps the flat look a lot of people are looking for.

No shit, but he never said he was looking for a satin clear. He said flat black w/ a clear coat. I always LOL when people do DIY paint at home w/ a flat black and a clear and go, why the hell is it so shiny? You always know everything.

kornholio788
04-28-2008, 03:01 PM
No shit, but he never said he was looking for a satin clear. He said flat black w/ a clear coat. I always LOL when people do DIY paint at home w/ a flat black and a clear and go, why the hell is it so shiny? You always know everything.

How is flat clear not a clear coat. Pleast just stop talking. I always LOL when people think they know what they are talking about but really don't.

pOrk
04-28-2008, 04:06 PM

I know how and when to add Oil

ZING

stowsea
04-28-2008, 06:20 PM

ZING

:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

Poncho
04-28-2008, 11:56 PM
How is flat clear not a clear coat. Pleast just stop talking. I always LOL when people think they know what they are talking about but really don't.

there is a satin clear and normal clears. I'm pretty sure I know this considering the cars my dad and I had done work on to paint or painted ourselves. Pretty sure I know what i'm talking about too, *** stain. :thumbsup

And Eric, what kind of muscle car do you drive again? You're just another tool with a Bike. Got insurance?

Beagle
04-29-2008, 12:22 AM

ZING

nice one pork :thumbsup :rolf

thanks for the input those of you who didnt shit on the thread. (everyone who has oil in their cars) :rolf

pOrk
04-29-2008, 12:40 AM
there is a satin clear and normal clears. I'm pretty sure I know this considering the cars my dad and I had done work on to paint or painted ourselves. Pretty sure I know what i'm talking about too, *** stain. :thumbsup

And Eric, what kind of muscle car do you drive again? You're just another tool with a Bike. Got insurance?

Yea, you can paint. Just like you can run the mile in 6 minutes, right?

Yes I have insurance, and a bike, and a truck, and a car. What do I win? I suppose you ate all the cookies :banana1:

SBC-Fox
04-29-2008, 12:49 AM
Yea, you can paint. Just like you can run the mile in 6 minutes, right?

Yes I have insurance, and a bike, and a truck, and a car. What do I win? I suppose you ate all the cookies :banana1:

owe ouch that was a plate of owned just wow

theavenger333
04-29-2008, 01:38 AM
i peed a little.